PDA

View Full Version : Beast re-releases

Jargo
06-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Hasbro dearest,
Hows about re-releasing the Han and Tauntaun and the Luke and Wampa sometime hmmmm? I don't think I've ever even come close to seeing one of either. Not even in someone's collection or in a scalper store. Far as I'm concerned, these things just never got made and I really dig that han Solo sculpt. The tauntaun without the broken tusk is cool but if you could remold the legs so we can have a Tauntaun that isn't running please. Most of the Tauntauns in the movie weren't actually active. Perhaps you could make it slightly darker too. The Luke Tauntaun I have is really pale grey. They'd look better darker grey.

The Wampa should be improved upon too. The prototype for the POTF2 version was great but the final product was a little lacking in detail and had that awful waist. I'm sure you could tweak the mold to add fur strands hanging over the waist join to hide it. A better paint deco and we're set. Give it a new Luke or the same one I don't mind. I'm not really asking for the Luke just the Wampa. Luke could pack with a new dead Tauntaun or something with an opening belly in the Tauntaun and real feel guts.

And then there's the Eopie which should be re-released so the collectors in the states can get them. I feel terribly guilty for having three when my American comrades have never really seen them. Only this time, release the Eopie with a Shmi and Kitster not a stupid Qui-Gon. :)

Jonna
06-12-2002, 03:37 PM
You couldn't find them!?! It must really suck for SW stuff over there. They had the Beast Packs at Odd Jobs (a sever discount store in NJ) for months at something like $4.99.

Beast
06-12-2002, 03:48 PM
I agree with Jargo, while I have the Luke and Wampa and the Han and Tauntaun sets, I know that alot of people missed out on these. Even if they have to find a new way of offering these, like thru the fanclub for the US, and thru Hasbro's UK website for the UK and other countries, that would be a little better then the situation now. Definatly fix the running stance on the Tauntaun as well.

And I loved the prototype Wampa, I was so sad to see that wasn't the version that we got. Sure it doesn't look as much like the critter from the movie, it does look cool. Maybe if it was given a more snow colored paintjob, it would look better. I'll attach a picture of the Wampa with this post. :)

As for the Eopie, definatly re-release it. It's the only thing that I don't have yet from 1995 to now. But I don't think they need to include Shmi. I think packing in Kitster and Wald would be a better idea. Though a Shmi figure with a cloth dress so that she could sit would be cool. Maybe Jargo's right on the pack-ins after all. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Freedom
06-12-2002, 04:07 PM
I agree!

Rogue II
06-12-2002, 06:57 PM
I missed out on the Han with TaunTaun. I saw it in the store once, but I didn't have the cash. I figured I could just pick it up later. I never saw it again. <sigh>

That prototype Wampa was pretty cool.

underdog25
06-13-2002, 07:14 AM
I was lucky and grabbed a Han and Tauntaun when I saw it. There must have been over 50 in the overstock in the Walmart I was in that day. I just grabbed one. Wish I would have know that was the only time I was going to see it! The Eopie needs to be re-released so everyone can have a chance to get it. Just put it in a Saga box.

Rogue II
06-13-2002, 07:25 AM
So if they are going to re-release a new beast line, they might as well make a ROTJ Jabba. I wouldn't even be picky over the pack in figure. It would be great if they left out the extra figure and packed Jabba with his dias w/ pipe and bowl like the vintage line.

lunchymeatball
06-13-2002, 07:48 AM
That proto wampa looks excellent.
I dont have these2 items either.
Never even seen em:(

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Yeah, that proto Wampa looks amazing!!! Much better than the way they released. Wish i had one though.

:(