PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, Ohio Summer 2002

Ohio Jedi
06-13-2002, 12:21 PM
Just thought I would start a thread for the Columbus Ohio people that are here. Currently I have found all the new figures with the exception of the Han, Chewie, Obi wave. Anyone have any luck finding these guys?

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Welcome Ohio Jedi. There are a few of us Ohio collectors on this forum. Up here in Cleveland I have yet to see the Chewie wave-if I do I will post it in the Cleveland, Ohio finds section. Maybe we should start an all Ohio thread??:confused: :confused: Again welcome and HH:D :D :D

mericen
06-14-2002, 07:34 AM
I have not seen that wave or the Djas Puhr wave in Springfield, Dayton or Columbus. Although I did find the new deluxe figures in Columbus on Tuesday. At Wal-mart.

Ohio Jedi
06-14-2002, 07:54 AM
I got lucky and grabbed the Djas wave at the Super Walmart in Polaris but they haven't had them in awhile.

Jedi Drew
06-14-2002, 09:44 AM
I was also lucky and got the Djas wave at WM because there were 12 or so cases of figures sitting on a pallet so I went thru them all and found Djas and Palpatine. Since then I haven't seen any around..:mad: :mad: HH

Ohio Jedi
06-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Just saw Djas and Palpatine at the Target on Polaris. They had a couple of each if anyone is interested.

mericen
06-15-2002, 08:13 AM
I usually only get to the Wal-mart on the east side (Hilliard-Rome Rd). All they seem to be putting out is the Orn Free Taa wave the same for the ones in Dayton and Springfield.

Darth Diablo
06-16-2002, 01:55 AM
Hey, Darth Diablo here. i am so glad someone started a Columbus, Ohio thread. I am a frequent visitor to the TRU on Sawmill Rd, and to the Wal Mart off of Tuttle Crossing. Here is my "Just Found Report".

Just Found (as of 6/15/02):
Last week at the Sawmill TRU, I saw 3 or 4 Bespin Vaders and Bespin Lukes.

NEED:
I still need a Yoda!! I have NEVER EVER seen one in a Columbus store. Anyone know which store I can find one in?

Extras I have:
If anyone needs them, I have for trade an extra Massiff, Dooku, Hangar Anakin, and Bespin Luke.

Also, thanks to my job, I travel a LOT. Therefore, I have the ability to visit many cities and many stores, so I get to buy figures that are not available in Columbus. If you are in need of a particular figure, let me know which one, and maybe we can work out a trade. Like I said, I need a YODA, even 2!! I recently had a chance to pick up a Slice and Dice Deluxe Anakin and a Nexu while I was in the South. As a suggestion to this thread, if you have a sighting of any new figs, post a reply with what figs, store location, quantity, and date of sighting. That will help us collectors get there hopefully before any E Bay scalpers get there! Over and out!

Ohio Jedi
06-17-2002, 07:48 AM
Darth Diablo:

The last time I saw a Yoda was at the Toy's R Us near Westland but it was a couple of weeks ago. If I find one I'll be more than happy to let you know. Currently the only figures I want are the Han/ Chewie/ Obi Wan wave. Hopefully they will make their way here soon. I'll be more than happy to post any findings I come across. I work in the Polaris area and usually spend my lunches on searches around Morse and Sawmill.

Happy Hunting

Ohio Jedi
06-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the Boss Nass and Obi Wan Kenobi (the one that is on the top of the card) from the POTJ line? I was able to catch up every other figure from that line with the exception of these two. Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Jedi Drew
06-18-2002, 09:29 AM
I'll keep my eyes opened for those two figures up North here. NOTHING new up here No Chewie ect....:( :( :( HH

Darth Diablo
06-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey Columbus people,

I know everyone here probably already has them, but as of 6/17/02 8:00pm, the Wal Mart off of Tuttle Crossing has Orn Free, Endor Soldier, Massiff, and Qui Gon. Only one massiff left, and the card was jacked up, but it is still good if you open your figs. By the way, I am still looking for a Yoda or even two of them. If you see one ANYWHERE, please buy them, and I will buy them from you for what you paid for them, and I will even give you a free Massiff figure MOMC.

Darth Diablo

Darth Diablo
06-18-2002, 09:49 AM
Has anyone seen the Djas Puhr or Palpatine figs anywherein Columbus? I tried the Target in Polaris on a hunch, and they didn't have ANY. I haven't seen them anywhere.

ishi tib
06-18-2002, 09:49 AM
Ohio Jedi, I think there might be a store or two here with the Boss Nass, I can pick one up for you if you're interested, let me know

Ohio Jedi
06-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Hey Ishi what store is it at? Where are you located and how much?

Let me know

Thanks

Ohio Jedi
06-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey Darth sorry you missed that wave at the Polaris Target. If anyone is still needing the Bespin Vader and Luke (no bloody stump). They just put out a bunch at the Toys R Us on Morse Rd

Ohio Jedi
06-20-2002, 07:28 AM
Just hit the Walmart at Polaris this morning and they had a slew of Bespin Vader and Lukes. Hopefully this wasn't the case with Han and friends because they were all gone. Kind of bummed since I stop there on the way to and from work and never got one. It might be smart to check around at your local Walmarts in the hopes of finding something.

Ohio Jedi
06-21-2002, 07:54 AM
Just wanted to let anyone know that if they need a Palpatine I saw one at the Meijer's on Rte 23 in Polaris. I was just there at 7:15. He was put up on the very top shelf (short people will definitely need some assistance as I am 6'2 and strained to reach it) right above where the figures are. I put him on the right side behind an Endor Soldier. Hoep somebody gets lucky and finds him.
HH

Also wanted to let you know to check your Walmarts. The one in Delaware got in the wave with Han. It looks just like the Bespin Wave but has a Clone Trooper. I don't think they are very abundant per case. I was able to come up with two and they seemed to open enough boxes to fill an endcap.

mericen
06-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Here lately I have seen many reminants of the wave with Han in both Dayton and Springfield( where I did find a Han) but alas there are no Chewy's or Obi-Wan's. On a good note I did fing two of the unleashed figures today at the Toy 'R Us by the Fairfield Commons Mall in Dayton.

Ohio Jedi
06-28-2002, 06:39 AM
Just made it back from the Super Walmart in the Polaris area. There were around 8 of each of the Han/Obi/Chewie wave. This was at 6:30 a.m.

Hopefully some of you get a chance to get out there and get them

Good Luck

Darth Diablo
07-12-2002, 02:47 PM
I have been to just about every Wal Mart, K mart, Target, and TRU the past couple weeks, and the latest wave i have been seeing is the Bespin wave. What is the deal? Are scalpers beating us all to the punch? If you have seen any of the Han/Obi/Chewie, or Djas/Palpatine waves RECENTLY (Week of July 8th or afterwards), let us all know where, when, and how many. I can't stand making long treks to far away stores only to find handfuls of pegwarmers that we all have.

Down with ALL scalpers!!!

Ohio Jedi
07-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Darth:

I found them at Walmarts on the North Side. Just this morning the Walmart in the Polaris area opened alot of new figures including Chewie and Palpy waves. Hope this helps!

mericen
07-15-2002, 07:25 AM
I saw many of them at the Wal-Mart in Springfield on Saturday. There were at least 10-20 of Han, Chewy and Obi-Wan plus about four or five each of Djas Puhr and Papaltine. This is probably too far for you to drive though.

ishi tib
07-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Ohio Jedi, sorry it took so long to reply, the Boss Nasses are or were at Kmart here in Toledo. If you still need him, let me know, i can check & see if I can dig one up for you

hango fett
07-16-2002, 07:17 PM
just found obi-wan, chewie and han here in troy ohio. ( i don't live there, but it has the closest wal-mart and mejier around.) other than that...nothing. and they only had one obi and 2 chewies and 2 hans.

mericen
07-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Yesterday I saw many Hans, Chewy, Palpy, Obi and Djas Puhrs at the Wal-Mart on Rome-Hilliard Road. They also had one Acklay although it is probably gone by now. I left it because I found mine a couple of weeks ago at the Wal-Mart down in Fairborn. The Target on Broad St. also had a few of Djas Puhr and Palpatine. Is it me or does Wal-Mart seem to be getting alot of the Han wave?

Ohio Jedi
07-19-2002, 07:53 AM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I just picked up Ki at the Polaris Superwalmart. They still had two left. I didn't see any Podracer and was pretty disappointed.

Also if you are wanting some cheap old Saga figures you might want to check out Krogers. The one near me had them for $3.00. Unfortunately they only had Padme and Tin.

Oh well
Happy Hunting

Darth Diablo
07-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Besides the report of 2 Ki's at the Super Wal-Mart in Polaris (there are no more left). Has anyone in Columbus seen any of the following new figures:

Ki Adi Mundi
Teemto Pagalis
Anakin Tatooine (aka Berserker Ani)
Darth Maul (aka Maul with red trim outfit)

If so, please respond with place, how many, and which figures. Spread the wealth! Down with all scalpers!!!

mericen
07-21-2002, 07:31 PM
I found Ki and Teemto at the Wal-Mart in Springfield on Saturday, They only had one of each. I am suprised though that they still have the same Acklay that they have had for at least two weeks. Seeing as they seem to have very few if any Reeks.

Yoda-Wan
07-28-2002, 08:14 PM
I was on a small scale toy hunt this weekend, and didn't really find much. However, as of July 27, there was 2 Deluxe Mace Windus with the red battle droid at the Lennox Center Target Lennox, and 1 at the Easton Target. If your still looking for Han, the Wal-Mart on Morse Rd. and the Lennox Target each had one left. The Wal-Mart on Morse also had quite a few of the new Luminara's with the reprinted insert where "removable cloak" was taken off.

PS......does anyone know at what store the Unleashed Anakin, Vader, and Padme was found??????

Darth Detori
07-28-2002, 08:32 PM
they've been sighted at Meijer, and I heard of a sighting at a Gamestop (in Florida)

Ohio Jedi
07-29-2002, 09:40 PM
As I'm caught up on the first 42 figures, I keep hunting for the Target Accessory sets and Deluxe C3PO. Anybody found any of these in the Columbus are?

