PDA

View Full Version : Next Week'sTarget Ad

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-11-2002, 09:26 PM
BUY YOUR BASIC FIGURES THERE WHILE YOU STILL CAN (if you haven't already or choose to)! Basic figures are going up to $5.44!

Others advertized-

Deluxe Action Figures- $7.44
Jango Fett's Target game- $12.44
Jango Fett's Slave I- $19.44
AOTC CCG Booster packs- $1

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Thanx for the heads up!

cptpinkerton
06-11-2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, sweet Target.
At least the Slave I price is slipping again. But I, and everyone else could probably do without the re-price-hike on the basic figures.

figrin bran
06-11-2002, 09:58 PM
i'm sure that we all know this but tru and some other stores can do price matches so use the ad to your advantage :)

Lord Tenebrous
06-11-2002, 10:02 PM
It's still a good price, and I'd much rather give Target the business - they don't get the Walmart type of scum.

Jedi Juice
06-11-2002, 11:16 PM
The Targets over here aren't open yet, but I think in July sometime. That should be a good place to find new figs since it hasn't opened yet.

Sidiously Darth
06-12-2002, 12:18 AM
LT, a little rough on WM you are. Targets get jerks and scalper types just like WM.

saladin
06-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Down he WM is like really bad, so i wouldn't go so often if it wasn't 2 feet away, whille Target is like a few miles and i can't walk that far, but my TRU is right next to MY WM so i go there alot to the people are real nice.

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 08:34 AM
My problem with the Wal-Marts in my area is that they're white trash magnets. Target doesn't seem to get quite as many lowlifes shopping there, so that's why I prefer Target as well.

Maybe I'll finally buy a Slave I, now that the price is down to $20....

Mandalorian Candidat
06-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
My problem with the Wal-Marts in my area is that they're white trash magnets.

Uhh, sorry. I guess I'll either stay away or shave off my mullet, change my NASCAR T-shirt, and move out of the trailer park. ;)

All right! The booster packs are going down to $1. I guess I'll stock up. That's what...20 cents a card, I think that's the best price yet!

Now what's up with them lowering the price on basic figs., then advertising a higher price? Isn't that kind of...what's the word I'm looking for?...stupid?

Jonna
06-12-2002, 11:51 AM
My problem with the Wal-Marts in my area is that they're white trash magnets.

Makes sense to me. Get all of your SW stuff at Target and pay more. The enonomy needs your extra money.:rolleyes:

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

Makes sense to me. Get all of your SW stuff at Target and pay more. The enonomy needs your extra money.:rolleyes:

Yeah, gee whiz, Wal-Mart was at $5.88 for figs, Target had them for $5.99. I sure did lose out by not shopping at Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

Are you one of those people who drives a little further just to save 2 cents per gallon for gasoline, even though you're spending more gas just to drive to the slightly cheaper gas station? ;)

Jonna
06-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Wal-marts by me have figures for $4.77 ;P

Hey don't take any of this personally. It's just a joke on my part; I like to mess with people and hopefully most know that. Just like I don't take personally that you may be calling some of us Wal-mart goers white trash. It's all good!:D

Wanna come over for cake and milk?:crazed:

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Wal-marts by me have figures for $4.77 ;P

Hey don't take any of this personally. It's just a joke on my part; I like to mess with people and hopefully most know that. Just like I don't take personally that you may be calling some of us Wal-mart goers white trash. It's all good!:D

Wanna come over for cake and milk?:crazed:

Hey, I'm a sometimes-Wal-Mart goer, and I was born and raised in the southern U.S. I've heard more white trash and redneck jokes than most people could imagine. I'm not calling anyone on this forum (or myself, for that matter....) white trash. I'm just saying, more often than not when I go into WM, there's a whole lot of "Bubba, his wife & 6 screaming kids". :D

I dunno if the WM I go to sometimes lowered their prices...I assume they did, but the two Targets I hit frequently are a lot closer and more convenient, so it's like...I could drive farther, shop with the dregs of society, and save some pocket change on figs, or I could shop at the nearby Targets, avoid trashy crowds, and spend a little more. Don't worry, no offense taken. I don't really take a heck of a lot on the Internet seriously, at least when it comes to stuff like forums....no one else should either. :)

What kind of cake and milk?

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I'd guess blue milk. :D

It's not the "trash" I try to dodge - it's just those freakin screaming kids. Is it really that hard to teach the kid discipline? :rolleyes:

Jaina Solo
06-12-2002, 02:46 PM
$7.44 for Deluxe figures? Sweet!

Don't suppose they've marked down the 12" inchers, too? (Yeah, I can dream...)

The Darth Vader
06-12-2002, 06:39 PM
Is next week mean the 6-16-02 or the next week :P

yodajedimaster01
06-13-2002, 07:01 AM
The price won't go up to 5.44. Their ads are printed in advance and they didn't know about the price drop when they printed the ad so they will stay at 4.99 and have a sign that probably says new lower price.

Dar' Argol
06-13-2002, 07:13 AM
I dunno if the WM I go to sometimes lowered their prices...I assume they did, but the two Targets I hit frequently are a lot closer and more convenient, so it's like...I could drive farther, shop with the dregs of society, and save some pocket change on figs, or I could shop at the nearby Targets, avoid trashy crowds, and spend a little more. Don't worry, no offense taken. I don't really take a heck of a lot on the Internet seriously, at least when it comes to stuff like forums....no one else should either. :)

I guarantee they dropped their prices. I work for WM and say the price drop come from our Home Office. So its a company wide thing. It was all being discussed here:

Wal-Mart Price Drop (Merged) (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9628)

TheRupert
06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
Speaking of Target, have the Accessory Pack Target Exclusives started showing up anywhere yet?

Beast
06-13-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TheRupert
Speaking of Target, have the Accessory Pack Target Exclusives started showing up anywhere yet?
Nope, they arn't showing up yet. They are scheduled for July, so that means that it will most likely be late July/early August before they start turning up. That's if they don't get delayed until later in the year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
06-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Nope, they arn't showing up yet. They are scheduled for July, so that means that it will most likely be late July/early August before they start turning up. That's if they don't get delayed until later in the year. :)

JarJar do you know if they're all being released at the same time and will they be the same price as the Deluxe fig.s??

Beast
06-13-2002, 06:26 PM
All 4 are supposed to all be released at the same time, I posted a case breakdown ages ago somewhere around here. I'll see if I can dig it up. They are supposed to retail for $9.99. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
06-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Went to Target today; basic figs were still $4.99. Picked up a Slave I for $20. That's one cool ship. :)

Jaina - 12" are still $20.

JangoFeet
06-16-2002, 09:44 PM
I work at Target, and heres the deal with the fig prices.

Originally, they were supposed to be on sale for 4.99.
BUT, since we dropped to that price a week or two ago, they essentially raised prices in the ad, only to have "Lower than advertised" signs in store.
Those signs say the figs are indeed, still 4.99.
It's a cheap ploy, i know.

Rest assured, the figs are remaining 4.99!