PDA

View Full Version : Resculpts I'd Like To See - & Why!

Tycho
09-23-2001, 10:02 PM
Han Hoth - hood up, gun fits in holster.
Master Yoda - hopefully a sweet Episode 2 version will do.
Han Carbonite - could make a really nice Deluxe figure done right.
Luke Death Star II Jedi - extremely articulate. The definitive Luke.
Death Star Gunner - a deluxe figure with cannon.
R5D4 - I guess is coming already, but they could make other R5's.
Hoth Rebel Soldier - gun in holster, vest, like vintage flight crewer.
Bib Fortuna
Han Endor - shield bunker style, if they need still another Solo.
Dengar - with a backpack.
Emperor's Royal Guard - Kir Kanos style, even if not EU
Endor Rebel Soldier - AfricanAmerican variation.
Lando General - gun in holster, cloth cape.
Ishi Tibb - scum from Jabba's Palace
Ugnaught - as seen on the sailbarge
Death Star Trooper
Lobot
Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand with positionable bandana + goggles
Kyle Katarn - ex-Stormtrooper (the resculpt not the Jedi -which would be nice, too).
DarkTrooper - different phase of armor
Death Star Droid - silver.
R2D2 with Lightsaber - smaller 3rd leg, hilt with detaching blade.
Gonk Droid - there were many various kinds.
Uncle Owen
Y-wing Pilot - Grey Leader ROTJ
B-wing Pilot - replaces vintage exactly, red squadron.
Luke Endor - removeable helmet, attachable saber hilt.
Leia Endor - removeable helmet, poncho.
Bespin Security Guard - African-American
Duros - other one in the bar.
Mace - really articulate - hopefully Episode 2, with Council Chair.
Ki - really articulate - hopefully Episode 2, with Council Chair.
Adi Gallia - really articulate, with Council Chair.
Destroyer Droid - that completely transforms
Captain Panaka - removeable hat, soft goods.
Naboo Security - AfricanAmerican, Asian, Indian, or Hispanic
Naboo Royal Guard - white, hopefully Episode 2, less action posed.
Darth Maul Hologram - poseable.
Tuskin Raider - really articulate, gaderffi stick, 2 removeable bandoliers
Gungan Scout - electropole, binoculars, not army regular uniform
Plo Koon - really articulate, not Episode 2 battle worn, Council Chair
SaeSae Tiin - really articulate, with Council Chair, hopefully Episode 2.

And as for RESCULPTS, I think that's it. I certainly would buy MOST of these, but not all. I'm not a completist, but could use most of these in my dioramas.

GNT
09-24-2001, 03:15 AM
I agree with you on most of them :)

I would like to see a Episode 1 Yoda with legs

and a brand new Emperor figure :)

Luke Skywalker - Dagobah W/ bag - ESB,make a POTJ standed version of him, unlike the buff one, this version would be way better :)

evenflow
09-24-2001, 10:40 AM
Emperor's Royal Guard
Jabba the Hutt
Yoda

Tycho
10-31-2001, 12:01 AM
I brought this back, while we're discussing R5-D4.

Starfig873
10-31-2001, 12:07 PM
I like the Han Carbonite idea. Since its deluxe it could come with that claw like in the movie, since many people want this claw anyway ;)

I'd like a "resculpt" of R2-D2 Dagobah. With mud and grime deco. He should come with a "glowing" power generator that can plug into him. Plus all of Luke's rations and boxes he brought with him to Dagoabah....maybe some rocks too!
:D

master jedi
10-31-2001, 12:48 PM
I think everybody knows what I think of re-sculpts.

xboywonder
10-31-2001, 01:14 PM
I would really like to see a new Han resculpt...... Just kidding.

What I really need is another Leia... to go with my Planet of the Apes action figures.

Wolfwood319
10-31-2001, 01:16 PM
A Kir Kanos-esque Royal Guard would rock. Quite possibly could be one of the coolest figures ever.

I also think that another less bulky, more articulate, resculpt of a Snowtrooper is in order.

And how about a Baron Fel-esque Imperial Pilot re-sculpt with removable helmet, better articulation, gun holster, the works. That would be cool too.

Seriously, there's enough ideas for figures on this thread alone to keep the line going way beyond AOTC.

JediCole
11-01-2001, 01:34 PM
Wow, this reminds me of my old thread, "Resculpt Roundup"! Needless to say, there are plenty out there in need of the resculpt treatment...

Han Solo (Hoth) - How did LucasFilm ever wind up passing on this version of Han? Was he seen, even for the briefest moment, in his Hoth gear in this way? We see him with either the hood up, or down, but absent the hat to my recollection.

Emperor's Royal Guard - The mumu version was a huge disappointment. I think that Hasbro was attempting to answer concerns about rendering one arm obsolete. But then that is just part of ACCURATLY portraying the character. They did it all those years earlier and no one complained. But then it did have cloth accessories, something vital to any resculpt.

Coruscant Guard - While we are on the subject of "one-armed" characters in need of a resculpt, why not this guy? Again, cloth is the answer to the obvious problems. I will give Hasbro some consideration for doing a less awkward job of converting to a two-armed figure, but it is still grossly inaccurate. A resculpt would provide the opportunity to make a slightly different face behind the helmet.

Dr. Evezan - If any figure crys out for a resculpt as much as Han (Hoth), it is the good doctor. He has one of the most distinctive mugs in the Star Wars Universe and all of his features were simply glossed over. It bears little to no resemblence to the character and should be re-done in a non-action pose with a removeable vest and perhaps a removable lower arm.

