PDA

View Full Version : Rate the figures 1-10. (MERGED)

Pages : [1] 2

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 08:55 AM
I've seen a lot of people rate the new figures as they open them. So I thought it would be interesting to post a thread where we could discuss one of the figures each day, and rate them 1-10 on how well we like or dislike them. I'm starting with #2 Padme, as I haven't opened up my Anakin yet (I'm pretty sure he's going to get a low score). So go ahead, rate the figures and give some reasoning. Tomorrow I'll start a new one.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 2.

This figure is lame. The constantly streched out arm and goofy stance makes this a terrible figure. Mine even looks like the legs are starting to "yellow" like the vintage white plastic figures. The "quick draw" action doesn't even work that well, and the arm joint/hinge looks terrible. I only give it a 2 for having a cool accessory for my Arena scene and some killer abs on that midriff.
:(

=MATT=

Forhekset
06-13-2002, 09:00 AM
I give her a 4.

The good:

Nice sculpt, good paint job, nice detailing, cool accessory.

The bad:

Horribly action-posed, stupid gimmicky arm that won't go down to her side unless you tie it to her leg, dingy yellowing legs.

Overall, I'm sorry I bought this figure.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-13-2002, 09:17 AM
Accessories- good; I like the chain
Sculpt- good; shows womanly features, legs could be better
Action feature- tolerable

Overall rating- 4

aceguide
06-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Like the accessories.
Like the sculpt - but the dimensions are almost barbie...
Dislike the forced action pose.

CrossWizard
06-13-2002, 10:35 AM
4/10

Good sculpt, nice accessories, but lame gimmick which hurts the pose.

JEDIpartner
06-13-2002, 10:51 AM
2/10- she's a useless waste of plastic. Sure... the head sculpt sorta looks correct, but the body is totally wrong. The worst part is that she can't do anything but stand there with her arm up and looking to her right.

I certainly hope Hasblah remedies this with a new Padme in the same outfit, but with NO gimmick or "action" pose. Jeez!!!! :frus:

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 11:30 AM
I see basically all bad reviews. Does anyone like this figure? I don't guess that Hasbro does any kind of market testing. I mean, someone has to like this figure right? Or how/why was it made? I wonder if even the designer liked it, or if he just slaped something togher real quick. I'd vote for the later.

=MATT=

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 01:08 PM
1-10...1-10...1-10...

-2/10

:happy:

I know she would've been a peg-warmer with or without the gimmick considering they would've pre-posed her anyways, but the gimmick is lousy. I thought before getting the figure that you'd be able to lock her hips so her arm would be able to stay down or up.

Only good thing I was able to do with her (besides throw her back into the package) was wrap the chain around her arm then put the other end on the hook of the pillar and make her look like she's pulling the chain and trying to topple over the pillar. Only reason why she isn't -10. ;)

karateyoda17
06-13-2002, 02:48 PM
I really dont think she that bad.... I would give her a 4/10. She has more bad then good, but she could be deluxe Dooku and Obi wan and Jango.

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Padme's figure is the best one out there!!!!

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating just a tad...... ok alot. I do admit it is pretty worthless but it is part of the collection, and if you collect the whole collection, you need this fig.

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Yea, I admit I need it. No matter how crappy they are- I Need, I Need, I Need. This really is a sickness. But some I need more like I need a shot after being bit by a rabid dog, more than I need them like I need more Ice in my drink. One I need to feed the sickness, and the other I need because I want and like it.

Looks like right now we are averaging about a 3. That negative two didn't help a lot.

=MATT=

JediDan
06-13-2002, 03:30 PM
10/10 Yep, I don't open my figs and she looks awesome in the packaging. I like the pose, I like the figure. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 06:13 PM
3 1/2 :D

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 09:28 PM
What a 10? Now that's just plain silly. Put down your 40 and go look at it again.

=MATT=

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 04:18 AM
3.5 is my vote, I like the chain, I like the column (even though it's too tiny) and the figure... well, I like the chain. ;) I dunno, I think this figure isn't great or even that good, and that holster on her right hip keeps falling off on mine.

I was going to say "but at least it captures Padme from the battle", but IMO even that isn't true - her face is totally blank! Her articulation sucks and her pose is a little awkward, so combining all that, I'm lowering my vote to:

Beast
06-14-2002, 04:20 AM
Put her on the back of the Reek, JT. You will gain a whole new appreciation for her wide stance, since she can actually ride on the Reek's back. And give the chain to Anakin, so he can use it for the makeshift chain reins from the movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
06-14-2002, 07:43 AM
Sculpt: 7

- Nicely detailed.
- Bad likeness to Natalie.
- Leg pose is horrid.

Articulation: 5

- Action arm sucks. Should've been made differently, i.e. twist the waist to raise arm.
- Arm articulation to limited.

Accessories: 7

- Pillar is nice, but too small.
- Chain is very nice, but should've been removable.
- Gun is floppy and can not be placed in hand as it should be. Also fault of bad handsculpt.
- No piece to cover up het stomach or a cloth cape and scarf included.

Value: 5

- Cheap pillar accessory, bad articulation and bad likeness take this figure down for me.

FINAL GRADE: 6 out of 10.

Conclusion: I really like this figure, she looks good, but at the same time lacks in every other way. If you need her for an Arena diorama, get her. If you want a figure to play with or to use in a neutral pose, pass her up. She'll only disappoint you.

:)

mrmiller
06-14-2002, 08:37 AM
Rate the figure 1-10 and give your opinions.

If you missed yesterday, it was Padme http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

I like this one. Obi-Wan seems a little small, and I'm not all up on the assassin droid accessory. But his sculpt is good (just wish he fit in the speeder better) and the magnet in his hand seems to be the best for the "force action" battle feature. I'll go ahead and give it a 7.

=MATT=

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 08:44 AM
I would give him a 3 at best. The only saving grace for this figure is the lack of a button or wheel jutting from his back (it's sad when this is the exception to the rule on the main character Jedi). He is horrendously small in comparison to his pilot version, his "Chuck Norris Karate Commando" arm is absurd. The discus he holds in that same hand is an eyesore. To top it off, his stance is on par with the rest of the Saga line, which is to say that it is overly-posed.

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:16 AM
6/10- he's not "terrible", but the paint job on his face makes him look like Richard Chamberlain in "Shogun". I'll forgive Hasblah for the wonky right arm thing as long as they make another Obi-Wan, in this outfit, that looks a little less posed and a little more like Ewan. The hair is obviously the wrong colour as well.

CrossWizard
06-14-2002, 09:46 AM
7/10

Cool figure, it has the metal saber hilt which is a plus and its Obi Wan. On the other hand he is terribly proportioned, and his stance and way the right arm is posed makes him look like The Karate Kid.

aceguide
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM

All-in-all a good looking figure. Too scene specific - but know this can't be the last OB1 in the works.

Especially like the accessories - droid and metal saber.

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 10:27 AM
well... we know he's not the last Obi-Wan. We're getting another one this month... the problem is that roller-disco headband that's permanently painted onto his head. We need another "good" Obi-Wan

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
... the problem is that roller-disco headband that's permanently painted onto his head.

LOL, good stuff JP. :D

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 11:46 AM
I don't have one yet.

I tell you what...if it's such a terrible figure, somebody send me theirs so I can play....er....for evaluation....and I'll write a definitive review.

I promise to keep...er....I mean, send it right back after I'm though play...eh...inspecting it...

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:50 AM
6/10

I think this figure is similiar to Bespin Luke, in the sense that it all depends on what you want to do with him. I bought Obi, attached his arms to the asassin droid, and hung him from string to look like he's flying. That was all I wanted him for, so I'm very happy with him. But, I know for dioramas and playability he would probably be pretty lousy!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-14-2002, 11:53 AM

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
I bought Obi, attached his arms to the asassin droid, and hung him from string to look like he's flying.

That's exactly what I did with MINE! I actually got a piece of heavy wire and made it like a rack for it to sit in and hung it from the top level of my Ultrarama display!

Yeah... we DEFINITELY need a better "regular" Obi-Wan.

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 02:17 PM
I'd have to say 5/10.

While not that interesting of a figure except that's it Obi-Wan, it at least was able to get out of the factory without becoming a machine and keeping it's figuremanity. The huge magnet in his karate chop hand is a dissapointment and he definitely could've used a few extra points of articulation but overall he's not that bad. The droid is kinda cool I guess but should've had a stand.

