PDA

View Full Version : KEBco Announces next wave of figures for Late JULY!!!

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Collection One - 6 new figures
Padme Amidala (Pilot)
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
Jango Fett (Slave 1 Pilot)
Destroyer Droid
Clonetrooper Pilot

Collection Two - 6 new figures
Ki Adi Mundi
Ephant Mon
Teemto Pegallies (E1 Podracer)
Watto
Lott Dodd
Tusken Raider w/Massif

I just got their latest newsletter. I thought I'd pass the info on to anyone who was interested!

Jonna
06-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Would someone tell me why the HELL we need another Jango when so many other figures go unmade???

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Don't ask me... I haven't a clue. How about those other figures. I'm pretty happy with THOSE! :happy:

Jonna
06-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Well ya, I can't wait for Ephant Mon, Clonetrooper Pilot, and Tusken Raider w/Massif (I sure hope it has decapatation action).

Beast
06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Would someone tell me why the HELL we need another Jango when so many other figures go unmade???
Because we need a version of him, with his Slave 1 pilot headset on. This is a movie year, and Jango is a popular charecter with the kiddies, so don't let it bother you. Atleast we are getting all those other figures, so one more Jango isn't going to kill anyone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

leenovak
06-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Darth Maul again?

I admit he was cool, but enough already! What variation is this? The "Sitting on the can reading a paper" Maul?

Jonna
06-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by leenovak
Darth Maul again?

I admit he was cool, but enough already! What variation is this? The "Sitting on the can reading a paper" Maul?

Now that is one I would like to see.:stupid:

ILvNataliePortman
06-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Ooh, I've been waiting for that one! Finally...... :cool:

Beast
06-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Darth Maul again?
It's another E1 Concept Maul. This one is nicknamed, Sith Training. Which is pretty silly, since the last one was pretty much his apprentice training outfit, that's why he had the padded armor. :crazed: :p He does come with a nifty Sith Probe Droid though, so it's somthing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stormie
06-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Darth Maul again?

Yea, let's not try to ponder what the "action feature" would be for this one! :D

Jonna
06-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Would it be called "Pull my finger"?

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Well... You squeeze Dooku's legs together to get him to maul people. Perhaps you spread Maul's legs apart to get him to make Dookie on people! :crazed:

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 04:01 PM
I'll be getting the Tusken Raider and Ephant Mon. I'll consider getting 2 of each, especially the Tusken raider. I might want to build a Tusken Raider hunting party.

Is Jango Fett going to be the "Darth Maul" of Episode 2?

And is it just me or does that new Darth Maul look kinda like The Joker a little? He definatly has a comic book pose.

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Is Jango Fett going to be the "Darth Maul" of Episode 2?

I hope so. Out of all the versions Maul that's been released, you can almost customize a perfect, ultimate Darth Maul. It's the least we can ask for Jango, cuz Hasbro always does something to ruin a figure...

Beast
06-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Atleast unlike Darth Maul, Jango Fett does change clothes in the movie, and has 2 different backpacks and a few other things to justify a re-sculpt or two. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Well since the Jango is coming out earlier than I thought I guess I can return that extra Kamino Escape one I got since I haven't opened it. :)

Is it just me, or does the Maul really seem like the Deluxe Maul? Look at the picture at Amazon and compare to a packaged Deluxe version, either it's just my imagination or something but their poses look kinda alike I think.

Anyone else think the Destroyer Droid has the possibility of being the one from the Jar-Jar vs. Droideka 2-pack? They reused the Qui-Gon, why not the Droideka? IIRC, it was a new sculpt and more accurate than the basic Droideka figures.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Ugh, another Jango. It's June and we already have 4 Jango figs!!! This is even worse than the Maul-era! Coulden't they just add a Jango Slave I headset to that Arena Conflict accessory set that Hasbro is going to release later this year?

:(

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 07:32 PM
I dunno, at least they're evenly themed:

Kamino Escape and Preview Jangos are "Kamino" Jangos.
Final Battle and Deluxe are "Geonosis" Jangos.
Pilot Jango is "Slave 1" Jango.
:happy:

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-11-2002, 07:45 PM
all we need is a jango without armor (not the crapy delux one) and then clones of jango at like 3 ages!

sideswipe1984
06-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Collection ONE Anakin? I thought he was supposed to be Collection two? So I guess this means another button sticking out of his rectum for the oh-so-realistic and cherished "slashing lightsaber attack". Come on Hasbro, can we have a main character w/o this action feature crap? Please? Anyone?

