PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just found news 2

OneArmedJango
06-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Welcome all. This is just a second part to the old thread. Since that thread got shut down I felt it was up to me to keep it alive. First off I would like to thank KiValleyTiger for starting the other thread and being so good at keeping it up.

Now, the reason why the other thread got shut down is b/c people were trading & selling so if you guys want to do that it is cool with me, just keep it in the PM's so we can keep this thread going as long as we can. :D

So now its up to us to keep L.A. on the map and post as much as we can!

So, just do what you guys were doing in the last thread but keep the selling to the PMs or E-mail.

-One

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Thank you for starting this thread OAJ. :)

So there's as little confusion as possible about my take on all this, I'm going to reiterate again I've been trying to say for days now:

*- The previous thread IS closed due to all the trading/buying/selling (see post #1426 in the other thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=109055#post109055) for more)

*- Nobody - not the author, not the posters - is "in trouble" because of the trading/buying/selling situation.

*- The "chit-chat" is a moot point in my book, it IS a problem in that it makes a bit of a mess of a Just Found thread, but I was NOT trying to stop it.

-JT

Wonderboy
06-13-2002, 01:52 AM
We've moved the Los Angeles Area thread to this link...please come join us at our new home!

Here you can talk about whatever you want to...new finds and area reports, chit chat, wishlists, buying, selling, trading whatever, and best of all, there won't be any "tricks" ;)

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Very mature Wonderboy, and since those threads you started have NO just found info in them, they've been closed, saved for proof of your immature forum-abusing behavior, and deleted. You are welcome to post Just Found material on this site, you are even allowed to chit-chat in this thread when even remotely relevant, but to start multiple threads like a child throwing a temper-tantrum, that's ridiculous.

And you can't even claim it's censorship because I didn't delete your post above that has the EXACT same text as your threads. It could BARELY be construed as relevant here, but that's it. It's post padding and it's wasting the Just Found forum's time. You want to pull that stuff, find another forum that will allow it.

Wonderboy
06-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Thanks for joining us over at Rebelscum OneArmedJango! We are GLAD to have you!

Beast
06-13-2002, 02:27 AM
That's pretty childish Wonderboy. To spam/post pad all those useless threads linking to rebelscum just because you don't like a decision that was made. The thread was getting out of hand, I could see that just from reading back a few pages of it. I wondered why it was so long, and know I know. I don't always see eye to eye with JT on everything Star Wars, but I agree with his decision this time. That thread needed to be closed. Just be happy that it wasn't deleted. You did agree to abide by the rules of the forum when you signed up, and you agree to the same over at that other place. :p :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 02:29 AM
Well, here I am. This new home LOOKS familiar...but it feels different.

OneArmedJango
06-13-2002, 09:36 AM
I know this is different, smaller, but with every ones help we can makes this thread as big and as good as the last one. I will still be doing my daly posts here and every one is welcome to post ANY news on just found items. Together we can start a new now that "The Posting Wars" are over.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 11:16 AM
I'm afraid, Jango, that you are mistaken.

Begun, the Posting Wars have.

KiValleyTiger
06-13-2002, 11:19 AM
Wow, I didn't read the forum until just now. The last time I posted, I mentioned something to JT and now look what happened.
Anyway, since I started the other thread a while back, I think I'm allowed to say few things. I'm just sad that it has to end this way, but I'm glad that OAJ started a new one because I don't want this LA Just found to end. I have no problem posting my found everywhere, as a matter of fact, I started by posting both at SSG and Rebelscum. They both are good, the only reason I stopped doing it at Rebelscum is because I hate to do the cut and paste on the post (I have to do the samething on both). And I picked SSG with no reason at all.
I don't mind all the extra stuffs in the thread, but SSG probably does and I don't have problem with that. The only problem that I have, I don't want all of you that already start helping each other through this thread is stop helping because of this. I started this thread with CHL because we feel the need of helping each other. So far it produces. CHL mentioned the other day about this and he is very happy about it. So I'll try to post my finds where ever you guys are, don't worry. Until, SSG ban me, I'll still post it here and also if some of you are going to Rebelscum, I'll do my cut and paste again because I want those guys who goes there to know also.

So please calm down and have fun. Happy hunting.

On the Just found post:
It looks like SM Mandarake is stocking with old figs. I saw C7 (too bad) Red carded Obiwan with Holo ($10) which I didn't see it last time. And I still saw plenty of 12" Aurra Sing at SM Border, I'm surprised no one buys that for $19.99. Very nice fig.
Now I'm off to SM TRU.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I feel the samw way, KVT. I'll be stratling the fence for as long as I can hold out.

KiValleyTiger
06-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Chaddymac, thanks.

Now for more interesting news:
SM TRU got 6-8 cases of Massiff wave, so plenty of them this morning and the scalpers weren't there either, only 2 other SW collectors. CHL, I got one Massiff for you.
Other than that, nothing new, no Unleashed, but they got more shipment of the Marvel Legends (I don't know why I'm posting it here :crazed: ).

Happy hunting.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Is the Massif wave the same one with Palpatine?

KiValleyTiger
06-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Chaddymac
Is the Massif wave the same one with Palpatine?

No, this case has QGJ, Massiff, RETrooper, OFT, DJ w/ no pipe text and I think ZW.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Oh. Arighty. I can save myself a trip then. When made my massive trip to Lancaster I picked these puppies up at the Wal-Mart. Thanks!!

Mnkyskater
06-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Jar Jar, where the hell did you come from. I have never seen you post here before so stay out of our buisness

tattooed sith
06-13-2002, 02:45 PM
ok wow this is all maddness I mean I thought we were here to help one another..........Im not getting involved in any of this mess.....But I will say no wonder why collectors have a horrible reputation look at how we behave....

Anyhow nothing new at PR TRU couple yodas but same old stuff

kb northridge nothing of interest except 12 inch clone troopers we weere all there like monkeys awaitng our free food and al ran in like roaches when the lights come on but no treasure for us......

maybee next time

anyone finding and of the han chewie obi wan wav....

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-13-2002, 02:57 PM
hey cahddy mack when were you at wal-mart?

Beast
06-13-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Mnkyskater
Jar Jar, where the hell did you come from. I have never seen you post here before so stay out of our buisness
Excuse me, but I don't believe you dictate the forums. I was posting becuase last night Wonderboy post pad spammed the forums with 20+ links to rebelscum, in every forum area. So, If you don't mind, I will post where I chose. The end. :p :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Brett--I went on...Sunday? Yes, Sunday. I drve out there after I heard the report that there were TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders in them thar hills.

TheRupert
06-13-2002, 05:17 PM
JarJarBinks is one of those fellahs who loves to put his nose in EVERYONES business...if you look around the boards, you will see he is ALWAYS annoying the heck out of people with his UNWANTED comments etc. He's one of those "I know it all" fellahs...there is one in EVERY bunch. This place just has about 300 of them.

Turbowars
06-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Hi, can I say something, or will I have to stand in the corner. This thread was fine and who cares if it was big or small. What happened was, one person didn't like what was happening and that person decided to use a trick and he show it last night about 10 hours ago. The best Thread gone in thin air. We had a good time, and I'm not going to stop having fun now. Some people shouldn't even be in here, like the one's that don't live in LA.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Turbo, I have to disagree with your ascertion that only LA members should be in the thread. LA gets stuff at roughly the same time as other places along the west coast. If other west coasteners want to try to guage when something's going to arrive there, they might be curious to see what we found. Also, since LA receives things before a lot of places further east, people in other parts of the country might want to know when things have begun hitting shelves so they know when to start hunting and what to look for.

There are lots of reasons somone who's not from LA would want to read this thread. It's not fair to say they aren't welcome.

Mnkyskater
06-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Rupert, i couldnt have put it better
I dont know how to do that fancy quote thing he doese but he said and i quote "I was posting becuase last night Wonderboy post pad spammed the forums with 20+ links to rebelscum, in every forum area. So, If you don't mind, I will post where I chose. The end." So, because Wonderboy did somehting, you had to copy him? that logic doesnt fly here my friend

Mnkyskater
06-13-2002, 05:55 PM
In the above post its "does" not "doese"

Mnkyskater
06-13-2002, 06:02 PM
One more thing,
I may be wrong but that thread was like the longest thread in ssg history. Way to kill a living ledgend JediTricks. While your killing legends, lets shoot Peter Rose, Magic Johnson, Joe Montana and any other legends

Beast
06-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mnkyskater
Rupert, i couldnt have put it better
I dont know how to do that fancy quote thing he doese but he said and i quote "I was posting becuase last night Wonderboy post pad spammed the forums with 20+ links to rebelscum, in every forum area. So, If you don't mind, I will post where I chose. The end." So, because Wonderboy did somehting, you had to copy him? that logic doesnt fly here my friend
Ok, I was going to ignore this thread, but I wanna comment one more time. I posted once, in support of why JediTricks closed the old thread, and deleted the post padding spam garbage that Wonderboy tossed all over the forums. I am not post padding, nor spamming by posting once. If I was going to copy Wonderboy, wouldn't I have to post 20+ times the exact same message and scatter it all over the forums? That's just a silly argument from you guys. If you don't like my comments, ignore them. No skin off my nose, just because you can't handle it. :) And to all of you in L.A., good luck hunting. It's nice to see you guys trying to help each other out. Hopefully you find everything you are looking for. Just remember the 3 rules, shop early, shop late, and shop often. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OneArmedJango
06-13-2002, 06:26 PM
I would like to be the first person to welcom the new people to this thread. When this thread was made it was for people in the L.A. area to talk about what they have found and ware to get it. If you don't live in this area I don't mind you posting, just try not to go to far off subject. For the people in the L.A., when you post try to use the "Post subject" option so that if people are looking for only the L.A. stuff they can find it E.Z.er. O.K.? thanks for lisining.
-One

Deoxyribonucleic
06-13-2002, 06:35 PM
First off, I'm in LB which is part of LA county therefore, I pay LA taxes and I believe I'm worthy of posting here :) :) ;):p :crazed:

Second, NOTHING today. Stopped off at target in Norwalk - nothing. TRU Cerritos - NOTHING except royal guards as peg warmers if anyone is looking to build armies and KB LB Town Center - nothing to mention either. Ah well, hopefully soon :) :)

Third, I'm just glad this thread is still alive!

Oh yeah, I also go to school there :sur: and hope to eventually work at ye 'ol LA County Coroner so I THINK that makes me eligible here.:confused: :cool: in the LA sun

Snatch
06-13-2002, 06:54 PM
i dont live in LA...but i sure do like people from la!

OneArmedJango
06-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
First off, I'm in LB which is part of LA county therefore, I pay LA taxes and I believe I'm worthy of posting here :) :) ;):p :crazed:

Second, NOTHING today. Stopped off at target in Norwalk - nothing. TRU Cerritos - NOTHING except royal guards as peg warmers if anyone is looking to build armies and KB LB Town Center - nothing to mention either. Ah well, hopefully soon :) :)

Third, I'm just glad this thread is still alive!

See people. This is what this thread is all about. Good job! And its ok to post if you are in So cal as well.:)

Snatch
06-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Im not in SoCal...can I post? Also, would you like to check out my collectors club? Its the place to be!

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 07:26 PM
This isn't funny. I don't think any homosexuals on any board with any interest anywhere would appreciate the level of blatant and unabated mocking you are displaying here, Snatch.

Snatch
06-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Excuse me? I think you are mistaken! I am mocking no one! I'm simply trying to make friends. Since I've registered on this board all I have gotten is grief! Fine then. I'll just leave.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Cute.

stillakid
06-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Afternoon report from TRU WH: the pegs are slimming so I would expect a new shipment in to that store anytime soon.

WH Target (yesterday): Full pegs but none of the newest stuff. I

I haven't seen Unleashed yet anywhere.

stillakid
06-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Also, I found a very very RARE item at my local comic book shop today. Not action figure related, but certainly of note for die-hard collectors.

Apparently in 1983, Lucasfilm toyed with the idea of opening up a chain of Star Wars related stores in the vain of the current swath of Warner Bros. stores. It was to be called the "Jedi Adventure Center." The farthest it ever got was a kind of Press Kit which detailed the store layouts and other items that would be included in the stores. It seems that only about 5 of these were made and exist. One of them just landed in Woodland Hills from a former executive of Lucasfilm.

Again, this is really rare and as a result quite pricey. I assure you that I have nothing to do with this item or the store (other than popping in from time to time) so there's really nothing in it for me. I just want to pass along the info to you guys in case somebody has interest in this sort of thing. Email or PM me for more details.

If anyone has a contact # for Steve Sansweet, I'd love to have it. This seems to be an item that he might be interested in having if he doesn't already. Thanks!

OneArmedJango
06-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Hello all, Today was an O.K. day for hunting. But lets get in to it and you'll see what I mean.

Santa Monica K.B.: They dident have any thing at all. all the pegs were full so I'm not shure but I don't think they will get in any thing new for a few days, but I will go back tomarrow to see if any thing is new.

Santa Monica TRU: Yes they did get a new shipment in, but nothing was left. Its not faire, see I go to Santa Monica High school so I don't get out of school till 3:08 and by then all the good stuff is gone. It stinks. But I did happen to get the last "Misska" (I know thats spelled wrong) so that was a good thing. They also had one or two "Orn Free Tea" left and about five "ERS" when I left.

O.K. thats all from me today I will post tomarrow.
-One

OneArmedJango
06-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Oh yah sorry.

Puzzle Zoo: They dident have any thing new. WOW!

Turbowars
06-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Snatch
Excuse me? I think you are mistaken! I am mocking no one! I'm simply trying to make friends. Since I've registered on this board all I have gotten is grief! Fine then. I'll just leave. Hey Snatch, there are a lot of judgemental people on these forums, you might want to tone it down a little. I don't care if you are gay, but some members do and you really shoudn't type the word gay. Jedi tricks said not to use Gay on the forums. With that said welcome.

goldwizz
06-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Just Found: Nothing New

On a side note and since Jedi tricks has somewhat no problem with chit chat:

I have a friend who is gay goes by the name TheOnlyGayJedy who lives in Las Vegas but will soon be in Los Angeles. I asked him if he would be offended if someone who is not gay used the word gay in a joke. He said it depended on how it was said but would probably not be offended by it. He also said its wrong for a person to judge what another could say whether gay or not.
:confused:

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 10:48 PM
Before even reading anything in this thread, I'm just going to post my LA-area just founds:

- Duarte Wal-Mart: A metric TON of Luke Bespin wave, one Endor Rebel Trooper.

- Azusa TRU: A half-dozen POTJ Imp Officers, a few Queen Decoys, a Tessek, and a few more POTJ figs. At $4.99 each, I grabbed one Imp officer. RID Scourge was there too, half a dozen of 'em. Also, this TRU gave me the second TRU exclusive mini-comic.

- Azusa Wal-Mart: A few of Luke Bespin wave and a LOT of Orn Free Taas and Endor Rebel Soldiers, at $4.77 I grabbed one ERS and one Orn, but suggest if you go there, check your Orns for funky eye paint, LOTS of that.

Chaddymac
06-13-2002, 11:04 PM
JediTricks, do you collect Transformers too, or was that just a random "Covering all the bases" comment about the RiD Scourge?

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 11:22 PM
No, I collect TFs too, Scourge is awesome even without electronics of Laser Prime, but this US release has a stress point on the base I don't like caused by the base's auto-deploy springs being too strong. I started a thread on Figures.com about it a few mins ago, but I bet I'll get more response in MISC here. ;)

Originally posted by goldwizz
On a side note and since Jedi tricks has somewhat no problem with chit chat:

I have a friend who is gay goes by the name TheOnlyGayJedy who lives in Las Vegas but will soon be in Los Angeles. I asked him if he would be offended if someone who is not gay used the word gay in a joke. He said it depended on how it was said but would probably not be offended by it. He also said its wrong for a person to judge what another could say whether gay or not.
:confused: Hey Goldwizz, you know Rictor too? I've known him for a decade now, he's never really bristled much at that one, he's a strong guy (unless you suggest, as I did, that the potential literary agent he's considering going with *might be* a crook... :eek: ).

However, as for our forumites, 10 months ago on these then-new forums we had a bloodbath about that term being used in a disparing way and SirSteve ended up adding it to the auto-censor for a while until I thought it was safe to take off. I'll try to find relavent threads and post them here.

UPDATE - here's evidence of the problem before, my explanation from then is in the 6th post, but I can't yet find the threads that caused the trouble, SirSteve may have deleted them: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=867

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by KiValleyTiger
I'm just sad that it has to end this way, but I'm glad that OAJ started a new one because I don't want this LA Just found to end. I have no problem posting my found everywhere, as a matter of fact, I started by posting both at SSG and Rebelscum. They both are good, the only reason I stopped doing it at Rebelscum is because I hate to do the cut and paste on the post (I have to do the samething on both). And I picked SSG with no reason at all.
I don't mind all the extra stuffs in the thread, but SSG probably does and I don't have problem with that. The only problem that I have, I don't want all of you that already start helping each other through this thread is stop helping because of this. I started this thread with CHL because we feel the need of helping each other. So far it produces. CHL mentioned the other day about this and he is very happy about it. So I'll try to post my finds where ever you guys are, don't worry. Until, SSG ban me, I'll still post it here and also if some of you are going to Rebelscum, I'll do my cut and paste again because I want those guys who goes there to know also.

So please calm down and have fun. Happy hunting.
Since you did start that previous one, let me respond to your comments: I'm glad you are going to stay here for now, I remember when I was modding at BHC and saw you doing both sites, you are a great reporter on Just Found stuff.

I can't imagine why anybody keeps mentioning banning over this LA-area thing, it's not on the table, it's not been threatened - I swear! I am genuinely confused as to that belief that people's bridges have to be burned or they'll get in trouble - I sincerely don't get that. Everybody is welcome to come and have fun and create a community here.

Also, I am genuinely confused about some people's assertion that the other thread closing had anything to do with chit-chat - it did NOT. In no way at all. Chit-chat is fine, I threw in the towel about that weeks ago, I let it go, chit-chat away, NOBODY is in trouble for chit-chat, I'm chit-chatting right now, if you chit-chatted here you'd be chit-chatting by now.

Look, I know you guys are a community here, I know you guys built something big, but we've never had a thread that big before and while these forums seem pretty robust and showed no problems over this, we honestly don't know how much more it could take (our old UBB ones couldn't take more than 50 pages before they glitched out, our previous hand-made ones only took around 75 pages IIRC). Besides the main concern over trading/buying, I was told that it was too big and it had to be closed.

If we can come to an agreement about how things would work, I may be able to convince SirSteve to allow Collectors Club-style stuff here under certain conditions, but one thing it would definitely be contingent on letting others freely post LA-area just found threads outside this one. So does anybody want to work with me on this proposal, or am I wasting my time?

plasticfetish
06-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by goldwizz
He said it depended on how it was said but would probably not be offended by it. He also said its wrong for a person to judge what another could say whether gay or not.
:confused:

OK ... rant going down, so ...

I was pretty much going back into long term "lurk and peep" mode given the way this has all evolved ... or de-evolved as it would seem.

First ... The "gay" thing. The issue was, as I see it, a small one that got blown WAAAAAY out of proportion. It had less to do with it being used "hatefully" than it did with it being ... (to be tactful here) ... not the best choice of words. (You know, it's funny when the kids on South Park say it, because we know that they are indirectly making fun of the misuse of the word, but on this BBS it's better to avoid it.) I think a big problem was that the person who used/misused that word could have been asked "nicely" via a private e-mail not to use it again. To do it publicly isn't the most tactful way and as it turns out ... created a huge "disturbance in the force". (It would have been nice if the "problems" hadn't happened to begin with ... I'm sure JediTricks will agree the most since he has absorbed the majority of the silly cr*p for what ever reason.)

Second ... C'MON guy ... the "snatch" thing is just too obtuse. SUBTLETY is the key to good humor or satire. I think the use of the "Queen" Amidala icon was very funny, but the rest was lame.
Oh yeah ... and it was immature, petty, snotty and generally the kind of thing I would expect from someone who got their feelings hurt but was way to proud to just apologize and take some lumps for having exhibited bad form.

You know, last night I registered over at the rebelscum forums. But now, I think I may just pass.

Third ... it was cute to be involved with BBS bickering back in '94 when I first got back in to using the funny little computing machine and my 1200 baud modem ... but now it's simply boring and annoying. You're giving toy collectors, Star Wars collectors and Southern Californians a bad name. You're acting like complete and childish nerds and I am frankly amazed because I initially thought the lot of us where way better than this. Oh well ... I know some if not most still ARE so I'm not going to pass judgment ... blah blah blah.

Fourth ... I feel bad for the people that did and do still want to see this sort of thing work. OneArmedJango seems like a good kid (sorry about "kid" I don't mean to belittle you or your age) and I think it took some dedication and a little bit of courage to try and pull this thing back together. I'm not sure I agree with the basic principal that closing the other thread and starting this one solved any problems. I'm not sure there were any genuine problems ... but it appears there are a few now.

Okey Dokey guys and gals. Good Luck to yah.
I have a feeling I'll probably be bumping into Deoxyribonucleic
and not knowing it from time to time ... I'm glad to find out it's OK for you to post in the "LA area" thread being that you live in the LA area and all (Coroner ... that's pretty creepy.) I'm sure I'll be bumping into all of you at one time or another.

-pf

(( ahhh ... And then JediTricks said the "TF" word ... Scourge was very cool but I find that ALL of the springs/firing buttons are a little touchy ... Big eye hazard. I've been looking for the KB Megatron and Storm Jet for weeks. I read that Supreme Air Attack Optimus Primal has hit town (TRU Torrance) it looks very cool. ))

BlueSnags
06-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Picked up an extra Jedi Starfighter Obi Wan today at Sun Valley Target during the afternoon. I'm assuming they had Han and Chewie earlier, so start checking the Targets if you need those figures.

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 12:41 AM
First: Since it concerns indirectly this thread, it's been brought to my attention that over on the thread Wonderboy created on Rebelscum, someone is impersonating me using my username. This is absolutely not me, I was asleep when it happened and I have never said anything like "YOU MUST RESPECT ME AND THE SITE!", anybody who has seen me in Moderator action should know that I accept that not everybody here will respect me as a person or as a moderator, nor will everybody respect this site, and it's never been my place to demand such respect. I think we (myself, the forumites, the moderators, the site) all earn whatever respect we get, but some folks will just not like us no matter what and there's no way to change that.

Also, while at one time I did moderate the CollectStarWars BHC forums, I eventually could not find time for them and retired from there, but this was weeks before CSW and RS merged. Unless I missed a meeting, SirSteve and I aren't working with RS in any way. However, both Membraneman and Musasa have been my friend for over a year, and I think they deserve a lot of credit and respect for the moderating they do there, so please try to respect their forums and their rules - we may not see eye to eye about everything, but it seems very wrong to mess up another site simply because you're mad at this one. (Of course, it seems wrong to mess up this site too.)

---

Plasticfetish, you're right about me admonishing Turbowars about the "Gay" thing in public, I'm sorry to everybody about that. I never thought he was trying to be hurtful either, it was just a big SSG policy that we got a mountain of complaints over a while back and I wanted to let him know that SirSteve would be quick to action over the issue if someone else complained. This isn ot an excuse, but as an explanation, it's just been so busy around here lately that I rarely have time to check and see if a user is accepting PMs or emails (since not all are) and then, if they are, write up a polite warning letter letting them know about SSG policy and how they are risking some admin trouble if they continue.

Also, PF is absolutely right, during all this stuff last night, OneArmedJango came to me several times to make sure it was OK to start a new LA thread even though I posted it was - he wanted to make sure no toes were stepped on and I'm glad he took the initiative.

As for Scourge, you're right, those smaller missiles in the 5-missile shooter went FLYING when I wasn't looking. The stomp-rocket, I can't get to launch, but the base and the mini-missiles are friggin' ICBMs! I'm also looking for KB Megs and vaguely looking for Storm Jet (I already have Jetstorm in both sizes, so I'm not THAT concerned). I read the review of Supreme Primal over on www.bwtf.com and everything but the clear forearms and the painted butt looks really good, so I can't wait to find that... though financially, I have to. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
06-14-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
Okey Dokey guys and gals. Good Luck to yah.
I have a feeling I'll probably be bumping into Deoxyribonucleic
and not knowing it from time to time ... I'm glad to find out it's OK for you to post in the "LA area" thread being that you live in the LA area and all (Coroner ... that's pretty creepy.) I'm sure I'll be bumping into all of you at one time or another.

How will we know....HOW WILL WE EVER KNOW?????

That's why we need those SSG t-shirts everyone was talking about awhile back!

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Dang, I forgot to mention another find that I *just* remembered!

Deluxe Nexu: Wal-Mart Duarte had, oh, a billion of these. Seriously though, half a dozen at least. Wal-mart Azusa had 1.

Chaddymac
06-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Tricks: If you happen upon Megabolt, would you let me know? I have no idea WHY this guy is taking so long to show up. And as far as Scourge, I haven't opened mine yet, so I don't know anything about his weapons. I have Black Convoy, though, and I don't remember having to worry about the missiles firing on me behind my back. I probably would have just stuck with BC, but the Decepticon symbols and the bood red transparent plastic convinced me to go ahead and invest. By the way, what area of LA do you frequent?

As far as Star Wars is concerned: I've seen the Geonosian Warrior/Qui-Gon wave increase in volume, but I have YET to see the Pilot Obi-Wan wave anywhere near me. I'll be checking the LaC TRU on my may to work this morning, so I'll see if I find anything then.

KiValleyTiger
06-14-2002, 11:13 AM
I haven't checked the Forums at night for several days, so here's my late response:

....could take (our old UBB ones couldn't take more than 50 pages before they glitched out, our previous hand-made ones only took around 75 pages IIRC). ...
Aha, now I know the real reason we have to close the other thread :D (hey, I'm a computer programmer, I made the same mistake).

If we can come to an agreement about how things would work, I may be able to convince SirSteve to allow Collectors Club-style stuff here under certain conditions, but one thing it would definitely be contingent on letting others freely post LA-area just found threads outside this one. So does anybody want to work with me on this proposal, or am I wasting my time?
I'm with this, since it is hard not to have extra stuffs in it and it seemed it built the community by telling what they found.

So let's keep posting our news/finds and break their software (I love doing this to my programs).

Happy hunting.

KiValleyTiger
06-14-2002, 12:24 PM
SM TRU, nothing new. There were 3 Yodas but they were swept by our regular scalpers!

SM KB, finally I found Luke with bloody stump! Yes!
They had 3 of them, 5 with magnetic peg (2nd var.). I was able to get only 2, one SW collector got the other. CHL, I got yours!
I was surprised, these Lukes are in better card condition than the one I found at TRUs. So plenty of good carded DVs.
The good thing is that the scalpers weren't there (who cares). They also had plenty of Ultimate JFs.

So it looks like KBs are getting the older cases. So hunt this figs at places where it hasn't showed up yet.

Happy hunting.

Mnkyskater
06-14-2002, 01:02 PM
KB Sherman Oaks has about a dozen of each of the clone troopers exclusives. The stock boy said they had another dozen of each in the back also so that kb is the place. If anyone really wants one, ill head over there and get you one just pm me

BlueSnags
06-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Picked up the last two Unleashed Jango Fett and Darth Mauls this morning at TRU Burbank.

GroundskeeperWillie
06-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Wow, crazy stuff going on this board--OneArmedJango, thanks for restarting what was a good thing. I missed out on this thread for most of its 95+ pages, only joining in at the suggestion of CHL about 2 months ago. It's a great resource and I hope people can continue to use it the way it was meant to be used. I agree with the poster who mentioned that 'Just Found' and trading go hand in hand--that's the give and take of people in the same area who have a general idea of what everyone else on the thread is looking for. Hopefully that won't be a problem, provided there is judicious use of PM so as not to clutter the thread.

Wonderboy, I will sign on at Rebelscum forums because I figure that's where you and JodyB (and others) will be hanging your hats in the future, and I want to stay in touch with you (especially with the RPG looming on the horizion--is next weekend a go?) I hate having to look at forums on two different sites--I just don't have the time generally--but I will do so in order to keep in touch with all the guys I've enjoyed dealing with on the old thread.

That's all from me--as far as the obligatory 'Just Found' content, I've been in upstate NY for the last week and I was shocked not only that I used to live there (I don't remember all the girls being so fat and ugly--guess SoCal has spoiled me in that regard) but that I was ever able to find a damn thing toy-wise. Jees, you wouldn't even know there was a new movie out the way the toy aisles there are stocked. VERY disappointing--though I was finally able to transport my old green 'The Force' lightsaber out from my old house. The new sabers are cool and electronic and all, but nothing can compare with that old-school 'whoosh' those old straight-tube sabers used to make! WOO-HOOO!!

Alright, guys--that's all from me. Can we maybe do some sort of head-count so we'll know where people have all gone? I see KVT is still here, and it's pretty clear Wonderboy and Turbo have moved to Rebelscum. Where is CHL these days? Man, it's gonna suck if everybody scatters forever just because of a few people with bruised egos.

:cry:

Turbowars
06-14-2002, 05:37 PM
OK here's my 2 cents, If the amount of pages was the real reason that the thread was closed, why was if just brought up now? The GAY thing got blown way out and was not meant in a bad way. Like above in was used as in South Park. I don't hate anyone here, I just wish in was just a liitle more loose around here. I get off work and drive an hour home and I don't need someone giving me crap for a statment that was not a big deal. I come here to relax and to talk to my friends, bt it seems someone always gets bent. I'll still post here and a other sites, but it just doesn't seem the same. It seems that there were a few reasons why we got shut down and now it was something that was never brought up. Anyways, I'm losing interest in the Saga line and it seems the stores are to, so I havn't been looking. This whole thing has just been a drag.

figrin bran
06-14-2002, 06:34 PM
absolutely nothing in los feliz tru and glendale kay-bee. plus i cut my hunt short to get to the lakers parade :)

Wonderboy
06-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Hola all.

I'm trying to track down some Preview Clone Troopers.

Anyone seen any around?

OneArmedJango
06-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Hey guys whats going on? I only have one more week of school left!!! And that week is... finals :mad: Well lets get this started.

Santa Monica K.B.: They got in a new shipment!!!! They had alot of Bespin stuff! And I got Han and Chewwie! :D I'm soo happy! When I left they only had one Han left, sorry guys.

SM TRU: They dident really have any thing good but they did have Some costums but nothing good.

O.K. thats it for me! Talk to you all soon.
-One

OneArmedJango
06-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Hey, Welcom back Wounderboy! And Thanks Goundskeeperwillie!

Turbowars
06-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Hola all.

Anyone seen any around? DUDE! the Burbank TRU had a bunch about a week ago. Where were you and I thought you were banish. Welcome back. Did you see the new guy Snatch? He's a prett happy guy if you know what I mean?

Wonderboy
06-14-2002, 07:20 PM
hehehe

Im the prodigal son ;)

Anywho...I went to Burbank TRU today and they have NONE left.
Any other ideas? I'm screwed huh? I'm never going to find those things ever again...should of bought them when I saw them.

Yeah I saw that Snatch guy's threads...I heard they got closed down though.

Wonderboy
06-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if Porter Ranch TRU has Preview Troopers?

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 07:58 PM
I'll check at PR TRU for you tomorrow WB. The KB in Northridge mall had them last time I looked. They are waiting for your good lovin' you silly guy. We are a bunch of sell outs posting on this freakin site again. jk. Hey I was hoping snatch was a chick. Anyway how'd you get your ssg license back wb. Did you hit up downtown LA and get a fake one or what.

The One
06-14-2002, 08:07 PM
Very Dissapointed

The One-

Wonderboy
06-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Just for the record...I'm not "back". I'm just looking for Preview Clone Troopers. Nothing against those of you posting here...but I'm staying at Rebelscum.

Figurestasher - Call me.

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 08:09 PM
yeah we're a bunch of sell outs THE ONE. WB teased me and I had to post. My crappy @ss finds for the day are on rebelscum though.

The One
06-14-2002, 08:13 PM
Im not back either, Im posting to let all of you know Im also at Rebelscum. Also you'll notice I was banned, and was told by JediTricks in private messages that me and a few others are treading very fine lines and my next ban is permanent. SO you see what the master says so this name will probably be taken off very quickly. Its a power trip but what can you do. SirSteve gave this particular guy the power to control and a controlin hes a doin. SO you'll know why if I get permanently banned even though im not posting that it was all personal issues with JediTricks. OK thats my post ;)

The One-:evil:

Wonderboy
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
I was banned as well...and I'm not even sure why. I don't want to wonder if every time I post if that will be the last one I'm able to make...that's why I'm not coming back here...it's to unpredictable, and from what JediTricks says, the server might not be able to handle it if we all start posting here again...so it's probably best for the site if we stay away.:evil:

Qui-George
06-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Weel ,this is the reason that Sir Steve's has gone from the top SW toy site to middle of the pack, at best. Rebelscum, Yakface, and Artoosnews are eating his lunch on a regular basis. Well, that and the whole Toy Fair Vader episode on E-Bay. "Pay for batteries." Gotta do better than that. Oh well, as Vader said, " You're powers are weak,old man."

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 08:31 PM
wow what am I doing I thought I was on rebelscum posting.

alanladdjr
06-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Okay, I've been a lurker here on SSG since before it was SSG, and I just have to speak up and say something about what's been going on here.

The power trips that this JediTricks has been pulling are just sickening. Why are any of you still here? I'm not even a part of this community and it's driven me away.

I will never visit this site again because of JediTricks. It just makes me sick that he has the been able to destroy this thread. And then he lies to you all about it. It's sick and it's wrong.

OneArmedJango
06-14-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey guys. Is any one going to SM TRU tomarrow morning?
Just asking.

stillakid
06-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by alanladdjr
Okay, I've been a lurker here on SSG since before it was SSG, and I just have to speak up and say something about what's been going on here.

The power trips that this JediTricks has been pulling are just sickening. Why are any of you still here? I'm not even a part of this community and it's driven me away.

I will never visit this site again because of JediTricks. It just makes me sick that he has the been able to destroy this thread. And then he lies to you all about it. It's sick and it's wrong.

I'll do the opposite and stand up for his actions. This is a board for Just Found items. Extraneous activities were taking place here, including trading, selling and unrelated "chit chat." The express written policy of the board is that you keep the threads within the topic at hand, which none of those three things were doing. He went out of his way FOR YOU GUYS to allow the chit chat to continue despite it not being permitted here. The rules are in place in the attempt to keep the forums nice, neat and orderly. If you want to keep your own homes in disarray, that's your choice. But here, it is a simple request to keep things where they belong so that we can all find the information we're looking for easily. Having to wade through your banter makes it quite difficult to keep track of "Just Found" items, which is the true reason for this thread. If you want to chat amongst yourselves like a sewing circle, perhaps trading phone numbers would be a better option.

So your insults directed toward JediTricks are neither warranted nor appreciated by anyone. Your complaints toward him or to SSG in general have no basis in fact, so if your purpose is to undermine the integrity of this forum, you are failing miserably. Thus far, you've only been successful at making yourselves look petty and immature.

Money4Tricks
06-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Hey guys,

I am a long time reader of this post. I wasn't going to pst until I just read another guy threw his two cents in, so I was like why not. I agree with the general consensus of whats been said. I feel through a power drunk moderator, no names being said wouldn't want to get banned on my first day for rocking the boat, I feel through a power drunk moderator that he took a very nice thread with tons of information and because he felt like he was on the defensive he took it away from all the bad little children. The thing that bothered me most was that he had several different excuses, when one didnt hold, he had a new one. I may not be a poster but I have read every post. I encourage others like me and the other guy who are just readers I know there are alot of us, I encourage others to come now and voice your opinion! And if someone would be kind enough to give me the Rebelscum link where everyone went I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for listening,
from, the newguy

Money4Tricks
06-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

I'll do the opposite and stand up for his actions. This is a board for Just Found items. Extraneous activities were taking place here, including trading, selling and unrelated "chit chat." The express written policy of the board is that you keep the threads within the topic at hand, which none of those three things were doing. He went out of his way FOR YOU GUYS to allow the chit chat to continue despite it not being permitted here. The rules are in place in the attempt to keep the forums nice, neat and orderly. If you want to keep your own homes in disarray, that's your choice. But here, it is a simple request to keep things where they belong so that we can all find the information we're looking for easily. Having to wade through your banter makes it quite difficult to keep track of "Just Found" items, which is the true reason for this thread. If you want to chat amongst yourselves like a sewing circle, perhaps trading phone numbers would be a better option.

Hey all, one more thing,
I find Stillakids last post to be quite amuseing. As I said before I am a long time reader. Stillakid did you read what you just wrote? Now was that for the sites benefit or for JediTricks? As I recall you were one of the biggest whiners of all time on here and constantly looking for others to find you figures to trade with. At one point there was no bigger chit chatter with the most pointless things to say other then you. Go back and read posts in the first 50 pages, and then re-post something like what you just did. Only makes you look silly and pathetic. Now Im sure Ill get banned because you were sticking up for Jedi Tricks and anyone who crosses his path is done with, as we've seen. But in all seriousness Stillakid you have a good point, you just sound stupid saying it cause it just makes you look like a huge hypocrit. Anyone who reads these posts knows you were one of the biggest chatter bugs begging these guys that you are now turning your back on, to help you, which I know in several cases they DID! But true colors are bound to come out sooner or later am I right about that one guys?
From, the new guy

figrin bran
06-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Wonderboy,

they had tons of preview clone troopers at glendale kay-bee just a few weeks ago! anyways, i have one extra carded preview trooper if you are interested

stillakid
06-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Money4Tricks

Hey all, one more thing,
I find Stillakids last post to be quite amuseing. As I said before I am a long time reader. Stillakid did you read what you just wrote? Now was that for the sites benefit or for JediTricks? As I recall you were one of the biggest whiners of all time on here and constantly looking for others to find you figures to trade with. At one point there was no bigger chit chatter with the most pointless things to say other then you. Go back and read posts in the first 50 pages, and then re-post something like what you just did. Only makes you look silly and pathetic. Now Im sure Ill get banned because you were sticking up for Jedi Tricks and anyone who crosses his path is done with, as we've seen. But in all seriousness Stillakid you have a good point, you just sound stupid saying it cause it just makes you look like a huge hypocrit. Anyone who reads these posts knows you were one of the biggest chatter bugs begging these guys that you are now turning your back on, to help you, which I know in several cases they DID! But true colors are bound to come out sooner or later am I right about that one guys?
From, the new guy

Nothing could be further from the truth. Any comments I've made, save for the most recent, have been in regards to looking for or finding Hasbro or Star Wars products. This has not been the case recently with the postings in question.

My post was for the benefit of "the forum." JT is just doing his job. Whether you like the rules or not, does not give license to insult his character.

It's mighty interesting how many "new guys" are suddenly coming out of the woodwork with absolutely nothing to say except unkind words. Your motivations are all too clear. Just go on back where you came from and have a chit chat party over there. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove by insulting people on these boards. If you don't like it here, then leave. If you like it here and can follow rules, then stay. What's the big deal? Why make be petty and make such a big deal out of it?

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Stillakid, seriously it's a waste of time trying to argue with these characters involved in this thread. It just promotes them to start roasting on you like that Jar Jar guy. (Don't get all crazy JJ I'm only stating what happened.) For example having to wade through all JT's messages is quite difficult all the time for me, so join the club. We all gotta wade through something on this circus of a thread. Heck all these threads have chit chat and mild trading and stuff in them. It's just not worth getting all mad about it.

Oh what I mean by mild is someone says they got something to trade, but it's not like someone else is going I'll give you this and then someone else goes no I'll give you this and we got star wars ebay going on here. you know what I'm saying here guys? Its not like that or did I miss something.

Sorry The One I can't stop posting. I'll go back to the other site and post soon. WB got me started again, damn him.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Hola all.

Anyone seen any around?

KB Long Beach Town Center and TRU Long Beach at Cherry and Willow

:)

stillakid
06-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Stillakid, seriously it's a waste of time trying to argue with these characters involved in this thread. It just promotes them to start roasting on you like that Jar Jar guy. (Don't get all crazy JJ I'm only stating what happened.) For example having to wade through all JT's messages is quite difficult all the time for me, so join the club. We all gotta wade through something on this circus of a thread. Heck all these threads have chit chat and mild trading and stuff in them. It's just not worth getting all mad about it.

Oh what I mean by mild is someone says they got something to trade, but it's not like someone else is going I'll give you this and then someone else goes no I'll give you this and we got star wars ebay going on here. you know what I'm saying here guys? Its not like that or did I miss something.

Sorry The One I can't stop posting. I'll go back to the other site and post soon. WB got me started again, damn him.

God I hate extraneous chit chat here, and right now, I'm guilty of it as the next guy, so this will be my last.

The issues, I'm personally not too interested in. I can scroll past the banter without a problem. JT was being "roasted" quite unnecessarily and me, trying to be a decent human being, put myself in front of the train to defend him. It's one thing for someone with 1000+ posts to have a genuine issue with a Moderator, but when a "new guy" with 2 posts to his count suddenly shows up just to insult someone, it's a curiousity as to his motives. You can't help but get the idea that one of the disaffected here went around to the other sites to round up a lynch mob. The arguments that have been stated here in reference to JT have been without merit and I decided to let him know that not everyone here feels that way.

Money4Tricks
06-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Hey kissbutt, I mean Stillakid you're right, everyone has a right to their opinion. I'm currently looking through all the previous posts, copying and pasteing, should I show everyone who the OLD SCHOOL chit chat and BS king is? I think someone will look like a huge hipocrit. So what you're saying is if we dont have 1000 plus posts, we dont really have a valid opinion. Well shoot, I guess that means only you and Jedi Tricks do? So allll the guys that have been reading or posting since the beginning or for months that don't have 1000 plus posts like you and JediTricks shouldnt really speak up huh? Very nice way to put it. It's going to be funny watching you trying to get figures from all these guys. Hey maybe you should start a 1000 post plus collectors club where you and JT can be the founding and only members! You guys will be able to help each other out getting new figures and stuff, it will be great. Go read your old posts, JT is a super moderator, you should have the title SUPER WHINER! Hypocrit............
From, The new guyyyyyy (who's going to get banned for stating his opinion cause he disagrees with the moderator and doesnt have 1000 plus posts!)

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 10:24 PM
You have your right to say and do whatever you feel like stillakid as with everyone else here. Furthermore I have to ask you a question and then will not bother you with chit chat anymore, why was there so much complaining about trading here( most of it was new comers who seriosly didn't know any better)? and last but not least , why all of a sudden does the issue of the original LA found thread being to large for the servers or whatever come up for the main reason to close that thread? ONce again am I missing something here?

Thats why I decided to post elsewhere for the last few days.

Money4Tricks
06-14-2002, 10:24 PM
This message is mainly for JediTricks-

You made such a big deal about the last thread, but look, this one has 80 replies already, and about 4 posts are on new finds, LOL so what did you really accomplish! This one is soooo much further off YOUR guidelines then the last thread!
THE NEW GUYYYYY

Figurestasher
06-14-2002, 10:40 PM
well guys this thread has gone to hell just like the last one. $4tricks where did your ruthless @ss come from? Where do you live?

well JT should be on here any minute now with his gungan sidekick. Oh I'm goin to hear it for that one aren't I. Like I care.

For you people tired of our chitting and chatting here's my finds or what I used to write before my favorite thread got closed:

There is a whole case of Unleashed figs at Kmart on corbin in the valley.Dmauls and Jangos. They are probably still there. Nobody buddy shops there. Except I did post it on another site earlier.

PR TRU: Yoda, Dooku, Ani HD, vader etc.

PR WMT: same stuff vaders, maces, Jangos, royal guards

TGT on san Fernando mission and balboa: Nexu and Ani delux no good figures.

KB toys Topanga mall: 12" jangos for freakin $49.99 so I bought them! Yeah right! I ain't stupid

TRU woodland hills: pegwarmer city except they have Boshek and R4 M9 still, wow.

TGT on corbin: Nexu and Ani deluxes

PR longs drugs: EP2 pegwarmers you know the usual

Rite Aid near CSUN and the GH one: OLd POTF figs, Ugnaughts and 8D8 or is it EV 9D9

Deoxyribonucleic
06-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Rite Aid near CSUN and the GH one: OLd POTF figs, Ugnaughts and 8D8 or is it EV 9D9

Hehe....same here, the rite-aid near me has exactly the same and they are $7.99 I'm rushing to get them NOW :crazed:

OneArmedJango
06-14-2002, 11:47 PM
O.K. O.K. everyone just stop the fighting, it's just not cool. Just when "the post wars" start to end someone (not naming any names) come in and gets everyone worked up. I started this thread b/c I loved the first one and I dident want it to end that way. Now, I am not agreeing with JediTricks but, why don't we just all try to get along and we can keep this thread going as long (if not longer) then the other one. After all we are all here for one thing... STAR WARS!!!!!!!:D
-One

KiValleyTiger
06-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by OneArmedJango
Santa Monica K.B.: They got in a new shipment!!!! They had alot of Bespin stuff! And I got Han and Chewwie! :D I'm soo happy! When I left they only had one Han left, sorry guys.
[/B]

OAJ, now this is interesting. When I was there in the morning, they had new cases of Bespin wave with the bloody Luke. So they must have restocking it again with the Han wave. Nice found.

KiValleyTiger
06-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Like OAJ said, let's go back at what our main intention, collecting Star Wars. Happy hunting.

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 12:25 AM

OAJ, now this is interesting. When I was there in the morning, they had new cases of Bespin wave with the bloody Luke. So they must have restocking it again with the Han wave. Nice found.

Hye, thanks. Yah I'm glade I found them :) Is any one going to SM TRU tomarrow morning?

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 12:27 AM

PR TRU: Yoda, Dooku, Ani HD, vader etc.

PR WMT: same stuff vaders, maces, Jangos, royal guards

TGT on san Fernando mission and balboa: Nexu and Ani delux no good figures.

KB toys Topanga mall: 12" jangos for freakin $49.99 so I bought them! Yeah right! I ain't stupid

TRU woodland hills: pegwarmer city except they have Boshek and R4 M9 still, wow.

TGT on corbin: Nexu and Ani deluxes

PR longs drugs: EP2 pegwarmers you know the usual

Rite Aid near CSUN and the GH one: OLd POTF figs, Ugnaughts and 8D8 or is it EV 9D9 [/B]

For thouse of you who don't know, this is the kind of stuff you are suposed to post.

QPROD
06-15-2002, 12:37 AM
:mad: What's going on people. This used to be a cool place to hang out and post. It has become a battle ground. "Can't we all just get along?"

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 01:03 AM
I agree with you QPROD. I think JediTricks should ask Sir Steve him self to come on her and let us know what went wrong with the old thread, what we can do to keep this thread, and help us stop all the fighting. That way he could end "the post wars" right now.

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Chaddymac
Tricks: If you happen upon Megabolt, would you let me know? I have no idea WHY this guy is taking so long to show up. And as far as Scourge, I haven't opened mine yet, so I don't know anything about his weapons. I have Black Convoy, though, and I don't remember having to worry about the missiles firing on me behind my back. I probably would have just stuck with BC, but the Decepticon symbols and the bood red transparent plastic convinced me to go ahead and invest. By the way, what area of LA do you frequent? Sure thing, I'll be glad to mention RID just found in here too. KB is weird about their exclusives, I think they may have only one warehouse and it's back east, I remember both the Spider-Man Classics exclusives (Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man 2099) they got took the longest to get to LA even though they were solid cases.

