PDA

View Full Version : SuperBattle Droid the wrong color?

Princess_Leila
06-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Guys,

Ever noticed that the SPBs are silverish in the movie, but that all the toys (lego, hasbro, etc) are blue-greyish, except with the upcoming 12" version, which is the color shown in the movie? The visual dictionnary also has a blue SPB inside.

Were there two versions in the movie or what? I wish they would redo this guy the right way. Not that I find its design very appealing, BTW. I don't think it measures up with the standard BD and Droidekas. (The droids were the only dispointing thing about E2, I find.)

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 11:46 AM
I didn't even really notice the SBDs in the movie, but what probably happened was Hasbro worked off early designs of the SBD, and at the time he was a blue-ish color. Same reason Dooku comes with a holo of Sidious and a 2nd lightsabre, etc.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 07:02 PM
They could be a little more of a lighter color but I kind of like the color of the figure....

DarthMaulSithLord
06-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Me too, plus, in my Guide To AOTC book, the SBD's are blue-greyish just like the toys are.

:)

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:18 AM
They looked this colour in the film... I DID notice that the little red spot has been painted in the wrong area, though. You can see the divot in the chest plate where it SHOULD have been painted. Oh, well.