PDA

View Full Version : NO, How could they? (spoilers for UK members)

jeddah
09-25-2001, 05:49 AM
No, not again, I'm not going to go into one. Just wanted your attention. :)

We've been going through the mill a bit at home over the past 3 weeks - not that I want to populate the board with my laundry, suffice it to say by this weekend, I was ready for either a holiday or a Section Order. Being such an affable and equally anoraky chap, my brother surprised me by bringing down all the videos of Season 7 of DS9. I spent the weekend in a War fest and have felt a little sad that it's all over, really.

What is a shame is that Damar died and the last Weyoun too . That evil hag should've carked it and so should Odo. What a fantastic end to the DS9 franch' I really am glad I stopped watching it on TV when I missed one of the episodes shortly before the Breen alliance - it was well worth it, esp the joy of hours of non-stop monging in front of the TV.

I was inconsolable when the Defiant was smashed up, overjoyed when another Defiant class ship was given, distraught with the name of San Paulo and then overjoyed again when they were allowed to rename it. ;)

About Odo, tho', I thought the drama would've been better -and more in-keeping with DS9's characteristically darker currents - if he had not survived. I do like him, but it all seemed a bit ...... nicey nice.

Honourable mention also goes to Martok for booting that eggheaded boor in the heave-** and especial mention to Kai Winn - the most hysteric bad guy - her lines were written for (or by) Bette Davis. Also a humourous counterpoint, one of my faves, Garak, was made a funny double act with his aunt/old cardassian/Jira figure.

Gul Dukat was emasculated in the role he played but it was nice to see him get wraithy at the end. The Feregi plot line saw Quark yelling up at Brunt in scenes that, for the first time IMO, forged any realism for the Ferengi.

And the space battles ........

jeddah

britcit3
09-25-2001, 09:01 AM
Hey Jeddah

Did those GV MM's arrive in Swafmans package (if you have already told me then I have forgotten)?

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
09-25-2001, 10:02 AM
Yeah, in the S-WOW-ffy thread I said there were some dumpy 'things' ;).

I've not sent them; no reason why as you're not included on the big stateside package, so sorry. :)

These (other stuff for VT, Baal etc) are either going to have to be divided up into 2kg packages and shipped seperate or cost about 30.00 economy surface by Parcelforce.

I'm just waiting to hear from Panicbusters in Southampton re cheaper shipping.

jeddah

vulcantouch
09-25-2001, 12:45 PM
have i mentioned i want my repcruiser here by december? :D
so i assume you now understand why "legate damar" was one of the names i adopted during my galooBB incursions? :) "FOR CARDASSIAAA!!!" :cool:
no time to talk now- fall afternoon beckons, and my mm fleet is needed somewhere :)

jeddah
09-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Well, I should think your stuff should be under a coupla kilos anyway...so if you'd like, I can send yours seperately.

Poor Damar, he went from one of my worsts to one of my faves. I love redemptive stories; the one part of Organised Religion I can't shake out of my being ;)

BTW, that goes for anyone who wants stuff sent piecemeal.

jeddah

britcit3
09-25-2001, 02:19 PM
BC3 waits with baited breath to update his GV page - already bagged set 9 (see attachment - not added to page yet), waiting for copter to complete set 8.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
09-25-2001, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jeddah

BTW, that goes for anyone who wants stuff sent piecemeal.

jeddah

i of course will defer to my good karma side, and remain in patient anticipation!

np: giggles - good things come to those who wait

:)

vulcantouch
09-25-2001, 11:20 PM
. . .funny; that sounds how you & i first got to know each other ;)
"i call on trek mm collectors everywhere to Resist. . . resist today. . . resist tomorrow. . . resist, until every last hasbro meddler has been driven from galoob soil" (sorry, just havin a flashback :p
ok, if stuff comin my way is over 2 kilos, lmk & i'll advise you how to prioritize shipping :) nothin over 2 kilos? geez, is this the same country that rallied 'round churchill's richard-burtonesque monologs? whatever happened to that stiff-upper-can-do spirit?? here's my impression of jdah's local postman: "blooody 'ell jeddah, doncha know oi cain't moyl This? it's 2 point one bleeedin kilos! BLOIMEY!" ;)
bc3, that khaki xt-4a looks Great :) i have a green-camo military version of it i traded offa b'jr, i wonder if i'd prefer the gv9 paintscheme (hint hint: plz give us shots of it from add'l angles :) )
vt
np: elo, "shine a little love"

britcit3
09-26-2001, 01:45 AM
As soon as the copter arrives from Jeddah, I will be re-photographing all my GV's to break them up into each particular set (as opposed to the rather random way they are currently displayed on my site).

Just finished a custom GV - the pic doesnt do it justice - it looks cool.

BC3

jeddah
09-26-2001, 05:48 AM
So, my postman's Dick Van Dyke?

It's not the postmen that are to blame, it's the country and crown - and my schedule, I must admit. Bearing in mind the recent attacks on the West, I'd better keep phrases like that out of my posts - I especially don't want any investigations from Menwith Hill... :eek:

Sorry about the GVOYS britC, I'm on it

VT, any more comments on DS9? After these years, we can actually talk about it :)

jeddah

JediTricks
09-26-2001, 06:19 AM
BC3, awesome custom GV.

As for your other attachment, I still have that set somewhere... if only I knew exactly where though. ;)

Jeddah, congrats on getting through DS9's final season. Were you shocked by how the whole thing wrapped up?

britcit3
09-26-2001, 12:25 PM
Sorry Jeddah

My last post wasn't meant to sound as if I was mithering.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
09-26-2001, 12:37 PM
"mithering"? "menwith Hill?" :confused:
ok jdah, her's some ds9 talk: mila (jira?) was tain's housekeeper and, according to andrew robinson's non-canon garak memoirs (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671038850/qid=1001525553/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_3_4/002-3308024-2880816), she was also garak's mother :eek:
so if you've seen all of season 7, i assume you also saw "take me out the holosuite" (baseball), "baddabing baddabang" (vic fontaine vs mafia), "inter arm enim silent leges" (section 31 & romulans), etc? or did you just see the final 10-hour arc? after all, there are 26 episodes in a season :)
yeah bc3, that custom Rocks, one of yer best yet :) you Have that gv set jt? do you Want it? more specifically, that khaki arkII? :):):)
vt
np: "chim chim cheer-ooo"

britcit3
09-26-2001, 12:50 PM
Mither (pron. my-ther) - Northern English word meaning bother or to nag.

JediTricks
09-27-2001, 09:02 AM
Yes, I do want it, that's why I bought the set.

jeddah
09-27-2001, 12:50 PM
Oi seen em all, me ol fruit! I was Hank Marvin for the rest of the episodes but missed a couple in a row and so decided I'd wait until such time as I could watch them all in order; afterall my Star Trek VenTor ingrained in me the necessity of not messing up the last Season so I complied like a good little drone. Anywya, my bro agreed to have a trekfest and the rest is history.

For once, however I can take you to task for not remembering that I had seen Take me out to the Holosuite; one of my very favourite ever DS9 episodes, I waxed lyrical to you about it.

Speaking of catching up; 7 of 9 inherited some children last week in a rather trudging Voyager but this week's one was much better with the children being insolent and 7o9 ordering they observe "punishment protocol number 9" and scheduling "Fun" :)

THX for the 'Jira' info; I had decided it was his Mother but was sure they said "aunt".

Menwith Hill? (http://www.gn.apc.org/cndyorks/mhs/)

JT, yep, I was shocked and pleased; delighted to see the Federation HQ after the Breen attack, took a moment for me to realise what I was looking at, and was very emotional.

You may be interested to know that last week Zhaan died in our FS (we're on episode 5 of Season 3):(:(:(; the superlative Scifi since ever IMHO :)

jeddah
p.s BritC, I know you weren't mithering or getting bagley, but I had forgotten about them and should've sent them pronto as I had money when they arrived.

britcit3
09-27-2001, 12:56 PM
I have already seen it a couple of times anyway, but DS9 What We Leave Behind was shown on the BBC last night.

Does Trek get any better than this - those space battles - WOW.

It's the sort of stuff that has kept me a dedicated sci-fi fan for as long as I can remember (born the same week as the 1st moon landings - coincidence perhaps?)

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
09-28-2001, 05:25 AM
Yeah that was kind of ironic, I saw it was on on Wednesday too :)

JTLYK< I sent your GVOYS off today, you'll get them tomorrow morning all things being equal.

jeddah

britcit3
09-28-2001, 09:46 AM
Thanks Jeddah - you're a star.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
09-28-2001, 10:01 AM
That Breen attack scene, that's a particularly interesting shot in these times. Glad you were shocked and pleased, rather than "shocked and dismayed". ;)

Wow, you folks are so far behind on Farscape... and yet they're letting you catch up a bit it seems because Stupi-Fi Channel here in the states is putting the final eps of season 3 on hold till next January!!! (106 days from this post, I'm told)

jeddah
09-28-2001, 02:33 PM
106 days; that's unacceptable! :( I kinda like being behind in seasons to you guys simply because I know it means there's so much more to come. :)

I hope they make a feature length film but I think it would be very difficult as the whole concept of FS is event-driven and circumstantial (isn't everything?)

Anyway, I am doubley happy that - now Zhaan's dead - I don't know any more events that happen in Seaze 3 so please bear with me ;)

jeddah

britcit3
09-28-2001, 03:08 PM
Farscape?......hmmmmmm, now that's something that I just can't get into.

That alien that floats about on a little hover board just looks too crap.....Fozzy Bear would look better.

Mind you, it took me AGES to get into Stargate SG1 and Earth Final Conflict, but now I am warming to them both (luv the Talons).

BC3

britcit3
09-28-2001, 03:09 PM
PS is Zhann the tall Klingon rip-off?

BC3

vulcantouch
09-28-2001, 04:52 PM
and personally, i think "it wouldn't Hoit" to pronounce it MIH-ther ;)
i bet i could get into Andromeda if i was interested, but Never EFC or Stargate :p

jdah: "For once, however I can take you to task for not remembering"
-quite correct, now i remember :) i even made a few notes of what to reply, & just never got around to doing so. i'll try to find em :) so have you now seen All ds9's? if not, which ones (http://www.psiphi.org/DS9/ep/reviews.html) not? lmk so i'll know which ones to not spoil in discussion :)
meanwhile, i hope you enjoyed performance artist john fleck's delicious, arrogant turn as talshiar head koval in "inter arma", cuz i'm afraid his suliban makeup all but obliterated same in "broken bow" :(
has Anyone here Yet heard Anything from the trek ptb acknowledging breen helmets being a boussh design homage? :confused:
jt, bc3: plz detail for us How y'all acquired your gv9s (where, price paid etc) :)
vt
np: ew&f, "shining star"

britcit3
09-29-2001, 02:09 AM
Aquired GV9's separately :

Paid about $20 for the 2 tanks at auction.

Was bidding for the plane as part of a group of jets at auction, but it went up to $30, so it became a bit too rich for me.

So I offered the auction winner a trade for it and I was bowled over when she agreed - I swapped her the jet for a tank that is still available in the shops over here (although not in the US apparently).

So in total, the set only cost about $20 - a bargain for a set so rare.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
09-29-2001, 02:11 AM
PS just set 4 to go and I am in the process of setting up a deal with somebody in Vienna who can get them for me.

BC3

jeddah
09-29-2001, 08:02 AM
A snort of disbelief came out of my gob when I first saw the Breen because of the Boussh design, and the curious talk. George must be very flattered, altho' I did go into one, wondering about the chances of coincidence.

I have now seen all Deep Space Nine seasons from 4 onwards. Don't worry about spoilser VT, I'm not worried. I saw Emissary Pts 1 & 2 the other night and really enjoyed them alot. The Talshiar have always been one of thoses sets of characters that I like but unlike you I very rarely discern (or care) who's under the muck-up ;) The only exceptions I can think of are Borgstresses and Damar. And BTW Bagly = irritable and moany, Hank Marvin is "starvin" are you telling me you couldn't get that?

BritC, you Tralk, trouncing all over FS ;) I am having an on-going power struggle with my brother who childishly refuses to watch any FS even tho' he'll love it. He was a trek hater and after I'd introduced him to Voyager (he loved it), I was then introduced by VT into DS9 (which I'd been avoiding -too conscience and societal 4 me) which I got into rather quickly and my Bro ended up seeing from Emissary pt1 to What You Leave Behind in one month and became addicted. It's funny that Rygel has so many people at odds with FS becuase he's a small floaty hovery thing; in fact his script makes me laugh out loud at times he's so conniving and rude.

I like FS because it has so much more realism in the relationships than anything else I've seen (not including The Lucas Grail).

Did you get your Gvoys today?

Zhaan a Klingon inspired character? What gives you that impression? She's a priestess:confused:

jeddah

JediTricks
09-29-2001, 11:52 AM
105 days is unacceptable, especially since they're already in the can, according to Ben Browder!

I don't think a feature film would work with Farscape because part of its charm is that it's an ongoing process, it's built upon so much backstory that each layer adds something new and fun to the story. A feature film would have to somehow bring those to a boil for the audience who hasn't seen the show (which is why a Babylon 5 movie would never work).

BC3, I thought the same way of Farscape until the end of Season 2, then it hooked me and I'm now watching every ep on the daily reruns. It's very detailed and deeply layered, it feels in a small way like SG1, a small group of folks who wouldn't normally mesh well getting along as they encounter new things on their journeys together. The "muppet-factor" is not a bother after a few minutes with rich characters like Dominar Rygel the 16th or Chiana (rrrrrwwworrr!) or Pilot or D'argo. It took me 3 seasons before I got into SG1, though that was simply because it took them that long to put them into syndication.

Zhaan's definitely NOT the character you're thinking of BC3, she's not tall and not Klingon-esque in any way I can think of. Maybe you're thinking of the new character Jool, I sorta see it there with the face design and leathery clothing, but her attitude is totally un-klingon.

VT, I uh... bought it in the store when it was on the shelves. I thought it looked cool and picked it up, either from TRU or Thrifty Drugs. It's a good set, I think Galoob re-released all 3 of them in various Military MM packs, but with different colors.

LTBasker
09-29-2001, 01:37 PM
Jeddah, there have actually been alot of SW references, like in one Voyager episode, Voyager is pursued by an alien race who owns a part of space they need to pass through and the race's name is Bomar. (In SW there are B'omarr monks) Not really a big simularity, but then again, Kashyyyk and Alderann have also been mentioned as peoples' names or planets, can't remember which.

britcit3
09-30-2001, 03:19 AM
OK, OK, OK - far be it from me to be the voice of dissent - I'll give Farscape another go and try to ignore Kermit.

Jeddah - not yet, will probably arrive Monday.

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
09-30-2001, 11:40 AM
:D :p

jeddah

JediTricks
10-01-2001, 07:53 AM
Oh, you can't ignore Rygel. ;) Don't worry, if you get into the show, you'll forget he's a puppet by your 4th ep.

It's nice to have fellow Farscape fans to talk to. :)

britcit3
10-01-2001, 12:06 PM
Hey Jeddah

Those MM's arrived today - thanks.

Already photographed and will be adding to site on Saturday (along with a huge amount of other stuff too).

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
10-03-2001, 02:45 PM
Cool BC3,

Did someone ask you what your quote was from? How iggerant of them. It's like typing "Feeed Meee" and someone asking what film it's from....

These Americans, huh?.... :rolleyes: :p ;)

jeddah

britcit3
10-03-2001, 04:05 PM
Some peoples iggerance, eh?

BC3

Oh yes, Feeed Meee - guessing at The Department Store of Terrors?

vulcantouch
10-03-2001, 11:52 PM
indeed, "deeds worthy of song" (gowron) ;)

jdah: "George must be very flattered"
-you'd think he'd Show it a lil more :\
have you seen ds9's "far beyond the stars"? if so, then you understood sisko's mental-hospital vision featuring a human-ized damar in "shadows and symbols", yes? :)
vt
np: elo, "strange magic"

jeddah
10-04-2001, 08:45 AM
Oui, bien sur. That was the time when I changed my mind about Damar :)

jeddah

NT (now thinking) *Happy Man - VT's tape* ;)

vulcantouch
10-09-2001, 10:01 AM
re this ep, jdah sed on one of our prev. trekthreds: "i am one of those people who would rather forget the sideline ds9 stories and concentrate on the fed plight and cardy mein kampf. this ep, however, was one of the few exceptions. i felt what it was like to be part of the US last night, and verily i enjoyed being part of the Amercian Dream."
-jdah might be interested in a quote from cultural critic jacques barzun (who hasn't yet proven to be de tocqueville's equal when it comes to definitive comments on america, but anyhoo) : "whoever wants to know the heart and mind of america had better learn baseball, the rules and realities of the game". dunno if i agree (unlike constipated columnist george will and pedestrian documentarian ken burns, i have no personal affinity for baseball that i feel compelled to trump up with a lotta highfalutin hooey about what a telling metaphor it is for the american sensibility), but you might also like to know that this was the first time we got to hear the federation national anthem. also, the holographic audience was friends & family of the show's cast & crew :) also my may 28 comment here (http://www.moviemusic.com/mb/Forum1/HTML/002684.html) :)
though i too tend to prefer trek eps that touch on larger arcs, this one was one of my faves too anyway :)

jdah also asked: "where have i seen the vulcan capt' b4?"
-you tell me (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Wagrowski,+Gregory) :)
btw, how did your brother acquire season 7? copied from broadcasts?
now, what other ds9 talk you wanna make? :)
vt

jeddah
10-30-2001, 02:42 PM
...I have finally finished the GRAND BAAL package and what a shock it was...I was expecting to pay in the regioon of 70.00 for shipping but it's 1/2 that (altho' Panicbusters didn't help)

So, I have got the info below and will send when 2 things are done; a) you guys confirm and b) VT allows me to send this sans the Timminator mixtape as it has not come.

Points to ponder
These are all being sent to Baal, so I need your addy, Baala
What description and value do you want on this package? The actual cost of the contents (not including BritCs locates or freebies from either him or me) is 123.84 but I don't know what your import tax is like so LMK if this'd cause a problem.
I was going to wrap the box in wrapping paper and put "Birthday present" on the description.
I've calculated the weight minus packing and minus the Egyptian present for VT

It comes out as;
Total Weight = 4237gs => 4.27 Kgs
Shipping Cost = 27.15 less VT's gift = 25.35
If it comes to more than that after all the packing's on, I'll cover that - it's the least I can do in view of the time you have all patiently waited

Now, I think that's it. I have weighed each of your own portion and will post the weights if you want, but I think all that remains is to let you know what you're getting. Baal I am going to email you with further details because I want to keep VT out of the loop. ;) j/k. Please can you guys post any corrections here so I can amend list and S.cost if necessary.

Also, VT, I'm emailing you how much I picked up Baal Jr's mms for as I don't have his.

Baal Jr
SST 1-3 mms (in pack)
T2 1-3 mms (in pack)
Pred set 3 mm (in pack)
MTT (from BIIIG MTT set with cool firing stuff - 1/2 way between mm and Af scale but nearer mm) - (loose)

Baal
7 AF Rancors (in pack - battered)
16 mm Miniheads (in pack)
8 Aliens and Pred mms (in pack)
2 SW mms of Classic Characters (in pack)

VulcanTouch - all in packs less otherwise stated
DC Sith inf
DC Radiant Rep
DC Sebs PR
PR Pack 2
EP1 Coll 11 mm
John Barry jewel insert + booklet
gift-et
ST mms
EP1 12 & 13 mms
loose mms - Sith inf, ID4s, battered RS, a few imp mms from me (still can't locate my rebel mms)& exploding AAT mm

GSJ
Epic sets 4 - 6

Et voila, c'est a!