Anyone else tried putting him in a "fencing" pose with his saber in his magnet hand? He does it pretty well, and if you put Mace's saber, his saber and Yoda's saber on his magnet, it looks like he's really gonna kick some Battle Droid butt! :D

mrmiller
06-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
figuremanity

Nice. :)

You crack me up Okie ;)

=MATT=

Darth Yambag
06-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Get rid of the cheesy head band. That should have been an accesory.
Cloak is awkward. Cloak makes me dislike Geo mace even more B/C his non-swing arm won't let me put the cloak on him.
with cloak on, he doesn't fit in Jedi Starfighter.
Magnet isn't strong enough to have him hold the Lightsaber with both hands which is someting the Episode I line even could do.
Magnet should be used as a lightsaber hilt but Hasbeenro has failed us again.
Obi-Wan is too cool not to buy...6/10
Not bad, but could have been so great. Could have been Bespin Luke and Vader quality (which is v. good) or Jango kamino quality.

Long Live Mace Windu and Purple lightsabers...have Obi Wan use Purple in E3. !!!

Adam
06-14-2002, 05:53 PM
I think you're getting ObiPilot confused with Obi wan Coruscant chase..

Anyway, I give Oafywan here a 6.

Darth Yambag
06-14-2002, 05:53 PM
It may look like Padme, but does it feel like Natalie is the real question. If it did, it would be the greatest of all time. However, it doesn't and is relagated to one pose and a cheesey pose.

Hopefully they'll try again with this figure. Natalie...ah Padme and Anakin Graveside cinema scene...

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 07:11 PM
What's wrong with the cloak? In pics it looks a lot better than the previous soft goods.

You all remember the E1 cloak, right? Oh, the figmanity!!

saladin
06-14-2002, 07:34 PM

The True Maul
06-14-2002, 08:30 PM
4/10 Really good sculpt and stupid gimmick that was uneeded :rolleyes:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-14-2002, 09:29 PM
The accessories make up for the bad figure.

jedibear
06-15-2002, 01:11 AM
I'm giving it an "8"....

I like the accessories (especially the metal saber hilt...a real touch of class...I wish ALL the hilts were metal) & while on the whole I'm not liking the "action" features that the line's been cursed with, at least this one works & isn't too distracting from the figure.
As for the scale, I think it's porportionately correct with the other figures....Obi-Wan is shorter than Anakin & Dooku towers over him (as he should).

I took the cloak from the EpOne Naboo accessory set and put it on him and have him standing next to his Jedi Starfighter....I think it looks great....

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 01:59 AM
If you don't mind me adding... I would give it a 4 at most. Not only is it every ware but its not really that well put together. Thats just my say ;)

Hellboy
06-15-2002, 02:10 AM
I'd give it a 6/10

It would've gotten a 5 but +1 for the metal saber hilt.
:D

Tycho
06-15-2002, 03:21 AM
This figure gets maybe a 5?

OK, here's the gist of it: Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters in any SW, and especially in AOTC. I really thought the main cast shined in this. What does that have to do with the figure? Obi-Wan would really be my favorite hero character to have a figure of, but this figure (Coruscant Chase) is lacking.

He can't turn at the wrists.

He can't double handle his lightsaber. (that's all I really want more articulation for!)

I do like the magnet feature and the fact that the saber detaches from the hilt.

Why they didn't make it so he could wear it on his belt is beyond me.

But since the figure isn't more poseable, it just feels like something's wrong or limiting it.

But it's Obi-Wan, and for that reason, he's kept on my desk right now. I've been picking him up and looking at him while I type.

But I think Obi-Wan is at the half-way point for me (in terms of the AOTC figures).

What's better?

Super Battle Droid
C-3PO
R2D2
Kit Fisto
Jango Fett Kamino
Captain Typho
Jango Final Battle
Anakin Hanger Duel
Zam Wessel

What's worse?

Anakin Outland Peasant
Padme Arena Battle
Tusken Mother
Luminara
JarJar

There's more examples of either.

But I like the idea of this review series. I'll participate from time to time.

But I mainly came in here because I wanted to SCREAM:

I want an Episode 2 Obi-Wan that can double-grip his Lightsaber!

Beast
06-15-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
But I mainly came in here because I wanted to SCREAM:
I want an Episode 2 Obi-Wan that can double-grip his Lightsaber!
I disagree with the fact that Jar Jar, Tusken Mommy, and Luminara are worse then Obi-Wan. But that's not why I replied. The Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan can hold his lightsaber with both hands. Unfortunatly you get the headset molded on, but maybe you can do a headswap. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Put her on the back of the Reek, JT. You will gain a whole new appreciation for her wide stance, since she can actually ride on the Reek's back. And give the chain to Anakin, so he can use it for the makeshift chain reins from the movie.I didn't buy the Reek because it doesn't interest me as a toy. I thought the scene where they all jumped on its back just didn't work for me - especially when all 3 finally got on there.

Since I'm grading the toy on what I think of it and not what I'd think of it if I added a fifteen-dollar beast or gave its accessories away, I think the 3 is an accurate vote. Besides, without the chain, she's got pretty much NOTHING to interest me.

Plus, because of her gimmick, she appears to be too large.

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 06:39 AM
I give this figure a 6.5

It's in a smaller scale, the hair paint is all the wrong color, the left arm is bent at a hard angle, the right arm is very straight and juts out at a strong angle, the right hand is straight open with a HUGE magnet in it, the facial hair is sculpted too thick, and the figure's stance is a bit too extreme for my tastes.

However, once I gave Obi-Wan's hair (both head and facial) an orange overcoat via an orange highlighter, he really seemed to come alive. I really like his saber, the assassin droid is nice enough, the magnet is strong, and the figure fits in the Anakin Speeder quite well.

This one basically has a lot of faults but juuuuuuust squeeks by on charm to get my 6.5 vote.

cptpinkerton
06-15-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey JT, could you pop in an attachment of your highlight hair Obi Wan for all to see? I'm interested to check it out.
Luke

I don't have the figure, so I can't rank it.

vulcantouch
06-15-2002, 06:09 PM
can always trade it to me for something you might like better (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8625) ;)

mrmiller
06-16-2002, 01:51 AM
For the weekend we'll rate C3-PO. Rate him 1-10 and tell why. If you missed the previous discussions on Obi-Wan and Padme, join in here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

I'll give C3-PO a solid 7. I really like his figure, it's pretty amazing how good he looks with all his coverings on. Before I opened him, I was pretty sure it would look lame with the coverings. But I was wrong, and really like it. The only problems I have are in the colors of the coverings (which could have been much better) and the fact that we never see this in the movie.

=MATT=

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Don't you mean the Saga 3PO?

I rate it a 4. The colors are off, and it looks more like they were lazy with it. the parts though and the crate are good diorama fillers though, and the 3PO figure would be a good figure for a junkyard scene.

Dar' Argol
06-16-2002, 02:05 AM
mrmiller, I PM'ed you about this but I'm gonna post it here too.

I am going to merge the Rated threads after the new one appears. So since mrmiller has started the weekend rated thread, Thurs and Fri have been merged. This will happen with each new Rated thread. For all the old Rated threads go here:

Rate the Figures 1-10 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245)

Aslo, as a side note to the ppl how post here. You may want to put the name of the figure in the post subject line. That way when it gets merged, it won't be too confusing which fig you are reffering too (anyone that has gone into a merged thread knows what I am talking about). Thanx all:D

mrmiller
06-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Very good Dar' Argol. That sounds cool. And yes, I mean the Saga C3-PO (this is postedn in the saga section). I like this one, maybe I'm just a C3-PO fan.

=MATT=

Forhekset
06-16-2002, 02:59 PM
I too thought this C-3PO would be really lame when I saw the first pics of the figure. Even seeing it in the stores, I passed it up, until a buddy of mine at work saw my Saga R2-D2 and said, Hey man where's C-3PO? You gotta have C-3PO next to R2!! I said, yeah....you're right. So I went and bought him, and I like the figure quite a bit. It's fun putting his coverings on, and he doesn't look bulky at all, like I thought he would. Plus that crate he comes with is cool. You can store those goofy neon-colored Force blobs that the Jedi come with in it, if nothing else. I give C-3PO a 7.

Aeros Kahn
06-16-2002, 07:55 PM
3po was one of the last figures i picked up in the saga line
cuz i looked at the back of the box and he looks really bulky and stupid with the coverings on and i was scared that i wouldnt like the figure at all.

well the coverings do not stick out at all and the figure is quite cool. i give it a 7.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 09:40 PM
cptpinkerton, I'm afraid I don't yet have a decent pic of it, but I'll take one next time I get the camera out. Kinda makes me wish I had done a "before" pic. ;)

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 10:21 PM
I changed the opening post's URL to the proper location for clarity's sake.

-- my rating--

C-3PO - 4.5

I wanted to like this figure, I really did, but putting it next to any other C-3PO pretty much killed that. When "naked", the gray main color is really plasticky-looking rather than metallic, the wiring paint seems to suffer from thicker lines and sloppiness, and the figure's eyes seem googly due to what appears to be bad design rather than paint. When "dressed", the leg pieces flare WAY out at the hip and the arm pieces look too big. The face plate has a hard time staying in place on mine as well. While dressed, the colors on this one seem ok, naked the primarily-brown and -green parts seem too bold.

However, what saves this figure for me from being a complete wreck is that putting some of the pieces on is a few moments of entertainment, and the big box is a very nice generic Star Wars storage container.

JEDIpartner
06-16-2002, 10:32 PM
I found one that wasn't all "googly eyed". I like it inspite of the hip area. I like this one because it's "fun" but I'm waiting for the deluxe one to come out soon.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Really? I've looked through DOZENS, maybe HUNDREDS of this figure in search of a normal-eyed one since mine will have to go back to the store some day (the face plate was cracked when I got it) and I've yet to see one that's got normal eyes.

Lord Tenebrous
06-16-2002, 11:30 PM
The problem with Threepio is that I can't find one that wasn't "decorated with correction fluid", as I say. I would even be okay with a light accent, but every one has long, obvious streaks of messy white paint.

I don't give points for effort, so until I find one to my liking, Threepio gets a 46/100.

The sad thing is, when the Celebration II figure was being touted as "innovative", this was my early speculation - a Threepio with attachable panels. Good thing I was wrong. :(

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-17-2002, 01:49 AM
It's something different. I'll give it a 7.

mrmiller
06-17-2002, 09:36 AM
Here we go again. The second week of "rate the figure". Rate the figure 1-10, and give your comments on it. Also, let me know if you like the idea of this continuing thread. Previous rate the figures can be found at the following thread:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

Kit Fisto. What much more can I say... He really doesn't do much for me. I like the fact that he doens't have lame gimmicks, but at the same time he is kind of boring. There really isn't anything wrong with him, but he doesn't excite me much. Maybe he needs more accessories, whatever they may be. Or maybe I'd perfer not the have the intense snarling Kit, but a super happy grin Kit. Best I can do is a 6.

=MATT=

Oh, yea. Be sure and put "Kit Fisto" either in your subject or in the body of your message, as this thread will be merged with the other "rate the figure" threads later.

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Kit Fisto - another hyperposed Jedi statue. I love the sculpt and the look of the character, but I can't give a figure with so little articulation and play value more than a 5. He's ok if you like to just set your figures on a shelf and stare at them, like I do, but even I'd like to be able to take him out of that "lunging" pose.

aceguide
06-17-2002, 09:41 AM
C3PO

I like this figure a lot. Fun for the kids especially.

Only problem is the bulk of the panels.

aceguide
06-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Kit Fisto

I like Kit. Good sculpt, mine has an incredible paint job.

Only negative is that he is not much for standing upright.

brentfett
06-17-2002, 10:29 AM
6.5/10

All I wanted out of Kit Fisto was to pose him alongside my other Jedi, so I wasn't too disappointed in his lack of poseability. Great paint job and sculpt. Hate the action feature thing though, it makes a gap between his arm and torso.

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 10:32 AM
4/10- he's too posed and little use for anything else. The action feature further ruins this figure. I would have liked a more poseable figure so I could send him on a diplomatic mission for the Jedi... and not have him in perpetual "aggressive negotiations". :frus:

Adam
06-17-2002, 12:01 PM
8/10!

I really like this figure. The only thing that I don't like is the now infamous slashing lightsaber attack, which kinda takes the place of the arm articulation it should have had.

Darth Shifty
06-17-2002, 01:13 PM
C3PO

I like this figure... good sculpt, fun accessories. Overall I'd say 7.5.

saladin
06-17-2002, 01:13 PM
i give kit a 7, i just have him on my shelf so i don't mind the pose to bad but i wish i had another choice for pose.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-17-2002, 01:18 PM
5/10

pthfnder89
06-17-2002, 01:28 PM
About 7.5/10.

I really like this figure despite his flaws. The lightsaber slashing doesn't bother me, even if I could do without it.

I wound up customizing mine recently; he is still ready for battle but I've modified his legs so that he is standing straight and his head so that the tentacles are draped normally behind him, instead of flying around. I think it's a nice improvement, although the legs were a pain to change.:)

mrmiller
06-17-2002, 01:52 PM
After a week or so, I'll average all the ratings and put up the score for each figure. So until I do that, feel free to vote/judge each of the ones I have listed. So far I've done Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, and now Kit Fisto.

=MATT=

SuperBattleDroid88
06-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Could you post a pic of your Kit Custom?

Darth Detori
06-17-2002, 02:32 PM
he's not a bad figure, but just plain not that interesting

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-17-2002, 03:10 PM
I like the sculpt. I'll give Kit a 7.

mrmiller
06-17-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't see a problem with Kit's action feature. At least it's not some crapy gimmick like the magnet removable peices or a button or something sticking out of him.

Hellboy
06-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Kit Fisto-7/10

I like this figure overall but like others I'd prefer better arm articulation instead of the slashing action. He has trouble standing but if you put him on a stand that is solved. Other than that I like the paint job and he looks cool holding 2 sabers.

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 07:49 PM
KIT FISTO - 5

I have mixed feelings about this figure. The legs are in an extreme action pose - they may as well have pulled an Eeth Koth and not bothered to articulate the hips at all. The head tenticles are in a "wild" position, I wish they were a little more relaxed. The arms are in a cool position, but the left arm's karate-chop spring means it's JUST that position for the left arm (a position that doesn't even work right since the arm is bent at the elbow). The magnet-in-hand gimmick doesn't work, and I think it may have been an afterthought as the hand is sculpted normal rather than "open", and the placement of the magnet seems fairly haphazard.

The metal saber hilt is very cool, I really like this feature. The right arm and wrist are well-articulated to allow for a little variety of poses. The magnet came out of the hand on mine, but luckily, it fit perfectly in the hole on the belt, so now the saber hilt can sit on the figure's belt - which is cooler than his Force action.

I wish I liked this figure better.

Jargo
06-17-2002, 07:59 PM
I like the head sculpt but also wish the tails were a little less flappy and the paint better applied. His slashing arm can be broken to fix the spring loaded thing and repositioned. You just push it hard in whichere direction you want it to be posed and alter the start point of the spring action. I'd break the spring action properly but then his arm would hang limp. Can't see the point of that or the magnet frankly. I hate the legs and think he looks like he slipped on ice and is about to split his kipper :eek: ouch! But the sculpt is about so so for a jedi uniformed character. Seen one jedi uniform, seen them all sort of thing.
He doesn't stand at all so I have to go with a 3/10 for Kit and say the head is the only part that's worth rating.

I demand that we get a resculpt in a neutral pose with his robe as a soft goods robe. Give him freedom of movement with articulation rather than a prepose that looks spastic. That's all folks. :)

mrmiller
06-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Another day, another figure to rate. Rate it 1-10 and be sure to include the figures name in the subject or body of your message. All these rate the figure threads will be merged sooner or later.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto) can be found here:http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

Super Battle Droid. Well, well..... What can I say. I think this figure sucks. I know some people like it, but I can't figure out why. The "blow apart" action is crappy and the figures barely stays in one peice. He can't stand up on his own, his legs seem to soft and are already bowing. But, my biggest gripe are his arms. Why does he come with a lame rocket launcher instead of an arm that can rotate into firing position. I'd much rather have a rotating arm, than another lame gimmick that's not even in the movie. Man, this could have been one of the better figures in the line, as the super battle droids are really cool in the movie. But as it stands, I think it's one of the worst figures out. I'll give it a 2 on the merit that he does have additional peices I can lay around my arena battle scene for additional carnage.