Beast
06-11-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by sideswipe1984
Collection ONE Anakin? I thought he was supposed to be Collection two? So I guess this means another button sticking out of his rectum for the oh-so-realistic and cherished "slashing lightsaber attack". Come on Hasbro, can we have a main character w/o this action feature crap? Please? Anyone?
Not every collection 1 figure has had buttons. I think it's a little early to start panicing that they would include an action feature when we have only seen 1 picture of the figure so far. For your information, the Padme: Pilot figure has no gimmicks, and is a Collection 1 figure. :p :)

MTFBYW and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sideswipe1984
06-11-2002, 08:35 PM
True, but the 'main' jedi that have been in collection one have had lame 'slashing attack' features. And of the pictures we HAVE seen of Anakin TA, none have been of the backside. Sorry but that smacks of HD Anakin too much for my tastes. And besides, what action feature (a staple of collection 1 figs) could he possibly have that wouldn't involve some slashing attack (whether it involved squeezing his legs together, or pressing an obtrusive button)?

Forhekset
06-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, I'll personally be buying nearly all those figs, especially Pilot Jango...hopefully he can sit in the Slave I. I'd also like a Pilot Boba, and a "Kamino Apartment" Jango. The Kamino Escape Jango is great for a helmeted Jango firing his pistols (plus he has working holsters), but we really do need another one with the pilot headset stuff on, plus a plainclothes Jango. Stop griping about Jango! :D

Darth Maul on the other hand...I could go the rest of my collecting days without another Darth Maul figure. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas now.

saladin
06-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Ok i'll be getting the Ki-Adi, the Clone Pilot, D Droid, Annd maybe Watto and Padme.

2-1B
06-12-2002, 01:34 AM
Padme, Ani, and Ephant are the ones on my "to buy" list.

I'm waiting for a Jango Fett in his light cotton shirt from his apartment.
(sorry, just guessing on the cotton part - I'm not a fashion junkie :D )

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 01:39 AM
Jango loves cotton-The fabric of our lives!!

metaljedi
06-12-2002, 03:41 AM
I'll get them all except for the "Sith Training" Darth Maul, all that training he's done really didnt get him far did it??

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 05:45 AM
Well, he did kill Qui-Gon and after that....he split.

(lame joke i know)

:D

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Tusken Raider w/Massif

I cant seem to find any hint of this fig anywhere.
Does this mean that Hasbro has/is stopping the Geonosian w/Massif.

Just wondering as cut scene can now seem like a mistake if they will pull the Geonosian. If so should we all rush out and buy a Geonosian?

Also does anyone know if the Tusken is a resculpt or a re-pack as I cant seem to find pics anywhere and there is pics of almost all others.

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Well, he did kill Qui-Gon and after that....he split.

(lame joke i know)

:D

Heh heh. :)

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by lunchymeatball
[B]I cant seem to find any hint of this fig anywhere.
Does this mean that Hasbro has/is stopping the Geonosian w/Massif.B]

No, it does not mean that. So far Hasbro has said NOTHING on stopping the Geonosian Warrior with Massiff from shipping in later assortments just because of the Tusken Raider one. Theres really no reason too, considering the only thing that's the same with them is the Massiff, which I guess might have a chance of being re-posed to be a new version.

Jaina Solo
06-12-2002, 03:46 PM
I could gripe forever about the fact that we're getting YET ANOTHER Darth Maul...but just yesterday at the store I heard a kid saying "I don't want Darth Vader, I want Darth Maul". So maybe Hasbro knows what they're doing.

*pause*

Yeah. Right. ;)

Beast
06-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jaina Solo
I could gripe forever about the fact that we're getting YET ANOTHER Darth Maul...but just yesterday at the store I heard a kid saying "I don't want Darth Vader, I want Darth Maul". So maybe Hasbro knows what they're doing. *pause* Yeah. Right. ;)
I hope you set that young man straight, Jaina. Darth Maul isn't Sith enough to carry Darth Vader's bags. That's why we definatly have to see Anakin/Vader kicking some rear in E3, so kids will appreciate him again. Maul was a one trick pony. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaina Solo
06-12-2002, 04:11 PM
*lol* One trick pony- that's really good. :) Yeah, Vader just gets no respect anymore. It's sad. And I agree- Maul isn't Sith enough to carry Vader's bags. After all, Obi-Wan killed Maul, but who killed Obi-Wan? :)

Kids today. Dunno what to do with them sometimes.

brentfett
06-12-2002, 04:49 PM
Isn't it weird we have not seen many pics of these figures yet? Usually Sir Steve's obtains pictures of new figures months before they are released.

