PDA

View Full Version : Did Maul assassinate Qui Gon and Sifo Dyas?

BillyJAck
06-09-2002, 06:34 PM
This is just a thought and I wanted everyone opinion on it. I don't have every angle here. just a thought

What if Qui Gon and Sifo Dyas were in with Dooku to start a seperatists movement. Maybe somehow Sidious was in on it too or caught wind of it. And Qui Gon and Sifo voiced there objections to Dooku about doing business with the Sith or Lord Sidious. So to get them out of the way Sidious had Darth Maul assasinate Sifo and then go to Naboo where the events of TPM were happening. Maul might have really been there to assasinate Qui Gon because why was he really there? So now Qui Gon and Sifo are out of the way and Sidious can control Dooku better. I also think if this were true that Dooku, Sifo Dyas, and Qui Gon had no knowledge of Darth Maul. Now that Maul is dead as well as Qui Gon and Sifo. Sidious convinces Dooku to be his apprentice. Dooku doesn't know what really was happening. Then they start up the plans to what leads up to the events of AOTC. ..well just a thought.

billyjack

Beast
06-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Actually, the way that it's worded he was killed prior to the events of E1. It may always remain a mystery, who exactly he was. But it's clear that Dooku and Sidious used his name to place the order, and frame the Jedi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-09-2002, 07:06 PM
So why really do you think Maul was on Naboo? All this planning and plotting and its Go to Naboo to confront some jedi and his padawan? what purpose did that serve? Maul seems to died for no cause or reason. I think maybe Maul was there to assasinate Qui Gon maybe this would make Dooku come to the Dark Side(like sidious would know and forseen). Whats wrong with my theory that Sifo and Qui were assasinated by Maul for Sidious to get them out of the way so he could eventually turn Dooku to use him and his connections with a seperatists movement since he had outplayed his hand with the Trade Federation. HMM?

billyjack

Beast
06-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Maul was on Naboo, to deal with the Jedi when they came back with the queen. And also to oversee the Neimodians. Similar to how the Emporer later sends Vader to oversee the original and second Death Stars. Maul was overconfident in his abilites though, and got himself hacked in half by Obi-Wan. Which necessited finding a replacement for his foolish apprentice. Dooku ended up falling into his hands, and since he was distraut with his former padawans death, and the way that the Jedi's cater to and are used by the Senate, Sidious was easily able to manipulate him into joining him. Which works out better, because obviously Sidious doesn't train his students very well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Laserbrain
06-09-2002, 10:26 PM
I've found myself revisiting that old joke that Darth Maul was a clone after I came up with the idea that Anakin may in fact a clone.

Say Sifo-Dyas creates Anakin as a prototype Sith clone (using genetic material from who knows who) then Shimi sales herself into slavery to escape the Dark Lord while she's still carrying Ani.

That taken with a grain of salt, one might say that Darth Maul was the second, more successful Sith Clone. Dyas trains him in the Jedi arts, then brings in Palpatine. Not knowing about the number one rule of the Sith, and they kill him to take his place.

It all depends on how you do it.

Why was I writing this again? I dinno...maybe I should lay off before someone says I'm trying to peddle exploding droids...

BillyJAck
06-09-2002, 11:00 PM
uh what does that have to do with this thread? its about maul assasinthing them . YOu bought shmi on it.nvm

billy

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Sorry...lost myself for a while there...

As far as assassinations go, I think that's what bounty hunters are for. Besides, there's always a more direct way to get your butt kicked than putting a hit out on a Jedi ;)

However, Maul was not sent to Naboo to specifically take out the Jedi. They were investigating the Trade Fed blockade and dangeriously close to discovering Sidious's plans. It may not have been his direct orders but Maul's implied mission was to oversee the occupation by any means necessary. Given the chance he would have killed the Queen without a second thought, whether she signed a treaty or not. If she were taken out of the picture, then I'm sure someone would have called it an "assassination." Thing is, the Jedi got in the way and Maul had to fight them cuz they were protecting the Queen who was leading the resistance force, which was in direct opposition to his mission.

So yeah, it doesn't take much of a stretch to look at it that way.

BillyJAck
06-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Who rated this thread at one star. lol somebody doesnt' like my idea/theory. LOL It could be what really happened. U don't know. On GL does

The True Maul
06-12-2002, 10:59 AM
I agree with you Billy Jack Awesome Idea!!!!:cool: