PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack Question

Adam
06-10-2002, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen anything about this, so I thought I would bring it up.

If the "Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack" figure is supposed to be Anakin when he slaughters the Tuskens, why, oh why, does he not have his cloak/robe on? He has it on in the movie during this scene, shouldn't his figure have it?

Beast
06-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Well, we haven't seen a finished version of the figure, or a carded version of him yet, so he may have a soft goods cloak. Remember, everything we see early pictures of are prototypes and paint masters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
06-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah I thought about that too, but I think he would look kinda goofy with a softgoods cloak. Ah well.. Patience is a virtue as they say..

Lord Tenebrous
06-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Another kinda disappointing aspect is that there's a Jedi Robe in the Arena accessory set, like there's a poncho in the Endor set (for Han).

So you could possibly shell out 10 dollars more for something you're not really satisfied about. But you could find somebody who plans on buying both, and survey them as to how the robes look on this particular Anakin.

Or if you have a crafts store near you, you could measure Anakin and find some thin fabric to stitch into a suitable cloak. But that might require some help from your sister, mother, or significant other - I'm horrible with anything with measurements, so I have mom help. Don't be embarressed to ask, at least it's keeping you off drugs. :)

pthfnder89
06-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Another kinda disappointing aspect is that there's a Jedi Robe in the Arena accessory set, like there's a poncho in the Endor set (for Han).

So you could possibly shell out 10 dollars more for something you're not really satisfied about. But you could find somebody who plans on buying both, and survey them as to how the robes look on this particular Anakin.

Well unfortunately, I'm sure the robe that comes with the Arena Accesory set won't be right for Anakin.

In AOTC Anakin wears a "cape" type of robe with a hood, just like Luke wore to Jabbas palace in ROTJ. It doesn't have any sleeves like normal Jedi robes.

The robe included with the Arena Accesory set is mostly likely to be a typical Jedi robe WITH sleeves. Which is better for most Jedi figures, but means it wouldn't look right on Anakin.:(

Lord Tenebrous
06-11-2002, 12:19 PM
You're right...but I'm sure this type of robe could be created from scratch as well. But not with plastic, that would be about as posable as Shaak-Ti - the cloakless Anakin allows for the posability than the cloaked version, which is ultimately what most want.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=99732

pthfnder89
06-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
You're right...but I'm sure this type of robe could be created from scratch as well. But not with plastic, that would be about as posable as Shaak-Ti - the cloakless Anakin allows for the posability than the cloaked version, which is ultimately what most want.

Yeah I've tried doing some fabric robes for my Jedi figures in the past, but I just suck at figuring out how long to make what, etc...:(

I'm good at sewing though for some unknown reason:confused:

Darth Annexis
06-11-2002, 12:49 PM
JEDI ROBES: Use Lycra...I costomized a Royal Guard, Luke Corescant, figure to make Carnor Jax...(I think) From Crimson Empire and I used Red Lycra as the cloak...looks *****in...all you would need is a nice fine peice of black or brown lycra to make the cloak...Hasbro uses that cotton fiber crap that does not fit well and certainly looks like a burlap bag on the figure....