=MATT=

Forhekset
06-18-2002, 08:58 AM
I give the Super Battle Droid a solid 7. He has decent articulation (mine stands just fine, and he can also kneel), his "action feature" doesn't detract from the figure (the button on his back is hardly noticeable), and his interchangeable parts are cool as well. I frankly don't care about the SBDs in the movie, but I think the figure is one of the better ones from the initial 27 released.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 09:34 AM
I agree with you there. I'd actually give this one 8/10. I really like this figure. It's got good playability. While the second arm is to simulate the shooting mechanism in their arms, I consider it EU, but pretty cool EU! I have no problems standing mine up either (I have two).

DeadEye
06-18-2002, 09:41 AM
My only problem is the arm position. Its palm should be facing down, not to the side.

I give it 8/10

hango fett
06-18-2002, 09:48 AM
i give it 7.5/10 it could have better color to what they look like in the movie because they are not blue....

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-18-2002, 10:09 AM
I would have liked it better if the legs did come off. The changeable arm is pretty cool. I give it a 7.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-18-2002, 11:07 AM
9/10 :D

Dar' Argol
06-18-2002, 03:23 PM
mrmiller, I took out the other link as to not cause too much confusion:D

Darth Shifty
06-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Super Battle Droid

Great figure! Blast apart action, interchangable breast-plate/firing arm and overall nice sculpt.

8/10

brentfett
06-18-2002, 03:47 PM
5/10
Not too crazy about the SBD. Nice sculpt, and the interchangable parts are OK, but his legs are TOO SKINNY!!! The blow apart feature has totally compromised the figure's durability, making the arms way too loose. I hope they make a nice boring but durable version in the future.

aceguide
06-18-2002, 04:49 PM

SBD is a nice figure - but leaves something to be desired in durability. Like the blast apart effect - the best of the action effects IMO.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 05:12 PM
I give it a 6.

It's not that hard to stand, just gotta posistion it correctly. the "battle damage" is pretty cool if you buy multiples and use some of the SBDs to litter your arena dio with. The 2 different chest pieces are nicely added features, however the figure could've used some ankle articulation so that you could put it in a running pose like it is in, or a standing at attention pose.
The other arm isn't too bad, and can go on either arm and look good so you can have his regular right arm with the blasters and then the left arm can have the cannon arm, or you could put the cannon arm or regular right arm on the right side and give his left hand a Battle Droid blaster which is a perfect fit for their hand - will need a little work to get it securely on him.

JediTricks
06-18-2002, 06:40 PM
Super Battle Droid - 7.5

If this figure had a rotating right forearm, it'd be an 8 or 9. If it had less-posed legs, or a tighter assembly, at least an 8. If it had better internal details, again, at least an 8. But as it is, it's not bad at a 7.5, I just wish it had any one of those things (all and it'd be a 9.5 :D).

I like this figure, the exploding chest has a REALLY strong spring. You can even replace the left arm with the giant gun instead of the right arm, if you desire. It's not perfect, but it's cool in my book.

JediDan
06-18-2002, 07:22 PM
SBD..... I give it a 1. Man this figure sucked.

darthdeogg
06-18-2002, 08:37 PM
4/10

It's not a BAD figure......okay, wait, yes it IS a bad figure haha

-Dan

mrmiller
06-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Thanks Jedi Dan, I thought I was the only one. When I got home, I reviewed the SBD once more. It's still crap.

=MATT=

saladin
06-18-2002, 09:05 PM
5/10
i just don't think it's a good figure.

TIE Pilot
06-19-2002, 01:32 AM
This figure gets a thumbs up from me!

Good articulation, fun accessories.. it's just an all around good looking and fun figure.

8.5/10

jingofett
06-19-2002, 02:53 AM
i give it a 9/10 . the only thing wrong is the exploding. and putting it back together! GOD THATS LONG {}[][][]::::::::::>

mrmiller
06-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Another day, another figure to rate. Rate it 1-10 and be sure to include the figures name in the subject or body of your message. All these rate the figure threads will be merged sooner or later.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD) can be found here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forum...&threadid=10245

Young Boba Fett. What a little punk he is. I like his character in the movie, as you can believe he will become the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. I also like his figure. It's not great, and he is another one of those figures that includes stuff that he has nothing to do with in the movie, but I still like it. He even looks good without the poncho. I just wish he didn't have the "wet hair" look, as many I've seen have problems with a sloppy paint job. I'll give it an 8.

=MATT=

aceguide
06-19-2002, 10:21 AM
8 for Boba as well.

Like the pack-ins although they are far fetched.

Sculpt is good.

brentfett
06-19-2002, 12:25 PM
7/10

Not a bad figure. The pack-ins are (from what I hear) based on earlier versions of the script. That's cool, he had to come with something! His face seems to be one of the more accurate faces as well.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 12:37 PM
I give it a 8/10.
I like his pose and accessories. Plus he is a Fett and I cant NOT like that!!
I am just trying to get used to Boba looking like this. Used to him in the armor and all grown up like in the OT.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Eh, I'll give it a 7.5/10. I also liked the Boba Fett character in the film. You could just sense by his expressions and whatnot the future of young Boba.

My friend dave seems to think that the pose he's striking on the card (that martial arts like pose) is a sign that Jet Li will play him in Episode III. oh the discussions we've had on that.

anyway, 7.5/10! good figure, mine could've had better paint, but there aren't many Boba Fett figures that suck.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 12:49 PM
I doubt Jet Li will play Boba in Ep III. If what I am hearing is correct, Ep III will take place 2-3 years after AOTC. That means Boba will still be fairly young. I cant see Jet Li playing a young adolescent.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Yeah, that's what i was screamin'!!! i totally disagreed with that idea. Though if fett is still young, i don't see how he can kill a bunch of Jedi's and whatnot. then again, we'll have to wait and see. I personally think Jet Li won't be playing fett....sorry to get off topic though!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-19-2002, 01:17 PM
I give it an 8 just because anything Boba Fett rules!

Adam
06-19-2002, 03:50 PM
4. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I would probably score him lower if he didn't come with those accessories.

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 06:06 PM
I'd say... 5/10.

The figure isn't bad, although we really could've use a more neutral one. :D They should've put in some wrist articulation or at least a swivel joint in the left arm like in the right one just for the heck of it.

The face sculpt seems to be off, looks like they made his head more oval.

The figure is pretty good though for Kamino Escape scenes and the cut fly-away scene on Geonosis.

mrmiller
06-19-2002, 11:22 PM
If you still want to vote on last weeks figures, get them in. I'm going to start averaging the reviews after they are a week old. Then we can see how the collecting community rates the figures.

=MATT=

saladin
06-20-2002, 12:51 AM
It's not a bad figure but the rope is to long adn i hate removeable helments, so i give a 6 overall.

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by saladin
It's not a bad figure but the rope is to long adn i hate removeable helments, so i give a 6 overall.

I think you're mistaking this for Jango Fett (Kamino Escape). :D

JediTricks
06-20-2002, 05:11 AM
Boba Fett - 5

This figure is pretty weak. Meant to represent Boba in the rain, the rain-soaked hairstyle doesn't look all that real or recognizable. The poncho looks like a trashbag, and the figure is made to wear the fett helmet and backpack, but it really REALLY looks silly when he does.

As a regular Boba figure, the rain hair still makes it look funky, but also the extreme pose keeps it from being "generic" enough - the kid isn't having a shootout at the OK corral, he's just a kid who mostly stands around and looks at things or says things in a slightly-too-cutesy way. This figure could be worse though, so it gets a 5.

mrmiller
06-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Once again, another figure to rate. Rate it 1-10 and be sure to include the figures name in the subject or body of your message. All these rate the figure threads will be merged sooner or later.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba) can be found here:

Female Tusken with Child. Well, I haven't opend this one yet, but it doesn't do much for me. I guess it looks OK, just not too exciting a figure. It would be cool if they were made like the Geonosian in the Ani Deluxe pack. But since I haven't opend this one I'll have to take everyones word on it as a figure. As it goes in the package, I'll give it a 5.

