PDA

View Full Version : Is Amidala a Sith?

womprat
06-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Word is Episode 3 will hold a shocking revalation on the level of Vader's in ESB. I have looked for a possible cannidate. Obi-Wan and Yoda are out, as we know the direction that they take. Mace Windu would be shocking but not shocking enough. That left me with Amidala.

Let us consider a few things:
1) Amidala obviously seduces Anakin, she practically toys with him. Think sexy dress + raging fire. Seduction is a trait of the dark side.
2) She marries Anakin, knowing well that ths is an extreme violation and betryal of Jedi code, forcing Anakin into a life of deception. Deception is a trait of the dark side.
3) Remember Obi-Wan's words, "Never trust a senator." In a well written story this could be an excellent bit of foreshadowing.
4) In EP1 many moviegoers were bothered that the Jedi did not sense that Amidala was posing as one of her handmaidens. To quote Yoda, "Clouded, difficult to see the dark side is." She used deception (unseen to the Jedi), again, a trait of the dark side.
5) Remember in EP1 it was Amidala who put forth the motion that placed Palpatine in power.
6) Is it only coincidence that Palpatine was a senator from Naboo?

Many would argue that Leia remembers her mother, "She was very beautiful and sad." She remembers what she 'believed' to be her mother. Could be Bail Organa's wife or one of Amidala's handmaidens. Others would argue, "Sith, one master, one apprentice." Palpatine could make several apprentices believe that they each were the only one, being that they are not openly active.

Something to ponder...

MikeAndTheBots
06-11-2002, 05:22 PM
But wouldn't Obi-Wan or Yoda mentioned that she was evil after he finds out Vader's his dad? Seems logical but Yoda and Obi-Wan have a weird sense of what is logical.

saladin
06-11-2002, 06:50 PM
which also coudld explain Sifo-dias ince if palpy broke rules he could of had him as one also.

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, there may be too much reliance on the seduction thing in your theory but I can sense some sort of betrayal coming from Padme'. What's been hinted at is her political belief in democracy opposed to Anakin's naiveté. Already they're at odds on that subject...

jawaboy
06-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Womprat, you obviously don't know women that well. I think by your standars all women are Sith lords. Why, I don't know any girl that hasn't had those traits at least ONCE A MONTH!

BillyJAck
06-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Nice theory but i doubt it since i heard somewhere that Amidala will be filming scenes to be put into rotj ae in 2007. also if she was a sith with palpy then why would the twins go into hiding? Did Yoda and Obi Wan take them away?

derek
06-12-2002, 10:13 AM
1. i don't think she seduced him. she actually was doing everything to avoid the relationship.

2.we don't yet know if anakin and padme will keep their marriage a secret. she didn't force anakin to do anything.

3.that's just a jab at politicians in general.

4. qui-gon knew all along padme was the queen. only anakin and obi-wan were fooled.

5. she was being played by palpatine, just like everyone else in the PT.

6.yes

why do you think there will be some shocking revelation in the next film? nothing in the previous storyline's has suggested this. unless some may be suprised that sideous is palpatine.:)

Darth Nihilus
06-12-2002, 10:19 AM
IIRC Lucas remarks that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon both knew about Padme/Sabe's deception, according to him the look they threw each other at the Gungan meeting place was a supposed to be a knowing one. Unfortunately it looked like a knowing look only to George Lucas.

icatch9
06-12-2002, 10:23 AM
The reason why there are only two is becasue if there were any more they would try to overtake each other. This is stated in the novelization of TPM. Your story is interesting, but to flawed.

I know what it's like to come up with these ideas that are flawed. Befor AOTC I thought Shmi would be a Tuskin Raider, and that Yoda ordered Aniken to be assisnated. Those didn't happen of course, but I thought they could have.

An amazing ("I am your Father") moment would be cool. Chances are it has something to do with the conception of Aniken. Probally the fact that the Emporer willed the force to create such a being.

Don't take my work for it, I thought Shmi was going to be a Tuskin Raider :)

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
IIRC Lucas remarks that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon both knew about Padme/Sabe's deception, according to him the look they threw each other at the Gungan meeting place was a supposed to be a knowing one. Unfortunately it looked like a knowing look only to George Lucas.

