PDA

View Full Version : Downsizing

TeeEye7
09-24-2001, 07:17 AM
GNT's threads on pegwarmers in the various toy sections above has me wondering:

How much downsizing of SW product area has occurred in the local stores you frequent?

In my area, TRU has only 4 pegs dedicated to POTJ figures. Target has about 6 pegs for POTJ. WalMar about the same as Target. KayBee has 2 pegs! It's so bad that if you blink as you walk by, you'll miss what's there.

It's a drought here. How about you? :confused:

JediTricks
09-24-2001, 10:19 AM
Targets usually have many empty SW pegs, TRU has like 2 or 3, almost all close-out, and Wal-mart is pretty well-stocked... IF you can find the dang figures!

ThomasLane
09-24-2001, 12:12 PM
Unless the WM near me has moved their SW figs to the tire center, they've got no SW whatsoever. Target has about 6 pegs of army-builder wave. KB has lots of Chocobi-Wan-Kenobi, Oldi-Wan-Kenobi, break-apart Maul, and Mech-Ani-ch. TRU has about 8 pegs of the Aurra Sing wave and only 2 or 3 pegs of Mon Mothma left. K-Mart has lots of army builders. I wouldn't say it's been a drought here, since most of the stores have non-peg warmers, but it's tough finding anything new.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Local Targets have about 8 pegs. Can't complain there except for the fact they haven't had anything worth buying in the last couple of months.

K-mart: 6 pegs. Not fully stocked, but found a lot of HTF stuff there.

Wal-Mart: The one in my hometown went from 8 to 4 pegs, and now its down to 1 and there are just three Bespin Escape Leias left :( The other Wal-Mart stores in the area have about 6.

TRU: 3 pegs, but only 2 ever seem to be filled. Once all the Ep1 clears I am sure there will be more.

KB: Had about 4 pegs until it got rid of the Ketwol wave. It has since expanded to 8 ever since they got the Dagobah Vader for $2.99.

GNT
09-26-2001, 02:16 AM
My TRU has at least at least 20 pegs full of POTJ figures (first wave etc)

Kmart has about 20 pegs full of figures

Big W has 1 row of figures (about 3 figures in total)