=MATT=

brentfett
06-20-2002, 02:46 PM
6.5/10

I don't mind this figure. I'm not as hung up as others on SSG about articulation, I just display my figures, I don't literally play with them. (OK so I did fly Slave 1 around my house when I first got it for a few hours!). I love the design and sculpt.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-20-2002, 02:50 PM
THe mother is ok and I like the little guy, but I'll have to give it 5.

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 03:24 PM
7/10- the thing that diminished the coolness of this figure is the fact that she has no real arm joints. It was a disappointement to see that you couldn't raise her arms up over her hear with the gaffi stick.

The design of the costume and the attention to the detail rocks! That saves this lady from being a statue.

Forhekset
06-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
7/10- the thing that diminished the coolness of this figure is the fact that she has no real arm joints. It was a disappointement to see that you couldn't raise her arms up over her hear with the gaffi stick.

The design of the costume and the attention to the detail rocks! That saves this lady from being a statue.

JEDIpartnr pretty much summed up my thoughts on this figure. She does look pretty cool standing next to some male Tuskens. :)

BobaFett
06-20-2002, 04:26 PM
I give it a 6.5/10. Definately not one I sought after. I bought it when TRU had no Yoda's so I would waste a trip.

I like it. Good detail extra figure and a hold for the child. the only problem is that when you put the child in the sack the female tips over.

aceguide
06-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Female Tuskin - 7.5

Love the detail. The little guy is very cool.

Yoda'sMaster
06-20-2002, 06:14 PM
8/10 looks good in packege=)

Darth Narcis
06-20-2002, 06:17 PM
7/10, because of the baby.

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 08:04 PM
6.5/10

While not a very playful figure, like you couldn't put it as "attacking" Anakin if you wanted her to, she does add a little more to Tusken group dioramas though, and she's nicely detailed. Kinda wish the baby could do more...like sit. Overall though, she's a pretty good figure.

saladin
06-20-2002, 08:56 PM
7/10 gives a new demension to tuskens and looks preatty sweet.

mrmiller
06-21-2002, 10:51 AM
Thats cool that most everyone likes the tuskin. I liked it OK, but thought most people would be bored with it. That's one reason I've started these threads, to see how the collector looks at the figures. I bet the kids are not to high on her.

=MATT=

mrmiller
06-21-2002, 11:11 AM
TGIF with another figure to rate. Rate it 1-10 and be sure to include the figures name in the subject or body of your message. All these rate the figure threads will be merged sooner or later.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin) can be found here:

Ol' Cap Typho. Isn't Typho some sort of disease? Anyhow, this figure is OK I guess. It doen't really excite me much, and the character was pretty pointless. I still don't know why they didn't use Panaka. Oops, sorry- off subject again.

I haven't opened this figure yet so I can't give it the proper grade. I haven't been excited about it enough to open him yet (plus I'm out of stands ;) ) so I can't give it more than a 6. A fairly boreing figure that doesn't even have an "action feature". Then again, no action feature might be a good thing.

=MATT=

brentfett
06-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Captain Typho

Sorry I can't rate this figure, because I fall asleep everytime I get near him from boredom, so I haven't actually even seen him yet!:D

JEDIpartner
06-21-2002, 11:24 AM
honestly...

9/10 This, to me, is a near perfect figure. No... it doesn't have a tonne of articulation, but it has the basic required articulation. The helmet is sweet. These "transparent" visors are the best thing to happen to the figures in a long time. The likeness to the actor is pretty decent and the accessories make sense. He even fits into the Naboo Starfighter.

JEDIpartner
06-21-2002, 11:34 AM
8/10- the likeness is a bit off, but it's a good traditional action figure. It comes with a good number of accessories. The helmet and the pack are a little funny, but it gives little Boba the chance to have further adventures after leaving Geonosis behind at the end of AOTC.

AT-AT Man
06-21-2002, 01:59 PM
i think he is a great figure, i agree with the 9/10, thats what i give it.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Well sculpted figure. No gimmicks, that's good. 8!

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
Ol' Cap Typho. Isn't Typho some sort of disease? Anyhow, this figure is OK I guess. It doen't really excite me much, and the character was pretty pointless. I still don't know why they didn't use Panaka. Oops, sorry- off subject again.

Actually that's Typhoid Fever.

I rate this 8/10.

While not a very articulated figure, it was well done and is along the lines of the Naboo Security Guard which was one of my favorite Episode 2 figures. Along with a cool blaster and it's "hang from the belt" feature, the figure is nicely neutral stanced and comes with a removeable helmet which is a major plus, even if when you look at his face through the helmet it's not a perfect fit for viewing out of. Although the visor isn't clear colored so it's not all that noticeable.

Nice detailing and nice likeness to the character. Could've used a few extra articulation points for playability, but overall, this a good figure - which has actually been selling around here. :cool:

darthdeogg
06-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Captain Tyhpoid....I mean Typho......good solid figure, I'd give it an 8

-Dan

saladin
06-21-2002, 05:49 PM
i give it and 8/10 i don't like it to much cause it's to plain but then again i''m glad it's not in an action pose and has no gimics.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2002, 05:55 PM
I give ol Typho a 6/10.
Hes a good figure but he just doesnt excite me very much. I know he didnt do too much in the movie but still he is pretty plain. Then again I have seen alot worse in a figure, so he isnt a letdown either.
But there is one thing I think is funny about him. I am convinced he is "The Rock" of the SW universe.

DeadEye
06-21-2002, 07:15 PM
I give it a 9/10. He doubles as a thug for Jango to kill. :D

TIE Pilot
06-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Nice likeness, no gimmicks, removeable helmet (I ~really~ like the new Naboo pilot helmets!).

8/10

Adam
06-21-2002, 11:37 PM

Why wasn't Panaka in Ep2? I don't remember which is accurate, but it was either he didn't want to return, or he wanted more money then they would give him. So in the films Panaka "retired" and Typho takes his place.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Adam

Why wasn't Panaka in Ep2? I don't remember which is accurate, but it was either he didn't want to return, or he wanted more money then they would give him. So in the films Panaka "retired" and Typho takes his place.

I read somewhere that Hugh Q.(the dude who played Panaka, I don't remember how to spell his last name) was scripted to be killed in Episode 2, therefore he refused to reprise his role as Panaka.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2002, 01:23 AM
eh, 7.5/10

I think the eye patch is just kinda silly. I think they were like "this dude looks like a huge sissy....what can we do to make him look tough?...hmmmmmm, I know!!! an eye patch!! good thinkin' Rick" (followed by George giving Rick a high five)

and as for Hugh not takin his role up, lord, if i was asked just to be in a scene for .2 seconds of a SW film, i'd take it. They wouldn't even have to pay me, just be like "go in that direction" and i'd be happy.

anyway, yeah 7.5/10. Good figure, neat visor, but that eye patch is just too silly.

OneArmedJango
06-22-2002, 01:51 AM
9/10. I think not only it looks cool but it has a feel to it.

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 06:01 AM
Judging Typho on his own merits...

Captain Typho - 7

This figure is dull as dishwater, but is an adequate action figure. The face, torso, and leg pose are all really, really, really bland as if the figure has nothing to do and so he's just standing there contemplating the nature of the gum he's quietly chewing while waiting for time to slowly pass... and that's WITH the blast-effect-wearing gun in his hand!!! I appreciate the bland legs, they're adequate for being ready to move or not. I think the torso design is too bland, but that MAY be the fault of the costumer, I can no longer remember. But when you put those 2 together with this figure's face... hooo doggies! This guy looks like he's waiting for someone to pass him the ketchup so he can hold it over his burger and watch... it... slooooooooowly... come... ... out.

The helmet is a bit too tight, the plastic seems a bit too shiny, and when the figure is holding his weapon, it leaves an unsightly hole in his belt; but I like the accessories and the bicep articulation on the right arm and I'm glad to have a figure that's not stretching for gymnastics or something. I just wish his face had a little more emotion to it.

mrmiller
06-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Sorry all, I was gone away on business all week and was not able to keep up the Threads. I was surprised with the PM's that people are that interested. Anyhow, I'm back and I'll kick off another string of "Rate the Figure" threads with Shaak Ti. Rate it 1-10 and be sure to include the figures name in the subject or body of your message. All these rate the figure threads will be merged sooner or later.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho) can be found here:

Shaak Ti, another figurine rather than action figure. Not much to do with her, but at least she looks OK. I really don't have much more to say about her. I'll give her a 6, as it's always nice to have another Jedi for my arena.

