PDA

View Full Version : R2-Q5 questions

Old Fossil
06-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Just curious: how many of this figure do you have? How do you rate it in the POTJ line?

I have five, all loose. For months I owned three, but one of my local Wal-Marts had two on damaged cards for a long time. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and bought them a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's a nicely-done figure, though the eye-port is not as distinct as it should be. I wouldn't mind having a few more, since they go so well in nearly any Imperial display-scene.

fourtwo
06-13-2002, 04:01 PM
i have none. i sure wish i had one.

Rogue II
06-13-2002, 04:01 PM
I like him. I accidentally ended up with 4. I bought 1 and opened it. Then I saw another one a month or 2 later and decided to keep one carded. Then my wife bought me another because she didn't know if I had it or not. And just this week, I won an auction of 23 droids, and R2-Q5 was one of them.

I like the figure. I agree with you about the eye, but overall, its pretty nice. I wouldn't complain if they produced more generic R2 units based off of his mold.

DarthBrandon
06-13-2002, 04:11 PM
I've got one and I love this little evil droid. It's so cool all in black, one of my favorites and he's still carded till I find a second.

TIE Pilot
06-13-2002, 06:32 PM
I have one, it's a very nicely done little astromech. I just wish the "eye" was a bit more detailed. It's pretty flat to the surface and hard to see.

DrewDewce
06-13-2002, 08:36 PM
I've only seen one in a local comic book shop, and I'm wearing down on not buying him. He looks like he needs a good home ;-)

BoShek
06-13-2002, 10:17 PM
I got another one today!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-13-2002, 11:24 PM
He's a droid, what can you say. He was the first POTJ figure I ever collected, a must have when I first saw him (I got two in a buy-one-get-one-free sale at KB). I told myself that I don't have the energy nor the money to start a new line (mainly the money) but KB and R2-Q5 sucked me in. I have a total of three, two carded and one opened.

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 02:55 AM
I have a trio now, and the only things I don't like are the shallow radar eye and the "modern long 3rd leg" problem that gets all the recent astromech figures, where the middle leg is too long - it can be extended too far out but it can't be pushed all the way back in. It's a pretty good figure though, I think it's a shame that Hasbro wasn't able to get more of them out there (I got my 3 several months apart from each other, it was a slow waiting process).

RooJay
06-14-2002, 03:20 AM
Wow, hearing you guys talk about how you each own several it seems to me that they did get plenty of them out there (I managed to get the one I needed pretty easily) but that most of them ended up going to a much smaller number of collectors!:sur:

Rogue II
06-14-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
Wow, hearing you guys talk about how you each own several it seems to me that they did get plenty of them out there (I managed to get the one I needed pretty easily) but that most of them ended up going to a much smaller number of collectors!:sur:

Well if you are in the Northern CA area, I found 2 of mine in Fairfield (I think it was KMart). There were quite a few there.

Old Fossil
06-14-2002, 07:12 AM
Yeah, this wave was (eventually) not too difficult to find for me, on several occasions; I had not planned on having that many (two at most), but after they warmed the pegs here for a couple of months, I figured, what the heck, better get 'em while I can.

sith_killer_99
06-14-2002, 07:14 AM
The initial release was VHTF. I never saw ANY of the figs from that wave during it's initial release. A couple of months ago the whole wave started to hit AGAIN?!?!

Who can say what happened?

Anyway, YES this is a GREAT figure. I have a few myself.

BTW, they NEVER corrected the mispelling.

Rogue II
06-14-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

BTW, they NEVER corrected the mispelling.

I was wondering about that. I wonder why people made such a big deal about it.

Darkross
06-14-2002, 10:41 AM
I have two (both loose). I stumbled across three of them in a store a few months back and couldn't help it...since I never saw him here in Canada, I had to get two of them. I do wish that I picked up the third one...anyway I'm going back to that store this weekend and maybe I'll see him still on the shelf.

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:01 AM
I have 1 on the card and 1 to display. Between my friends and I we probably captured 8 of the little buggers for retail after searching very hard.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-14-2002, 03:32 PM
I have three of the little buggers. I like it cause it's an astromech droid, but I don't like the black color.

