PDA

View Full Version : Palpy kept em fooled.

scruffziller
06-13-2002, 12:56 AM
Since Tarkin says that Vader is all that is left of the Jedi order, Palpy did a good job of keeping his maggots in the dark (no pun intended) of his true nature.

darthvyn
06-16-2002, 12:43 AM
that's true... i hadn't thought about that. i have no response to that.

Beast
06-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Actually, since Palpatine never was a Jedi, Vader really is all that's left of that religion, from Tarkin's point of view. Of course Grand Moff Tarkin didn't know about Yoda, and thought that Obi-Wan Kenobi would have to be dead by now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
06-17-2002, 02:55 AM
but what i think scruff's saying is that since tarkin thinks VADER is a jedi, palpatine kept his AND vader's force allegience a very good secret. he doesn't call him a sith lord, or a dark jedi, he calls him a jedi. therefore, perhaps in OT no one still knows that the empire is run by the sith, except for a select few... (ben and yoda to be exact.)

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 02:27 PM
It's still the same religion, just split into two divisions. From someone like Tarkin's point of view it was all together the same religion that practices the force.

TIE Pilot
07-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Well both the Sith and the Jedi "religions" have to do with using The Force.

So when Tarkin tells Vader that he's all that's left of their religion, he's probably refering to the religion of those who use The Force. Not specifically the ~Jedi~ religion.

DarthBatman
07-07-2002, 03:24 AM
I think TIE Pilot's theory is probably right....

DarthSetnom
07-07-2002, 08:47 PM
Once again, like i said a long while ago, i don't think Vader is all that's left of the Jedi Religion, the Emperor is also a part of it (IMHO) because even though they follow different paths, both the Jedi and the Sith use the Force and know of each other's existence.

The Sith are a part of the Jedi "religion" even if they're not its most popular theme. They embody everything the Jedi don't want to become. What they are constantly struggling to stay away from.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
perhaps in OT no one still knows that the empire is run by the sith, except for a select few... (ben and yoda to be exact.)

I though he was know as Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith.

Lobito
07-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Interesting question...but lets see the facts...in ANH Tarkin comments that Vader is the last survivor of that ancient religion...(meaning the Jedi's) then Vader has an argument with Admiral Motti and to prove his point that the force is a bigger issue than technological advances, he starts choking Motti. Tarkin is aware of this and lets Vader punish Motti a little...then he tells Vader to release Motti.

In ESB Vader does not hesitate to kill his Admirals and Captains whenever they fail. The imperials are aware of this...thats why they are so scared every time the rebels escape.

In ROTJ Vader is supervising the new Death Star, and tells Moff Jerjerod that he is not on schedule with the construction...then he tells him that the Emperor will come to the Death Star and Jerjerod starts shaking...if they dont knew that Vader and the Emperor had special powers then at least i think they suspected it.

But who knows...???