PDA

View Full Version : Jango Final Battle =bad figure

Hellboy
06-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Well I decided to open up a Jango Fett Final Battle today and boy was I unimpressed. Let me start off by saying that I think this figure is one of the worst to come out of the Saga line thus far. I mean how am I supposed to stand this figure up without it looking like he has two broken legs:confused: Yeah its cool that his head comes off but what is up with that left arm and the stupid flame gimmick? The main reason I opened him was because he's the only Jango with the blue jetpack (the deluxe pack doesn't count IMO because it's so far out of scale) and the pack won't even fit on my Sneak Preview figure, it just falls out. Oh well I guess you can't be satisfied with them all but this is even more frustrating than my Battle Droids head falling off every time I touch him.:frus:

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Tried moving the jetpack over to Kamino Escape Jango or Preview Jango?...

Hellboy
06-12-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Tried moving the jetpack over to Kamino Escape Jango or Preview Jango?... Yeah I tried but the pack just falls out of the Preview Jango and my Kamino Jango occupies the cockpit of Slave 1 presently so it wouldn't be of use to me there.

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
Yeah I tried but the pack just falls out of the Preview Jango and my Kamino Jango occupies the cockpit of Slave 1 presently so it wouldn't be of use to me there.

Jango Fett: Pilot is coming out in the next 12 figures pretty soon so you can take Kamino Jango out.

Hellboy
06-12-2002, 08:45 PM

Jango Fett: Pilot is coming out in the next 12 figures pretty soon so you can take Kamino Jango out.

Thats probably what I'll do but Jango is one of my favorite characters and it still frustrates me that FB Jango is nowhere near the level of quality that we've seen in the previous 2.:frus:

Do you know if Pilot Jango comes with a jetpack?

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 08:57 PM
I think it's been said that he comes with both along with wearing his head thing that he wore while piloting the Slave 1.

Beast
06-12-2002, 09:33 PM
I dunno, I really like the Jango Fett: Final Battle figure. The stance looks really nice too. I have mine on a stand, so that the flame effect won't make him topple over. Can't wait for the Pilot Jango, though we still need Jango Fett: Kamino Apartment Jammies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
06-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Do what I used to do with my 3 3/4 GI Joes when I was a kid, I took a small piece of paper, wrapped it around the peg on the backbacks and it solves the looseness in backpacks, it should work on Mr Fett.

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 12:21 AM
I found that the arm and leg articulation on Jango FB is somewhat crappy, but IMO he's still a better figure than Padme and some of the others. Whereas on Vader Bespin, the negatives outweight the positives there for me, with Jango it's 50/50 - it could be A LOT better, but it's ok in my book.

QLD
06-13-2002, 01:00 AM
I agree with JT. It's an OK figure, but I hate the stance and articulation. I give it a 5/10

karateyoda17
06-13-2002, 01:28 AM
I dono, maybe im good with posing figures, but my jango fett: final battle has not even fallen once, even with the flame thrower in. I just love the figure personally, its my favorite saga figure. Oh and yes, the final battle jet pack does fit fine on the kamino escape jangos back. :)

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 09:13 AM
I have 3 of these guys (2 loose, 1 carded). I have 1 of the loose ones on a real stand, and the second one on his knees, freshly beheaded by "crazy arm" Windu. My thoughts: he is probably my favorite Jango of those released thus far. The only things that I really don't like about him are 1)his holsters should be functional (as they are in the Kamino Escape version)- there is no reason why Hasbro couldn't have added this feature. 2)The flame throwing gimmick (once again, a gimmick feature monkeying up a good figure) really screws with the accuracy. I like the articulation, however - especially when the only other alternative Hasbro seems to offer in the Saga line is the "super-posed stance".

Forhekset
06-13-2002, 09:38 AM
I like Jango Final Battle....the "dirty" effects on his armor look really good, and I don't have any problems with him falling over. He only has a couple good poses, but that's pretty much how it is with all of the new Saga figs, so I'm not going to knock him for that. I think the flamethrower effect looks cool too.

Mace Windex
06-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Jango is pretty cool but the stance is problematic. I do find it is easier to pose figures on a hard, flat surface.

Jonna
06-13-2002, 10:35 AM
He is a cripple! Get the man a wheel chair. I just put a long string around his two arms and hung him from something to make him look like he was flying.

aceguide
06-13-2002, 10:42 AM
QUESTION -

Is the head attached magentically and does it work?

None of the magnets on my HD Anakin, Zam or deluxe Mace Battle doid work at all. Loose arms and droid body parts everywhere!!