R2 I really wish I had something for you :( and SWAFFY, too, LMK.

jeddah

good shot jansen
10-30-2001, 02:49 PM
so the stuff heading twards florida are as follows:

epics IV,V, and VI
DC Sith inf
DC Radiant Rep
DC Sebs PR

also, the pod racer pack II is mine, but as i have said mannnnnnny mannnny times

if anyone wants that it's yours!

jeddah
10-30-2001, 03:03 PM
*banging forehead with right palm* stupid stupid stupid. :o

Thanks GSJ, I remember this being said previously but my sieve-like brain strained it out :) In any case I thought Baal was gettting everything and shipping on from there for cheapness. Of course, If you all want me to send your packages direct to you, that's fine too, but I'm going to need Baal jrs addy too.

LMK - as you do

jeddah
p.s am I an Avatart yet? ;)

SWAFMAN
10-30-2001, 03:15 PM
Jeddah,
Thanks for the sentiments on the parcel, but the only item I was interested in was a euro-rancor. You noted these were all in battered shape, so it sounds like it wouldn't display very well.

BTW, that $ you posted my Paypal seems to have vanished. Did you get any notice from them of some problem?

- Swaffy

good shot jansen
10-30-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by jeddah
am I an Avatart yet? ;)

you go girl!

you've been good to avatart for 7 posts now!

np: any dayum version you want! - lady marmalade

good shot jansen
10-30-2001, 03:24 PM
if you wanna send my shipment to me directly, you'll gets no complaints from moi:D

but the choice is entirely yours

np: john wesley harding - right to choose

jeddah
10-30-2001, 03:50 PM
SWAFFY, I got this very soon after I sent it [spaces in email addy are mine];

Two days ago you sent a payment to jr44772 @ home. com. This
payment is still unclaimed. Often, unclaimed payments are a result
of a payment being sent to a misspelled or otherwise incorrect email
address. Please double-check to make sure you sent your payment to
the intended recipient's correct email address.

But in the meantime I thought by your comments that you'd actually received it. If you remail me the correct email account I'll git on it. Also, I wondered if we could arrange a one-off payment (I can include in my abovetransaction) for a book. The girl who's selling it will not accept paypal and if I want one, she wants an Internat money order which'll cost me a fortune and necessitate me taking a lunch break (martyr that I am, I only go on Fridays to the pub with the Sales Team and some of my Finance colleagues)

If this is a rude request please verbally abuse me ;)

jeddah
np - Off to see the Wizard of Avatartz :)

jeddah
10-30-2001, 04:03 PM
I only counted one rancor (at 250g) instead of 7. I'll have 2 recalibrate.

jeddah

SWAFMAN
10-30-2001, 07:14 PM
Jeddah,
my paypal addy is jr4477@aol.com
On the book thingy, just tell me how you want the deal to go down, and I'll handle everything on this side o' the pond. If you just want to tag on the book amount to what you paypal me, I'll send the seller a United States Postal Service Money Order from here asap.

vulcantouch
10-30-2001, 11:18 PM
corrections & concerns:
-don't you also have an ep1 mm pak #7 or 8 for me or b'jr?
-hey! those aliens mms you're sending to baal actually go to b'jr :(
-while i Do get the ep1 11 & 12 mm pax, i do Not get the ep1 #13 pak
-b'jr only wants t2 sets 1 & 2, Not 3; also, he Is supposed to get predator set 3
-no no no, you're not waiting for a timminator mixtape; I'M making timmer a mixtape, but i'll be enclosing it in My upcoming package to You so you can hear it first. Then, you will Forward it to him :)
-as gsj just sed, those dcs and pr pak 2 are for gsj. however, they may be piggybacked into the shipment to me if you wish. BUT: i thought you were going to send baal's stuff straight to him, while you were going to send mine and b'jr's (and gsj's, if he wishes) stuff directly to Me via ground shipping :( plx explain why this is no longer so.

