PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Figures - MIA

Casual George
06-12-2002, 10:07 AM
All the stores in my area - Wal-Mart, TRU and Target are NOT restocking any figures. They have had the same ones on the pegs for the last two weeks and as the remainder sell they are not putting out any more! What the heck is going on? I'm really worried about the line at this point. These new figures have been out less than two months and we have already seen a price reduction and the selection is getting worse and worse. Things are going back to the way they were with the last POTJ wave. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? :mad:

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Casual George
All the stores in my area - Wal-Mart, TRU and Target are NOT restocking any figures. They have had the same ones on the pegs for the last two weeks and as the remainder sell they are not putting out any more! What the heck is going on? I'm really worried about the line at this point. These new figures have been out less than two months and we have already seen a price reduction and the selection is getting worse and worse. Things are going back to the way they were with the last POTJ wave. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? :mad:

No, it's not just you Casual George. But DON'T WORRY! The Saga line isn't going to stop anytime soon.

The reason that the retail stores aren't restocking very quickly is because they want to sell off a lot of the exsisting figures that are out. When they have sold enough of them, most stores will rearrange their shelf space to make room for other toy lines, cutting the Star Wars space down to probably half of what it is right now.

But this doesn't mean the Saga figures aren't selling, just that now that the movie has been out a while, it's time for the stores to cut back and settle in for the long haul.:)

Jonna
06-12-2002, 10:15 AM
Actually, here in northern New Jersey I have seen almost all of the new figures, but in such low quantities (only 2 or 3 each) that I am starting to wonder also if there is some sort of problem. This wouldn't be strange but I go to 4-7 stores a week (usually in the mornings when they first open and they are still restocking all of the old stuff. My guess is that they horribly overproduced the first batch and under produced the last few waves.

QLD
06-12-2002, 10:45 AM
It's funny how people get worried about every line. I doubt any retailers put anywhere near as much thought into SW figures as much as we would like to think they do. Odds are they haven't even noticed it's getting dry. At least that is how it worked at every retail store I ever worked at. Not intentional, but when you pay people min. wage, that's the kind of stuff that happens. I think it will be fine. It's been weeks....not months.

Dar' Argol
06-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Its all that plus the fact that Hasbro hasn't been sending anything new in. I see this alot, everytime a store does not have the new figures someone sees in the "Just Found" section, they automatically think its the stores fault. That they are hoarding all the figs, or someone is selling them all off to scalper:rolleyes:. Why doesn't anyone blame Hasbro??? If they do not send us the product, we can't put it out.

I just think its funny:D

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 02:45 PM
People blame Hasbro then other people say blame the scalpers, so people blame scalpers then people say blame Hasbro, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. ;)

Beast
06-12-2002, 02:46 PM
How come your store has become the red headed stepchild Dar' Argol? I know alot of Wal-Mart's that are recieveing cases of the new figures, infact a friend in colorado just found me the Orn Free Taa wave, as well as the Deluxe Nexu wave. Are you sure that your store is even ordering more figures at the moment?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
06-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
How come your store has become the red headed stepchild Dar' Argol? I know alot of Wal-Mart's that are recieveing cases of the new figures, infact a friend in colorado just found me the Orn Free Taa wave, as well as the Deluxe Nexu wave. Are you sure that your store is even ordering more figures at the moment?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

:cry: no one love us that's why!!

No, we cannot order the figs. As I stated in a thread you will probably find and post here:D, the Figs are conidered GO in our system. We cannot order them, they get sent to us. If they were WR(warehouse) of AD/AS (assembly) then we could. We just recently got in about 3-4 cases of the Orn Free Ta wave and the Geo Warrior wave, but that's it! No bespin, no Nexu, no new delux, no Palpy:(

Beast
06-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Man, your warehouse must really hate your store for some reason then. That sucks. I'm starting to wonder if I should go back to ordering and splitting cases online with folks. Might be safer and less annoying then trying to deal with the odd shipping situation. Atleast my friends on-line have been having good luck. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

:cry: no one love us that's why!!

No, we cannot order the figs. As I stated in a thread you will probably find and post here:D, the Figs are conidered GO in our system. We cannot order them, they get sent to us. If they were WR(warehouse) of AD/AS (assembly) then we could. We just recently got in about 3-4 cases of the Orn Free Ta wave and the Geo Warrior wave, but that's it! No bespin, no Nexu, no new delux, no Palpy:(

Feel lucky, except for the beat-up Bespin Luke and the (mysteriously) mint Endor Rebel I was able to grab last month, I've seen zip, zero, NADDA, new figures here, not even Mace with a hernia.

Jedi Juice
06-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Oddly enough, the last few times that I found the new figures, I wasn't particularly looking for them- meaning I didn't plan on going out to find new figures. So I'm thinking, that whenever I can't find a new figure, I won't PLAN on going to the store, but if I so happen to be around a walmart or TRU, then heck, I'm gonna check it out.

Hellboy
06-12-2002, 09:00 PM
I noticed the same problem in my area and it just so happened that one day I ran into a Hasbro rep. stocking the shelves at TRU and I asked her this same question. Her reply was much like what Dar' Argol had stated that the stores are just sent the cases and that they have no control over what they are recieving. I expressed my disapointment with Hasbro's poor distribution and she said that she is supposed to conduct in the field surveys and she would note my complaint with her employer. So if you're gonna blame anyone blame the dopes over at Hasbro.

fourtwo
06-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
People blame Hasbro then other people say blame the scalpers, so people blame scalpers then people say blame Hasbro, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. ;)

gotta blame someone...
:p

Dar' Argol
06-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Hellboy
I expressed my disapointment with Hasbro's poor distribution and she said that she is supposed to conduct in the field surveys and she would note my complaint with her employer. So if you're gonna blame anyone blame the dopes over at Hasbro.

No, she just said that to get rid of you:D. I have the same type of responce from our Sony Rep when I asked her about the lack of Memory Cards and that is was frustrating a lot of ppl, me included. Here answer was, "I will take that back to my superiors and we'll see what we can do." Yeah, whatever, and I believed everyone was going to sue me back when I telemarketed:rolleyes:.