Uncle Owen - Also crying out for a resculpt. The original did no justice to the character and the awkwardly bent arm is just a farce. We need a more sensible version of Luke's uncle. And like Evezan, a resculpt would give collectors the chance to buy just the ONE figure they want.

R5-D4 - Duh. Not really necessary to include this one, since it was at least planned, but I am hopefull that it won't simply be ignored. We need a correction of the terrible "attack" version that collectors have been saddled with up to this point.

Dengar - I think we could all stand for a version that reflects his appearance in The Empire Strikes Back, complete with the trademark backpack.

LTBasker
11-01-2001, 02:05 PM
I like that deluxe Han in carbo w/ claw idea... the claw could be attached where that ugly gun is on the Carbonite Chamber playset. :) And the carbonite unit that comes with the Han could also interact perfectly with the chamber.

I'd like to see:
1. The Han mentioned above
2. Luke Tatooine, Final edition (full articulation, removable stormtrooper belt, lightsaber hilt, remote droid [training droid] and some decent binoculars for him)
3. Endor Han (his coat could be made out of thin plastic so it'd be more loose but wouldn't be all over the place like fabric)
4. A regular...articulated, accurate Chewbacca
5. Hoth Han, correct coat, a removable hood piece kinda like the removable helmets, better articulation and a holster with removable blaster
6. 2-1B Medical Droid, c'mon... the vintage and POTF2 ones aren't very good compared to what we could get if it was made now..
7. R2-B1
8. Biker Scout (a more casual and articulated version)
9. Tarkin
10. Snowtrooper

AmanaMatt
11-01-2001, 08:46 PM
only ones I'd care for would be:

Deluxe Han Carbonite (with torure rack and fully enclosing carb block)

Jabba the Hutt

Jedi Luke

R5 D4

Luke and Han in Stormtrooper gear

Emperor's Royal Guard

Dengar - POTF2 version was really bad

evenflow
11-01-2001, 09:25 PM
I think that list is taking it to the extreme. I think that the most important resculpts that are needed are :

1. Emperor's Royal Guard
2. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt

broctoon
11-02-2001, 03:18 PM
Ok, here's my list o' wants. They are in order of the ones I want most towards the top, but then it just gets random:

1. Jabba ROTJ- I can not believe they have yet to do this. It boggles the mind when you think of the horrendous Special Edition and Ep I Jabbas they put out.

2. Luke Stormtrooper- This would look sooooo good with the same type of body as the commtech Stormtrooper and a new head sculpt (as long as they don't give him buckteeth)

3. Emperor's Royal Guard- Definitely needs cloth this time

4. Snowtrooper- I'm really hopefull on this one since they did a new Stormtrooper and sandtrooper. This one would look AWESOME if done correctly

5. Han in Hoth- What the hell were they thinking with the '96 version. One of the worst POTF2 figures ever.

6. Uncle Owen- Worst figure from a cinema scene, please remake this!

7. Dr. Evazen- not as bad as Uncle Owen, but definitely needs to be resculpted.

8. Luke Endor- Old one was only so-so, and it was never carded

9. Leia Endor- See above

10. Luke Jedi- POTF2 was pretty good, but so much more could be done with it.

11. Hoth Rebel trooper

12. Emperor- Cloth robe

13. R2-D2- make him from Dagobah, give him all the stuff someone else listed

14. C3-PO- Just a nice, regular Threepio with a silver leg

15. Han in Carbonite- They have to make the block translucent and have the figure able to put his hands up (how did Han get out of those cuffs when he was frozen, anways?)

16. If they *have* to do another Maul, which it looks like they are, give him a cloth robe, and make it from the scene when he's talking to Sidious on the balcony

17. Leia Bespin Gown- Only done int he Leia two-packs. I'd like to see a regular cardered version of this one

18. Luke Dagobah- give him *tons* o' accessories!

19. Han Stormtrooper- Same as Luke Stormtrooper

20. Spirit Obi-Wan- It would be awesome if they could make it something other than just blue. They need to have it see through, but also have more color to it, like he appeared in the film. Plus, the sculpt on the other one blew.

Princess_Leila
11-02-2001, 04:21 PM
Yeah, a new Spirit of Ben would reall be welcome. I just hope that they wouldn't do him with his hood up, like he is on Hoth. The standard one would be the best choice. Yep, they could give him some nice color this time around.

I'm actually looking forward to a new maul figure. I would just love to see one with a PERFECT head sculpt (just like the Deluxe figure), and a more standard Tatooine pose. The carde tatooine Maul just blows hard. The tatooine showdown one is still a nice figure, but I would love to get a stiffer one.

Again, real scan is welcome for this guy! ray park can't be too busy these days, can't he?

JediCole
11-02-2001, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by broctoon

15. Han in Carbonite- They have to make the block translucent and have the figure able to put his hands up (how did Han get out of those cuffs when he was frozen, anways?)

Actually, if you notice, the Ugnaughts remove the cuffs (from his wrists), however, they do leave behing the thingy around his biceps when he goes into the deep freeze.

I would love to see a deluxe Han (Carbonite) as described by Amanamatt as they torture rack would work well with the Carbonite version of Han. The inclusion of the claw, especially if it could work with the playset (for those who have that) would be a nice touch.

As for the Carbonite block itself, I think a version that combines the features of the block that came with the carded Han and the block that came with the Jabba's Palace cardboard playset Han would be the best approach (the "frozen han" panel could be removed to reveal the recess into which the Han figure could be placed. I agree that the figure's arms should be articulated and the hands should be outstretched, to mimic the look of Han when he was sent into the freeze chamber. Bubba Fatt was working on a custom version of the Carbonite block I describe here, but never finished it, to my knowledge. I don't think a translucent version would do justice to the look of this prop.