Found my first one on vacation in LA.
My second one at a KB in Utah for $7.99
The third one is a funny story. I went to Mesa Verde, CO during Mem. Day weekend and stopped off at a nearby WM in dinky Cortez. They had a single R2-Q5 which rang up on the scanner as: "RD-D2 Painted Black" :crazed:

fourtwo
06-14-2002, 04:16 PM
it makes me sad to see all of you having multiples of this figure when i'm nearly 100% sure this fig didn't even get released in canada.
:(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-14-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
it makes me sad to see all of you having multiples of this figure when i'm nearly 100% sure this fig didn't even get released in canada.
:(

fourtwo, I was in Toronto last October and I stopped at a place called Toys Toys Toys in the beautiful Eaton Centre. They had the Tessek wave, including two R2-Q5s for $14.99 + GST. They were on American cards however. This was back when the Tessek wave was released in small amounts in the U.S. so I gobbled up a couple of those figs. Later that year in December the Tessek wave resurfaced in greater quantities and I was able to get 2 more R2-Q5s. :happy:

BoShek
06-15-2002, 09:08 AM
I may be able get some to trade. Anyone interested?

Croaker
06-15-2002, 10:02 AM
Four two -
This figure was released in Canada.
I got mine at a walmart. Tri-logo. I was able to pick up the whole wave. I think it was tessek, Lando, Droid and Jar Jar.
Wait a minute....I didn't buy the Jarjar.

I did only see it (R2-Q5) once or twice however.

QLD
06-15-2002, 01:04 PM
I have one. Loose. Funny, I ran across another at a K-Mart a while back. They had the whole Lando wave. The R2 was on a beat up card, which doesn't stop me, because I collect loose. But, I passed. I couldn't think of a reason to have 2 of those.

fourtwo
06-15-2002, 02:07 PM
BoShek: if its a reasonable price then yes, i'm very interested.

BoShek
06-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Well my friend, I have to take a look see and see if I can find more. I will email you if I find some!

sith_killer_99
06-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Here is a picture of the Tri-Logo R2-Q5!

BTW, I found it over at:

www.snowtroopers.ca

THE BEST Canadian SW collecting site on the net IMHO. They have been a FANTASTIC source for my NON-US carded collection.

fourtwo
06-15-2002, 09:19 PM
i'm a member over there myself. koda has really helped me out with some stuff. i never saw one of those, then again there is quite a bit i haven't seen.

Croaker
06-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Yeah, snowtroopers is a great site.
I post there occasionally, and plan to more when I return to Canada.

WesleySr
06-19-2002, 01:57 AM
I thought it was a pretty cool droid, didnt really pay much attention to the detail around the eye-port.

BoShek
06-24-2002, 11:20 PM
I have some for trade. Check out the trading board.

thespar
06-27-2002, 04:45 PM
I have one of the little guys but he has the missing spelling and is nmoc. As far as the rest i have all the basic and dex fig.

OC47150
07-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Five -- one loose in my Death Star playset and four on cards. It was just too cool to pass up.

Old Fossil
07-12-2002, 08:09 PM
I agree. I think it's one of the best figures of the line. The black droid really stands out nicely on the green POTJ card. Course, all mine are loose now, but anyway...

Rather miss those cards, I do. I also liked the way they showed off the white of the Scout Trooper and the POTJ Sandtrooper.

SithAvenger
07-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Is this figure that hard to find? I was at my local Family Dollar store at they must of had atleast 15 of these things

Darkross
07-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SithAvenger
Is this figure that hard to find? I was at my local Family Dollar store at they must of had atleast 15 of these things

Dollar store? Which one?

SithAvenger
07-17-2002, 12:41 PM
The store is called Family Dollar if thats what u wanted to know

OC47150
07-17-2002, 12:45 PM
How long ago was it that you found SW figures at Family Dollar? I have one in my city but have never stopped.

Do you remember how much? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

Darkross
07-17-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SithAvenger
The store is called Family Dollar if thats what u wanted to know

OK...where is it located...which city...state etc...

Old Fossil
07-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Dang. I stopped hunting for figures at Family Dollar well over a year ago. The last figures I thought they had were Episode I Padme's, Ric Olies, etc.

Guess I'd better go make a toy run...

SithAvenger
07-17-2002, 08:00 PM
well i saw them yesterday in magnolia, ohio they were $5 i believe. They only had four kinds though they had the r2-q5, tatooine jar jar, lando and tessek. Should i pick up any of these?

Old Fossil
07-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Only if you want them! R2-Q5, Lando, and Tessek are all very nice figures. R2 is becoming very hard to come by. I do not have the Jar Jar.

OC47150
07-18-2002, 07:44 AM
I'll have to swing by my Family Dollar in the next couple of days and look. The one in my area closes early, around 8 p.m.