PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Queen's Royal Starship

stillakid
06-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Has anyone heard if this will ever get made? Next to Dooka's escape "sail" ship, this silver Stealth bomber is awesome. With some kind of "exploding" action would top it off. And it HAS to have that incredible "bomber" sound effect.

Lord Tenebrous
06-11-2002, 11:29 PM
The Senatorial Yacht is risky...sure, it's a cool-looking ship, but will stores stock a high-ticket item that has only a few minutes of screen-time, and is only seen from the outside?

I think the best route for this ship is an Action Fleet sized toy that comes with an AF landing platform, 4-inch-scale ship ramp and 2-sided full-backdrop of the lower part of the ship (one clean, one blasted)

That way, kids can afford it, collectors can re-enact it, and diorama builders can use this and the upcoming AF N-1 fighters to recreate a small-scale Coruscant skyline.

stillakid
06-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
The Senatorial Yacht is risky...sure, it's a cool-looking ship, but will stores stock a high-ticket item that has only a few minutes of screen-time, and it only seen from the outside?

I hope so!
Smaller scale ships are useless and incompatible with the standard 3 3/4 line so we need to have this ship full size. :) I'm sure it won't happen for exactly the reasons you give, but maybe if enough people clamor for it, Hasbro will consider it.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Hey I want this ship too!! The thing sounds just like one of the old WW2 bombers. I loved this sound effect.
And Dooku's Solar Sailor had better be in the works too. I want one that has the ability to open up and then extend the sails.

stad
06-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Sorry there JangoFett96, but I think it is just about over for the 'Canes. Lord Stanley's Cup is coming to Detroit, and I don't think it's leaving this time!

Sidiously Darth
06-12-2002, 12:14 AM
I doubt this will happen. It will be a repeat of the Ep. I Starship. I bought one from Amazon b/c I got if for half price and this is when they first came out. Besides, how many people do you know that actually bought it?

stillakid
06-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I doubt this will happen. It will be a repeat of the Ep. I Starship. I bought one from Amazon b/c I got if for half price and this is when they first came out. Besides, how many people do you know that actually bought it?

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by stad
Sorry there JangoFett96, but I think it is just about over for the 'Canes. Lord Stanley's Cup is coming to Detroit, and I don't think it's leaving this time!
I dont think that Detroit has won their 4th game, have they? When the series is over and there is a winner, THEN we can make that assumption cant we?
My team is still in it.

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 12:50 AM
I doubt we'll get the Yacht made, but Padme's cruiser I wouldn't mind seeing. Considering to scale with figures it'd probably be about the size that the Royal Starship was I think it would be made to scale or just 1-2 notches off of 1:1 scale. Actually I think it would be smaller than the Royal Starship was, plus it'd probably have less features - AOTC R2 (R2 w/ Holo Leia mold) would be a good pack-in for it too. Considering all the features and such that made the Royal Starship $100, I think even a scale Cruiser would be a considerable amount less. :cool:

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 01:09 AM
Hey Stad,
Sorry I didnt mean to sound so harsh there. Detroit has pretty much won it, but I am trying to keep the positive attitude you know.

JediTricks
06-12-2002, 01:58 AM
I see no likelyhood of this being a 4" figure vehicle since its main figure interaction would be killing everybody on board, but I hope it'll get done in Action Fleet scale.

Darth Annexis
06-12-2002, 03:28 AM
BUT WE STILL NEED A SITH INFILTRATOR...That is a priority!!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 05:56 AM
Yeah, i want an Infiltrator!!! And yeah the Senate Cruiser was great, but it would be 20" long and over 30" wide!!! No store would stock this thing. I'd rather see Padmé's Yacht with a pack-in Padmé and an R2-D2 that can interact (his computer port arm could be used to "clear-up" Obi-Wan's hologram message etc) with the ship. It should have lights, electronic sounds and holograms of Mace Windu and Obi-Wan. It would probably be around 20-25" long.

:)

JediBoulton
06-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Question -- Who thinks that Dooku's Solar Sailor looked alot like the one used in the movie TRON?? That is the first thing I thought about. This would be a nice addition to the collection.

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I doubt we'll get the Yacht made, but Padme's cruiser I wouldn't mind seeing. Considering to scale with figures it'd probably be about the size that the Royal Starship was I think it would be made to scale or just 1-2 notches off of 1:1 scale. Actually I think it would be smaller than the Royal Starship was, plus it'd probably have less features - AOTC R2 (R2 w/ Holo Leia mold) would be a good pack-in for it too. Considering all the features and such that made the Royal Starship $100, I think even a scale Cruiser would be a considerable amount less. :cool:

I think it's possible that we will see the smaller cruiser that Padme and Anakin take to Tatooine. (Is there an official name?)

But there is a catch of course. Like LTB said, making that smaller arrow-ship to scale would mean that it would be almost the exact length of the Royal Starship playset from Ep1, which was HUGE.

I think it's more likely that we would see a massively scaled down version, around 1:2 scale which could be sold for $25-40. It would basically have just a cockpit that would fit two figures, and maybe R2, with no additional living space behind it.

I know some people would hate this, but I really wouldn't mind; in order to get some things produced, sacrafices have to be made. And the only real function that particular ship served was transporting Padme and Anakin so having fewer "special features" wouldn't bother me.

leenovak
06-12-2002, 09:19 AM
I never saw Tron, but I will say that the whole design of the Solar Sailer makes absolutely no sense. When Dooku left Coruscant for Geonosis he was only 20 years old, but it took him 50 years to get there in that lame contraption.

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by leenovak
I never saw Tron, but I will say that the whole design of the Solar Sailer makes absolutely no sense. When Dooku left Coruscant for Geonosis he was only 20 years old, but it took him 50 years to get there in that lame contraption.

I'm not sure I understand that age thing but...

They didn't do a very good job of showing how the Solar Sailor worked. The sails are only used when it is at normal speeds, they can collect energy for the ship to use so it doesn't have to carry any fuel.

But for traveling into hyperspace the sails retract again and the ship uses a normal hyperspace engine.

stillakid
06-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I see no likelyhood of this being a 4" figure vehicle since its main figure interaction would be killing everybody on board, but I hope it'll get done in Action Fleet scale.

That would make for some really great pack-in possibilities!

SplFrcsCWO
06-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

I liked it so much I bought 3. Though I really wanted more red R2 units. I'd definitely buy a new version.