PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 08:02 PM
:confused: ok for my first qusetion:

when Han was frozen in carbonight,one of the Ungrants pushed it over,it seemed pretty heavy right?well after that the 2 bespin gaurds were pushing it,but no one was at the other end.

for my second question,witch is a littel strange but someone may have an answer:

Why in Ep1 and Ep2 Yoda is so smart and wise,but it Ep 5 he's a corn ball.

thank you for your time.:)

DarthBrandon
06-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Here's my reply to the best of my ability :

1. The carbonite block that Han was frozen in has some kind of hovering feature as you can see in the footage, that it does not touch the ground in any way after the freezing scene. i.e. walking through Bespin and being loaded on Boba's ship.

2. I think the reason why Yoda acts like a cornball in Episode 5 is cause he's playing with Luke to see if he can anger him as easy as his father does. Also he's trying to keep him on his toes.
Just playing some Jedi mind tricks on Luke, that's all.

MikeAndTheBots
06-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Well Yoda stops acting all "cornball" once Obi-Wan pipes in, after that he gets pretty damn serious.

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Answers...

1) Hover capabilities as before mentioned...

2) Senility... lol. Still a master of the Force but a little touched up stairs... ;) Let's face it... Old people can still have a grasp on the physical aspects of everything (like the force)... but lose it mentally.

Actually, I think it was simply to throw a bit of comedy into an otherwise incredibley dark (compared to ANH and RotJ) film. Think about it... ANH had Solo's witty remarks and sarcasm, accompanied with Luke's boyish excitement over adventure, and it left you at the end with a sense of accomplishment and joy. RotJ had Ewoks that entertained everyone (and later died in the onslaught of falling Death Star Debris [see post under classic trilogy "Ewok Holocaust"]) and left you feeling pretty good about hte way things turned out... But ESB left you wondering how things would end and turned out to be pretty depressing.... Yoda's antics were the only thing really definitively humorous...

LTBasker
06-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Well obviously he would've been a little effected from being on Dagobah for so long by himself, which is why he probably felt no shame in hitting R2 over a small lamp considering he must've met R2 at least ONCE during the prequels - which I doubt he would forget. :D

Eternal Padawan
06-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Living in a swamp for twenty+ years with no one to talk to would make anyone a little "cornball"...Yoda went a little batty, but he snapped back when Luke showed up.

MFH
07-09-2002, 12:34 AM
I've seen people go senile at a much younger age than 900 years. Give the old green guy a break, will ya?

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 10:57 AM
I'd say Yoda acted "cornball" because he had been alone on Dagobah for 21 years...that much time in solitary confinement does that to a person. :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-09-2002, 12:15 PM
The entire "loony" thing was an act - his first test of Luke's patience. As soon as Luke failed, he got real serious real fast - "I cannot train him. The boy has no patience." He's not insane, he's smart like a fox!

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Of course he's smart. Maybe the cornball act was revese psychology! :D

DarthBatman
07-10-2002, 02:28 AM
What the heck is a cornball? I know what you mean when you say it, but what exactly is a cornball?

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 08:55 AM
A circular substance made entirely of corn and the occasional piece of hair and dead flies. This thing is what a cornball would have for a brain. :D

morecow299
07-14-2002, 12:53 AM
i agree with brandon on the yoda thing. it was a good idea to test luke. i also thought that yoda acted like that because originally he didn't want luke to know he was a jed master too soon. if yoda acted seriouse and calm luke might have guessed that he was yoda from the begining and yoda didn't want that.

AdmiralPiett
07-14-2002, 04:51 AM
Yoda was trying to reinforce bread and butter Jedi basics:
1. Take nothing for granted; explore all possibilities.
2. Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them.
Obviously Luke failed both of these tests by assuming that there was no way hell that this little green goofball could be a Jedi Master.
Piett

Darkross
07-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Yoda's first test of Luke's patience was when Luke crashed his x-wing in the "Slimy mudhole!" Who here thought as a kid when they first saw ESB that Luke accidently crashed his x-wing in the lake? I did. It never occured to me that "All scopes are dead I can't see a thing..." that perhaps Yoda tampered with Luke's xwing to make it crash in the slimy mudhole so that he would have to use his faith to free the ship...yet another test!

Luke: "I don't believe it!"

Yoda: "That is why you fail!"

Yoda is very clever...and was testing Luke's patience from before Luke got there. He keeps telling Luke to be patient until it is revealed the Yoda is YODA to Luke.