Hope everyone is finding what they are looking for!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Drew
07-29-2002, 09:48 PM
FYI...no signs of the accessory sets up North here in Cleveland. HH :cool: :cool:

Ohio Jedi
07-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Well I guess all it took was a little complaining. I found the two Target Accessory Sets at the Target on Polaris. I got the last two they had. It looks like they had some Action Fleet stuff there as well but I'm not interested in it so I didn't pay too much attention. The two I got were the Hoth and Arena sets. A friend told me that his wife also picked him up a Deluxe C3PO there as well but I didn't find it. Just to save everyone a trip after hitting the jackpot there I checked the Targets at Easton and Sawmill but it looks like they haven't got anything in. I asked a girl at the one on Sawmill and she called to the back and they said they didn't have anything back there. I wish everyone luck in finding them.

Yoda-Wan
08-01-2002, 11:10 PM
You were right Darth Detori. I was just at the Meijer on Hamilton Rd. in Gahana and found Unleashed Anakin, Padme', and Vader. They only had one of each though. They also had a lot of the action fleet stuff. I was also at the Toys R Us on Sawmill earlier today and they had a boat-load of Chewy, Hans, and Pilot Obi-Wans.

Ohio Jedi
08-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Found the remaining accessory packs I needed today at the Polaris Target. When I left at 9:00 there was a Hoth and Arena left. Has anyone in the area gotten a Deluxe C3PO or X-Wing yet???

Jedi Drew
08-04-2002, 08:29 AM
I was lucky enough to snag an X-Wing yesterday up north here in Cleveland. No signs of the Deluxe figures.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 09:47 PM
hey! ohio jedi! come join us over at the collectors club! go to the post "ohio collectors......anyone there" and tell us what you have found lately.....BTW, jedi drew, check out that post too!!!
h,

Yoda-Wan
08-11-2002, 11:28 PM
I don't know if this is a very plentiful item or not. I haven't noticed it anywhere yet, but I haven't really been looking for it either. Anyway, I saw the 10" Vinyl Jango Fett at the WalMart on Morse Rd. sun. night. They were shuffling stuff in the toy dept. around while I was there so I don't know if the Star Wars stuff is still going to be on that main isle or not much longer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Hey there!! Cols ohio here! (reynoldsburg/pickerington actually)!! Nothing new really here on the East side. I went up to the Target on polaris a bit back and found nothing. I did find the Amidala, DArth and anakin unleashed at the Brice Road Meijer a few weeks back, so keep your eyes peeled

Hango fett- there already is a Ohio collectors club..it's like www.oscc.com or something like that.

matmurdock
08-15-2002, 02:55 PM
I live in Newark,ohio I found Ki-Adi mundi,Anakin and Darth Maul today at Meijers',I've had the most luck finding new stuff at walmart and Meijers'.just wanted to share my good fortune with you guys.

mericen
08-22-2002, 07:36 AM
I found Ki-Adi Mundi at the Meijer on hilliard-Rome Road and Darth Maul -Sith Training and Anakin (Tattoine Ambush) at the Meijer on Georgesville Road on Tuesday. I also found the new X-wing at the Toys'r us on Fairfield Pike in Fairborn yesterday.

Yoda-Wan
08-25-2002, 10:23 PM
I just found 2 or the 3 Cantina Bar Sets at the Morse Rd. WalMart. They had Ponda Baba and Mowma Nadan but no Greedo.

Ohio Jedi
08-26-2002, 08:17 AM
Just found the three Cantina Sets at the Super Walmart on 23 near Polaris. They still had quite a few on the pegs when I left at 8:00 a.m.

Has anyone in the area seen the deluxe C-3PO???

I have also heard rumors that the Star Tours Figures are popping up at Disney Stores can anyone verify this?

Jedi Drew
08-26-2002, 09:28 AM
I just got back from Florida and picked up all 3 Star Tours figures at Disney. The lady there told me that they are only sold at the park and NOT at the Disney stores in the malls. Sorry for the bad news.....:( :( :(

Yoda-Wan
08-29-2002, 09:10 PM
I found the Landspeeder at the Sawmill Rd. TRU today. They had about 5 left as of noon. They also had 2 or 3 X-wings left.

Yoda-Wan
09-03-2002, 03:36 PM
I don't really get into the 12" line too much, but for those who do, I found the Count Dooku at the Easton Target today.

mericen
09-12-2002, 07:29 AM
Yesterday I found the Mace Windu Unleashed and the Darth Tyranus Unleashed at Meijer in Fairborn.

mericen
09-17-2002, 12:02 PM
I found the Republic Gunship today at the Wal-Mart on Hilliard-Rome Road. The one I bought was the only one they had.

THE Slayer
09-20-2002, 09:40 PM
The walmart on Rome hillard sucks. I haven't found anything there ina long while, I did see the cantina packs but didn't pick any up. Has onyone found delux yoda and c-3po?
I did find Ki, teemto. So I guess that leaves Anakin and Darth.
The TRU near westland also seems lacking on anything new.

