PDA

View Full Version : NYC finds

ScarletX
06-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey haven't seen a NYC thread started so I figured (no pun intended) I would. C'mon with 10.3 million people, there must be some collectors in the area! :)

I'll start Newark TRU had the usual peg warmers...

Hitman
06-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Yesterday @ Times Square TRU (figs now $4.99):
POTJ: Had plenty of Zuttons and Eeth Koths, several Landos, R5s, Tesseks, FX-7s, Rebel Troopers, etc.
AOTC: Had a couple of Yodas, lots of Clone Troopers and Mace Windus, but no more Bespin Lukes or Vaders. Did have the 12" Jango though for $43.

(Oh, and you now get the E1 widescreen VHS free with ANY SW purchase. I'll be giving them out as stocking stuffers this year.)

Yesterday @ Manhattan Mall KB Toys (figs now $4.99):
Found a random Royal Guard, but no sign of the 12" Clone Troopers.

Hitman

ConvergeDW
06-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Hooray for New York, How many times have I tried to start this thread?

Onlyafleshwound
06-12-2002, 12:20 PM
I've seen a few red and yellow 12" clone troopers at KB in the galleria mall in westchester today. Last week they had 5 cases of vaders and lukes but I still haven't seen any palpy's or Puhr's. The only two left to finish my collection----this week.

__________________________________________________ _

1 to save
1 to open

Onlyafleshwound
06-20-2002, 07:07 AM
There's a huge amount of 12" jango fett in the tru in The bronx-Bay Plaza. I think someone forgot that they had a huge shipment, and finally unpacked it.

'bout 20 or so.

So, ephant mon goes to a bar, and the bartender says, "Hey, why the long face?"

Hitman
06-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Finally had plenty of Royal Guards, Luminara Undulli's, and Taun We's. Also had tons of Clone Troopers, got a shipment of the preview figs, and had a bunch of the POTJ Zutton, FX-7, and AOTC Bespin waves. Didn't see any new Deluxe figs or the Acklay. (I also don't remember seeing any of the 12" figs, but I probably just didn't walk thru the whole section in my haste today)

... rumor has it that they had Han Solo and the Orn Free Taa wave earlier in the week, and that the Chewbacca wave should be in next week...

Hitman

Hitman
06-23-2002, 09:34 PM
...forgot to mention that they had a whole bin of Anakin Outland Peasant and Super Battle Droids for $1.90!!! If you need to build an army, head on over to TRU!

Hitman

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 11:31 AM
got a few super battle droids yesterday, getting more today! what a deal for $1.90!

lapork
06-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Saw all 9:
Orn
Palpatine
Djas
Massiff
Han
Chewie
Endor rebel
Qui-gon
Obi-wan

at 2 KB's in Manhattan but only picked up Palpatine & Djas

ScarletX
06-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Last check of Times Sq TRU, early this week, tons of 12" Jangos very cool, I must say though the price is a bit high $43....

Hitman
06-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Not much new. Got there at noon today and snagged the only two Han Endors I saw. Don't know if they had anything else at opening, but there were a bunch of Dookus too. For those who've been holding out on buying them, the Deluxe Obi-Wan & Mace were marked down to $3.90, and Nikto and Saesee Tiin have joined the $1.90 Clearance Club.

Also, if anyone still needs POTJ FX-7, Amidala Travel, Imperial Officers, Rebel Troopers, or Zutton, both Times Square & 14th Street had plenty of them.

Hitman

SNAYSON
07-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Hitman
Not much new. Got there at noon today and snagged the only two Han Endors I saw. Don't know if they had anything else at opening, but there were a bunch of Dookus too. For those who've been holding out on buying them, the Deluxe Obi-Wan & Mace were marked down to $3.90, and Nikto and Saesee Tiin have joined the $1.90 Clearance Club.

Also, if anyone still needs POTJ FX-7, Amidala Travel, Imperial Officers, Rebel Troopers, or Zutton, both Times Square & 14th Street had plenty of them.

Hitman

AWESOME! I was waiting for any of the deluxe saga figures to go into clearance!

hello, TRU time square, put the POTJ figures in clearance! you have a whole wallful clooging up the pegs!:crazed:

Hitman
07-07-2002, 11:39 PM
HAD: Endor Rebel Soldier/Qui-Gon/Djas Pur/Palpatine wave. (Of course by the time I got there I was only able to find a pair of Qui Gons, a single lonely Djas Pur, and a bunch of Endor soldiers). Plenty of 12" Jangos & Mace Windus tho.

DID NOT HAVE: Still no sign of the Acklay or anything with a red Battle Droid. Also didn't see ANYTHING on clearance this week. Personally I'm waiting for those 25th anniversary sets to get marked down...

Hitman

Hitman
07-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Nothin' new. Had a bunch of Endor Rebel Soldiers, Qui-Gons, and Dookus (and probably had the rest of that wave earlier in the day), but nothing I haven't seen before. Clearance bin had the POTJ Deluxe Leia & Amanaman for $4.90 each.

Hitman

SNAYSON
07-16-2002, 08:48 AM
times square TRU

nothing new

morecow299
07-16-2002, 10:23 PM
are there any good stores to get star wars figures old and new for a decent price in the midtown area. list as many as you know and where they are. please reply soon

ConvergeDW
07-18-2002, 05:11 PM
No. Sometimes the chelsea flea markets have stuff for decent prices though, but it is hit or miss.

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 12:36 AM
I have never found anything decent in those flea markets. I've stopped trying.

Hitman
07-21-2002, 04:19 PM
Had Chewbacca, plenty of Han Solos, plenty of Dookus, and even a couple of Yodas (plus the rest of the usuals). No sign of Ki Adi Mundi or Teemto, nor did they get the exclusive X-Wing yet. Nothing new on clearance.

Hitman

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Hitman,

thanks for the update. I will check it out sometime this week. I still need to get myself a Chewie and Han.

lapork
07-23-2002, 07:16 PM
saw these 2 guys @ KB in Manhattan

Hitman
07-28-2002, 02:43 PM
You name it, they had it today (almost). Grabbed Orn Free Taa, Geonosan w/Massiff, Palpatine, Obi-Wan Pilot, and Djas Pur; and they also had plenty of Hans, Chewies, and Rebel Soldiers.

No Ki-Adi-Mundi or Teemto though, and they still haven't received the X-Wing.

(BTW - If you go there looking for anything in particular, make sure you ask... They usually have more of everything in the back, and they're more than willing to help you out if you ask nicely. - Hat's off to the folks who work there!)

Hitman

Hitman
08-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Some figs as last week, but also had about a dozen of the exclusive X-Wings for $39.99 each.

Hitman

ColemanTrebor914
08-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Anyone know if any of the new stuff has hit Queens, NY yet? I cannot find Ki-Adi...

Hitman
08-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Nothing new on the 3/4" or 12" front, but for those who are interested, they had around a half dozen Playskool Millenium Falcon sets at $27.99, as well as the x-wing and Naboo fighter sets. Also had the Jedi Dex for $34.99.

Hitman

ConvergeDW
08-23-2002, 11:39 PM
trying to keep this thread from being buried, or is it worth it?
I found all the new unleashed stuff at a Kay bee on LI so I would imagine That it is availible in the city. Nothing new at Times Square though. Has anyone found anything past The Ki adi wave around?

KingOfSting
08-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Nothing new really...everything up to the JSP Obi-Wan wave, including both versions of Han, but excluding Jango and Boba Fett (KE), as well as HD Anakin, Yoda, and Count Dooku...this goes for TRU on Richmond, as well as KB in the SI Mall, by the way. Oh and TRU still has some AT-ST's and jsut got in more X-Wings

ConvergeDW
08-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Times Square TRU has gotten the 25th Landspeeder, and they also put a ton of stuff on clearance for $1.90. Worth checking out. Perhaps this means we will get some new assortments in there.

Hitman
09-15-2002, 02:12 PM
...as I brush the dust off this thread...

DIdn't see anything new on the 3 3/4" front (although I got there 2 1/2 hours after opening and the pegs weren't jammed to capacity as they usually are), but they had the 12" Dooku, Super Battle Droid, and Zam Wessell, as well as 2 12" Luke w/Tauntauns for $59.99 a pop.

Hitman

ConvergeDW
09-20-2002, 08:53 PM
Got Padme Couruscant Attack, Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot, and TA Anakin at Software ETC today. Also TRU has got the Electronic R2. + New 12" wave.
that's all

Hitman
09-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Nothing new on the 3 3/4" figure front, but had a bunch of the Republic Gunships at $43.99 each, still had a couple of Lanspeeders, 12" Luke + Tauntauns, the Unleashed figs, and the Action Fleet X-Wing and TIE Advanced.

