PDA

View Full Version : Who do you have to kill for an Orn Free Ta?

Fulit
06-11-2002, 12:08 PM
Honestly, is this guy rare or something? I got on the email list for when he came into Amazon, but he was gone as soon as he got there. The stores around here seem to be continually restocking with the same old crap. I went to KB's yesterday, and they were putting out a whole dolly full of boxes, the lady was nice enough to let me go through them, and every one of them were of the initial waves. Ok, well that about wraps up this week's availability rant. Thank You and goodnight, America.

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Really? They really must've really been slow with that e-mail. I saw him on Amazon a few days ago and he was available for quite awhile, dunno if he sold out or not. Guess he did.

pthfnder89
06-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Who do you have to kill for an Orn Free Ta?

Chancelor Palpatine? ;)

Darth Annexis
06-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Who do you have to kill for an Orn Free Ta?

A Walmart Employee

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 01:08 PM
A week or two ago, I saw 1 or 2 Orn Free Tatas at a few stores.

QLD
06-11-2002, 01:15 PM
I saw one, and haven't seen one since.

Jonna
06-11-2002, 01:16 PM
I saw him twice in the same week and then never again. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Jedi Drew
06-11-2002, 02:39 PM
About three weeks ago I picked up the Orn Fre wave at WM-ever since then....GONE:sur: :sur: haven't seen it after that day. I pick them up at about 9:30 or so in the morning. Hope this may help. HH. Go in the morning...if you can.

Beast
06-11-2002, 02:42 PM
My friend just picked me up a Orn Free Taa, Massiff, Anakin (Deluxe), and Nexu on Saturday in Colorado. They also had ERS, Qui-Gon's, and I believe the Luke: Bespin wave. So, they still are showing up, just keep looking. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Annexis
06-11-2002, 02:48 PM
http://www.toymaniacs.com/2001/sub_pg3.cfm?subcat_id=111&cat_id=6

7.99 in stock!

Slacker Jedi
06-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Don't buy from toymaniacs, they have TERRIBLE customer service!

Just wait another week or two, I guarantee you the Orn Free Taa wave will be everywhere, and you'll probably only pay 4.99 or 5.99 per figure, at most!

Hang in there! Don't turn to online scalpers!

Dooku Fett
06-11-2002, 02:53 PM
No one becuase they're all over my Wal-Mart.

sunblind
06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
We've been just getting trickles of the new figures. Although I'm still waiting for Walmart to RESTOCK the shelf. It's almost been 3 weeks since they did anything. And not much is left on the pegs.
Other than that, TRU would have to have a bon-fire all night long in order to get ride of all the 1st few waves of EP2 now sitting there collecting dust. And theres also 2 bins fulls of'em aswell. Nothing new will ever show up there until Ep3 probably.

Exhaust Port
06-11-2002, 02:59 PM
My Walmart, as of yesterday, was swimming in these figures. The building just felt fatter with him on the pegs. :)

DrewDewce
06-11-2002, 03:11 PM
I saw plenty of him at WM today on my lunch.

FETT
06-11-2002, 03:27 PM
seen orn free ta in large abundances at a local comic book shop here in toronto.....same with the deluxe anakin and all the bespin figures....masiff is gone.........i want my final battle jango fett!!!!..

Darth Annexis
06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
Don't buy from toymaniacs, they have TERRIBLE customer service!

Just wait another week or two, I guarantee you the Orn Free Taa wave will be everywhere, and you'll probably only pay 4.99 or 5.99 per figure, at most!

Hang in there! Don't turn to online scalpers!

I have never had any trouble with them...however they are usually my last resort.

brentfett
06-11-2002, 04:03 PM
The Wal-Marts in my area have been CRAWLING with the whole Orn Free Ta wave for the past week or so.

evenflow
06-11-2002, 04:04 PM
I just found the bespin wave, i would kill for anything.

cptpinkerton
06-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Patience.

Jargo
06-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Gosh, golly, jeepers! I just found Endor rebel and Orn free taa here in jolly old Blighty, Went out looking for Djas Puhr and found this spiffing little fellow in his dressing robe and night shirt by the looks of it, that's decadence for you that is! Fat faced rebel soldier is quite the action man isn't he? Much better than I first thought although I'm going to have to decapitate him so I don't have to stare at the guy who makes the toys sculpts every day when I waken. I shall replace his head with something more suitable, something more grisly like the real Endor rebel shown on the packaging. The Endor rebel is an imposter!