THE Slayer
09-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Has anyone found the saga 2 packs at k-mart?
they are 9.99, and 2 figs in a plastic package.

Ohio Jedi
10-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Finally something to report!!! I found Anakin, Maul and Padme at the Polaris Kay Bee. Unfortunately there was only one Anakin left after my purchases.

Has anybody else in the area found anything recently?

mericen
10-02-2002, 03:09 PM
I found the Anakin, Padme, Darth Maul, Watto, New Tusken Raider, New Endor Rebel Soldier, New Jango Fett and Lot Dod at the Kaybee's in The Fairfield Commons Mall in Fairborn today. They had just opened three boxes so I got very lucky. They did not have any of the Clone Trooper Pilots though.

THE Slayer
10-03-2002, 11:16 PM
It seems like a lot of you guys find stuff at polaris. I wish i got up there more, It just seems to occupy far to much time to actually get there. :(

Ohio Jedi
10-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Sorry Slayer. The only reason I come to Polaris is because thats where I work. I did find a couple more Mauls and Anakins at the Kay Bee across from the mall. No sign of other figures.

Yoda-Wan
10-05-2002, 10:49 PM
I found 4 TA Ani's at Kb Toy Works at Easton (and the repackaged Starfighter which sucks), 4-5 Ani's and 3 ST Darth Mauls at Meijer on Hamilton Rd. and a couple of Ani's at the Meijer on Cleveland Ave. Also a couple of Dooku and Mace unleashed at each Meijer.

Ohio Jedi
10-11-2002, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't believe it had I not seen it myself........

Toys'R Us had new figures.

I was at the one on Morse Road at lunch time and picked up Clean Shaven Endor Soldier, Lott Dodd, Watto and Tusken with Massif.

Unfortunately I got the last two of each. There were also plenty of Darth Maul, Anakin Tat, and Padme's.

Still need to find Jango and Clone Trooper Pilots.

Happy Hunting!

THE Slayer
10-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Toys r us on west broad also had new figures, all expect fan choice #. is he out yet?

Ohio Jedi
10-15-2002, 07:37 AM
I have yet to hear any news about Ephant being out yet. Did you find Clone Trooper Pilot and Jango Pilot at the TRU as well?

THE Slayer
10-15-2002, 09:18 PM
I found no jango's or clone pilots.
They had Anakin, darth, padme, ki, tusken, lott, endor rebel, watto, and?? I think I'm forgetting one? maybe not. ??

Ohio Jedi
10-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Just wanted to let you know at lunchtime today they were opening alot of figures at the Toys R Us on Sawmill. I got three Clone Trooper Pilots. Another odd thing was the employee putting the figures out also had to box up the ones that weren't selling based on UPC code. Since the Endor Soldier packaging never changed it sounds like they are going to send back the new ones as well???????

Happy Hunting

Yoda-Wan
10-25-2002, 10:05 PM
You beat me to it Jedi. Your the one that got all the Clone Trooper Pilots....I was there yesterday and got Padme', Watto, and Tuskin w/Massiff.......

Ohio Jedi
10-31-2002, 07:26 AM
Found all the new collection one figures at the Walmart in the Polaris area. The coolest thing was that they were still marked down to $4.02. Couldn't resist picking up another Clone Pilot for that price

THE Slayer
10-31-2002, 03:05 PM
The TRU on west broad also had the new clone trooper and jango, I still havent seen fan choice 3.

Yoda-Wan
11-02-2002, 03:23 PM
THE TRU ON MORSE RD. IS DOING THE SILVER ANNIVERSARY R2's A DAY EARLY!!!!!!!

I just got mine at about 3:00 this afternoon. The guy told me that the store got 32 of them and mine was the fifth one given out today. Once the word get's out, they'll be gone pretty quick. I don't know about any of the other TRU's though, but you may want to try and pick one up today to be on the safe side.

Ohio Jedi
11-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know to start checking Walmarts. I found two Ephant Mon's last night at the Polaris Walmart. I picked them both up (one for a friend). This figure is big. The funny thing is there was one Clonetrooper Pilot last night and he was still there this morning. Maybe he will start to become a pegwarmer. Also the Walmart on Polaris is still charging $4.02 so you can't beat that for new figures!!

Yoda-Wan
11-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Every Walgreens in the Columbus area has Episode 2 on DVD right now (as of sunday morning) except every copy is fullscreen. AAAARRRRGHHHHhh........Fullscreen should be banned.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-11-2002, 01:44 AM
lol Wal-marts in the area have Jango Pilot, Padme, Watto, padme and Tusken Raider. Saw about 2 CT pilots around but no ephant mons.

Ohio Jedi
11-21-2002, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to make sure we didn't fall off the page. Haven't found anything new lately. I'm still searching for Deluxe C-3PO and Clone Trooper.

On another subject I saw the new GI Joe Rattler at the Toys'R Us on Sawmill. Reminded me of my childhood days. Has anyone seen the new Shipwreck/Cobra Bats wave?

Ohio Jedi
11-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Just found the Holiday set at Walmart in the Polaris area. They had about 4 left. The price was $13.73.

mericen
11-26-2002, 11:16 AM
The Wal-Mart on Hilliard-Rome road had about ten or twenty of the Holiday Sets still left this morning at 9 a.m. Also I saw the deluxe C-3PO and Yoda at the Meijer across the street from there. They had quite a few of each.

Ohio Jedi
11-27-2002, 07:17 AM
Thanks forthe post mericen. Checked out the Meijer over on Polaris and rte 3 and found the C3PO deluxes. Its about time!! Hate to say it but now I have to find the deluxe clonetrooper.

Yoda-Wan
12-01-2002, 10:09 PM
First, I didn't want us to fall off the first page.

Second, I found Ephant Mon, but it was at a collectables shop. If anybody doesn't know, in Southland Expo Flea Market, a guy has a store called Finders Collectables where he has a bunch of Star Wars Toys, old and new. Anyway, he had Ephant Mon but he wanted $20. I didn't get it, but if anyone wants it and can't wait, that's where you can get it now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Finders Collectables!!! hahahhahhhhaha!!!! I used to head to that place all the time. A great store and the guys who work there are hysterical! They always have good stuff. They said it was there goal in life to put "Carl's Collectibles" out of business. hehehehehehe

Friend of mine found Ephant Mon at Wal-Mart Morse road as well as Main Street (simpsons) at TRU Sawmill. Nothing here in the Troy (20 N of dayton) area. Happy hunting! :D

Yoda-Wan
12-02-2002, 10:38 PM
I was just at the WalMart on Morse. No Ephant Mon. No nothing actually. I did find all the new Lightsabers at the TRU on Morse Rd., save for Yoda. And the Target at Lenox had all of the new accessory sets.

Ohio Jedi
12-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I found the Destroyer Droid and Yoda at the Target at Polaris. They still had a couple of Destroyer Droids after I left. Happy Hunting

mericen
12-05-2002, 07:53 AM
The Meijer on Hilliard-Rome Road had the new deluxe figures on Tuesday. The had a couple of each except for only one Flipping Anakin for some reason.

Yoda-Wan
12-07-2002, 01:58 AM
How is the new Yoda Ohio? Is it as big of a rip off as what the pics look like?

THE Slayer
12-16-2002, 04:24 PM
I also found the new yoda today (TRU), and yes he's pretty much a big rip off.

Ohio Jedi
12-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Yep he is pretty much the same old yoda with a magnet in his hand. Woohoo! (much sarcasm). Anyone know where I can find a deluxe Clonetrooper? It is the last figure I'm looking for this year.

THE Slayer
12-17-2002, 05:49 PM
I saw some at k-mart a while back, with geonosian, they may get some more in before christmas but i havent seen any lately.

Yoda-Wan
12-17-2002, 10:19 PM
I haven't found anything in about 2 months. It's been horrible. I still need Ephant, new Yoda, DD, & dlx Clonetrooper.......arrrrrggghhhh

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-18-2002, 08:28 AM
Picked up new Yoda at Target Brice Road. They had i believe 3 of him and a few Destroyer Droids too. Also saw Droid at TRU morse.

For any LOTR collectors: scored Treebeard @TRU Morse road. Sweet!!!! Very very awesome!!! I had no problem spending the 32 bucks on it. :D

Yoda-Wan
12-23-2002, 08:41 PM
I found the destroyer droid at the Target Lennox. There was 2 left as of noon today.

Yoda-Wan
01-01-2003, 12:25 AM
For anyone interested, I was at the Media Play on Sawmill Rd. today and they had a bunch of the Yoda Imax Posters there. I guess there were about 10 or so.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2003, 01:23 PM
I hope they have some more of those IMAX posters left next weekend. I'm hoping to hit cols for the weekend and do some hunting. Hopefully i'll find the new LOTR, simpsons and SW waves. I'll keep y'all posted! :D

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Is the Yoda IMAX poster the same everywhere? If so, it is a cool poster.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2003, 11:50 PM
I believe they only offered the IMAX to retailers in one size and you can see pics of it on the IMAX, Star Wars and the Force.net websites.

Does anybody know if the Trash Compactor sets have been spotted around cols? :D

Ohio Jedi
01-08-2003, 06:52 AM
I have yet to see them. If I find any, I'll post to let you know

Yoda-Wan
01-08-2003, 09:59 PM
as far as I know, it's the same poster that was sold on the fan club. It was 27x40 size.

Ohio Jedi
01-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Found the Trash Compactor sets at the Polaris SuperWalmart. I got the last two. They also had about 4 or 5 Saga Tie Bombers if anyone missed out on it the first time.