speaking of pkgs: is anyone here a horror buff? i have some old cinefantastique mags i bought cuz they had trek season wrapups. but i don't care about the rest of the mags' contents (mostly articles bout the making of various horror projects from the last deacde or so), so i'm gonna to rip em out & give them to whoever wants them. if you've already got a pkg coming from me, lmk if you're interested & i'll just enclose them (there's enough room for them in jt's, jdah's, gsj's & swaffy's :) )
hey swaffy, mind Tellin me what i'm thinkin? wait, lemme guess; does it start with a Piggy and end with a Back? ;)
btw J'Davatart, i showed b'jr Fight Club this weekend & he likesd it too :p
vt
np: y kid k, "let this housebeat drop (roger s mix)"

Baal
10-31-2001, 12:01 AM
Everything is coming to me, and whoever wants their stuff has to come fight me to the death for it!
Relax, I'm goofin' with y'all.
When you guys get everything figured out, let me know what my part in all of it is.
Anything that hasn't been claimed already automatically becomes part of the collective.
I owe VT, Jeddah owes VT, I owe Jeddah, so
I can squash part or all of what Jeddah owes, and whatever I chalked up in one swift payment.
Baal

jeddah
10-31-2001, 04:37 AM
Don't panic - shipping witheld.

VT if I ship seperately, I'll be able to send stuff under 2kgs which'll be small package rate and therefore cheaper.

Poor Baal jr, I am holding his hunter-killer perilously close to the laminating machine until he recants......

Swaffy, thanks, I'll pp you the $25.00 (or whatever) on top of the rest. when I get home. The book I am receiving is a private-bound SFX makers guide to making my 1:1 R2, feel free to open and nose through si tu veut.

Baal :)

jeddah
p.s I'm @ work - mo' l8r if anyone needs me urgently p.s I'm @ work - mo' l8r if anyone needs me urgently (christopher.bean@aspectworld.com)

LTBasker
10-31-2001, 08:37 AM
"Let me face the peril!" "No it's too perilous." :D

vulcantouch
10-31-2001, 09:57 PM
hey baal, ever see "enemy of the empire", the comic series in which vader & fett square off? your challenge kinda reminds me of that; and judging from the outcome of that story, i'd be willing to take you on for them aliens mms- oughta be interesting ;)
jdah: if gsj has no particular preference, let that decision be based on the 2kg rule: if gsj's stuff together with mine & b'jr's stuff totals under 2kg, then feel free to enclose gsj's stuff in the pkg to me. if not, either enclose w/baal's (if That weight combo works better) or send separately to fla (hell, his's all diecasts, they're prolly 2kg all by themselves :p ) and remember: for the pkg coming to me, cheapest shipping is the decisiVe facTor :) and Don't forget abovementioned corrections ;p
i also found a few full-page ads in a sept 01 vibe magazine featuring aaliyah, mary j bleargh and fate's urchin- shall i rip out & enclose? you can stick em on yer bedroom wall :)
so, no one wants my cinefantastique pages? if not, i'll just leave em lyin round in some coffeehaus, where some lil gothed-out fanboy can happen upon em & scoop em up for hisself ;)
vt
np: robin s, "show me love"

jeddah
11-01-2001, 05:28 AM
Yeah, I figured the DCs would be heavy but they aren't, I think they come to 225g off the top of my head (you know how good my memory is). But that's a final plan, I'll be shipping VTs seperate up to the 2kg as his is the lightest.

VT, Thanks for the thought. Erm, Aaliayh you can bung in if you can be bothered. With the internet these days, I find no shortage of pics and stories that never make it onto our white-catering, middleclass, MOR, unremarkable, armchair-philosophising UK media. However MJB can be burned religiously. I can't STAND her since she became Super Diva Auteur (yeah, right, more like whining beeeeyatch). I liked her up to "What's the 411" but she lost the Hip Hop vibe. A whining thankless whining whiner. I should temper that with saying I thought her last track, Family Affair was a fanny shaker!! I loved it but then it was produced by Dre...

My brother calls her Mary J Bilge.:)

jeddah

SWAFMAN
11-01-2001, 07:12 PM
Jeddah, I just received a credit to my Paypal account, but I'm not understanding your note that was included with the payment. It doesn't seem to have any reference to the book you asked me to procure for you. Wassup?

jeddah
11-02-2001, 03:37 AM
Wasn't there a message attached? I had only sent you $36.97 for the Alphas and shipping, however I later located the emails about the Playsets from last year etc which I don't think I'd reimbured you for so I decided that was more urgent.