I thought the look was one of "Well she slipped that one past us old chap" not at all a knowing look from either Jedi
:confused:

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 10:54 AM

No, that's the first rule when you've got people traveling with you and you don't tell them something about another person traveling with you: Clam up and act dumb! ;)

BillyJAck
06-12-2002, 03:16 PM
GL doesn't have the guts to pull anything like this off. But it would be extremely cool. Everyone would be so shocked. But I was thinking. If you theory was true then it would be the perfect thing to make anakin turn to the darkside. Maybe Ben finds out and tells anakin she must be destroyed but anakin defends her and this would make him turn against the jedi and become a sith himself since they want to kill the love of his life.

billy

Darth Nihilus
06-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by lunchymeatball
I thought the look was one of "Well she slipped that one past us old chap" not at all a knowing look from either Jedi
:confused:

I'm just referencing from the TPM commentary. It's never struck me as a 'knowing' look either.

keith koth
06-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Remember in TPM when Qui-Gon decides to wager a bet on the pod races? Padme (aka Queen Amidala) says something along the lines of “The queen would not approve of this” and Qui-Gon replies “The Queen does not have to know”. To which she responds “Well, I do not approve”.

It sounds to me like Qui-Gon didn’t have the first clue that Padme was actually the Queen. Which would go right in line with the odd, supprised "unknowing" look between Obi and Qui when she revealed her true identity.

BillyJAck
06-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Like I said before I think your theory is extremely cool. I keep thinking of it. GL will never ever ever do this i think or it has never even entered his mind. But It would be great if Obi Wan killed Padme to get rid of a sith then took her kids and Anakin tries to kill Obi and this is one of the things that make him turn and hate the Jedi...

billy

2-1B
06-14-2002, 01:31 AM

And also to me, since I thought it was a pretty obvious "knowing look" -- as obvious as Palpatine is Sidious.

womprat
06-14-2002, 09:41 AM
First, I would like to thank eveyone who responded to my post. For any theory to have value it must be challenged:

* MikeAndTheBots (post 2): Imagine knowing that your father is Sith and then learning that your mother was as well. Talk about self-esteem issues! Obi-Wan & Yoda never so much as mention Luke's mom - Why? Perhaps Obi has to kill her - don't think that would be something he would want to try & explain (look for my upcoming post 'Anakin's physical trans to Vader' for more on this).

* BillyJAck (post 6): If Amidala is Sith, I'm sure Obi & Yoda would want to keep the children from being raised as Sith, as these children may be their only hope.

* icatch9 (post 9): They could only try to overtake one another if they were aware of one another. What would stop Palpatine from deceiving his apprentice(s)? Since the master controls the actions of his apprentice (giving him/her assignments), he could effectively keep multiple apprentices from crossing paths (why not, he controls the Jedi & they are none the wiser). This would give him more agents to do his bidding without compromising each apprentice's belief that they were the only one. This would prevent in-fighting. I am afraid that my theory is not flawed on your point. My flaw lies with...

* BillyJAck (post 12): "George Lucas doesn't have the guts to pull anything like this off." If Lucas would drop the P.C. B.S., stop letting his kids make decisions regarding these films, & concentrate on maintaining credibility we might actually see something like this. But I digress, believe the hype: expect to be disappointed.

womprat
06-14-2002, 10:33 AM
* derek (post 7):
1) Not necessarily, a woman sometimes will say no to a man's advances in order to initiate the 'chase' (to determine if you're man enough to pursue what you want - instead of giving up like a wus). Whn someone is told that they cannot have that which they want, it tends to make them want it more. I'm curious how you can see a woman kissing a man, telling him "no", then upping the romance/passion level at every turn, wearing a dress that screams "DO ME!" & kissing him again as 'avoiding the relationship'? Did you see the same movie as the rest of us? She led him around like a puppy after a doggie treat. Best part is, she put up the appearance of avoiding it, while luring him deeper in. She made him feel like he was controlling the situation. Derek, I am afraid that you have a great deal to learn about the subtle art of seduction.

2)True, we don't know if they keep their marriage a secret. Amidala points out that they would be living a lie only after bringing his desire to a rapid boil. It is much like placing a piece of cheesecake in front of a starving diabetic & saying, "It's bad for you, may even kill you." Yeah whatever, give me a fork! You are correct, she didn't force him to do anything. The devil doesn't force one to sin, he entices one to sin.

3) ...& Obi's quote, "I think you're going to be the death of me." was ONLY a jab at Anakin's driving? There are certain lines of dialogue that just reek with the pungent aroma of foreshadowing. "Never trust a senator (refering to Amidala - that IS who they are talking about) is one of those lines. Check your sniffer.

4) Yes, Lucas has remarked that Qui-Gon knew of Amidala's deception (Lucas has lied/changed his mind before), but that 'fact(?)' is not clear IN THE FILM. Amidala: The Queen would not approve., Qui-Gon: The Queen does not have to know. I think this one could go either way.

