PDA

View Full Version : Force used by Leia and Han?

scruffziller
06-12-2002, 11:59 PM
I have heard that Leia's ability to resist the mind probe was her actually utlizing her force ability and that Han's "simple tricks and nonsense" was his own tapping into the force, and just not knowing it.

Beast
06-13-2002, 12:36 AM
Han's "simple tricks and nonsense"? Han doesn't do anything like that, he's talking about Obi-Wan's talk of the force. As in that it's all alot of simple tricks and nonsense. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-13-2002, 12:55 AM
I always thought Leia's resistance to the mind probe was simply about her strong personality and willpower.

Darkross
06-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I always thought Leia's resistance to the mind probe was simply about her strong personality and willpower.

Me too...but maybe her force ability helped her resist. Kind of like untamed Jedi reflexes. Luke tells her that she has the power of the Force and in time she will learn to use it as he did. Perhaps when the heat is on (giving up the location of the rebel base) her force ability was heightened even though she hadn't knowingly tap into the force. Luke did the same thing in the DeathStar trench...except he tapped into the force (a little).

lunchymeatball
06-13-2002, 10:33 AM
This leads to an interesting conundrum:D
You would have thought that latent force powers would have surfaced if the individual was faced with excruciating pain and even death as leia was, and even so we are told that the force is strong in the skywalker family.
I know it would have really limited the rest of the film if leia would have kicked vaders ar*e when he begun to torture her, but maybe knowing then what we know now, who knows...............

stillakid
06-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Exactly! See my numerous posts concerning Luke and the falicy of Midichlorians.

scruffziller
06-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Han's "simple tricks and nonsense"? Han doesn't do anything like that, he's talking about Obi-Wan's talk of the force. As in that it's all alot of simple tricks and nonsense. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Well from where I have heard it was may have been quoted from the EU. I was meaning that what he "thinks" is his simple tricks and nonsense is really him tapping into the force. But he doesn't see it that way. If Obi were to further analyze it he would come up with the same conclusion. I am just saying that these instances and Leia if anyone have been interpreted as actually tapping into the use of the force even though it just seems like willpower. This could be analogous to folks saying that everyone is a psychic, others are just stronger at it (real ones not the hokey infomercial goons). Like when you have a gut fealing that later prooves true, you don't say your psychic you just call it a gut fealing but it would be a degree of psychic activity. The brain impulses travel at light speed or beyond so the signals we get maybe coming from the future.

Jonna
06-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller

The brain impulses travel at light speed or beyond so the signals we get maybe coming from the future.

How did we suddenly get one the non-locality of the space/time continuum? Not being a smart @$$ for once, just courious.

So why don't I vocally express pain before someone hits me for being anoying?:crazed:

scruffziller
06-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

How did we suddenly get one the non-locality of the space/time continuum? Not being a smart @$$ for once, just courious.

So why don't I vocally express pain before someone hits me for being anoying?:crazed:

Just using the psychic phenomnenon as an anology. You sound like my dad.

RooJay
06-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Han's reference to "simple tricks and nonsense" is in regards to the many "strange things" he's seen and not anything he himself has done.

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
Me too...but maybe her force ability helped her resist. Kind of like untamed Jedi reflexes. Luke tells her that she has the power of the Force and in time she will learn to use it as he did. Perhaps when the heat is on (giving up the location of the rebel base) her force ability was heightened even though she hadn't knowingly tap into the force. Luke did the same thing in the DeathStar trench...except he tapped into the force (a little). If it's this way, then Vader would have sensed Leia using it just as he sensed Luke during the trench run. However, I personally believe that Vader sensed Obi-Wan's presence when he said "the Force is strong with this one!", so that would salvage this theory about Leia using the Force... even if I don't subscribe to it. ;)

Personally, I've always believed that like Luke's training with Yoda really bringing him true Force abilities, Leia wouldn't have Force abilities until she trained with Luke post-ROTJ (which leads to my Eps 7,8,9 concept, but that's another post ;)).