=MATT=

patchiswelsh
06-28-2002, 04:38 PM
9/10

JediJeff77
06-28-2002, 04:41 PM
I would say 9/10. I don't believe any figure (except Ultimate 12" Jango) deserves a 10. I would count off .5 points because my Shaak-Ti leans to one side and looks sorta silly, but the paint, pose and detail are EXCELLENT, she is a really cool figure and beautifully done.
-J

Darth Shifty
06-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Shaak Ti:

One of my favorite figures - 9/10.

Lord Tenebrous
06-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Shaak gets a big deduction for her lack of articulation/playablity. As a new member of the high council, she deserved better than paperweight status. Sure, she's detailed, but aesthetics are no substitution for an overall well-designed figure. 4/10

Adam
06-28-2002, 06:05 PM
While she does look nice, her one pose wonderness limits her.

5/10

InsaneJediGirl
06-28-2002, 06:41 PM
7.5/10

Although a wonderfully done figure,Shaak Ti cant move much.Shes stuck in this super-lunge pose.A favorite figure of mine,I just wish she had more playability.

TIE Pilot
06-28-2002, 06:47 PM
8/10

Wonderful paint aps, great sculpt, nice pose. Nice lightsaber hilt too!

Jek Porky 2002
06-28-2002, 06:56 PM
9/10 my favourate EpII figure

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-28-2002, 08:24 PM
9/10
I love the way the pose is.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 02:25 AM
7/10

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 02:57 AM
kit fisto-9/10

Big Chewie
06-29-2002, 04:24 AM
9/10
One of my favorites
Excellent pose

saladin
06-29-2002, 04:36 PM
8/10 nice scuplt with some movement.

mrmiller
07-01-2002, 12:59 PM
Be sure and put the figures name in the subject or your paragraph. These threads will be merged, and no one will know what figure you are rating. Thanks.

=MATT=

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Finally picked an extra opener of this figure up.

8/10.

The detail on her is good, and she can look great in an Arena diorama but they could've added some extra arm articulation like in the hands and elbows. Her waist could've been articulated too like Luminara's just to add just a little more to the figure. Overall though it's a pretty good figure, unfortunately though her ricochet effect weighs down her lightsaber especially since she has smaller hands.

mrmiller
07-01-2002, 01:07 PM
Rate the figure 1-10. Be sure and put the figures name in the Tilte or your review. These threads will be merged as a huge "rate the figure" ATOC/Saga thread.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak) can be found here:

The new ATOC Battle Droid. Seems kinda cheaply made to me, and it's not as good as the TPM Battle driods. 6 of 10 is the best I can do.

=MATT=

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 01:12 PM
3/10.

We've need this type of Battle Droid since May 3rd, '99. The one figure they SHOULD use action posing on, and they hardly do.

The plastic used for the figure is a BIG let-down. Mace's Battle Droid is sturdier than this. Plus the lack of knee articulation gives it another minus.

The blaster is actually molded in Navy Blue soft plastic which makes it more gummy - unlike the blasters that came with Mace's Battle Droid and Arena Padme which are black plastic and more sturdy.

Only reason why this figure gets the score it's getting is because it's needed for E1 Dios.

pthfnder89
07-01-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

The detail on her is good, and she can look great in an Arena diorama but they could've added some extra arm articulation like in the hands and elbows.

Exactly. I would have like to see her with ball jointed shoulders like Saesse Tiin. With just those shoulders joints she would have been able strike so many more poses.

Overall I like her a lot though. 7.5/10

aceguide
07-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Shaak Ti

9/10

One of my favorites. Detail excellent. Pose is very cool. Certainly would like to see a more neutral pose - but that goes for all the AOTC Jedi thus far.

aceguide
07-01-2002, 03:45 PM
AOTC Battle Droid

2/10

What gives!?! Why the cheap plastic. Did they throw away the EpI molds?!?! A bonus to continuing an army - but I'll wait (and hope) for Droid (troop) builder set!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-01-2002, 03:52 PM
6.5/10
Great paint job but lacks articulation......

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-02-2002, 12:43 AM
5/10

Blast effect looks cool. Figure could have been done better.

Lord Tenebrous
07-02-2002, 12:56 AM
0.5/10

Why they didn't release a standard battle droid using the security droid mold is beyond me.

It gets half a point because it's soft enough to easily cut it into droid debris.

mrmiller
07-02-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
0.5/10 It gets half a point because it's soft enough to easily cut it into droid debris.

I like that- I'll go ahead and add a half point too. :D

=MATT=

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 08:42 AM
I never bought the AOTC Battle Droid, because it looks so crappy on the pegs. I've pondered buying a couple ever since 4/23, but every time I stop and look at them they just look horrible. They appear to be made of the same gummy floppy material that sneak preview Zam's rifle is made out of. It just looks like a terrible figure, but that's only my impression from seeing it in the package umpteen times. Based on that, I'd give it a 1/10 (1 point because it can hold its gun).

Count Dooku
07-02-2002, 12:16 PM
0/10

Garbage figure and character. I might buy one in the clearance isle for 99 cents, maybe...

pthfnder89
07-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
0.5/10
Why they didn't release a standard battle droid using the security droid mold is beyond me.

Exactly Lord Tenebrous. Or simply using the main body of the Boomer Damaged BD with the Security BDs arms and voila. Would that really have been so hard?:rolleyes: All the time and effort they put into creating a brand new sculpt for the saga line andthey make it completely inferior to the previous versions.

It gets a 0.5/10 from me as well. Theres a reason I only have POTJ Battle Droids in all of my Arena Dioramas.

mrmiller
07-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Rate the figure 1-10. Be sure and put the figures name in the Title or your review. These threads will be merged as a huge "rate the figure" ATOC/Saga thread.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod) can be found here:

*note* If you have not had a chance to particapate in the previous ratings, go ahead and post in the previous thread and list all your scores for the figures previously reviewed.

Jango Fett, Kamino Escape. The best figure in the saga line so far (at least the best I have got). Cool accessories, cool action features, nice likeness, multiple articulation points - what's not to like? I mean, his guns even go in his holsters, how cool is that? I only wish he had a turtleneck on so it would look a little better with his helmet on.

I really like how his action pose looks, and the fact that he is articulated enough to not be stuck in only that one pose. To me that is the major problem with the other Saga figures- They are one pose figurines.

Jango, the best so far- 9 of 10 ( could still cover up that neck )

=MATT=

JetsAndHeels
07-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Now this is the figure I was waiting to review. The Jango Fett: Kamino Escape figure. Well, since he is my fav character from AOTC and from the SAGA line so far, I had to chime in on this one.
First of all, the accesories with him are cool by themselves. You get the removable helmet (a big plus since they could have just left it molded on), the grappling hook device, the 2 blasters, and the firing missle. I couldnt wait to open this guy just to try out the cool stuff on him.
I think the likeness and the pose of this figure also makes it one of the best. If you got a good paintjob on him as I did, he really makes a good piece to your collection. The scars and beard on his face add to the likeness of Jango. A big plus.
And the best thing about this figure is he is just fun to play with. I kept posing him in so many different ways and I couldnt decide which I liked best. So I bought 3 of him and had each one different. You can have him firing the missle, aiming his blasters, or using the grappling hook. All 3 are very cool poses.
So being he is my fav character from the film and fav figure from the line so far, I have to give him a perfect 10 out of 10.

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 11:39 AM
10/10

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 11:44 AM
One of the best figures of the Saga Line, everything JangoFett96 said coincides with my thoughts on this figure. 10 +

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 12:20 PM
10/10

figrin bran
07-05-2002, 12:29 PM
i give it a 9.9999/10 . the things that keep it from being a 10 for me are that the neckline peers out from the mask. but other than that it's a great figure, great articulation and play value, great accessories, great holsters.

mrmiller
07-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by figrin bran
i give it a 9.9999/10 . the things that keep it from being a 10 for me are that the neckline peers out from the mask. but other than that it's a great figure, great articulation and play value, great accessories, great holsters.

