PDA

View Full Version : Tracked Poll: E1 Queen Amidala 4" Figures

Beast
06-12-2002, 03:52 AM
We have 5 major outfits for Queen Amidala/Padme Neberrie that haven't been given to us in figure form yet. I was curious which of the figures would be most popular with fans. This list is in order of apperance in the movie. I posted links to the more obscure costumes, I am sure we know what the other two look like. So what's your favorite of the 5 remaining outfits? :)

1. Padme Naberrie: Queen's Handmaiden (orange)
2. Queen Amidala: Senator Palpatine's Office (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/amidala/img/eu_bg.jpg)
3. Queen Amidala: Post-Senate (http://www.portmania.com/mags/starwarsinsider/0699starwarsinsider2.jpg)
4. Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo (http://www.portmania.com/mags/starwarsinsider/0402starwarsinsider1.jpg)
5. Queen Amidala: Naboo Celebration

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

saladin
06-12-2002, 04:10 AM
i'd like the hand maiden so i can by like for and have them behind her.

JosephGD
06-12-2002, 04:12 AM
Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo gets my vote. She looks incredible in that outfit. Luckily I was able to pick up the 12" version.

Darth Annexis
06-12-2002, 04:21 AM
Jar Jar...We need them all...every one of her outfits are signifigant...

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 04:26 AM
Return to Naboo for me.

Beast
06-12-2002, 04:27 AM
Yes, I agree. But I am just running the poll, to see which outfit is most wanted for the next E1 Queen figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 04:30 AM
Jar Jar , Silly question probably, but what does HH stand for.
Its been bugging the hell outta me.
Thanks

Beast
06-12-2002, 04:33 AM
Ahh, the eternal question. That would be Happy Hunting, somthing that has existed for many moons. Back in the day it was hard to find stuff on the shelves, this started to support you're friends online in their searches. I don't even know whol originally coined it, I know that it was most likely either LTBasker or myself behind it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 04:35 AM
Much obliged

Tycho
06-12-2002, 06:46 AM
I would like all of the Padme's. No exceptions!

I am actually going to use them all in my scenes.

Pre-Senate - 1
Post-Senate - 2 (w.JarJar, at Nute's Arrest / Palpatine's arrival on Naboo
Return to Naboo - 2 (On the Royal Starship, Qui-Gon's funeral)
Ceremony - 1

As for the Handmaiden, I too plan to use multiples of her for all her handmaidens in the orange outfit:

Up to 22 of them (2 in each scene I require handmaidens to accompany her in - decided against 5 for the Pre-Hanger Fight #1 scenes. Not that it would make much of a difference - then I'd use 31 total. But I might not have the space in my scenes and want these figures as background, not a main focus-point in the display.)

It's interesting that this is the most useful figure. It is hardly my favorite. The purple Return to Naboo really is, but I need 11 TIMES LESS of that figure....oh the joy of collecting for dioramas....

Meanwhile, I've figured out my Padme's for E2 that I hope for (or will get):

Pilot Padme - 1
Senator Padme - 2 (Palpatine's office, 1st meeting Anakin)
Nightgown Padme - 2 (assassin bugs, balcony on Naboo)
Freightor Padme - 1
Ambassador Padme - 1* (I might use 2, one for the freighter, 1 w. Queen)
Backless Dress Padme - 1 for the 1st kiss (love the outfit anyway!)
Picnic Padme - 1 - also like this outfit.
Black Leather Padme - 1 -fireplace scene my favorite outfit probably!
Tatooine Padme (hood / cloak on) - 1 -Watto's shop
Tatooine Padme (cloak off) - 1* (might use 2nd for Watto's shop - sexy!)
Geonosis White - (not ripped) - 3 (funeral, capture, conference w. Dooku)
New ripped white (no action feature) 2 - riding picador, hugging armless Anni
Wedding Padme - 1 - duh...for the wedding scene?

Interesting, I have no use for the Padme apartment / packing Padme "because it makes me feel uncomfortable."

If they made a generic Anakin with a cloak on, I would have to buy at least 7 of them just to stand in with my Padme figures, not to mention his scene with Palpatine that only comprises of the 2 of them, etc. But I can't pose her with Anakin looking like he's in the heat of battle!

So I suppose I'd buy her mini-mouse hair figure too, and then my 8th Anakin "Jedi Council" figure - as the Jedi Council scene would be the reason I'd buy the 9th one....and it goes on.

LOL. Dexter's the best figure and I only need 1 of him!

Also, I'd buy 18 mostly different Padme figures for E2, but I'd actually purchase more of that E1 Handmaiden figure ALONE, than any of the E2's combined. And you know I'd create an army of Padme Tatooine's from E2 if I had an excuse....

Maybe that's a mirage Anakin sees in the desert while he's away and he chances to think of her.... (heh-heh-he)

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 06:50 AM
I want a handmaiden!!!

:)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-12-2002, 12:02 PM
I want them all.

Jedi Law Student
06-12-2002, 12:25 PM
I want them all, but my top two choices would have to be

Padme in the orange handmaiden outfit

Queen Amidala: Senator Palpatine's Office

I've wanted both of these since day one. There was actually supposed to be a 12" version of the latter at one time, but I don't think it ever saw production. I really like that outfit...it reminds me of a Byzantine icon or something.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-12-2002, 12:32 PM
I like the handmaiden one the best. I think because of its simplicity.

The way I would have Hasbro make it is a regular figure without all that plastic nonsense like on the Jedi figures that is part of the tunics that extend below the waist. The robe and hood would be made of terrycloth or some kind of fabric so the figure would be more flexible. I can see them copping out and doing something along the lines of the royal guard though.

Jaina Solo
06-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Post-Senate. Could go for a Handmaiden Amidala, too.

On the subject of handmaidens, though, aren't they going to make a generic one? I've heard rumors of that.

Beast
06-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the orange handmaiden showed up on early Hasbro lists for to be getting a figure this year. I am still hoping that it happens, as we really need one. Especially since we have Sabe in the Black Travel Gown already. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
06-12-2002, 04:19 PM
I'd have to say all of them

Tycho
06-13-2002, 05:54 AM
That didn't answer Jaina's question though: will the handmaiden be generic or specifically Padme.

Beast
06-13-2002, 05:59 AM
I dunno yet Tycho, Hasbro uses alot of generic terms on their inhouse documents as well as their retailer stuff. I assume that it will most likely look like Padme. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-13-2002, 06:17 AM
Return to Naboo is my personal favorite, but Celebration and Palpatine's office wardrobes might merit figures before the Return to Naboo outfit. :)

JEDIpartner
06-13-2002, 11:02 AM
I'd vote for Return to Naboo or Palpy's Office.

SithDroid
06-14-2002, 01:32 AM
I'd have to go with Return to Naboo. Palpatines office is a close second though. All of them NEED to be made anyway.