PDA

View Full Version : Clone trooper ankle snap action

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but, As I sit here opening my red cloney, my eyes check the picture on the back and I see him in a brand new pose (I think) and that is running into a big rock and snapping ankle.

This is not surely what the rock is for:confused:

As I investigate further and actually take him out of the bubble maybe it will all become apparent.

Or on the other hand maybe not:(

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 11:04 AM
The rock was meant to be a stand for him to be put in a "running" pose and the rock was intended to go on his front foot like depicted on the card but some loon at Hasbro screwed up either in the picture or with the rock itself because the rock that's packed with the Clone Trooper can only go on the back of his foot becasue of the direction of the foot print and the peg placement on it.

lunchymeatball
06-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Why Oh Why did I mail order. My cloneys paint job is poo.
His legs look like they are yellowing like vintage stormtroopers. He looks dirty and I hate him already.
I AM NOT HAPPY

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by lunchymeatball
Why Oh Why did I mail order. My cloneys paint job is poo.
His legs look like they are yellowing like vintage stormtroopers. He looks dirty and I hate him already.
I AM NOT HAPPY

Yup, the first clone trooper I picked up had the same problems. Dingy looking legs, horrible paint job on his helmet and arms, and to make it even worse, dirty splotches all over him. I managed to get a lot of the dirt off with some Bestine solvent & thinner, but one side of his helmet still looks really bad. Maybe I can pretend that he's on Geonosis so his uniform is dirty....yeah, that's it.

The only clone trooper I've found to date that had a really good paint job is STILL messed up - he has a 5th red dot on his right chestplate, where there shouldn't be any. :rolleyes:

Taichi
06-12-2002, 12:32 PM
I have freedom of choice on clonetroopers, since the damn things are warming the pegs here.....

I got the best paintjob I could find......after rifling through about fifteen of them.....it looks great!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-12-2002, 12:40 PM
Man, I just love my cloneys. IMO they're the best Saga figure yet. Such a great sculpt, kickin' articulation, and the rock thing...pure genius. :rolleyes: They should give that man the nobel prize. ;)

Do we have any pix on the yellow cloney yet? Is it going to be practically same as the pink/red ones but with binoculars?

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 02:41 PM
The Yellow Clone that is coming out is the Pilot not the Commander.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 08:10 PM
I am still waiting for my first Cloneys. Hope my Captain and 4 soldiers arrive soon, i have some whacking to do.

:D

lunchymeatball
06-13-2002, 03:51 AM
I have made a kind of peace with my cloney now.
I've sussed the rock thing all you have to do is swap feet and hey presto a more "action" pose, so the rock has a purpose (my problem was with the picture on the card) Standing him without the rock is a bit more tricky though.

The paint job is still shabby and I am still kicking myself (as I do everytime) because I mail ordered it and couldn't peruse the paint job myself!

DARTH DUBIOUS
06-13-2002, 03:11 PM
I was in TRU the other day and saw nothing but millions of these damned things hanging there glaring defiantly at me. Cloging the pegs where all the other figures should have been. And all the clonetroopers had got yellowy belts and helmets and arms and legs. Only the chest piece was white and that was because it's rigid plastic not vinyl. It does look like vintage stormtrooper syndrome, you're not wrong there my man! I just can't bear to see these things hanging there any longer. Surely there must be some nutcase willing to buy a shedload of them from my local TRU? PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE someone buy them so they restock with other figures. *sobs quietly*

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 03:23 PM
I own 12 of these suckers loose (2 more carded) and have not had any of the problems you guys are mentioning. I love the figure.