Wow. Maybe I was a little harsh on deducting 1 point for the neck, seeing you droped it a whole .0001 point. ;)

=MATT=

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-05-2002, 01:14 PM
10/10

Hellboy
07-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Easily one of the 5 best figures in the line thus far

9/10

BobaFett
07-05-2002, 10:28 PM
9.5/10. Yup, the neck thing, I can't give it a perfect score if has a detail I don't like. But it's one of my favorites so far.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Their's nothing but positives on this figure! Wow...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-06-2002, 01:58 AM
Now here's a figure worth talking about! Removeable helmet, grappling hook, missle-firing backpack. 10!

chubbychicken
07-06-2002, 03:24 AM
9.5/10

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 05:56 AM
Jango Fett - Kamino Escape

Grade: 8

This figure is pretty cool, but has a few things that bother me and keep it from being a higher grade. The overall pose is a tad extreme, the helmet seems a bit large and the figure's nose pokes it out of shape, the neck shows when the helmet is on, and the face paint isn't consistant from one figure to the next, most are a bit sloppy.

Still, this is one cool figure and the grappling cuff (it's not a hook Hasbro!) is removable. The working holsters are what sell it though, this is pretty much the swiss-army-knife of SW figures.

Darth Evil
07-06-2002, 07:23 AM
9/10. The neckline is the only thing that annoys me on this figure, the working holsters are brilliant, why aren't they on all the Jango's? The new Pilot better have them!

Darth Yambag
07-06-2002, 11:25 AM
simply the best of the new saga line. The helmet feature is superb. Yes, there is an issue with the neckline, but you could find an issue with however the cured that problem.

Working holsters...firing jetpack...great hand articulation

If only all figures were this quality

mrmiller
07-07-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Darth Yambag
If only all figures were this quality

Amen brother.

=MATT=

mrmiller
07-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Rate the figure 1-10. Be sure and put the figures name in the Title or your review. These threads will be merged as a huge "rate the figure" ATOC/Saga thread.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango) can be found here:

*note* If you have not had a chance to particapate in the previous ratings, go ahead and post in the previous thread and list all your scores for the figures previously reviewed.

Plo - All his action features are what make the figure. (BTW, I really dislike the way most of the action features make the saga figures stuck to specific poses). I really like his Sub-Zero ice blast thingy. (What's the deal with the crappy force effects?). All Joking aside, I think Plo is a cool figure. I like his sculpt, and he displays nice in my arena scene.

75% for a 7.5 rating.

=MATT=

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-08-2002, 10:43 AM
i give plo koon 85% and a 8.5 rating just because he's another jedi and i think his force effect is cool cooler then nitko's and sasse tiin(or how ever you spell it)

aceguide
07-08-2002, 11:02 AM
Plo - 7.5

Not nearly as good a figure as POTJ version. But still a very nice figure.

Still not sure what the snow cone is....

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Plo Koon - 8

My favorite Jedi and a very decent figure. The only real problem I have with mine is his tendancy to fall over. It's very difficult to get his legs juuuust right, so that he's well balanced.

Otherwise he's one of the best figures from the early Saga line. (though I do prefer the POTJ version a bit more)

LTBasker
07-08-2002, 11:29 AM
I give him.. 9/10.

His sculpt is nice and I'm glad he was able to escape the wrath of the gimmicks. The articulation on him is quite pleasing, though it could've had a little more like wrist articulation. But that's really all I see wrong with it. He can even be posed in multiple ways to give some 2 lightsaber attacks. :cool: His force effect isn't bad, it's kinda eh, but I'm currently planning a great way to use it. :D

brentfett
07-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Saga Plo Koon

8 out of 10

It's nice to have an aggressive and relaxed (POTJ) version of the figure. The force effect, like all of them (except Yoda's) is totally lame. He looks way better than the new Saesee and Ki-Adi, who looks very re-sculptey.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Love the force effect! 9!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Great articulation! 8.5/10

Darth Evil
07-08-2002, 01:53 PM
Saga Plo Koon-8/10
Good articulation, no gimmick. He's a bit hard to stand, not as nice the POTJ one.

aceguide
07-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Jango Kamino

Just wish they'd covered the neck line.

Awesome fig.

Lt Kettch
07-08-2002, 03:00 PM
Easily one of my favorites of the first few figures, I actually found this one about 2 weeks before the figures were supposed to go on sale, on a small shelf at wal-mart, they were quickly recalled though. i love him 10/10

Mandalorian30
07-08-2002, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna go with the crowd on this and also give him a 10. He is probably one of my favorite figures.

TIE Pilot
07-08-2002, 03:44 PM
I find it very annoying for a Jedi figure to have elbow articulation in both arms and STILL not be able to hold his saber with two hands *sigh*

That aside, Plo's a pretty good figure. The one I bought didn't have the best paint job, especially on his hands. Although that was easily corrected once I got him out of the package.

All-in-all? A solid 7.5/10

The True Maul
07-08-2002, 05:57 PM
I think this figure is really good Igive it an 9 out of 10 !!!!!!!!:D

jedi_uk73
07-08-2002, 06:04 PM
I'd give it an 7/10.

I prefer the sculpt of the POTJ version, but at least the lightsaber was the right colour with the AOTC/SAGA version.

If it wasn't for that horrible effect thing, It would have got an 8.

Adam
07-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm with Tie Pilot about the two handed hold. Plo is ok, but I just don't like his stance that much.

5/10

Aurra Sing's Undies
07-08-2002, 10:12 PM
I'm down with the Plo - a solid 8

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Plo Koon - 4

This figure came too soon after the POTJ version, and seems really boring. The head's painted details are nowhere as good as the original and the stance and articulation just aren't enough. And that lampshade accessory... what the hell is that about?!?

mrmiller
07-09-2002, 10:59 AM

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango, Plo) can be found here once they are merged:

R2-D2. A pretty good figure as far as R2 goes. I like the electronics, but wish Hasbro would have made the correct spot on him light up. I don't see why they screwed that up (oh yea, it's Hasbro). I open all mine (sorry MOMC people), so the future battery leaking problem doesn't bother me. I guess they "had" to pack something in with him so the huge buble wouldn't look so empty, but they could have done better than the centipedes. I'd have rather have seen some more accessories for R2, like his data port and a tow cable. All in all a pretty good figure, but could have been better: 7.

=MATT=

Jek Porky 2002
07-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Godd basic R2, Nice idea with the sounds, and the Kouhuns are great, 8!

Darth forb1us
07-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Being that there are 2 versions of this r2, I'll give the common, a 7.5, and the variant, an 8
r2 has always been a cool character in the Starwars world, however this figure from atoc does not quite reach his potential. I too would've liked to see other accessories then the centipedes.
The sound is nice, and on the background looks good :)

(if you do not know the 'variant', check r2's legs, if you have a 'screw' looking piece on his shoulder, thats the common. Variant - look at the shoulder for a painted piece, its in the side, rather then protruding. and the side of the piece is much better looking with the variant :)

pic: http://www.jamstoys.com/store/media/ep2031.jpg (jamstoys = good for referance :p :p other then that?.. who knows hahaha )

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
I'd give it a nine out of ten, great new R2 with sound, but I didn't like the Kouhuns all that much. Useless to me.

jdmarlow
07-09-2002, 06:21 PM
I'm with Brandon - high quality figure like most of the saga line. R2 gets a "9" in my book.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Another electronic R2-D2. At least this one doesn't shriek. That's a plus. 8/10!

JediTricks
07-10-2002, 02:57 AM
R2-D2 - grade: 7

It's a generous seven though, since this figure is a rehash of the Power F/X R2-D2 with a better paint job, new color of "eye", and the 2 centipedes. I don't even mind that the centipedes aren't the versions we saw in the film, but this figure has very little originality to it and the orange "eye" really bothers me. Not only has this "eye" never lit up in the films, but it certainly shouldn't be ORANGE!!! Also, R2 never actually did anything in the scene this figure is supposed to be from.

The articulated ankles and the modern style "grooved" leg/hips are much nicer than the Power FX flat "pegs" (though this AOTC figure shipped with BOTH leg/hips). I wish Hasbro had at least updated the sculpt and gotten the dome to turn though.

mrmiller
07-10-2002, 08:48 AM

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit Fisto, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango, Plo, R2) can be found here once they are merged:

The Geonosian Warrior Figure doesn't do much for me. He seems kinda cheap and with a bad paint job (at least mine is). I perfer just getting more Massiff's and having another Geonosian. I don't need the wings when I can have another figure. Kind of a "blah" figure. I'll give it a high 6.