Back to Orn Free Taa, he has the dinkiest little feet under his robe. I would have thought a civillised senator would wear shoes or boots but Orn seems to prefer to go barefoot which further adds to the just out of bed idea for his costume. How queer!! :confused:

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 04:22 PM
He's the "Walter Hudson" of the STAR WARS Universe! "Ahhh warsh mahself with a stick..."

I got my Orn Free Taa and his right elbow peg is loose. Bummer. :(

Sidiously Darth
06-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Don't go looking for them at the Apopka, Fl Supercenter. I saw a guy there last night buying all they had, about 5 or 6. Scalpers strike again!

Jedi Juice
06-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Last weekend I went on a new figure hunt and I found many cases of wave 4 figures at two of the walmarts. They had at least 5 or 6 of the OFT's. Your area should be getting shipments of the newer figures, though, since the south is starting to get figures.

saladin
06-11-2002, 06:21 PM
well i saw Orn at WM like 3 or 4 weeks ago but not since, and now my my WM dosn't restock, but My KB said they will fri.

AT-AT Man
06-11-2002, 07:33 PM
i haven't found him yet, the way i'm getting him is through a trade, same with any new wave. i found yoda and anakin only on the 23rd, but now i have to buy a second of each of them, because they broke, and i lost yodas in the movie theater. wellwhatever.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-11-2002, 07:41 PM
I ordered an Orn Free Taa along with a Massiff and the new Endor Rebel Soldier from thetoyshop.com. If you hurry you might still be able to get him and the ERS, the Massiff is sold out.

Wonder when they'll get new stock in, a lot of the AOTC items have been out for over 4 weeks.

Oh well, at least i am getting these!!!

:D

Jedi_Rainman
06-11-2002, 11:47 PM
There are atleast 10 Orn Free Ta Figures at all the WM's I have been too!

Fulit
06-11-2002, 11:52 PM
I'm sure I'll see him on the pegs just as soon as I:

a. make a deal/trade w/ someone from these boards
or
b. pay way too much to some place like Toymaniacs

Ah, I 'm not too upset about it, but it's nice to vent. I mean, you ever just visit the same friggin places for, like 4 weeks, and it doesn't seem like the stock ever moves or changes? I'm sure you do. Anyway, thanks guys, for the reports and such. HH to all!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-11-2002, 11:54 PM
I found a bunch of Orn Free Tas at a local KB Toys.

RAVAZ
06-12-2002, 12:50 AM
I seen several Orn Free Tas at the KB around here. But none at Target or TRU and another local KB. I thought it was weird. I better pick one up next time I visit that other KB store.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 07:08 AM
I just received the items i ordered! Only took thetoyshop.com three days to send them! That IS fast!!!

Orn looks really detailed, but he isn't perfect. His likeness is off. The colours or should i say colour on his head is wrong, it should be dark blue and light blue, but they only put dark on him. Secondly, his eyes are normal when they should be very close to each other and be slightly tilted. Last but not least, his face is the same "fatness", when his chin should have been fatter. overall a very nice figure, but no cigar 8/10.

The Endor Rebel Soldier however, is superb! The likenss is really good and the accessories are very sweet. Only complaint is the lack of articulation on this fig. 9/10.

The Massiff with GeoJoe looks great and the paint deco is also very good, but it's a bit too shiny on the Geo and a bit too dull on the Massiff. The accessories (chain and harness) looks great and fits great. The articulation on this (or should i say these?) figs suck. The Geo has the normal points while the Massiff can only move his lower jaw. Hmmm... a soundchip or a sonic blaster for the Geo would've been nice to compensate for this. 6-7/10.

:)

sunblind
06-12-2002, 01:29 PM
No Massiff, Orn, Endor, or any new figures at WM. I gave up hunting a few days ago...I hope I didn't give up to soon...(but I kept going every lunch hour to see any new carded fig's but nothing)...day after day after day.....with my luck they were out the next day. :(