PDA

View Full Version : Djas Puhr MiniReview

Jayspawn
06-13-2002, 01:22 AM
I had to do some housework today that involved going to the same Target 3 times. And on my 3rd trip I found the new Djas Puhr, having found nothing the previous trips. Weird...

- Likeness: Despite the fact you don't see this guy very much in detail in the Cantina, he looks pretty darn good! 5/5.

- Sculpt: For a unique alien with a flightsuite on, it's pretty good. The headsculpt is impressive in it's simplicity. And I like the way the holsters look on the figure. Something new. 5/5.

- Articulation: Djas has 8 points of articulation. It's pretty basic accept for wrist articulation which is great for a figure that comes with guns for accessories. Though I'm impressed by figures with lots of articulation, Djas only has to sit in the Cantina and hold a beer (or the Star Wars equivilant). 5/5.

- Accessories: This threw me off when I first saw it, he comes with guns. But not just guns...tiny guns. Very thin guns. His guns are so thin that they came all bent up when my figure was still in the packaging. They look cool, they are a good idea. The best part about the guns is that they both holster into the belt. He also comes with 'blast effects' which fit very easily onto the ends of the guns. The same blast effects that came with EPII Boba Fett. 3/5.

- Playability: This is a great figure to play with. He'll look great in a Cantina setup. BUT theres his guns. They are very thin and can get very easily lost if you're not too sharp. He does on the other hand, hold his guns very well. 3.5/5.

- Value: I picked up Djas Puhr at Target for $4.99 which is a good price, and because of the wide-spread retail price drop, a good buy. He's great for display (for you collectors who open, keep eyes on his guns) and best for scene building. 4/5.

OVERALL: This one is a very cool looking toy. His weapons threw me off a little. He looks good holding his guns in a fighting pose, now I just need to get to my Cantina scene to fit him in. Background characters are pretty cool to me, and the Cantina is one of my favorite scenes in Star Wars in terms of most unique looking characters. 3.5/5.

Old Fossil
06-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Jayspawn. I had pretty much decided to pass on this figure if and when I find him, but now I'm looking forward to finding one for my Cantina.

JEDIpartner
06-26-2002, 08:19 AM
I have to agree with Jay's review. I just got this one in the mail yesterday. Jedi Drew refers to this guy as "that Star Trek guy".

I was a little taken aback by his guns only for the fact that they are like cooked spaghetti. Hasblah could have done better by making these out of slightly sturdier plastic.

A-

Rogue II
06-28-2002, 06:55 AM
I agree with Jayspawn's review. I was hoping he would have articulated knees so he could sit, because that's all he really did for the 1/2 second you see him in the movie. It seems his pistols fit well into the holsters, so that will keep them safe while he is drinking his beverage.

He does look kind of Star Trek, but I think with a paint job, he could be a memeber of the Blue Man Group.

morecow299
07-14-2002, 12:28 AM
i wonder if jango's guns would fit in his hands. they would probably look good

brentfett
07-15-2002, 03:45 PM
I too think the guns are crap. But the figure looks awesome!!!!!
Who cares if he's "star trek" looking. He's WAY better looking than a lot of the other cantina goons!

sith_killer_99
07-19-2002, 06:51 AM
I just got this guy, I had to buy 2! One to open and one MOMC!

I do have 1 problem with him (besides the guns). It's his waist! The joint on mine is SUPER loose!!!:eek: Does anyone else have this problem? Should I take it back and ask for one that's not all...well...loose?

Darn QC at Hasbro!

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 08:46 AM
The Djas Puhr I got is fine. But, my Endor Rebel Soldier and Bespin Chewbacca are loose. The Endor Soldier's arm actually popped off.

sith_killer_99
07-19-2002, 09:49 AM
LQC (Lack of Quality Control)

Is it just me or is this kinda thing happening more regularly?

I never had a problem with loose joints, arms, etc. in the POTF2 line. Or even the EP1 and POTJ line!

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I had to do some housework today that involved going to the same Target 3 times. And on my 3rd trip I found the new Djas Puhr, having found nothing the previous trips. Weird....
It was probably returned....his girlfriend made him take it back:D hee hee, your good fortune. Yes, I was pleased to see another cantina alien to be made so I could make him part of it. SInce I have gone cold turkey buying figs as a habit, I am only buying ones for the Cantina and Jabba's palace.