PDA

View Full Version : What's the best figure resculpt To Date of all the Figures ?

DarthBrandon
06-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Just wondering what everyone thought was the best resculpt of each Star Wars Character to date. Example Vader would be in my opinion Vader (Dag) or Vader (Removable helmet). This would include sculpt (articulation) paint, play ability, extra features, and most likeness of the character

Here's my list according these characters, feel free to add your own if mine does not list it. Here Goes:

1. Vader (Dag or Removable Helmet) Toss up
2. Ben Kenobi ( POTF 90's version, Green card )
3. Luke Skywalker ( to date the new Bespin Version from Saga)
4. Han Solo ( Bespin Capture)
5. Leia ( Bespin version and General)
6. R2D2 (Leia Hologram)
7. C3PO ( Red card POTF)
8. Boba ( 300th Edition)
9. Stormtrooper ( Tatooine Sandtrooper POTJ or Commtech Trooper Version)
10. Royal Gaurd ( Saga )
11. Rebel Trooper ( POTJ )
12. Chewie ( Falcon Mechanic )
13. Jango ( Kamino Escape )
14. Endor Rebel Soldier ( Saga )
15. Emperor ( Final Duel )
16. Rebel Pilot ( Wedge Falcon Version)
17. Lando ( General FF POTF )
18. IG-88 ( POTJ Version )
19. Best Droid ( Red Droid from Royal Starship and R2-Q5 )
20. Mace ( Deluxe Mace Saga Line )
21. Zam ( Saga Version )
22. Best New Figure ( Bo Shek )
23. Yoda ( Saga Version )
24. Plo ( POTJ )
25. Tie Pilot ( Interceptor Version )
26. Qui ( Tatooine Showdown )
27. Dooku ( Saga 3 3/4 Carded with Sidious Hologram)
28. Best new Jedi ( Kit and Luminara )
29. Clonetrooper ( Red Saga ) not SP Version
30. Bespin Gaurd ( Carbon Freeze Version )
31. Padme ( Amidala with ascension gun )
32. Anakin ( Hanger Duel )
33. Jar Jar ( swimming )
34. Best new Saga Character ( Dex and Taun )
35. Boss Nass ( Gungan Sacred Place )
36. Darth Maul ( Sith Speeder Version )

I'm sure there are many more, but these are my favorite ones out of the different versions out there. This is also my own opinion.

Feel free to give yours.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Let's see:

Vader - Commtech or Removable Helmet
Ben - POTJ version
Luke - POTJ X-Wing
Han Solo - POTJ Death Star Escape
Leia - POTJ Slave and Bespin Escape
Artoo - Holo Leia
Threepio - POTF2 Removable Limbs
Chewie - I'm gonna jump the gun and say the Saga Bespin Escape one, however the 25th Anni. and POTJ Mechanic figures are pretty amazing also
Yoda - Saga version
Boba Fett - 300th kinda hard to argue with that one
Lando - POTJ Bespin Escape (one of the greatest figures ever!)
Best Ewok - Teebo (not really many choices)
Stormtrooper - Commtech version
Best Imperial - a toss up between the Saga Royal Guard, the POTJ Biker Scout, and the POTJ Imperial Officer
Ep1 Anakin - Tatooine Showdown version
Ep1 Obi-Wan - Jedi Knight (with the real-hair braid)
Ep1 Qui-Gonn - Tatooine Showdown version
Darth Maul - Tatooine Showdown

jjreason
06-10-2002, 12:51 AM
I think it was Flashback tatooine Luke that came with the hat and binos, very cool for collectors and those of us pining for cut scenes.
POTJ Old Ben and Luke XWing are very nice compared to what's come before, but I didn't have any problems with the older versions of Old Ben. Im really happy they redid the "buff" Lukes.
Maul tatooine showdown is the best one of many.
The 25th Chewie is my favorite, as is the commtech stormie.
Darth Vader is tough, but Removable helmet was so hard for me to get, it stays my favorite one. I don't really love any of the non vintage Hans or Leias. They all look a little off. commtech Leia with hood up is probably the most flattering likeness.

DarthBrandon
06-10-2002, 01:21 AM
Big B,

I forgot about the POTJ Lando, that was also a very good resculpt. Thankx for reminding me about that one. Now it's a toss up between General and POTJ for me. I also liked the X-wing Luke, I just thought he could have a little more in body size. Very nice sculpt though.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:19 AM
Yeah the POTJ Luke X-Wing caught a lot of flak from collectors when he first came out. Mainly due to his buck teeth, which Mark Hamill had. The only problem, in my mind was lack of accessories; I really wish he had come with a blaster and a lightsaber just to kind of round out the figure.

Now that I think about it, I think the Threepio that came in the Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene is the best one. The blow apart one is pretty cool, but tends to look a little too dirty.

DarthBrandon
06-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yeah the POTJ Luke X-Wing caught a lot of flak from collectors when he first came out. Mainly due to his buck teeth, which Mark Hamill had. The only problem, in my mind was lack of accessories; I really wish he had come with a blaster and a lightsaber just to kind of round out the figure.

Now that I think about it, I think the Threepio that came in the Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene is the best one. The blow apart one is pretty cool, but tends to look a little too dirty.

Yeah the lack of accessories really bothered me as well, but the removable helmet was pretty cool. I guess that's why his head looks so small. Cinema Scene 3PO is cool, but I guess I'm going to stick with 3PO from POTF red card series. Like that one cause he's so shiny. I also forgot about commtech Leia as well; shes a pretty good sculpt as well.

wedgeA
06-10-2002, 06:23 PM
I really like the POTF Commtech figs. Although many of the choices were redundant, ie Luke T16, they looked really nice. That line has all my favorite versions of the main characters. Also, I liked the use of the cloth accessories and soft goods. If only Luke came with a lightsaber...

I also liked Old Ben and Xwing Luke from POTF.

I also give props to the flashback line. The sculpts were mostly decent with some exceptions, but I liked the fact that they were widely available and they had a nice assortment of most of the OT main characters, it was a great way for the new collector to get a foothold into the hobby before TPM.