Beast
06-12-2002, 04:56 PM
It's not really weird at all, Hasbro is cracking down and getting very good at keeping things under wraps now. Heck, we haven't even seen the Deluxe Yoda yet, and he comes out in July. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Can you pre order any of these on kebco? I wonder if Ephant Mon will be a pegwarmer like all the other fan choice figures are? I use to see amanamans all the time. I still see at least 30 duros at walmart... I wonder what this Jango pilot looks like? hmmm anyone address the questions i asked....are we going to see 5 to a case ephant mon's in 5 assortments..i don't think kids will buy him but i will!

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I hope you set that young man straight, Jaina. Darth Maul isn't Sith enough to carry Darth Vader's bags. That's why we definatly have to see Anakin/Vader kicking some rear in E3, so kids will appreciate him again. Maul was a one trick pony. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maul had a double bladed lightsaber and yet he was a one hit wonder with Qui-Gon. :rolleyes:

Forget the Vader and Maul, they would've been gimmicky anyways, give him a Jedi like Plo Koon and show them that the Dark Side leads to being more machine than figure. ;)

JEDIpartner
06-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
Can you pre order any of these on kebco?

Quite possibly... go ask Scott at KEBco. He's really awesome. They HAVE to be one of the best if not THE best SW toy e-tailer out there! :happy:

CrossWizard
06-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Hey JediPartner, how long has it taken for you to recieve Pre-Orders, like if the Obi Wan Pilot was supposed to start shipping on June 10th, when should I expect it?

JEDIpartner
06-13-2002, 10:16 AM
I haven't gotten mine yet. I just received my Orn Free Taa wave/Deluxe Anakin & Nexu packs last week while I was on vacation. I'm guessing that we should be seeing these shipping to us in about 10 days or so...

Remember... Hasblah has to get the orders to KEBco before they can fill our boxes. That process can be long as Hasblah wants it to be as they have different fill priorities. KEBco has been pretty good about sorting through Hasblah's boxes to get our orders together in about a week. And remember also... A "week" is Monday through Friday in shipping terms as well. So when they say "7 days" they mean if it ships on Monday it will probably arrive a week later on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

CrossWizard
06-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Cool, thanks, I ordered 2 of them from Kebco and a 3rd one from Amazon just to customize and use the cloak since it was $5.99.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2002, 05:32 PM
My guts tell me the new Massiff set will just be a re-issued POTJ Tusken with weapons and a bone for the foul creature (no harness).

:(

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 08:05 AM
I hope this Tusken has a Gaffi Stick. I don't think the POTJ version would be able to hold it since it was sculpted to hold the rifle.

Crosswizard... don't forget the new "Accessory Packs" with the figures will have a Jedi Cloak packed in with the Arena Battle set.

CrossWizard
06-17-2002, 09:07 AM
Does the phrase "Target Exclusive" mean something? ;)

sadly all the Targets in my area have been replaced by Walmarts, so no accessory packs from me unless I get them from ....ugh....*shudders* Evilbay :eek:

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Boy, that Tusken w/ Massiff sure would suck if it were the POTJ Tusken plus the same old Saga Massiff....Hasbro can at least put in one new figure. :)

CrossWizard, I have a couple of Super Targets in my area that I go to all the time. I can pick you up some accessory sets when they come out, if you want.

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 09:34 AM
We have no Super Targets here in the Cleveland area. Those stores would rock since I like shopping at Target better than at W*M (disorganised mess that place is!).

JEDIpartner
07-02-2002, 02:07 PM
281 Anakin Tatooine
284 Clone Trooper Pilot
280 Darth Maul Sith
275 Deluxe C3PO
276 Deluxe Yoda
283 Destroyer Droid
287 E1 Podracer (Teemto)
286 Ephant Mon
282 Jango Fett Pilot
285 Ki Adi Mundi
289 Lott Dodd
279 Padme' Pilot

DarthJdog
07-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I'll get them all.. Im a completist. Plus a variation collector. Its a lot of money but its a cool hobby :)

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 02:48 PM
That's a nice list, JEDIpartnr. I think the only figure I'll be passing on is the Maul....the rest all sound like winners to me. :happy:

mylow thehutt
07-03-2002, 01:18 PM
I heard Jango will come with his jet packs,one from kamino and the one from the arena is this true?