PDA

View Full Version : What does the Nexu want with Jargo ?

2-1B
06-10-2002, 03:43 AM
:confused:
Hold the Nexu's tongue down for awhile and tell me s/he is not saying
"Jar-gohhhhhhh" "Jar-gohhhhhhh" in a creepy demonic voice! You should hear it 16 times, to be precise. ;)

Or maybe it's just me.
:rolleyes:

:D

Jargo
06-10-2002, 09:06 AM
:eek:

pthfnder89
06-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Um... hehe. Haven't found a Nexu yet so I can't comment I guess...:)

Starfig873
06-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Aww blast...my Nexu's batteries are still deader than dead. Guess the folks at Target had to test out that blasted button over and over again. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
06-10-2002, 11:11 AM
It DOES say that!! Perhaps it's just a little payback for all of the sweetness Jargo's sent them over the last year... :happy:

"The AOTC line is crap!!! The gimmicks are crap! The paint jobs are crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!" :p

...that's my boy! :D

Jargo
06-10-2002, 06:53 PM
We aim to please........ :crazed:

LTBasker
06-10-2002, 07:50 PM
So that's all the Geonosians had to feed it?

j/k. :D

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 08:39 AM
D'oh! :eek:

DeadEye
06-11-2002, 09:18 AM
No wonder it came after Padme!

Jedi Drew
06-11-2002, 11:08 AM
YUM-YUM EAT THEM UP :eek: :eek: :eek:

2-1B
06-11-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
No wonder it came after Padme!
I've got two responses to that, the first being innapropriate so I'll leave it alone ;) but . . .

That's a great theory! At first I thought the Nexu had some sort of problem with Jargo (the Hasbro revenge theory does hold up) but now that you mentioned it, yes - perhaps it merely seeks to do Jargo's bidding!
I smell a conspiracy between Hasbro and Jargo! :crazed:

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

I've got two responses to that, the first being innapropriate so I'll leave it alone ;) but . . .

That's a great theory! At first I thought the Nexu had some sort of problem with Jargo (the Hasbro revenge theory does hold up) but now that you mentioned it, yes - perhaps it merely seeks to do Jargo's bidding!
I smell a conspiracy between Hasbro and Jargo! :crazed:

Glad I wasn't the only one to get multiple responses outta that. :D

So a very big feline animal with a flytrap plant mouth that does actually meow just before taking out a Geonosian Warrior is Jargo's henchkitty? Freaky...

Jedi Drew
06-11-2002, 12:09 PM
O.K. sorry-about that post, what can I say? I thought it would be funny. I hope I don't get banned for it:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jargo
07-12-2002, 03:25 PM
HEHEHEHE, I just got my Nexu - the second version packed straight across the blister not diagonally and with the darker spines and tail - ant it flaming well does say Jargo!!! "Jaarrrr-goo, rwarrrrr!" that's what it says. I thought you guys were havin' a laff but my god, it says my name. My partner is going purple with apoplexy because I won't stop pushing the tongue to make the bad kitty speak. :D I like the Nexu.... :evil:

Darth forb1us
07-12-2002, 06:07 PM
um you guys have tongue-activated Nexu????
(mines a button under his left-front leg) :eek:
havent opened him cuz its the only 1 I have, but when I get a second I will be as he is very cool looking :)

* your guys' have tongue activation? or holding the tongue muffles his screech and says jargo??

Jargo
07-12-2002, 06:31 PM
If you open one, the jaw is opened by pulling down on the bottom teeth. You push the tongue in quickly and it makes one sound but if you hold it in it makes a second sound that is almost like "JAAAAARRR-GOOOOO" followed by the sound you get when you push the button. The button on the side only gives the meow sound effect. How sad for all those who never open that they will never get to hear the second sound effect...... truly a masterstroke on Hasbro's part. :happy:

2-1B
07-12-2002, 06:39 PM
The Nexu haunts my dreams. :(

Jargo, how long do you think the batteries will last? I played it to death just to be certain I was hearing what I thought I heard, and so far my Nexu's voicebox is still going strong. :)

See? Hasbro DOES really listen! :D
Why else would they select such a vocal forumite as the Nexu's prey? :confused:

I'm gonna go call Andy Epenshade, see what he has to say . . .

Jargo
07-12-2002, 07:52 PM
I just discovered that if you push the button one way you get one sound and if you sort of wiggle as you push you get a second noise. BONUS! :) So that's actually three seperate noises. Cuz the second noise the Nexu makes when you push in the tongue is the same as the first noise when you ppush the button.

The batteries should last a fair while. I've still got all the batteries that things packed with in all the POTF2 ships and they all still work after years of use.