Still waiting for them to get anything past the Chewie wave...

Hitman

ConvergeDW
09-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Hitman, what time of the day do you normally go to the Times Square Store?

Hitman
09-30-2002, 09:03 PM
I usually plan on getting there when they open at 11 on Sunday, but by the time I drag my butt out of bed, I usually don't show up until around 1!

Hitman

lapork
10-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Last new thing that I saw was the Republic Gunship at TRU-Times Square plus a lonely, damaged Lott Dodd @ KB-34th St...neither of which I bought.

ConvergeDW
10-09-2002, 09:53 PM
I picked up just about everything past Chewy at a KB in Forest Hills, I wound up buying 12 figures, it seems for now Out of the way KB's are the best bet (not 34th).

ironsaviour
10-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi, I'm a new member, an first of all I'd like to say you a big sorry for my english because I don't speak english very well. Ok, maybe you could help me. On november I will be in Manhattan and I would like you to tell me where could I find action figures (from Episode I, because I haven't completed my collection yet, an sga collection or power of the jedi). I have some directions: toys 'R Us in Times square, in Union Square, KB Toys in Herald Square... is this information correct? Another place in Manhattan? Thank you for your help.

Hitman
10-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Not much to report... only new thing I saw today was the 12" electronic Jango & Obi-Wan. Passed on those but picked up a 12" Dooku to open. Still have plenty of the Republic Gunships, and exclusive X-Wings, Landspeeders, and 12" Luke + Tauntauns. Nothing new on clearance either. Hoping that news item last week on TRUs clearing out the old stock and bringing in the new between 10/15 & 10/30 turns out to be true...

Ironsaviour - Personally, if I don't buy it at retail, I tend not to buy it at all (occasionally I'll order something through Brian's Toys if I really want it), but the only secondary market place I ever pop into around here is Forbidden Planet on Broadway and 13th Street - their older stuff changes regularly. Can anyone else help Ironsaviour out?

Hitman

ConvergeDW
10-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I think the city is pretty dead for toy finds particularly older stuff, but like Hit man said, Forbidden Planet has a Fair selection of POTJ. Other then that...there is this awful ripoff of a store on 33rd, but I wouldn't send anybody there. I am hitting TRU in the morning so I will post if there is anything interesting.

On another note...Is anyone going to that Masters of the Universe event on Friday? I sure as hell am!

ironsaviour
10-15-2002, 01:59 AM
thank you hitman, thank you covergedw for your information. Do you know somwthing new about the tydirium shuttle? Maybe on Christmas?

ironsaviour
10-15-2002, 02:40 PM
one more question. Someone told me that trs use to have big discounts on thanksgiving day. But could someone tell me when is eactly? Maybe the day before? Thank you.

ConvergeDW
10-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Discounts??? I don't think so, The Day AFTER Thanksgiving( which falls on Nov.28) is known as black friday, and someplaces have sales from 6am until 10 or 11, but Star Wars Stuff is rarely included, with the exception of the Hasbro purge a few years back, and also Manhattan store locations often tend to not follow Mainstream store sales.

Hitman
10-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Day after Thanksgiving... went to TRU at opening 6 of the 7 years since the SW line came back in 1995 and my biggest only score was an E1 Darth Sideous Hologram in 2000. Not worth the effort IMHO (last year was the year I finally skipped)

Hitman

ConvergeDW
10-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Yeah Hitman, I've never really found much that morning, but, I think it's hysterical to watch parents fight over toys, moms vs. moms.
By the way, checked TRU Times Square today, figures are decimated, but they got the Geonsis Arena in.

ConvergeDW
10-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Question: Has anyone pre-ordered the Imperial Shuttle From FAO? They just wrote my name down, no deposit.

Hitman
10-21-2002, 12:03 AM
Same old 3 3/4" stuff, but had the Action Fleet AT-TE, Solar Sailor, and Naboo Fighter. Still had plenty of the Gunships, Interactive R2s, exclusive X-Wings, Landspeeders, and 12" Luke + Tauntauns, and I saw the Unleashed Vader for the first time today. Didn't see any more Geonosis Arenas anywhere though...

(And no, I haven't ordered the Shuttle yet... still trying to decide if I'm holding a bake sale for the Shuttle or the LEGO Star Destroyer...)

Hitman

ironsaviour
10-21-2002, 07:34 AM
Does anybody know when is going to be released the imperial shuttle?