Jonna
06-13-2002, 10:45 AM
It works rather well. Actually, it is difficult to get the head off with most of the other figure's swing action lightsabers, without the lightsaber falling out of the character's hands.

aceguide
06-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Thanks!

I'm ready to get out the glue with the other figs!!!

AT-AT Man
06-13-2002, 01:26 PM
This is an excellent figure, how do you not like it. i love this fig. i have mine in a squat sort of similar to the preview one, but mine looks better. Kinda off topic, but i have 2 loose Ani hanger duels, and they'v hanged the magnetson them, the one i have from the 23rd, is painted over the magnet, and the one i got yesterday, is not painted, this magnet is very strong, it is stronger than my april 23rd one, does anyone know if they intentionally changed this or is it just a mix up, like they forgot to paint over it.

Jaina Solo
06-13-2002, 04:39 PM
I kind of like FB Jango. He's got some problems, but what Saga figure doesn't? I could go for some more leg and arm articulation, and it sort of annoys me that his head is looking down all the time, but I think he's a fairly decent figure.

And Geo Mace can chop his head off if you position them just right, which is kinda fun.

DarthBrandon
06-13-2002, 05:36 PM
I don't have the Jango FB cause I ddin't like the look of him. I have the KE,SP,DL versions and I'm waiting for the pilot version. I just wish Hasbro could come out with one figure that would do it all. i.e. Jango with removable armor, head, helmet, two jetpacks, grappling hook, guns that fit in holster, great articulation, bending knees and arms. This way you got everything you need to have the pilot version, the KE version, the FB version, without the gimmicks to buy more versions.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2002, 06:05 PM
I think it's been said that he comes with both along with wearing his head thing that he wore while piloting the Slave 1.

Goodie!!! I hope the headgear is removable and that he also comes with his helmet, guns and working holsters!!! That way, i won't have to buy more Jango's!!!

:eek:

Beast
06-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Goodie!!! I hope the headgear is removable and that he also comes with his helmet, guns and working holsters!!! That way, i won't have to buy more Jango's!!! :eek:
Until they release, Jango Fett: Kamino Apartment Jammies. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Damn, another Jango i HAVE to buy.

*grumbles*

:D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 06:54 PM
I think this is an awesome figure!!!!!!! He is one of my favorites!!!! I guess everyone has a different point of view on figures.... :rolleyes:

Hellboy
06-13-2002, 07:10 PM
O.K. I've had some time to mess with this figure and I must admit that he's growing on me. I still don't think he's great but I suppose there are worse fig.s in the line. I just don't care for the articulation on the legs to much.

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 04:14 AM
You know what articulation bugs me on this figure besides all that's been mentioned here (and pardon me if it has and I just missed it):

The left hip articulation is really limited by the sculpt. I dunno, the sculpt seems to hinder upwards articulation and it doesn't look right when it's down.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-14-2002, 07:33 AM
I don't have this figure, but judging by the pics he also have some problem with the movement in his left arm.

That and the lack of real holsters kept me from not buying this fig. Hope the new Pilot Jango comes with removable headgear, helmet, real holsters and both backpacks. Otherwise i'll have to buy FB Jango anyway.

:)

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 06:01 AM
The left arm has normal articulation at the shoulder and doesn't appear to be hampered by anything, but the arm itself is a little extra fat at the wrist to accept the fire missile and the hand is at an odd angle. The strange thing is, Hasbro widened the left wrist weapon system to accomodate the missile and this is at a different angle than the arm itself, it's like it's jutting away from the rest of the wrist cuff.

cujo fett
06-15-2002, 06:54 AM
if you have a stand for this figure, try posing him in a falling over position with no head, it looks better this way
plus, it actually is his final moment

FETT
06-15-2002, 03:51 PM
i was thinking about getting this figure, but it seems that that reviews are pretty much mixed....but for the hardcore FETT collector these little details shouldn't really matter...from what i've seen, it looks to be a really cool figure and the fact that his head can get chopped off only adds to the fun...:D

too bad its nowhere to be found here in canada..any1 know when it might get here??..i heard it was due out with the bespin wave which has arrived here...that reminds me...bespin vader totally bites too......damn light sabre broke as soon as i touched it..!!....:frus:

Darth Annexis
06-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Ah c'mon...you don't like that head falling off thing? I got mine the saturday before the movie opened up and when I took my spare figure out of the package, his head fell off...I had not known that Jango would loose his head ...but I knew it then...