PDA

View Full Version : Should Ephant Mon be brown?

BillyJAck
06-10-2002, 05:01 AM
I love the new ephant mon figure. and can't wait to get him. But should he be brown. I mean you can cleary see in every single picture of him that he has BROWNish skin. So why is the one we are seeing from hasbro have much much much paler skin? Should he be brown like in the movie? or light tan? not this blueish grayish color he seems to be in the two photos i've seen....sigh..maybe the final thing will be brown who knows... somebody post a good picture of ephant mon.

billyjack

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:21 AM
Ephant Mon's skin really is the bluish-grey color of the toy; but he was always photographed in such dark areas of Jabba's palace that it tends to look much darker.

Beast
06-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Yeah, lighting and camera filters can completly change the color of things when they are filmed. That's also why Han: Hoth's Dark Brown Jacket shows up as blue on hoth, the lighting and blue filters for the camera lenses. Same with Luke: Bespin's fatigue's, they look Tan on film somtimes. But they are actually a more Khaki color. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-11-2002, 12:29 AM
well reguardless i simply cannot wait to get ephant mon and place him next to potj Tessek and Amanaman and ree yees(if i can ever find one)

billy

RooJay
06-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey JJB, where'd you hear that Han's Hoth jacket was really brown? I've read sources that say that the jacket was photo tested in the brown color, but that the actual jacket used in the film was blue. Just wondering where you'd gotten confirmation from.

Beast
06-11-2002, 06:41 PM
I have seen still pictures of it, in the scenes where he is stuffing Luke into the belly of the Tauntaun, you can see that it's actually brown. I wish I would have saved the picture, but sadly I didn't. I have browsed looking for them, but can't find it. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
06-11-2002, 07:48 PM
The reason that he looks brown is that the palace was filmed using amber lighting. Also, the negatives from the photos will have deteriorated with age. We're talking 20 year old negatives here remember.

The TV making of documentary that aired here in the UK showed an ILM stafer running around wearing the legs of Ephant mon and they were definately greeny grey.

Hasbro has actually produced possibly the best figure ever here as long as the factory paint applications don't ruin it. I guess we have to wait for the carded pics to start showing up before we can judge that. :)

But hats off to the designer and the sculptor of Ephant Mon. I'd buy you guys a beer if I could.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
well reguardless i simply cannot wait to get ephant mon and place him next to potj Tessek and Amanaman and ree yees(if i can ever find one)

billy

Some European online stores have Ree-Yees. It does cost a load of shipping, but if you really want him..

:)

BillyJAck
06-11-2002, 08:55 PM
how much and where?

billy

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 07:23 AM
I checked the site (theToyshop.com), he's currently sold out. With shipping to the US, the fig would've cost you 9.50 and this is in English Pounds.

Try Toypalace.de, they might still have him in stock. If you don't mind waiting, check TheToyshop.com from time to time, they are probably cheaper.

Hope this helps. I would've traded with you if i still had that extra Ree-Yees.

:)

RooJay
06-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I have seen still pictures of it, in the scenes where he is stuffing Luke into the belly of the Tauntaun, you can see that it's actually brown. I wish I would have saved the picture, but sadly I didn't. I have browsed looking for them, but can't find it. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I tend to believe you.

Still, even if it is brown in real life, in the movie it definitely appears blue. I think the figures should reflect that.