PDA

View Full Version : Nikto : Jedi Knight?

Battle Droid
06-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Was his hood meant to come off at first?

Cause it looks like they sculpted a whole head underneath it, I wish it came off. :(

I also wish it had more articulation.

Fulit
06-09-2002, 09:12 PM
They did scuplt a whole head underneath, I pulled the entire robe off him, it was difficult, but the figure actually looks a lot better w/ out the robe IMO. His head is a cool sculpt and he can hold his lightsaber in a slightly different position than what his robe limits him to.

Battle Droid
06-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Did you have to cut the robe any?

Beast
06-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Yep, he looks great without the robes. Definatly going to get a second one of him to customize as a robeless version. Need to do an arm swap, or re-paint the sleeves to match his Jedi robes color though. Of course, just repainting them will leave them somewhat baggy and the wrong texture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 09:41 PM
I had to cut mine off.

2-1B
06-09-2002, 09:45 PM
I haven't seen him in the movie with his robes - is it in there? There is a Nikto (I think) going nuts with a saber but he's not wearing white - it's brown (his undercoat perhaps?) . . . is that the same guy?

Fulit
06-09-2002, 10:03 PM
I didn't have to cut my Nikto's robes, I just pulled real hard and swore a lot.

CrossWizard
06-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Yeah, you can see Nikto Jedi(the figure version) on the Arena Battle scene just right of Obi Wan, before Dooku orders the Droids to stop shooting, but hes robeless.

JediTricks
06-10-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Did you have to cut the robe any? I bought this figure yesterday and didn't have to cut anything, just turn his arms the right way and pull. Putting it back on wasn't even that hard, and again, no cutting. Heck, since he's got a white painted tunic under his regular brown robe on his torso, his white arms didn't even look out of place, he just looked like he was wearing a brown vest with a white shirt. The head is indeed fully-sculpted underneath. I too wish this figure had more articulation, both at the hips and the elbows.

Battle Droid
06-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Okay, I got it off him. :D

brentfett
06-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Anybody got a picture of the robe-less Nikto?

pthfnder89
06-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Yeah, you can see Nikto Jedi(the figure version) on the Arena Battle scene just right of Obi Wan, before Dooku orders the Droids to stop shooting, but hes robeless.

I'm not sure about that CrossWizard. The Jedi behind Obi Wan in that scene has hair, which Nikto doesn't, and his tunic is white but he's not wearing a hooded cloak, like the Nikto.

Strangely enough the Nikto I think I saw was dressed in a dark brown cloak. Maybe they took the Hasbro picture withoutremembering which one it was supposed to be.

Runobot
06-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

Forhekset
06-10-2002, 12:01 PM
I had noticed that the Nikto Jedi figure seemed to be fully sculpted underneath his cloak, but I had never really bothered with trying to get it off before, til I saw this thread. So I did just now and man, I like this figure MUCH better without the cloak. JT is right, his white sleeves don't even really look out of place (maybe he's wearing one of those puffy pirate shirts underneath his vest).

I did accidentally create a small tear behind the right sleeve opening on his cloak getting it off. Hardly noticeable though. This guy would make a nice "background-filler diorama alien" if he weren't so darn action-posed.

CrossWizard
06-10-2002, 12:21 PM
I made a miscalculation, I just checked that scene out and its exactly when Dooku says "Maaster Winduuuu...you have fought..." Nikto is right next to Kit Fisto.

mrmiller
06-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Wow Wiz! You went back to the theater and watched ATOC just to find Nikto. You really are a die hard. ;)

=MATT=

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Just took the cloak off my Nikto figure. He definitely looks much better without it!

CrossWizard
06-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Wow Wiz! You went back to the theater and watched ATOC just to find Nikto. You really are a die hard.

Yes I know. It was just one swift jump away :)

Actually, all I did was click on my Windows Media Player ;)

pthfnder89
06-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Lol, yeah that "desktop theater" is pretty nifty. I've seen AOTC there several times myself. ;):D

Originally posted by CrossWizard
I made a miscalculation, I just checked that scene out and its exactly when Dooku says "Maaster Winduuuu...you have fought..." Nikto is right next to Kit Fisto.

I went back to see which one you were refering to Crosswizard.
The red headed alien dressed in white standing next to Kit Fisto looks a bit more like a Barrada. When he is shutting down his lightsaber he turns towards the camera and you can see his dog-like jowls, and his sharper, dome shaped head. The Niktos head is flatter and wider.

Of course my "desktop theater" version isn't exactly DVD quality so it's hard to be sure, but I'll definitely check it out when I finally get around to seeing it digitally this week. :)

odi-wan windu
06-10-2002, 05:28 PM
yeah I got it too. It's the same thing with qui-gon. he looks better without his robe and he can move more.

LTBasker
06-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yep, he looks great without the robes. Definatly going to get a second one of him to customize as a robeless version. Need to do an arm swap, or re-paint the sleeves to match his Jedi robes color though. Of course, just repainting them will leave them somewhat baggy and the wrong texture. :)

The tunic sleeves are baggy on pretty much all the cloak Jedi. I haven't looked at the Nikto figure a whole lot but don't recall his cloak being very baggy. Maybe using sand-paper to lightly give it a "shave" would do on the surface so to take off the pattern of the cloak?

NiktosRule
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
The Nikto jedi does not make it to the final circle in AOTC. There is a Klaatoonian Jedi (Barada) and also a Weequay but the Nikto jedi doesn't make it.

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 09:55 AM
The Nikto Jedi is my least favourite figure next to Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. They are virtually unposeable lumps of plastic. I love the Nikto design, but have to say that Hasbro totally blew it on this poor little guy.

evenflow
06-11-2002, 10:21 AM
I think I will try this.