5) Maybe, & maybe she is helping Palpatine to play everyone else. Don't forget she was the one who initiated the motion that put Palpatine into power. Just because it appeared to be an innocent move on he part, does not mean that it was. It could have been a very carefully calculated move.

6) Amidala & Palpatine being from the same planet seems too coincidental for it to not be purposeful. I sense more going on between them then what we have seen.

- Why do I think that there will be a shocking revelation in the next film? Lucas has stated that there will be a plot twist along the lines of Vader's in ESB. I also have other reasons for this that I will delve into in my upcoming post 'Anakin's physical trans into Vader'.

"SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE."

womprat
06-14-2002, 11:04 AM
This of course is not solid evidence, but makes me all the more suspicious. Many designs for AOTC came from unused designs for TPM (Super Battle Droids & Geonosians to name a few). I had also heard that Lucas had solicited designs for EP3 during the designing of AOTC... Turn to pages 110 thru 116 in 'The Art Of STAR WARS Episode II Attack Of The Clones. There is heavy emphasis on female (mostly human) Sith lords. Note the image on page 110 with description on page 111 "...the artist pictured Padme as a dark queen"

Not solid, but I think it definitely raises the suspicion level!?

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Padme' isn't a Sith chick, the whole Sith chick seduction thing is an overdeveloped rumor spread by overzealous fanboys anyway. I’m sure we’ll se how Obi-Wan’s choice of words when he said "seduced by the Dark Side" will play into his point-of-view.

She is however, the bad mother. A couple years ago before TMP, GL said that the OT was about the good father and the bad father (Obi-Wan and Vader). He said in that interview that he has to make the prequels because the story of the good mother and the bad mother has not been told yet. Something to that effect.

Shimi has established herself as the good mother, because whatever she may have done in the past she has corrected by raising Anakin to be a good boy. Padme' counters Shimi's redemption by defying taboo and marrying a Jedi. And we all know at some point this will lead Anakin to the Dark Side....

I don't know but this whole saga's been awfully feminized....I wish GL would have adopted two boys instead of two girls...

chewie
06-20-2002, 01:52 AM
The big shockers of this movie (well really only shockers to people who haven't seen the original trilogy), will be the incredible down-note the movie ends on. What other film ever made will have the bad guys taking over the universe, killing most of the good guys off by the end of the film, and have the main character turn into the main villian? There's going to be lots of big, shocking moments, but nothing that people aren't expecting.

scruffziller
06-26-2002, 06:00 PM
Perhaps it could be Qui-Gonn after all. In any form they choose to have him as, clone, ghost, or didn't really die. Neeson is cast for EPS3. There is always been specualtion he was in fact a dark Jedi and that is why he pushed to have Anikin trained. That seems more logical than Amidala. Or it could be JarJar he did vote in Ol' Palpy.

jonboy
06-26-2002, 06:55 PM
You guys have a lot of interesting ideas. I think about the characters differently now that I have been reading all of these EIII predictions.

corporal AMF
06-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Nobody had thought about a relationship between Amidala and Palpy?
1-Same planet
2-Old man, young woman ( Palpy have no childs)
3-Maybe she is her daughter and has force powers....!
4-Relation of Dooku and Qui-Gon
5-QuiGon efforts to train Anakin
6-Anakin having no father

Ben Kenobi : Don't Underestimate the powers of the Emperor.....

HMMM could be the twist we're all waiting GL to make........possible

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Darth Amidala? I don't think so.
(I know you change names when you become a Sith, but oh well . . . )
It's just, well, nonsensical!

hango fett
07-01-2002, 09:35 AM
i say we just wait 3 years to find out... ;)
hango

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-06-2002, 04:27 PM
thats crazy padme aint a sith that just throw off everything making her a sith what they can change darth vader to darth amidala?no way their can only be sith think about it she isnt a sith and also she was the one trying to stop the realationship duh but then they both give in to their love...see she aint a sith people are thinking crazy

Toad
07-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Interesting ideas, but I hope this certainly does not happen. I personally think it's weak storytelling. It makes no sense to me at all, either. Two pretty good points for me! ;)

I'm sure the "shocker" will be Palpatine IS Sidious!! OMG!!!

DarthSetnom
07-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Just how lame would it be????? I mean the whole idea of both parents being Sith warriors is absolutely ridiculous. Always two.

I think we all need to stop trying to turn everyone into a Sith... MAce Windu a Sith. Amidala a Sith... Eeth Koth a sith... I remember someone even said Ki Adi Mundi was going to be an evil warrior. who's next, Yoda? Jar Jar Binks?

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 02:20 AM
Women are hot when they're evil