Christine and Martin are moving at the mo' and so I need to wait until they check into the R2 builders forum again so I can make arrangments. I know that they are charging $25.00 (inc shipping withing the US) so I'll send you that and then I'll add on the shipping when you advise me how much it'll be.

Like I said, I need to speak to them first so no worries. Sorry 4 confusion. :o

jeddah

SWAFMAN
11-02-2001, 08:17 AM
Ah.... now all makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Jeddah. It was all there in your paypal note, but I was so fogged by figuring out which amount went to the book deal, I wasn't understanding. Now I understand. Thanks!

jeddah
11-06-2001, 01:47 PM
.....despatch questions;

GSJ, yours is going (surface) tonight (provided I get to the GPO on time) and consists of the 3 Epics, the 3 DCs and the PR 2 pack. Also a mass of mm stands - about 20, please send on what you don't require :)

VT and Baal Jr. Together and packed (without Egypt present) is over 2KGs and to send them together will cost about 11 - 13. If I seperate them (and you give me Baal Jrs addy) and send them seperate, I can get them both in 2KG watershed rule and that'll be cheaper. The package consists of those items listed earlier with corrections noted by VT (also ep1 pack 8 mm from G&Ts). All Aliens mms are included. If you want only one set of Aliens mms, I'll send the others to Baala. In addition, VT, I have also included about 20 mm stands for you in addition to the few mms I found*. Is Baal jnr an opener? if so I could probably get this package to under 2KGs if he doesn't want the packing of the mms. It'd be a shame tho' because they're in good nick bearing in mind the shop I got them from (G&Ts). Oh, BTW, before you bawl at me, I am sending your Egypt prez seperate as it @#*!s up the weight - it'll probably arrive b4 your other stuff :p Mind you, I've had it since June 1999!

Finally, please let me know about your equivalent of Customs; if I put "gift" on, will that be sufficient, and what of the value?

jeddah

* Does anyone remember me giving away loads of my mms? I have had all my SW collections out (surprised myself how much I had :)) and have very very few Imperials and no dupes other than rebel Starfighters and cruisers. I just thought I had more but unless my Godchillun (or, indeed, brother) have done a crafty, I guess I must be remembering la jeddah mode

jeddah
11-06-2001, 01:52 PM
GSJ, it is now 7.49pm so I guess; manana, manana :o

Baal, no probs with your shipment :)

jeddah

good shot jansen
11-06-2001, 02:13 PM
we.ve been updating our router system here at werk, and unfortunately have had no access until now:rolleyes:

you are correct regardin' the items headin' my way.

surface is fine (good things come to those who wait!)

gift is fine, and a value of $15.00 should be sufficient.

i am off to targets this evening, in hopes of tracking you down a $19.99 b-wing!

will let you know how i make out!

xoxoxoxoxo
:)

vulcantouch
11-06-2001, 10:46 PM
"Erm, Aaliayh you can bung in if you can be bothered"
-no bother atall, just gotta rip it out & line the bottom of yer pkg w/it :)

go ahead & use my address for b'jr's stuff, keeps things simple & makes me the big hero when i present him w/The Jdah Procurement :) also feel free to mix his & my stuff in said parcels if it helps w/weight issues :) and oh yeah, b'jr Does want All them aliens mms :) for that matter, if it helps w/weight issues you're welcome to enclose egypt present in pkgs to baal or gsj, for later forwarding onto me. whatever's cheapest :)
b'jr & i both open everything, so if it helps w/weight feel free to remove all toys from pkging, exc. for ep mm pax 8, 11 and 12- plz keep them sealed for that "new mm smell" :) plz wrap all loose items (exc. stands) individually in tissue or some such so they don't abrade against 1 another in transit; bad 4 the paintjobs, doncha know :)
everything sounds good, lmk if any more quextions :)
vt
np: simply red, "thrill me" (maw promo dub)