ConvergeDW
10-22-2002, 10:16 PM
The shuttle is scheduled for Late DEC. I think, but have been hearing january dates thrown around.
Checked Union Square TRU they had Anakin TA, Darth Maul ST, but that's it, better then Times Square TRU

Hitman
10-27-2002, 06:50 PM
Good News/Bad News: The Bad News is that they STILL haven't swapped out their old inventory yet... The Good News is that they had a bunch of figs on clearance seemingly at random for $1.90. Myself, I picked up a half dozen Endor Rebel Soldiers. Still plenty of the exclusives left.

Hitman

lapork
10-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Passed by yesterday to find a bunch of Teemto & Maul-ST but no Lott's nor Clone pilots.

As for TRU-Times Square, missed out on the clearanced Endor Rebels (dang).

Onlyafleshwound
11-02-2002, 09:08 PM
In the Bay Plaza TRU they had the Silver R2 early. I got mine!:)

they also had in:
Padme pilot
Jang Pilot
Lott dod
teemto
lots of yoda's and T.A ani's and the sliver electronic saber.

No Mace or Doku unleashed:frus:

The unleashed figures ring up with the silver r2 promo, so you don't have to have a cupon or a $20 purchase!!

I have 2 more R2's if anyone's intrested.
Kwicqness@aol.com

__________________________________________________ __

Is that your saber hilt or are you really happy to see me...:sur:

ConvergeDW
11-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Got my Silver R2 @ Times Square this morning, I forgot how insane those stores get at this time of year. Nothing new I picked up the 12" Dooku to get the R2. If anyone is into simpsons they did get the Main Street playset in.

Hitman
11-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Shoot, CDW... I didn't know they had the silver R2 in stock... I stopped in quickly on Sunday as I was trying to catch a flight out and passed up on a non-SW item I wanted because the line was crazy.

I also passed up on TA Anakin, Maul, and Padme at KB's at Manhattan Mall. Had plenty when I was there.

Hitman

SNAYSON
11-06-2002, 01:49 PM
i was happy to see more of the preview clone troopers in stock at times square. not much left though. got 2 silver r2's there.

ConvergeDW
11-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Slow Slow Slow...
Found remnants of the Ephant Mon Wave at 34th st. K-mart, they had a teemto, lott dod, Tusken Raider w/ massif, and the new deluxe asst. They also have the Geonosian arena for $34, even though it is marked $50. That Times Square TRU is starting to nausiate me.

Hitman
11-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Well CDW, looks like you were there one day too early... Had all the newer figs today and still had plenty left. Picked up Clone Pilot, Jango, Teemto, Ki Adi Mundi, Lott Dodd, Watto, and Tusken w/Massiff. No sign of Elephant Mon, but I did pick up the silver R2. Also were out of the $9.99 DVD, but was told they'd have more tomorrow.

Hitman

ConvergeDW
11-22-2002, 07:11 PM
EPHANT MON HAS HIT TRU TIMES SQUARE!!!!
I just picked him up.

Hitman
11-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks CDW! Got there a little after opening today and snagged 2 of the 6 Elephant Mons they had... rest were gone before I left (except for one waaaaay up on the top peg). Otherwise, same as last week. Hoping they get more Clone Troopers by Friday. (Also got what I believe was the last silver R2 as they didn't have any signs, I had to ask if they still had them, and they had to dig around behind the registers before they found one.)

BTW, Anyone ever find the Acklay or any Deluxe past the first wave in NYC?

Hitman

ConvergeDW
11-27-2002, 05:48 PM
OK Hitman, here you go.
If you go down 42nd st, there is a small holiday KB express store, it's right across from AMC. I was there yesterday morning, and they had a ton of Deluxe Yoda and Threepios. My Girlfriend went up to grab them for me today, because I forgot my wallet yesterday, and said there were still a ton of them left. As for waves three and four. FAO has wave 3, and I saw wave 4 at K-Mart a few times, and saw them at a few stores on LI this morning. I have never seen the Acklay in the city, but I am looking. Rock on.

ConvergeDW
11-27-2002, 05:51 PM
OH yeah, I also found new unleashed at a LI KB today, as well as the AOTC Playskool set this morning, but I guess that doesn't really help you guys, at least it's around.

