PDA

View Full Version : An interesting find at Target

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Stopped by Target last night to hopefully score the Bespin wave, when lo and behold, I found a POTF2 Death Star Detention Block playset on the shelf. I guess they were cleaning house because this thing hasn't been around for several years. The box had been unsealed but all the parts were in their sealed bags and were accounted for.

The strange part is that the scanned price was $9.99, not a super discounted price like $1.50 like I was expecting. Pretty odd, huh?

icatch9
06-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Yea, I found a Epic Force Boba Fett at a Target Last week. It should of been $1.50, but they tried to charge me $10.00 for it. I said no thanks. After an item has been on clearance for more than 90 days it goes 90% off. It's just that item and the one I found was so old that the computer system didnt recognize it. So, they have to charge whatever price is on it. Oh, well.

Slacker Jedi
06-11-2002, 01:48 PM
For some strange reason, the local KB Toys last week put out a whole bunch (I'm talking dozens!) of Darth Maul electronic lightsabers... they are 9.99... don't know why they sat on those for three years...

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
For some strange reason, the local KB Toys last week put out a whole bunch (I'm talking dozens!) of Darth Maul electronic lightsabers... they are 9.99... don't know why they sat on those for three years...

Yeah, I noticed that too. They also were selling a few Euro Falumpasets and some EP1 action fleet stuff, mint. What's up with that?

Why can't they ever find a lost case of vintage stuff to sell? :D

Slacker Jedi
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM
I think I would have a heart attack if I went to KB or something and found vintage stuff on the shelves!!!! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2002, 05:47 PM
I've had many dreams about finding vintage stuff at a regular retail store. Everytime I get up to the cashier to buy them they say "Oh, sorry. These aren't for sale." Then they stash them in the back.

Maybe next time I'll just try the old five-finger discount in my dream and see what happens. :evil: