PDA

View Full Version : More Palm Talkers, please!

El Chuxter
09-24-2001, 12:13 PM
I got "Super-Deformed" Boba, Chewie, and Vader in trade this weekend. They're awesome and--though I hate the word, I can't think of anything more appropriate--cute. My girlfriend thought Chewbacca was "adorable."

So there was enough demand to bring these three (and Stormy, Artoo, and Threepio, who I haven't found yet) to the States from Japan. Maybe there's enough demand for a second line? Here's some ideas I came up with for some future Palm Talkers:

Jar Jar Binks
Classic Trilogy Yoda
Jabba the Hutt
Wicket W Warrick
Jawa
Scout Trooper
Tusken Raider
Darth Maul

Rollo Tomassi
09-24-2001, 01:54 PM
I pray you are joking.....Given the choice between more palmtalkers or more regular figures, give me Crix Madine, and Imperial Dignitary, and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilot, and Ewoks!!!!

bigbarada
09-24-2001, 07:13 PM
What exactly do these things do anyway? They look just like useless lumps of plastic to me. Well, actually all SWAF are useless lumps of plastic, but these look even more so.:confused:

ThomasLane
09-25-2001, 10:49 AM
I've found all of them at various places, but I have to ask, what's so appealing about them? Cute? Maybe. But not any cuter than those "buddy" dolls that came out a while back. They look like something that should be packed in with a kid's meal at a fast food restaurant, not a $10 retail toy. They seem to sell well enough though, so you might see a second wave.

El Chuxter
09-25-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
What exactly do these things do anyway? They look just like useless lumps of plastic to me. Well, actually all SWAF are useless lumps of plastic, but these look even more so.:confused:

Uh, they have contacts on the bottom--I'm not sure if they're heat or conductivity activated--that make the lights blink and the character say one of around three phrases (the exact number varies). And they're cute! Darn cute!

Okay, I'm thinking I'm the only person who likes these little fellas. :p

And it's true they're no cuter than the Buddies, but the Buddies had a large selection, and the Palm Talkers are much easier to display.

GNT
09-26-2001, 03:19 AM
MORE? More do you say? Geegod! These things look horrible,HORRIBLE i say!

Originally posted by El Chuxter
Okay, I'm thinking I'm the only person who likes these little fellas. :p

T think your right :)

JediTricks
09-26-2001, 06:24 AM
Chux, they're conductivity-activated.

(Basically, that means that when you touch both studs, your body completes an electronic circuit which sets off the toy's electronic features.)

Eternal Padawan
09-26-2001, 04:04 PM
If hasbro is going to take ALL the latest trends from Japan and put a Star Wars spin on them, I want to see Transformers that turn into Shuttle Tyderiums and X-Wings and landspeeders before I see another wave of palmtalkers. Next thing we'll be seeing is Star Wars fingerbikes:( and Star Wars pokemon... :D

master jedi
09-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Star Wars pokemon... :D

For the love of everything Star Wars please don't ever say Star Wars pokemon again.:eek:

JEDIpartner
09-27-2001, 09:44 AM
I haven't found a single one of these damn things in the Cleveland area and I want some!!!!

...it's probably my mom's Japanese genetics that make me want these crazy things... or maybe it's just the midichlorians!!! :rolleyes:

master jedi
09-27-2001, 10:34 AM
I've only seen one of these things where I live but my brother snatched it before I could. Dang, I want them bad.

GNT
09-28-2001, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I've only seen one of these things where I live but my brother snatched it before I could. Dang, I want them bad.

master jedi you have a nice brother ;)

master jedi
09-28-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GNT

master jedi you have a nice brother ;)

He sure is. That's why when he's sleeping tonight I'll put his hand in some warm water.

sith_killer_99
09-29-2001, 10:08 PM
Actually, they already made Jar-Jar, Yoda, and Darth Maul....along with a few others. They only sold them in Japan, though a few did make it to the states. These were actually "superdeforms" and I'm not sure they could "talk". They sold really well in Japan, which is why they made some for the US.

Personally, I'm kinda torn with these things. They look cool! But that's about all. I did manage to find 1 Boba Fett!

The problem I have with these things is the LOUSY sound bites, seriously...the CommChips sound better. Which is pretty BAD considering the size of the Palmtalker.

I will probably buy the full set, if I ever find them.

stillakid
09-29-2001, 10:59 PM
Still waiting to find them anywhere...

GNT
09-30-2001, 01:24 AM
He sure is. That's why when he's sleeping tonight I'll put his hand in some warm water.

Your so nice :) But he deserves it :)

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-01-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Still waiting to find them anywhere...

If you lived in Cincy, especially the east side, you'd be finding them. I've seen them a few times, all of them, and keep passing them up. They're cute, but not worth $10.00. That money is going toward the deluxe figures....:)

ThomasLane
10-15-2001, 01:16 AM
Ditto. I've been been drooling over pictures of the "naked wave" for weeks now. Mmmmm... Amanaman...

sith_killer_99
10-15-2001, 07:57 PM
ThomasLane you are a sick, sick man, hehehe!

I found Chewie, C-3PO, and R2! Still looking for Vader and Stormie! I must say, R2-D2 has the most realistic lines from the movies!

stillakid
10-15-2001, 09:19 PM
Which alternate universe are you guys living in that provides Palm Talkers to the consumers? How do I get over there?:confused:

El Chuxter
10-16-2001, 01:32 PM
Start checking your local Wal-Mart--my girlfriend got the last three (C-3PO, R2-D2, and Stormie) for me yesterday at the local Wally World. They're every bit as adorable as their brethren. :)

master jedi
10-16-2001, 08:28 PM
I thought I was the only person to call Wal-Mart Wally-World.

GNT
10-17-2001, 02:12 AM
I thought I was the only person to call Wal-Mart Wally-World.

Youre not alone as it seems :)

bigbarada
10-17-2001, 08:09 AM
My brother used to work at Wal-Mart and he called it "unholy pit of burning hell!"

master jedi
10-17-2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
My brother used to work at Wal-Mart and he called it "unholy pit of burning hell!"

That's funny 'cause that's exactly what I call K-Mart.

sith_killer_99
10-18-2001, 09:50 AM
I think the whole "Wally World" thing is pretty much universal...even in a galaxy far far away.

As for the Alternate Univers that I live in, it is Kentucky. Where palm talkers are the HIGHLIGHT of Star Wars finds and Duros/Shmi waves clog the pegs to NO END! It is a DARK, DARK place and I feel so cold...

stillakid
10-18-2001, 10:57 AM
I think that I have the distribution strategy figured out. Hasbro starts stocking shelves on the East coast and whatever is left over at the bottom of the box is offered to us over on the other side. That would be "nothing!"