PDA

View Full Version : ***star Wars Trivia***

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-09-2002, 08:27 PM
The goal is simple, ask a question relating to ANY aspect of the Star Wars universe. Not the making of the films or stuff like that, but questions from the universe we all love so much... First to answer the question correctly gets to ask the next question...

GO!

Q: Which company built Darth Maul's ship the "Sith Infiltrator"?

Jason B
06-09-2002, 08:31 PM
Kuat Drive Yards

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Good guess, but nope...

Jason B
06-09-2002, 08:42 PM
'ell if i know, then. :D

Beast
06-09-2002, 08:47 PM
That would be, Republic Sienar Systems. :)

What does 4-LOM's name, supposedly stand for?

*BTW, may not want to reply to much to this thread, mods will choose to close it, if it's being used for post padding. I suggest the 2/12 rule that is used for Bouka*

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SWAFMAN
06-09-2002, 09:21 PM
4-LOM = for love of money

what's the average wingspan of a mynock?

die-jarjar-die
06-09-2002, 09:22 PM
2 metres?

2-1B
06-09-2002, 10:46 PM
How strong do you have to be to pull the ears off a Gundark?

Swaffy, I'll venture a 3 foot wingspan. :)

SWAFMAN
06-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Ding-Ding-Ding!!

Caesar - close enough! (1.25 metres) Your turn....

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 10:53 PM
Now someone ask me a question...

JediTricks
06-09-2002, 10:54 PM
Since the "Other Movies" section is for other movies that aren't SW, I've moved this to the General Discussion forum.

2-1B
06-09-2002, 11:02 PM
Cool! Can't I head into the Cheese Fry booth like Farley on SNL ? ? ? :D Lucky guess on the Mynock wingspan . . .

Okay . . . . what race is Yarna d'al' Gargan?

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:04 PM
She's a Davenportian from the planet Claire.:D

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 07:27 AM
I got one! What is the eighteenth word spoken in ANH and who said it?:D

DeadEye
06-10-2002, 10:06 AM
The eighteenth word is "we're" spoken by Threepio on the Tantive IV, when he says, "We're doomed."

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Wrong!:p It's "madness!" You did get the second part right so you get half a point.:)

"Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor. We'll be destroyed for sure. This is madness."

What is the name of the A-Wing Pilot who drives his damaged ship into the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ? (I don't know and I'm hoping someone can tell me)

DeadEye
06-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Oh. Well, I was reading from the ANH script, not the actual movie.

The pilot's name is Arvel Crynyd.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Are you sure? I thought that was the guy who came in the Rebel Pilots 3-Pack. Y'know the one who Hasbro claims is an A-Wing Pilot even though he is wearing the B-Wing Pilot outfit. Plus that Arvel guy looked really oriental in the toy; but the actor who crashed into the SSD was far from oriental. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the first thing about EU; but is there a book somewhere where this guy is mentioned?

icatch9
06-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Crynyd, Arvel
this Alliance starfighter pilot crashed his A-Wing into the Executor's command bridge during the Battle of Endor. The resulting explosion caused incredible amounts of damage to the Star Destroyer's control systems, and the gravity of the Death Star pulled it to its fiery demise

Title The Star Wars Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
Author(s) Bill Smith
Copyright Date 1996
Publisher(s) Del Rey Books

I think that answers that question hands down. Plus, I don't think we can trust Hasbro to make anything accurate. Especially a guy who was on screen for 2 seconds.

I know dead eye answered that question but he didn't ask a question. So I guess that means that I get to ask on by default.

Who are the only people in the Original Trilogy that use a lightsaber?

DeadEye
06-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Luke, Ben, Vader, and Han. :)

Ok, I technically need to ask three questions now, since I've made 3 answers:

-What is the classification and speed of Dash Rendar's Outrider compared to the Millenium Falcon?

-What is a shapeshifting species other than Clawdites?

-What was the name of Red Four in the Battle of Yavin?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Luke, OB1, DV, and Han.

OK, R2 technically since he shoots it out to Luke in ROTJ.

How many ships (and what types) fly back to Yavin 4 after the DS blows up?

icatch9
06-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Good questions Dead eye. I don't know the EU ones, but I'm sure someone will get them

Red Four is Biggs

4 ships survive The Battle of Yavin. 2 X Wings, a Y wing and Millenium Falcon. One X Wing bleongs to LUke, the other to Wedge, and the Falcon to Han. My guess is that the Y Wing belongs to Jorg Sacul, but that's a whole other ball of wax:)

Who are the only pilots to make it through beggers canonyon at full raceing speed in skyhopers?

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the reference icatch9! These other questions are way too EU for me so I have to stay out of this one. Although if I was allowed to ask "behind the scenes" questions, you guys would be toast.:)

icatch9
06-10-2002, 04:34 PM
I agree BigB. I like stickly movie questions too, but I had to bust out my EU arsinal. Actually my question wasnt' to EU it's from the Star Wars Radio Drama. So, it' still star wars with Luke and Liea, just not the movie. So, where do you aquire such vast knowlege of behind the sceens stuff?

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Did Wedge ever do it, or am I totally pulling that one out my butt?

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
I agree BigB. I like stickly movie questions too, but I had to bust out my EU arsinal. Actually my question wasnt' to EU it's from the Star Wars Radio Drama. So, it' still star wars with Luke and Liea, just not the movie. So, where do you aquire such vast knowlege of behind the sceens stuff?

I've always been more interested in the real-life stories behind the movies than in the fantasy world itself. Thus I have spent most of my time reading Making of..., Art of..., Annotated Screenplays and just about any interview I can find.

I could ask questions like:

Who supplied the voice of Yoda for the ESB Radio Drama?

OR

Who is the ILM artist responsible for the conceptual design of Klaatu?

OR

What month of what year was the first draft of "The Star Wars" completed?

OR

What role was Mark Hamill originally cast for?

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:18 PM
The answers:

John Lithgow
Ken Ralston
July 1974
Deak Starkiller

DarthBrandon
06-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Mark Hamill original role, I don't know Han Solo ?

Two Beggers pilots, I don't know Biggs and Luke maybe ?

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Mark Hamill original role, I don't know Han Solo ?

Sorry, that wasn't intended to be a real question, since the criteria in the first post clearly stated no making of questions. That's why I posted the answers shortly after. Hamill was originally cast for the role of Deak Starkiller and the outfit Luke wore at the awards ceremony was originally to be Deak's uniform (minus the big yellow coat).

DeadEye
06-10-2002, 06:45 PM
The surviving Y-wing belonged to Gold Three.

Red Three was Biggs.

Red Four was John D., a rookie pilot who was shot down right after blowing up his very first TIE fighter.