Dar Basra
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ConvergeDW
If you go down 42nd st, there is a small holiday KB express store, it's right across from AMC. Can't believe I walk past there every day (on the opposite side of the street), and had failed to notice it. They're in the shuttered Museum Company space (they'll probably be gone after the holidays).

Well, I stopped in yesterday to see what they had and found to my happiness several Clone pilots (bought a handful and left a couple on the rack) - my first Clones!!! Don't know why, but I stopped in again today to see if they had anything new ... AND LO! AND BEHOLD - I GOT MYSELF AN EPHANT MON!!! It was the only one they had, but it wasn't there yesterday, so who knows what will be there tomorrow. And there were still a couple Clone pilots. So check it out. (Now, if only I could find the other Clones).

(All figures $4.99).

ironsaviour
12-19-2002, 01:55 PM
I'd like than you all, guys for your help (Hitman, converge...) I'm again in Spain, and I've been in new york, in San Francisco and in L.A. I have been in Forbidden planet, Tokio toy and Loves saves the day. Thanks for your help. I got my ephant mon the last day I was in New York, at times square toys 'r us, on 3rd december. I was trying for las time before leaving and at 2:30 p.m. an employed had a big chart with 12 ephants mon, with clone pilots...
Good luck and thanks for your help again!

Slacker Jedi
12-21-2002, 05:54 PM
I saw the new Yoda & Destroyer Droid at TRU today... but I'm not gonna get them now.
I'm sick and tired of rehashed figures... these two don't have much going for them, IMHO.

ConvergeDW
01-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Just keeping this thread fresh until we start to get new stuff around here. Times Square TRU marked a bunch stuff down to $1.90. Mostly Jango Pilots, Watto, Teemto, and Lott Dodd.

ironsaviour2
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
The next monday I'll arrive in New York and IŽll spend 18 days in the USA, and I think someone could help me. I was wondering how difficult is at this moment to get OTC Vintage stuff and how much are at Toys 'R Us or KB toys. In Europe these action figures are very overpriced and the are not so much. I have been in the USA 2 years ago exactly and I got a lot of SW stuff. IIs anybody outherefrom New York city? Could you tell me about prices at KB or Toys 'R Us? Thanks for youl help.

Kidhuman
11-12-2004, 11:54 AM
As someone who lived in NYC for 28 years, I can say to check TRU on 34th Street. Also the Forbidden Planet on Broadway. I believe it is on 12th street and Broadway. |If you are going into Queens I can give you alot of places there.

ironsaviour2
11-13-2004, 03:42 AM
If you mean Forbidden planet, near Union Square I was there 2 years ago and They hadn't a lot of figures but I checked all the Toys 'R Us and I picked a lot of figures and ships. Yes, please, tell me about Queens.

MrMet
11-13-2004, 06:22 AM
TRU is no longer on 34th street in Manhatten. Has been closed for about three years now. Right now the Toys R US store on 44th and Broadway has an excellant selection. I was there on this past tuesday. The union square Toys R Us is usually a waste of time for me but give it a shot if you are in the area. Its right across from the park 16th street and south park ave I believe

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Well dang, sorry about that. Last time i was there(about 3 years ago) it was there. Is the Forbidden Planet still there?

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Okay, you have to rememebr I havent really been there in a few years so On Metroploitan Ave, there is a TRU. I used to get alot of stuff there. It is down by 69th st and Metro, across from the cemetary. It is in Metro Mall.

Also There was a comic store on Metro, east of Metro mall, across Woodhaven Blvd. They were a little pricey, Royal Collectibles I think was the name of it.

Down in Forest Hills, on Austin Stret, there is a store, dont know the name of it, but they also had some stuff there. Their prices werent too bad, a little mark up but you can check there.

Also, Sukons, it is on Crossbay Blvd, near Pitkin Ave. It is a toy store, they had high prices, but I dont know what they are now.

Down on Jamacia Ave, between 89th and 90th streets, Jasons Toy Store. Same as Sukons, pricey, but they sell them.

Also if you head up the Van Wyck Expressway, check the TRU over there, you cant miss it, it is about 2 miles after Shea Stadium, and you can see it from the Hihgway. While you are over there, get off the Van Wyck at 20th Ave exit, turn left at the light and go about 1/2 mile. on the right hand side is a shopping center, go into that Target. They have some stuff in there as well.

Hope that helps ya.

ironsaviour2
11-14-2004, 03:50 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow morning and if I have time I'll check all these stores. Thanks for your information.