Happy Hunting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Ohio Jedi- thanks for the update!!! I'm hoping to be in cols this weekend to stay at my friends place and hopefully, we'll get some hunting in. If you see anymore, snatch them up and i'll get ya back for them!!! :D

Ohio Jedi
01-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Might want to save yourself a trip as they are sold out at the Walmart where I found them. Sorry about that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
OJ- Thanks for the info. I won't be into town until friday night, that is if i can get a hold of my friend. :D

Yoda-Wan
01-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Do any of you guys know what the deal is with finding OLD toys at WalMart. I found the Rebel Pilot and the Cantina Alien Cinascenes for $6 each the other day at the Tuttle WalMart. A few weeks ago I found the SE Dewback and SOTE Swoop Vehicle at Morse Rd. WalMart. Somebodies slipping.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2003, 11:07 AM
I noticed that too sometimes at the Reynoldsburg Super Wally world. I'd walk over on my breaks from sams and see 12'' Episode I figures and more and more POTJ figures. I dunno what the deal is.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2003, 03:26 PM
If anybody from cols is heading south into Athens or even for Athens collectors: the Athens Wal-mart has the Compactor sets. Happy Hunting!! :D

Ohio Jedi
01-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Deluxe Figures Sighted

Finally found the deluxe clone this morning at the Super Walmart in Polaris. They had one left as well as one geonosian and a couple of forcr -flipping Anakin.

Now I have finally caught up with 2002.

Ohio Jedi
01-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Although not Star Wars related I got in the mail the Snake-Eyes/Scarlett two pack. The packaging was very good and Snake-Eyes looks great. Scarlett is starting to look her age though.

Happy Hunting

Yoda-Wan
02-01-2003, 07:11 PM
I don't know how many of you guys know the store Finders Collectables in Southland Expo mall. I went there today, and James had closed up shop. The guy that runs the video game place down the isle said that he closed up and was gonna stick to ebay and Toy Shows. Thought I'd just pass along the information.

mericen
02-03-2003, 11:01 AM
On Saturday I found the new Obi-Wan Acklay Battle and the Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape at the Wal-Mart on Fairfield Pike in Fairborn. So the new figures are out in this area. They had quite a few of each.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Yoda Wan- No!!! They closed?!!?!? That sucks!!!! They told me that their man goal was to stay in business and shut down Carl's Overpriced Collectibles in Bexley! D'oh!! I wonder if business must've been slacking or something. Thanks for the info though!! :D

Yoda-Wan
02-04-2003, 08:17 PM
I know JMG. It sucks. He told me he wanted to put British Papermill out of buisness :) He was thinking about getting a real store for a while out on the west side and be open 7 days a week. I was there a month ago and he said he decided to stay at the Expo b/c the overhead would be less and could put that into inventory. He had brought something like 100 new figs into the store, some great stuff too. He gave no indication that he was going to close up.

Anyway, you can get him on ebay. Just search for the user name FINDERCOLLECTIBLES He doesn't have any star wars stuff up right now though. I thought I'd shoot him an email and see what happened to his stock and see if he'll be putting any of it up soon.

Nice job on the Zwan sig btw........

Yoda-Wan
02-12-2003, 06:47 PM
I just got the new Tyrannus and Obi-Wan at the Lennox Target today. It was the last Tyrannus but there was still and Obi-Wan left.

mericen
02-13-2003, 07:53 AM
The Target on Broad Street yesterday had two or three each of Obi-Wan and Darth Tyranus. So did the one on Polaris Parkway. That one also had remnants of the new Collection 2 box. All They had left was the Teebo. This was at about noon. I did find all of the new Collection 2 box but the library droid 2-pk at the Target on 202 in Huber Heights later that same day.

James Boba Fettfield
02-15-2003, 04:50 PM
I found Eeth Koth, Teebo, Tusken Raider, and Rebel Trooper at the Lennox Target yesterday.

I'll head out tomorrow morning and see if anything else new is out, because being out there at night is a little nerve racking.

THE Slayer
02-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Is everyone in columbus still on the prowl with this crazy ohio snow? i prolly wont get back out for a few days, but I also found obi-wan and darth, at target, WB.

On a side note has anyone seen the JL flash at target?

Yoda-Wan
03-02-2003, 10:17 AM
i am not finding jack or crap in columbus. I've become convinced that Columbus is a black hole for collectors. I did however find that repackaged Tie Bomber yesterday at the Morse Rd. WalMart. They had about 10 of them. I didn't get one, but thought someone here could be interested.

Ohio Jedi
03-04-2003, 07:36 AM
It has been awhile since I have posted. The only thing around here that I have found recently was a Padme and Tuskin Raider at the Target in Polaris. That was a week ago and I haven't seen anything since.

Ohio Jedi
03-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Just found the new Obi Wan and Darth Tyrannus at the Target in Polaris. There were two of each remaining when I left. Happy Hunting.

Yoda-Wan
03-09-2003, 07:55 PM
This is a little far from Columbus, but I found the trash compactor sets at the WalMart in Circleville. They had 3 of the Chewie/Leia and 2 of the Luke/Hans left.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-10-2003, 11:19 PM
For my fellow LOTR collectors, most of wave 5 is at the eastland mall KB. No Moria orc yet though, but i'll find him soon!! hehehhehehe HH! :D

THE Slayer
03-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Has ANYONE found anything new lately?

on the lotr side, I saw the Twilight Ringwriath at the rome hillard meijer, I wish I would have picked him up. They also had frodo, and the new aragon, wich I've seen quite a few times, but I don't really like that figure,, it seems odd...so the endless hunt continues.

THE Slayer
03-20-2003, 11:16 PM
I found an Ephant Mon at the WB Target today, They only had one.

