PDA

View Full Version : A new Kyle would be awesome

Darth_Maul25SW
06-12-2002, 10:26 PM
yes Kyle Katarn I mean. I new one would be sweet. With Bespin Luke like articulation and weapons from Jedi Outcast. Ooooh and I'd kill for a sweet looking Shadow Trooper or Reborn. But it seem Hasbro is gonna stay away from video game characters and the expanded universe all together.

187-Maul
06-13-2002, 09:13 AM
a new Kyle would really be cool
especially with great articulation

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 02:28 PM
A new Kyle is definitely needed. If they can find a reason to make the last 3 Mauls all EU, then they can certainly make a new Kyle!

He should come with a Hologram of Morgan Katarn and 4 weapons - JO lightsaber, more detailed Bryar, more detailed Wookiee Crossbow (people could give it to the new Chewie), and the JO disruptor rifle.

MikeAndTheBots
06-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
A new Kyle is definitely needed. If they can find a reason to make the last 3 Mauls all EU, then they can certainly make a new Kyle!

He should come with a Hologram of Morgan Katarn and 4 weapons - JO lightsaber, more detailed Bryar, more detailed Wookiee Crossbow (people could give it to the new Chewie), and the JO disruptor rifle.
I was thinking the saber, the bryar pistol, the repeater gun, a thermal detonator, and the disruptor but that's just me. My only problem with Hasbro making a reborn is that there were a bunch of different ones. I could imagine them making the basic one and leaving it for the customizers to make others. A Desann, Tavion, and Jan would be cool too but they wouldn't make that many characters from one EU thing unfortunately. DF/JK/JK2 had great action figure potential with the cool looking characters...

Darth_Maul25SW
06-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Yeah but what do you guys think about a Shadow Trooper! Man that would be too cool.

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Heck, with the larger bubbles, he could probably come with his whole arsenal from JO. :D Well maybe:
Bryar pistol
Disruptor Rifle
Crossbow (need a new good one)
2 Laser Mines with small magnets on the back to latch onto surfaces and thin rods that can slide into them for the "laser beam". (Kinda like the lightsaber blades on the Saga figs)
Thermal Detonator
and of course, his lightsaber. :cool:

A 2-pack with him and a Reborn would be sweet and all those accessories listed above. If you wanted a different Reborn you could just repaint it, they pretty much looked the same. A 2nd 2-pack with Tavion and Jan would be cool, or Jan and Desann. Since we got the Stormtrooper 4-pack at the FC, we don't need any Stormtroopers to be released with them.

JO is an awesome game and I'm suprised LucasArts hasn't had Hasbro acknowledge that with a small figure series for it.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Yeah i agree! When the first EU Katarn came out i was really looking forward to get it, but passed since it wasn't based on Dark Forces 2 and, frankly, his articulation sucked.

So a new Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn would be a really great idea. And while Hasbro's at it, release a Jerec and one of those cool Dark Jedi from Jedi Outcast.

:)

MikeAndTheBots
06-13-2002, 06:52 PM
Good idea on the two packs LTBasker, but I think it should be more:
Kyle (accessories you listed) and Jan (w/ stormtrooper rifle)
Tavion (w/ lightsaber) and Desann (w/ lightsaber)
Reborn (w/ lightsaber) and Shadow Trooper (w/ lightsaber and removable crystal)

This way, you can get all the major characters and you could make a small army of reborn and shadow troopers without needing to get a ton of Kyles...

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 06:57 PM
True.

I think the figures would do very well with kids too if even if they didn't know who they were because of the lightsabers. And what kid wouldn't want a big dino guy with a lightsaber? :D

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 03:26 AM
I'd love more and better figures from Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Outcast. Kyle would be a MUST, but I'd want all the dark Jedi from Jedi Knight!!!

Darth Evil
06-14-2002, 06:32 AM
I'd love a new Kyle, but if they made one, they'd have to do a couple of other EU figures, so hpoefully they will!

SNAYSON
06-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Maul25SW
Yeah but what do you guys think about a Shadow Trooper! Man that would be too cool.

do you have a pic of this shadow trooper? i'd like to see it.

Darth_Maul25SW
06-14-2002, 01:34 PM
Sorry no pics of the Shadow Trooper. They basically look like black stormtroopers with lightsabers.

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 10:26 AM
He should have all three lightsabers that he's used:
-Morgan's green one
-Yun's yellow one
-The blue one

He should DEFINITELY be well-poseable, maybe so we could put him into the three saber stances in the game.

Lt Kettch
06-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Kyle would be sweet, how about Jedi Knight 2 two pakcs like this new Kyle and Jan Ors, Desann and Tavion, Lando and Galak Fyyar, and an army building dream new pose Strormtrooper and Swamp Trooper.