PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic-Con thoughts?

stormie
06-13-2002, 04:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever been to this show, and what they thought of it. It's the only big show on the West Coast, so I was thinking of maybe, possibly going this time around. What kind of SW stuff can be found there? Vintage or new toys? Sneak peeks of upcoming stuff? Other stuff? I'm not much into the gaming/roleplaying scene, or even comics for that matter--just the toys--but I've always heard positive talk about this show in terms of Star Wars content. I've been to their Website, but I want to hear from people that have actually experienced it first-hand. Thanks!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2002, 02:03 PM
I've been there the last 2 years, but alas I will be unable to go this year. :( It's been great, with the Masquerade costume contest being awesome each time. There are TONS of dealers, with comics, toys, movies, art, autographers, artists, etc. Lots of SW stuff, too. I expect there'll be more with AOTC out this spring.

I did see someone with a SSG Staff shirt in the audience of a Hasbro panel discussion. Sir Steve? JediTricks? A clone?

Here's an Old Forums discussion of previous years:
SD ComicCon '00 + '01 (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=7&PID=253)

RooJay
06-28-2002, 05:43 AM
The BEST show...I've never been to. :( I hear it's one of the best though! Always wanted to go. I even had a chance once, but I missed out! I believe it was one of Jack "THE KING" Kirby's last (maybe the last!) appearances too!:cry: Boy do I ever regret not going to that one! If you've got a chance, I say take it!

stormie
06-28-2002, 05:38 PM
After counting all my dimes and nickels (and pennies), unfortunately it's just going to be too expensive for me to get down there.

Thanks for the responses (and perhaps even magnifying the regret I'll feel ;)).

FishEyedLouie
07-01-2002, 09:15 PM
When is it?

stormie
07-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by FishEyedLouie
When is it?

First weekend of August. :)