Yoda-Wan
03-20-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry....here's a really dumb question........where is the WB Target??????

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Yoda Wan, i htink he means the West Broad Target? I dunno....that might be it, i think...

I'll be in cols hunting ALL day saturday...if post anything, SW related and not, i'll post it as soon as i get in. HH!!

THE Slayer
03-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Yeah It's the west broad target, They also had some clonetroopers, jedi council yoda and a few new obi wan(ackley) and Darths, no maces though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Alright kids, here we go....got a good start to the weekend...if anybody is heading in the direction of Lancaster, stop off at the River Valley Mall KB< they got the X2 figures!!!!!!!! I scored a full wave 1 and got an extra Nightcrawler..he's chillin' on my PC now. :D i'll be in cols hunting all day tomorrow, so i'll keep y'all posted..HH!!

Ohio Jedi
03-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Its about time. The Polaris Walmart finally had something. Found Boba, Mace and Anakin this morning. They only had one of each out. They also had a Rebel Trooper, Dooku, and Obi Wan.

Good luck to everyone.

THE Slayer
03-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Well this weekend I got to go hunting and spent a lot of money I shouldn't have. I found padme, tusken, imperial, eeth. some new LOTR. and some of the new mattel batman animated stuff.
It may be awhile before I get to splurge like that again. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Slayer- what new LOTR stuff did you track down??? I'm caught up and awaiting wave 4, if these popped up in cols, let a brutha know!! tahnks! :D

THE Slayer
03-30-2003, 11:26 PM
I found all of the Galadriel wave except HER, so I'm still down one. Is wave 4 HD legolas? I'm new to LOTR so I'm still figuering things out.

mericen
04-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Last Tuesday I found the new figures: Frodo in Twilight, Legolas at Helm's Deep, Sam in Mordor, King Theoden in Battle armor and Gollum at the Wal-Mart on Hilliard-Rome Road. At that time they had quite a few left although they probably do not now.

Yoda-Wan
04-04-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't collect it, but if anyones interested, I found some of the new 12" line today. The Meijer on Rome-Hilliard had the new Han Solo, Lando, and AT-ST driver.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Ahhhhhhh!! the wave 4 of LOTR was in cols and i missed it?!?!! asldjflasdfjlasdjfsjflsjdflasjdflsdjf!!! @#%@@!!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Found Gollum, Sam and Twilight Frodo @ Hilliard Wally world as well tonight. They had gollums left mostly as well as a few regular Theodens. HH!! :D

Ohio Jedi
04-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Start hitting the Walmarts. Today I found at the Polaris Walmart Barris, Aayla, Lama Su, Yoda with youngling, Blond Haired Imperial Officer, and Red Battle Droid. After I left there was only Aayla and Barris but they still had more boxes on the pallettes.

Happy Hunting

Yoda-Wan
04-18-2003, 11:57 PM
WELL.....I just hit that very same walmart. Aayla and Barris was gone (which really sucks b/c I want those really bad). But they did have the new Mace, which I still needed. They had 2 of him left, and a bunch of the new ObiWan and Darth Tyrannus. Those must have been what was on the other pallettes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2003, 06:08 PM
If anybody is traveling to the Dayton area, the Englewood Meijer had wave 4 of LOTR, i got the last Theoden and Legolas, but they did have some Sam and Gollum action. :D

Yoda-Wan
04-19-2003, 10:09 PM
I saw Gollum the other day somewhere. I think it was at the Morse Wally. I don't know about LOTR stuff to know if Gollum is hard to get or anything, but if it is, they had some.

THE Slayer
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
What is the Gollum case breakdown? Today I saw 8 gollums 1 legolas and 1 sam at meijer. The shelves were completely stocked so I don't know if the other figuers were not stocked or sold out real fast.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
I think the case breakdown is like 8 gollum, 1, sam, 1 theoden, 1 Legolas That sounds about right. :D

THE Slayer
04-24-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry but 8 gollums is ridiculous. He may be popular, but not that popular. If JMG's case breakdown is right, Meijer had 5 cases opened. I saw 5 legolas and theoden. That also means they had 40 gollums which, sounds about right. Why couldnt they get 5 cases of the Prolouge Elf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2003, 05:07 PM
I was just informed by former SSG poster that my case ratio is incorrect. There are 4 gollums, he told me, but regardless, still too many of him. Cheers! :D

THE Slayer
04-24-2003, 11:08 PM
OK then, curiosity is getting the best of me. If anyone has been to the georgesville Meijer. about half of the top, or middle shelf is LOTR figs. Apparently fully stocked, about 4 deep and 12 or more across. 2 days ago they had none. Today around noon they had about 5 HD legolas and 5 theoden, 2 sams and at least 30 gollums. Did all the other figures disappear that quickly!! Who else is in those cases? Twilight frodo and gimli?

............I just don't get it............

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2003, 12:55 AM
A. Twilight Frodo is only coming about 1/4 cases so i've heard. I've heard 1/16 cases, but this seems rediculous.
B. Gimli is CANCELLED. Wave 4 consists of:
Twilight Frodo
Sam in Mordor
HD Legolas
King Theoden Armored
Gollum

Gimli will ONLY be available through the HD 5 pack in the summer. :D

THE Slayer
04-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Man that really sucks. I want Gimli more than a twilight Frodo.
Stupid Toy biz.

