PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the Commtech Stormtrooper

Taichi
06-11-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm somewhat disappointed in this figure......

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it seems to me, that there are still some problems with it....

first, the posability......now you purists are gonna say "WHAT!?!?"

but, hear me out first.....

when I heard about a multiposable stormtrooper, I was elated.....

I was hoping it could do ANYTHING I wanted it to do......however, with the limited range of posability it DOES have, it can't do much

to be honest, except for the shoulder articulation, I think my red Clonetrooper is a better figure......

let's do a breakdown:

Commtrooper: Balljointed neck, balljointed shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel waist, swivel hips, hinge knees.....

Clonetrooper: Swivel neck, swivel shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel wrists, swivel waist, swivel hips, swivel knees, hinge knees......

if the clonetrooper had had ankle articulation, it would be the best army builder ever made......

the commtrooper can't even hold a gun worth squat........the only thing it does have going for it (Besides the balljointed shoulders) is the accuracy of the sculpt......

sure the figure LOOKS nice, but so does the POTJ Sandtrooper......and I think I like it more too.......

BillyJAck
06-11-2002, 01:08 PM
I just got mine today in the mail and opened it. Very nice looking on my shelf. But your right it can't hold the gun it comes with. it should have also included a small gun. But i can't complain cause he looks great.

icatch9
06-11-2002, 01:17 PM
Compairring the CT Stormie to the Cloney is not very fair. The Cloney is an improvement on the CT Stormie. They saw what they did on that and tried to improve on it. As far as 3 3/4" figures go, both are as articulated as they come. No other action figure that size can compete. There is only so much you can do with 3 3/4" of plastic.

stormie
06-11-2002, 01:32 PM
I still prefer the Commtech Stormie over the Clone Trooper. Though the latter may have more articulation, it lacks a ball-jointed neck, and can only be posed in an action stance.

JediTricks
06-12-2002, 12:02 AM
IMO, the red clone trooper has terrible articulation at the shoulders, neck, and especially hips. That hip articulation is RIDICULOUSLY limited. I think the CTC Stormtrooper could use the Red Clone's articulated wrists and maybe the rotating knees.

Without wrist articulation, I think the CTC stormtrooper is left somewhat weakend, but he's way better in my book than Red Clone.

187-Maul
06-12-2002, 09:21 AM
I don't have the red clonetrooper yet so I can't comment on him
but you're right about the posability of the stormie, he can't hold a gun or rifle properly (at least not in a shooting pose) but the knee articulation can get him to stand in a bit more "walking" pose
the balljointed neck is a great addition to the figure but some wrist-joints would've been nice too

sideswipe1984
06-12-2002, 01:27 PM
I think both figures have their pros and cons. Ultimately neither are perfect, but both are amongst the best of the modern era. If you are waiting for a figure without any issues....you may be waiting a while.

Taichi
06-12-2002, 06:54 PM
I'm not saying I hate the figure, but the anticipation and hype surrounding it made me kinda disappointed.....

the sculpt is perfect however, and it is a great Army Builder......

I even like the blast mark......rub him with an ice cube, do the patented Stormie Scream and have loads of dead Stormie fun!!!

TIE Pilot
06-14-2002, 06:18 PM
The CT Stormie is an ~awesome~ figure. But even the best figures have at least one small "flaw". For instance, the CTS has bendable knees, and yet he can't kneel.

It's kinda like Jedi figures who have swivel elbows and ~still~ can't hold their lightsabres with two hands (like the AOTC Saesee Tinn and Plo Koon).

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I totally forgot about that! They should be able to kneel. What a weird thing that they would design a "super articulated" figure and miss such common things as articulated wrists and knees that go far back enough to allow kneeling poses.

QLD
06-15-2002, 01:10 PM
It could have been better. But they all could be better.

Except Lando, he is always perfect.

I love the commtech stormies. I just added 20 more to my collection. :D

Dark Knight
06-15-2002, 05:54 PM
If mine ever get here I will leave comments.