PDA

View Full Version : Which figures are hardest for you to stand/Breaking sabers?

Darth Sidious
06-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Ok, two questions. 1: Which AOTC figure (S) (EXCLUDING Taun We, for obvious reasons), are hardest for you to get to stand/stay standing? I would say HD Anakin. Great figure imo, but it wont stand, unless you contort his spine to the point where he looks like this- <` . I have heard people saying that the Geonosian Warriors dont stand well, but my Geonosian stands better than any AOTC figure I have, except for Luminara.
2: Have you had problems with your Saga figures' lightsaber pegs breaking? Unfortunately, I have. I dropped my Nikto figure accidentally and the peg snapped right off. Im glad I have so many blue sabers...

billfremore
06-13-2002, 02:49 PM
My Shaak Ti's lightsaber peg broke too.
Where did you get lots of lightsabers?

Jonna
06-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Try the Target special accessory packs when they come out. Nikto refuses to hold his saber (He should have a talk with QLD). Alot of the figures have trouble standing when the slightest change in air pressure happens. I have a few of the figures standing on a shelf in my den and when I shut the front door they sometimes fall over. Like Nikto, Koon, Geonosian and forget about Jango FB.:p

billfremore
06-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Well Jonna that is a great idea...

...unfortunately I live in Canada, nowhere near a Target.

But thanks anyways. :D

Darth Sidious
06-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
My Shaak Ti's lightsaber peg broke too.
Where did you get lots of lightsabers?

Some from the Naboo underwater accessory set, some from old figures that I dont use as much, my cousin used to collect and he gave me one or two, etc. I dont have any idea where some of them came from. :D

billfremore
06-13-2002, 03:06 PM
I figure I'll just wait until Shakk Ti's go on sale for 2 bucks at TRU

Lots of Jedi pegwarmers at TRU here...

Forhekset
06-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Kit Fisto gets my number one "horrible pose/awful to stand up" award, followed by Plo Koon and Count Dooku (pose is ok, but his cape is too heavy for him). I have those 3 figs all standing on Commtech chips.

Oh yeah, and about the sabres, I haven't had any problems with the little tips breaking....

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 03:13 PM
I haven't really been having trouble standing any figure except for the Geonosian Warrior, but that usually gets knocked over accidently and I have to fiddle with it to get it stand up again with no problems. The key thing is balance, you have to use the features of the figure to balance the weight out like I did with the Geonosian Warrior. I posistioned it's legs and then put the wings back to balance it out.
The metal lightsabers can screw up the balance on some figures but that's because they're heavier than the plastic arms (more or less) so you gotta just work with balancing the weight out.

I haven't had any trouble with breaking lightsabers, mostly because when a figure falls it's not one with a lightsaber and I keep them near the back of the desk so they can't fall very far.

Freedom
06-13-2002, 03:26 PM
I had trouble with a few but you have to fiddle with them and balance out the accessories.

Count Dooko - I have to use both lightsabers and hang his cape to his right side.
Geonosian Warrior - He kinda has to lean back on his wings.
Jango (Final Battle) He has to be leand back and shooting his flame up at an angle.
Mace(Geonosian Rescue) His gimp arm has to be straight.

That's about it. When I usually get them posed, they don't give me anymore trouble. (Knock on wood. Better not. They might fall.)

fourtwo
06-13-2002, 03:55 PM
tuan we won;t stand up.
neither will my deluxe jango.
kit fisto's saber thing broke the day i bought it but i glued it back right away and its been fine ever since

Darth Annexis
06-13-2002, 04:12 PM
I have had so much trouble getting all of them to stand...Luminara, Shaak Ti are the only ones that stand...Oh and Palpatine too. I have the figure stands for most of my displayed collection....BUT WHY DO THEY MAKE THEM THIS WAY?

DarthBrandon
06-13-2002, 04:16 PM
They all seem to have a hard time standing on their own for the first time except Jango KE, but after you fiddle with them a bit, they can be posed quite nice. I don't have any broken parts ( LS ) to date.

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 04:45 PM
My Taun We stands fine - her right foot doesn't touch the floor and her dress "stands" her.

Dar' Argol
06-13-2002, 04:50 PM
I'm having serious issues with my Geo Warrior and the Geo that comes with the Mastiff!! Issues to the point where those issues will cause a free flight to the other side of my room!!

Plo Koon stands fine for me as well as Kit and HD Ani, and Dooku. I have no problem with any of those guys.

Now my POTF Obi Wan Kenobi, that is a different story. The old man can't stand to save his life. . . . . . . . . no pun intended:D

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 08:47 PM
I can't get my super battle droid to stand, and lots of others. Good thing the fan club got more of those "real action stands". Those are by far the best- go get some if you don't have any.
That was the cool thing about the commtech chips= instant figure stands.

=MATT=

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Just lean Geonosian Warrior against his wings...
That's what I do...

odi-wan windu
06-13-2002, 09:25 PM
my anakin hd's green lightsaber peg broke.

187-Maul
06-14-2002, 09:16 AM
not AOTC lightsabers, but my Darth Maul Sith Lord Lightsaber (one side removable) broke off when he tipped over

no problems with Kit Fisto standing

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 10:12 AM
I generally put all of my loose figures on real stands, but I have noticed that many of them would be a ***** to stand without any aide.

lunchymeatball
06-14-2002, 10:15 AM
I dont have any stands yet as all my figs are in a cupboard.
I sorely need a display case, but with so many figs needed I dont have sufficient funds.

the only one i cant stand without supporting is Dooku.
I have broken no lightsabres yet TOUCH WOOD.

saladin
06-14-2002, 06:42 PM
my taun we actually stands up well, but dooku and HD anikan suck to stand up.
Also no peg problems.

TIE Pilot
06-16-2002, 12:10 AM
1: Which AOTC figure (S) (EXCLUDING Taun We, for obvious reasons), are hardest for you to get to stand/stay standing?

Shaak Ti keeps falling forward ALL the time. Plo Koon, same thing.. as well as Kit Fisto.

2: Have you had problems with your Saga figures' lightsaber pegs breaking?

I've had numerous Jedi fall to the floor with saber in hand.. and so far not one has broken. Lucky me! :)

figrin bran
06-16-2002, 01:18 AM
my saesee tinn fell from not even 1 foot above the ground and the saber handle broke.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 02:31 AM
Noticed how you need to put your clone trooper in a Jive position to get him to stand....?

geez

gibbspaulus
06-16-2002, 08:20 AM
My final battle jango is a ratbag - his right lower leg seems to have warped and you cannot get his feet to be level in any way, shape or form. It's a real bugger.

The lightsabre thing was getting to me so I posed all the jedi on figure stands, out of harm's reach... (see dodgy photo)

hango fett
06-16-2002, 01:21 PM
my yoda's lightsaber broke and now i can't find the hilt! it's so little i think it got sweeped up by the sweeper! oh, well...i just use dooku's or HDani's green one for him...

Lt Kettch
06-16-2002, 07:38 PM
My nikto Jedi knight will not stand for the life of me, it just falls over, nothing i can do.

Aeros Kahn
06-16-2002, 10:30 PM
my taun we stands just fine
so does my geonosian

however
the nikto jedi, jango fb, vader, and luke fall allll the time

my figs are on my bookcase in front of my books placing them
at the edge
when they fall they hit the ground 3 ft below
and bam
super suprisingly nothign has broken yet
though both vader's and nikto's sabers bent and i had to fix them