=MATT=

Forhekset
07-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Geonosian Warrior gets a high 6 from me too. Good sculpt, excellent paint job and detailing - boring figure. Little articulation, lame accessory, posed awkwardly and hard to stand up (no holes in feet either).

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-10-2002, 10:13 AM
I give the Geonosian Warrior a 7, just because i can stand my Geonosian Warrior but other then that it's okay i guess

Geonosian
07-10-2002, 10:22 AM
I give my geo warrior a 8. Great paint job. Great figure.

brentfett
07-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Geonosian Warrior 7/10

I do like this guy, even though his uses are limited. I like the luminescent (sp?) paint job he has, it's almost similiar to Ellors Madak's space suit. I do hate the fact that he has no foot pegs. Thta was really stupid on Hasbro's part. But I have mine hung from fishing line in a flying pose so it's not that big of a deal. He also could have been packed with another accessory or two.

brentfett
07-10-2002, 10:43 AM
R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry
6/10

I don't see anything special about this figure, and I HATE electronic figures (except the nexu!) so I would recommend this figure to someone only if they have no other R2-D2 or are too lazy to get a better one off of Ebay.

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 11:19 AM
A great figure if you ask me. Good for Army Buildiers.

8/10

Battle Droid
07-10-2002, 04:38 PM
9/10

No 10 because the figure hates to stand.

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Geonosian Warrior gets a high 6 from me too. Good sculpt, excellent paint job and detailing - boring figure. Little articulation, lame accessory, posed awkwardly and hard to stand up (no holes in feet either).

Have to agree with Forhekset on this matter. Sorry I didn't find anything great about this figure. That's why I didn't buy him, I checked out the one my friend had, and just didn't like it enough to buy it.

Battle Droid
07-10-2002, 04:43 PM
10 points of articulation is little articulation?

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 04:44 PM
7/10

The figure is nicely detailed and the wings are nicely done, not too badly articulated but some of the Geonosian Warrior's back gets in the way of wing posing. Unfortunately it is difficult to stand in multiple poses. Wish it also had articulated wrists, but not really needed though. The staff is nice and while it isn't the sonic blaster, you can put Sen. Jar-Jer there leading a team of Clone Troopers going into a melee duel with a Geo. Warrior.

Hellboy
07-10-2002, 08:00 PM
6/10

I like this figure but I'd like it more if it was more poseable.

jdmarlow
07-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Army Bulider all the way - 8 out of 10

SuperBattleDroid88
07-10-2002, 08:15 PM
9.5/10 for the lack of articulaton but one of my favorites for some reason! :D

jdmarlow
07-10-2002, 08:17 PM
It's the overall look of the Geonosian Warrior that is kind of alluring. I'm with SuperBattleDroid on this one!

North_Fist
07-10-2002, 09:30 PM
I would give it an 7.5. Just because I dont like them in the first place. But none the less i bought him.

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 02:38 AM
I'd give it a 5. First off, posing him is awkward with his flimsy legs and top heaviness with his staff in arms. I also dont like the blue electric waves it comes with, it does stay on well.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-11-2002, 02:42 AM
No gimmick, but can't stand. 7/10.

JediTricks
07-11-2002, 03:23 AM
Geonosian Warrior - 7.5

I think this figure is a shocker to me because I expected so little from it and it's actually not so bad. It's got the standard six points plus ball jointed wings. The pose is somewhat "extreme" in preposing and the face is a bit difficult to make out, but the paint aps and wings are all top notch. If this figure had a peg hole in its foot and a 2nd accessory (sorry, not counting the electro-effect) it would be an 8 in my book.

OC47150
07-11-2002, 08:53 AM
7 or an 8. One of mine keeps falling over. If he could stand on his own a little better, I'd rate him higher.

mrmiller
07-11-2002, 11:07 AM

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango, Plo, R2, Geo) can be found here once they are merged:

*note* If you have not had a chance to particapate in the previous ratings, go ahead and post in the previous thread and list all your scores for the figures previously reviewed

Good ole Dex. I like this figure. I think it is a good sculpt with a good paint job. The only thing I really don't like is the lightning slinging Spatula, or Knife, or whatever it is. I'll give him a solid 8.

=MATT=

brentfett
07-11-2002, 11:40 AM
Dexter Jettster

I'll go with 8/10 as well. How could you not love this much plastic? Great sculpt! My only gripe is he doesn't seem to hold all of his accessories well.

North_Fist
07-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Dexter Jettster

I give this figure an 7.5 because like the guy before me, he cant hold all of his extras quite well.

Bent Wookie
07-11-2002, 01:07 PM
But could Bespin Vader be next? I want to know if those joints I think I see in the package are actually there. :) I've been really tempted to buy an extra for display out of the package, but only if he can turn his arm to grab the saber and turn his waist and has more joints than just the standard 5 or 6 to get him out of that one pose. Thanks! :)

Oh, and I like Dex too. Just not as well as I like Vader. :) I'd give him a 7.5 for looks and play value.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-11-2002, 04:21 PM
7.5 just because the scuplt is okay but i dont like the pants

SuperBattleDroid88
07-11-2002, 04:34 PM
7.5/10

thespar
07-11-2002, 05:37 PM
i will say 8

jedi_uk73
07-11-2002, 05:59 PM
I'd have to give it 8―/10

In my opinion it's possibly the best AOTC fig so far, but that's down to personal preference.

R3-T7
07-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Dexter Jettster

He getīs 8 points, would have given him 9, but I donīt like
the electro effect around the cleaver, why donīt they stop doing those useless gimmicks.

Battle Droid
07-11-2002, 09:15 PM
9/10, 10 if he would've came with his pipe.

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 09:18 PM
I would have to say that he is an 8 out of 10.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-12-2002, 02:13 AM
Love the accessories! Good sculpt! 10!

mrmiller
07-12-2002, 09:01 AM

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango, Plo, R2, Geo, Dex) can be found here once they are merged:

*note* If you have not had a chance to particapate in the previous ratings, go ahead and post in the previous thread and list all your scores for the figures previously reviewed

The Red Clonetrooper- I love this figure. Second best to KE Jango. Well articulated with cool accessories. I expected his stance to be all screwed up, but I can manage to pose him in many different ways. I'm not quite sure what that "rock" is for, since he stands fine without it. I like the articulation in his arms too. The only gripe I have is his super gummy rifle. It just to darn flimsy. Red Clone Trooper gets a 9 from me.

=MATT=

JEDIpartner
07-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Well... I think this figure is a definite step up from the "Preview" version that cam out first. I'm glad they added those extra articulation points. However, a nice version that could stand at attention would be appreciated.

A good number of the paint jobs were sloppy, which was the reason I picked up a second one. The little "rock" for him to prop his foot on while he is at the cannon is a little odd, but practical if you knew what you were supposed to do with it... unlike the photographer of the card images! :rolleyes:

The cannon was a great accessory. I'm glad I have two of them now. Most of the rifles weren't as bent as the "preview" figure either... thankfully!

I give this one a B+

DeadEye
07-12-2002, 09:14 AM
This one is okay. I wish he could sholder-fire his rifle a little better, I wish his legs weren't spread so far apart, and I wish he were white and not red.
B

mrmiller
07-12-2002, 09:23 AM
Guys- I'm going to do an average rating off all the figures at some time or another, so rate them 1-10 please. Later.

=MATT=

DeadEye
07-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Ok then. He gets 7/10.

brentfett
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Red Clone Trooper
9/10
Love this guy. This is what these figures should be about. Perfect blend of cool looks, posability, and great accessories. Just an all around fun figure! I can't believe these guys are warming any pegs.

R3-T7
07-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Red Clone Trooper
7/10

I donīt like the "big laser cannon" gimmick

North_Fist
07-12-2002, 02:04 PM
i would give him and 8.5 Since he just looks cool(i dont open packages)

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 02:51 PM
8/10

I really like this figure, although like DeadEye and many others, I wish they Preview version had been red and the regular version had been a normal white trooper. I've bought 5 of these so far and I'm considering a few more.

The only thing I don't like is the rock which wasn't molded correctly. It would have been a lot of help posing him if it hadn't gotten screwed up in the factory. As it is now, I simply throw them away as soon as I open the figure.:roleyes:

But considering his other great accessories, the figure is still one of the best in the AOTC line so far.