Yoda-Wan
05-03-2003, 04:23 PM
We are ready to fall to the bottom....I just wanted to boost us back up.

I went to the Target Lennox the other day and there was only ONE basic fig on the shelf. ONE SINGLE MACE WINDU. There was a stock guy there so I asked him if he knew anything about when more would be put out. He checked in the back for me and said they didn't have any boxes in the back. He also said that they get trucks in every night but it's a crap shoot when and if SW toys would be on one. But he said when the came in they would put them out. So I guess maybe we keep our eye on that particular store since there should be something soon (hopefully).

James Boba Fettfield
05-03-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm a stones throw away from that Target. I'll have to look there tomorrow.

Ohio Jedi
05-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Found Han Hoth and Chewie Mynock at the Polaris Target. I bought the last one of each. They also had 2 Boba's, a Mace, an R2 and an Anakin as well as the deluxe Spider Droid and Make your own Battle Droid set.

Yoda-Wan
05-05-2003, 10:11 PM
I was just there at that Target and all that is left is 1 Mace and 1 Obi-Wan Acklay Battle.

Yoda-Wan
05-06-2003, 10:38 PM
I went to the Target Lennox today. No new Basic Figs, but they did have several spider droids and super battle droid maker set.

THE Slayer
05-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Walmart had some new r2s and anakins, they also had a new mace but the bubble was crushed so i didnt get it. The anakin was crushed also but I opened him.

Yoda-Wan
05-08-2003, 07:50 PM
which Wal Mart?

I found the new R2 at Target Sawmill today, but they only had 1.

THE Slayer
05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Target WB had the new han wave today, I picked up Han, chewie, anakin, and boba. A couple of people that got there before me scored big as well. They also had a bunch of deluxes, R2's and boba's left when i exited.

Yoda-Wan
05-26-2003, 05:13 PM
It's a little far out of Columbus, but the WalMart in Circleville had a bunch of stuff. There was still a Barriss, Aayla, Yoda/Chian, and Imperial Officer.

THE Slayer
05-31-2003, 01:02 PM
TRU WB had the Imperial four pack yesterday. They had about 8.

Ohio Jedi
06-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Is anyone in the area going to the Origins convention? I was wondering if someone had more info. I was hoping on grabbing the silver Boba.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Ohio Jedi- Greetings!! I'm hoping to come into town for the convention. My friend is a HeroClix master and i wanna buy comics and that Boba fett, so it's a nerds' paradise. :D

check out this thread for any info you may need.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19308

Cheers! :)

THE Slayer
06-10-2003, 04:13 PM
If anyone is looking for new motu, walmart stocked about 18cases of sy-clone, prince adam, and whiplash.

Ohio Jedi
06-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Start Checking your local Targets. The past two days the one at Polaris has been putting out wave 2 assortments. I finally found the Research Droids and padawan 2 Pack. Finally caught up and now I hear Jedi Luke is out. Oh well.

Happy Hunting

darth_sidious
07-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I live in Akron, and its nearly impossible to find any basic figures like Aayla Secura, Lama Su, Yoda & Chian, etc...I think they skipped over these or something. I was able to find a clone with speeder bike and padme droid factory over a month ago..as well as action fleet, but thats it (walmart). TRU, which there are three in the akron area..have some new clone wars items and plenty of imperial forces sets, but no new figures; it feels like they are pushing the Clone Wars items while the Saga items get pushed back. I was able to find a droid army pack, and they still have droideka launchers at the chapel hill TRU; but does anyone know who has the figures? TRU said they are only receiving Clone Wars items..no new Saga as of yet. Does anyone near Akron know how to find these figures..other than ebay?

update: the Stow Target has Spider Droids and Super Battle Droid Builders, and they are already on clearance.

dark_one
07-17-2003, 01:52 PM
I also live in Akron. I havent had a whole lot of luck but my best finds so far have been K-marts around the area. I got Mace, Obi-wan, Tyrannus, and R2-D2. I did find Aayla, and Bariss about six weeks ago in Canton Target. But have not seen any others since.

So keep your eyes open in K-marts. Aslo check their clearance sections, I found a POTJ Darth Maul with Sith attack droid for $2. They hade a bunch and I got 2 ans so did my buddy. I went back for more and they were gone but lots of other stuff turn up quite often.

I think because so many are going out of business that when left over junk is shipped to other stores they find things that have been sitting in the warehouse forever and never put on display.

darth_sidious
07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
WOW...I had a strange feeling (the force? lol) to stop at a certain TRU today on my way home and found ALL the new figures...every single one. They opened 3 cases, so I got one of each...they still have plenty. [Padme secret ceremony, coleman trebor, wat tambor, etc.] The TRU is the Rolling Acres TRU in Akron, on Romig Rd., hurry and get what you can before a dealer takes them all. Good luck.

PS- If anyone finds the jedi army or clone army packs in stores, pass the word along. Thanks.