The Nexu is a funny kitty. He wouldn't haunt my dreams at all. I'm not that bad really. I do actually say some nice things - from time to time..... If it's good I'll say it's good and if it's bad I'll certainly let them know what I think of it. Some people round here seem to think I'm the devil incarnate though. What's the fun of a love Hasbro glee club? Gotta have the flip side of the coin to balance things out is what I say. If I have one question I want to ask about all products individually it would be "And the reasoning behind this design would be.....?" I think Hasbro and any large company should stop listening to those who just go yes and buy anything and instead start asking those who say no why they say no. It's more important to get the dislikers onside than the likers. A questionnaire from Hasbro that goes into detail about what we like and dislike might help them far more than any of these threads or fans who speak to them in person.
Put it on their website and let the true facts and demographics win out.
Never mind figure want lists what about what we don't want? How to help Hasbro see their mistakes sooner, earlier in the production process, before the product reaches final stage and goes off to the factory production lines. That'd be the most beneficial interaction as I see it. It would be more healthy than just shoving product out in the hope that people might like it. And as Bigbarada said elsewhere, Hasbro keep fixing things that aren't broken. More interaction at the planning stage might help end that.

But back to the Nexu, The bendy tail is fabulous too. I now have great hopes that this will eventually lead to a decent Dianoga beastie. It works so well on the Nexu that it really couldn't fail on the Dianoga. The Dianoga is simply a bag of squish with many tentacles coming off it and an eye stalk at the top with a mouth hole underneath. Dead easy to do. Make the eye stalk as a lever to make the mouth open and close - pull it up and the mouth closes, push it down and the mouth opens. Range several Nexu tail like tentacles round the outside and you have a Dianoga. Pack in a Luke in Stormtrooper outfit and you've got a fab toy package. It seriously needs considering I think.

Nexu is also officially my favourite toy this year. I like him a ton of lots. :)

mabudonicus
07-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Okay, I had a feeling that you guys in particular would be talking about this. I got nexu yesterday, and he makes 4 sounds (two with the button, two from the tongue). I thought I heard a 5th sound, but I was kinda ripped at the time.
SO MY QUESTION- Does ANYONE know how many sounds it really makes?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW (spell em out if you must, a la "death cries from savage sword of conan", you know, "AIYEEEYAIEEEARRRGGGHHH!!")

Nexu
07-16-2002, 12:20 PM
There is five noises, two with the tounge, and three with the button. I'm not sure how to make the three different ones, just push it repeatedly, and it makes them all.

I'm going to attempt to record them all. ;)

Nexu
07-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Another one.

Nexu
07-16-2002, 12:30 PM
Yet another.

Nexu
07-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Last one, for now. I cannot do the other button right now, but there is a way to do it. I will post it, if possible.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 12:50 PM
thats uncanny how it does say jaaarrgooo! haha! i'll have to get one out and see!

mabudonicus
07-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Thanks Nexu!! Trust someone with that username to give me the deal:)!!
PS I agree wity Emperor Jargo.... Nexu is possibly the coolest beast toy EVER!! From the design, to the features (Every time I heard a new sound I liked it exponentially more)
Beats the heck outta "Outland Pegwarmer Anakin"

Nexu
07-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Not a Problem. :)
Yeah, it's my favorite beast too. The Acklay would be much better, if it made noise, other than the "Click" sound. :frus: Any idea why it doesn't?

Jedi Knightrider
07-16-2002, 07:56 PM
WOW, that really does sound like "jarrrgooo!" :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

2-1B
07-17-2002, 01:08 AM
mabudon, any chance of Stanse inviting the Nexu into the studio to lay down some vox on their next album? :)

On Sunday, while watching AOTC for the . . . manyeth . . . time, I was REALLY trying to "hear" Jarrrrrgohhhhh during the arena scene, but it just wasn't there. :(
I was hoping to hear it because it would imply that the conspiracy goes above Hasbro, right to the desk of George Lucas. :D

2-1B
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
On second thought, maybe the Nexu was just anxiously anticipating this movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432906/)?

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Dude, a movie about Jargo?

Why weren't we informed?

Are you in it? Am I in it? Is Kidhuman in it? (I hope not. Movies with Kidhuman always seem to suck.)

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
(I hope not. Movies with Kidhuman always seem to suck.)Except that one where he got hit in the beanbag by a football. That was a good one.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2007, 02:45 PM
But-wha...?

Jargo
02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
where did you dig up this old fossil?

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Someone's clearly gone insane.

2-1B
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes JP, and his name is Jargo. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=610127&postcount=23) :grin:

:Teek-1B:

Jargo
03-30-2008, 06:50 PM
My Nexu's battery is dying. All he says now is "mrrr *k'k'k'k* ow *kkk*k*"