Sounds like a good reason to invest in the Japanese Black Convoy, I wish I could have afforded it, I saw a bunch last time I was at F&S a few months ago. On the US Scourge, the 2 and 4 missiles aren't even pretending to stay in place any more, I'm probably gonna gut the springs entirely.

I'm out here in the Hollywood area, but I cover the Valley and lands east for shoppings since the Target in West Hollywood is nowhere near complete.

Aha, now I know the real reason we have to close the other thread :D (hey, I'm a computer programmer, I made the same mistake).

I'm with this, since it is hard not to have extra stuffs in it and it seemed it built the community by telling what they found.

So let's keep posting our news/finds and break their software (I love doing this to my programs).
Aren't programmers the ones who like to break stuff until they can't fix it? :D ;) Could you explain to some of these guys what I was talking about being overly-cautious about the previous thread? I'm not a programmer and really just have general concerns, I don't think I could put it into words (beyond what I said earlier, since "we had concerns based on unrelated older systems even though nothing seemed to be going wrong here" sounds kinda stupid :stupid: ).

As for what I see of the proposal, it'd be about being somewhat discrete (no "CRAZY GIDEON"-style posts) and kept to a close-knit group, not a mini-ebay thing. Newbies can be a part of this if you guys are ok with them, but again, this has to be all about cooperation, not competition. They don't even have to meet in person, but the point of collectors clubs is that the group's buying/selling/trading is done for fair-play, not profit. How does this sound so far? (PMs of additions/alternate concepts would be fine if you want to remain anonymous about the proposal.)

Also, this thread basically lays down what the Collectors Clubs part of these forums is about (posts 2 and 7 cover all the guidelines): http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60
So every collectors club on SSG, whether in that section or not, would obviously have to live up to those guidelines.

---

Thank you to those that want to stick up for me and the job I've been asked to do, but ultimately some folks are either going to let go of their dislike for me or not based on whatever reasons they have - nobody can change that and these posts appear to be more fuel for them to lash out. I'm sorry to see some folks think I'm "hungry for power", but I know inside me that it's not the case and that'll have to do because some folks aren't going to be convinced I'm anything but a jerk no matter how much I do this non-paying job the way SirSteve wants it done. I know I'm doing my best in an honorable way and I appreciate whatever support I get, but if they want to complain about me, they should do it by emailing SirSteve sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com with their complaints rather than using your posts against both you and me and wasting real LA Just Found readers' time.

---

OAJ, if you want me to ask SirSteve to come in and explain it himself, I will ask him, but let me remind you guys of his previous posts, the guy has always been... er, "frugal" ;) with his words so don't ask me for any guarantees. Also, with this thread as it is now, if he reads it, he might not agree about the "close-knit" nature of LA Just Found posters warranting a special outside-section collectors club, so I don't want to make that decision for you guys - you let me know how to handle it and I will do so as best I can.

Qui-George
06-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Sir Steve is just a man. He is not some sort of Star Wars deity . All I see here are a bunch of whiners , not Star Wars fans. You guys just need to show a little maturity. Do that and all your little spats and bickering will stop. I am moving all my finds to Rebelscum forums. These are tainted and not worth my time. You will not be missed.

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 01:08 PM
O.k. guys, this is it. The last big post from me for the week, so lets do this.

SM K.B.: I went over there today and they had the same stuff as yester day. All and all nothing really good.

SM TRU: AS I do every saterday, I went there when they opened. So... they had some "Orn Free Ta" a few "ERS" and a lot of "Massif", nothing I really needed thou.

Puzzle Zoo: They had all the same thing as the always do. But they did have about 3 Unleashed JangoFett.

So thats it from me. I still need the new Obi. If any one has any leads plz post.
-One

Turbowars
06-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Ok now that things are settling down now, you give us more guide lines for the collectors club. It's sickning. Anyways I went to Disney Land yesterday and I found a Clone trooper with no red dots, no Gray dots or those black marks or his chest. Pretty cool for 10 bucks.

OneArmedJango
06-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey Turbowars, good find. Did they have any of the Star Tours figs?

Turbowars
06-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by OneArmedJango
Hey Turbowars, good find. Did they have any of the Star Tours figs? No Star Tours stuff, I don't think they will be around for awhile. I think they are still in the making.

mark2d2
06-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Dang! This thread has gotten totally lame and off track. There really HAS been some serious powertripping going on as of late.

IT was so much fun before. But now, reading through this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It really was much ado about nothing. It's like "No CHIT CHAT!" And then we get people like JarJar who are no where near LA popping in with their two cents. It just fails to make any logical sense.

Uh, I'm annoyed and depressed. Stupidity truly does run rampant everywhere. I'm off to have a drink.

PS -- AS a gay man I was in no way offended by Snatch's handle about true colors and rainbows . . . Was he really banned because his screen name was Snatch? That's absurd! (I so hope it was not true.) I mean, Hello! It was the title of a hit movie! And nobody ever raised an eye brow at Quite Long Dong.

Oh, well. I'm out of here.

PS --- I went out today and found nada of interest.

Chaddymac
06-16-2002, 08:41 PM
mark, It was my impression that Snatch was using subtlety to **** off the management. I do not believe Snatch is gay and I do not believe his feelings were hurt. I do believe he was trying to rile up the thread and that's what makes me sick.

However, I'm just a poster with a strong feeling. Don't blame me if Snatch has been banned, although I don't think he has. I think it was just a alt-ID that's been discarded since someone called him on his game.

Turbowars
06-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Are you guys going to stop crying about what happened and have fun or is this going to be a lame debate thread? All some of you do is point fingers at each other and claim that you are the better person. I'd hate to leave, but it seems that might be the best thing if this keeps up. The problem I see is JT stretched the truth about why the thread was closed. Was it because I used the word GAY, or was it about us Chit Chatting, or was it the thread was getting too big, or was someone had a power trip? If it was the thread getting too big then why was it not discussed earlier? Anyways, I hope it over so we can all get back to having fun.

OneArmedJango
06-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Oh man. What has happened to this thread. The only reason why I joined SSG is b/c of the original L.A. thread, and now look and what it has become. MAN, just look at it. This was such a proud thread and now it barely has any thing to do with Star Wars at all. Just b/c some people have power trips dosent mean they should ruin it for ever one else. I really dont think that any one at all took offense to the term "gay", it was only used b/c it has become a slang term in our world today. I really don't think any one noticed it untill it all got blown out of proportion. And come on, Snatch didnt do any thing either. Not to be disrespectful but would it be to much to ask if Jeditricks would just back off, and only tack action when a problem is brought to his attention or some one complains to him. So lets just stop all the fighting and get back to talking about Star Wars. Is that so hard?!? And from now on why don't we only post about stuff we have found in L.A. or Southern Cali. If any one has any problems with any thing I just said feel free to PM me.
-One:Pirate:

mark2d2
06-17-2002, 02:45 AM
Anybody seen a 12 inch Jango? Other than at Kaybee?

GroundskeeperWillie
06-17-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey OneArmedJango--sorry bro but your obviously p*$$ing against the wind here. The thread is dead--like it or not, the action will be at Rebelscum from here on out. I was reserving judgment and trying not to ascribe blame until now, but it is clear that the two warring factions here are not going to be content until they get the last word in, which is never going to happen (since we now have 9 pages of pure vitriolic crap without more than a handful of references to the collecting hobby, and no end in sight). I commend your efforts to try to bring us back to the reason we're all here, but you're fighting a losing battle. I would love to make a plea for maturity, but given the fact that we are a bunch of pseudo-adults spending hours on-line to discuss the new TOYS we've bought, maturity is probably in low supply :rolleyes:

Sorry, SSG, it's been a nice ride, but I wont be back.

GKW signing off.

stillakid
06-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by GroundskeeperWillie
Hey OneArmedJango--sorry bro but your obviously p*$$ing against the wind here. The thread is dead--like it or not, the action will be at Rebelscum from here on out. I was reserving judgment and trying not to ascribe blame until now, but it is clear that the two warring factions here are not going to be content until they get the last word in, which is never going to happen (since we now have 9 pages of pure vitriolic crap without more than a handful of references to the collecting hobby, and no end in sight). I commend your efforts to try to bring us back to the reason we're all here, but you're fighting a losing battle. I would love to make a plea for maturity, but given the fact that we are a bunch of pseudo-adults spending hours on-line to discuss the new TOYS we've bought, maturity is probably in low supply :rolleyes:

Sorry, SSG, it's been a nice ride, but I wont be back.

GKW signing off.

OAJ wasn't trying to keep this alive or else he would have kept the last ditch insults out of his post.

A request was made some time ago to keep the topics to being about Just Found items primarily:
(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=53221#post53221)

Then The One made a case for the opposite to happen:

(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=104191#post104191)

Then, presumably, after some consideration by the owner of this site and the forums, this decision came down:

(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=104994#post104994)

Things went great for quite some time but...
THEN: This post occurred:

Quote:
Turbowars - Epic Force gay? What the hell is wrong with you? You need to stop sniffing your variations...
Yes G A Y with fruity flamming colors. The epic was terrible and the New stuff looks just as bad & with a big $ to go with it. Sorry Wonderboy. Oh and Burbank has NOTHING!

Clearly, he wasn't referring to the alternate definitions of the word. The implication was quite clear to anyone paying attention that the word was used in the fullest derogatory sense.

The forum moderator, doing his job as moderator, made a simple request for the poster to not use that term in future.

(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=106652#post106652)

It was understood by just about everybody that "gay" was being used in that way.
(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=106591#post106591)

TW relented, but not willingly:
(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=107133#post107133)

Then the mature :rolleyes: members here made a huge issue out of it and the "posting wars" had begun, without just cause, and without merit to their arguments.

That's what started all of this. Period. It was a simple request and if there was any "power tripping" going on, it was from a few posters who decided that they would rather hijack the point of this folder to reshape it to their own purpose rather than just say, "Ok, let's talk in the Collector's Club and we understand that some people might be offended by some language. Big deal." :rolleyes:

Now, instead of everybody just dropping in their 2 cents to help us all out in enjoying a hobby, you've all managed to tear apart what was a helpful community in one of the biggest cities anywhere on the planet. Thanks a ton. :(

Really, some people have some serious growing up to do.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Why are we still talking about this stuff for crying out loud. Let's get to the business of "LA AREA JUST FOUND" THAT is what this thread is...NOT telling people to grow up or who did what or who said what. This Thread is worse than the first LA area one. JEESH!

TRU Cerritos - NOTHING and stockguy said they are putting all old stuff out????

Target Cerritos - bespin vaders, lukes magnet/non bloody :( mace, jango

I will be going to LB KB today at around 2 pm, so I'll report back later MAYBE if this thread is back to normal by then.

Again......SHEEEEESH! :crazed:

stillakid
06-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Why are we still talking about this stuff for crying out loud. Let's get to the business of "LA AREA JUST FOUND" THAT is what this thread is...NOT telling people to grow up or who did what or who said what. This Thread is worse than the first LA area one. JEESH!

TRU Cerritos - NOTHING and stockguy said they are putting all old stuff out????

Target Cerritos - bespin vaders, lukes magnet/non bloody :( mace, jango

I will be going to LB KB today at around 2 pm, so I'll report back later MAYBE if this thread is back to normal by then.

Again......SHEEEEESH! :crazed:

Thank you for that! Unless I'm missing something (perhaps in those infamous Private Messages), I hate to see an unfair amount of blame ascribed to the wrong parties, no matter the situation.

ANYWAY, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to head out today yet.

But I was wondering if anyone knows of a local supplier of Star Cases? Thanks!

My local Rite Aid occasionally puts out an old stash of Freeze Frame figures. I picked up a couple of Ugnaughts a while back (that I don't really need, so if you do, let me know). If you're looking for FF's, let me know what and I'll keep an eye out over there.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-17-2002, 01:30 PM
But I was wondering if anyone knows of a local supplier of Star Cases? Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure where you are BUT there's a great comic book shop in Long Beach...Amazing Comics on Belleflower and Stearns in the Los Altos shopping center and they have a bunch...AND the more you buy the bigger a discount you get. I was going to make my way there today for those cases to for some of my vintage and tri-logo Saga figs...coincidence? or great minds thinking alike :) hehe If you can't make it there, I can always pick some up for you and mail them your way. PM me and lemme know and THIS is what this thread is about eh? :)

ps...the starcases are 1.99 for one and then they go down to 1.79 for 5 and so on. I can't remember exactly.

KiValleyTiger
06-17-2002, 03:22 PM
The only place (other than on-line) that I know is one booth in Frank and Sons. They sell anykind from hotwheels to SWs. I bought mine a while back , I think the price is between $1.50-$1.75 each. But for EP2, I heard they have Star Case 2 which can hold bigger bubble.

stillakid
06-17-2002, 03:28 PM
The only place (other than on-line) that I know is one booth in Frank and Sons. They sell anykind from hotwheels to SWs. I bought mine a while back , I think the price is between $1.50-$1.75 each. But for EP2, I heard they have Star Case 2 which can hold bigger bubble.

Thanks KVT! Any news on CHL? I'm trying to reach him.

figrin bran
06-17-2002, 05:30 PM
what i found today:

glendale KB : 2 of the 12" Jangos! , still lots of 12" yellow and red clone troopers, lots of bespin wave though all the lukes are gone already

los feliz tru : in the words of rune haako, "no need to report unless there is something to report..."

Turbowars
06-17-2002, 05:30 PM
That's right it all my fault, I take the blame. But I do wonder who is happy and gay it these forums. Jeditricks and Stillakid need to grow up themselves. Drop it! It's not that hard. I can't believe I invited you, Stillakid to my buddies get together. Some people are are just so difficult, Oh and believe me I soooooo wanted to use other words, but someone would probably be offended. I have had enougth and I shall retire from this here thread. To the cool guys that try to have fun and you know who you are, good luck. TURBOWARS the poor collector that made this all happen.

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-17-2002, 05:43 PM
RIP Turbo..........

Nothing here in lancaster today, so much for that 17th deal........

KiValleyTiger
06-17-2002, 06:21 PM

Thanks KVT! Any news on CHL? I'm trying to reach him.

I haven't hear anything from him lately, I think he is very busy with his work, which is good :D

OneArmedJango
06-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Now I see, it has all been for nothing. I started this thread b/c I dident want it to end. But it did. it hasent been the same scine the last thread was shut down. I have lost the "Post Wars". I am sorry every one. I will try to keep posting here with my daly reports but if things don't change I will have to leave. I am sorry but my fight to keep things going was all for nothing. So this is OneArmedJango, over and out. I will be back soon. Not that it matters.
-One

SirSteve
06-18-2002, 09:41 AM
All we want is to have the sections used properly.... Hasbro stuff posted in Hasbro, Lego stuff posted in Lego, Just Found posted in Just Found, etc.... If you wanted to talk about a little of everything, why not use the Collectors Clubs section?

OneArmedJango
06-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Santa Monica daly report:

Ok, sorry about the latnes of this post, I have finals all this week and I have to sudy. But if any one cares I got an A on my math final today.

Santa monica K.B.:
I went in today but there wasent any thing good at all. Just alot of Mace and some Jango Fett FB.

Santa monica TRU: I went in and they had alot of good stuff. Alot of OFT, RES, and massif. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
-One

stillakid
06-18-2002, 11:28 PM
Since the first thread was reopened, can this one be merged or go away or something? Just an idea...

OneArmedJango
06-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Santa Monica daly report Post #1460

Hey guys whats up?

SM TRU: Nothing really good just some massif wave if any one still needs them.

K.B.: Nothing at all.

From now on I will not be posting in her scince the old thread opened agen bye ;)

JediTricks
06-19-2002, 10:54 PM
I don't wanna close or merge any just found threads unless Steve says or it's really a problem, if people don't wanna use one, it'll fall to the wayside eventually, but if they do, seems like we could give them that option.

BTW, I actually had a reason to post here:

KB Beverly Center - no RID Megabolt Megatrons.

Kmart 3rd st - Very few figures, they cut way back, a few Luminaras, lots of Jango's electronic blaster.