PDA

View Full Version : Scalpers don't make me angry, they make me laugh...

Count Dooku
06-13-2002, 07:35 PM
You got these old men crawling around from department store to department store, scooping up all the shelves, and then turning around and trying to pimp it on ebay. Too much. I've seen the bids on ebay for new Saga figures. They are 1-2 bucks more than in the store. Do these guys think that they will make millions off of these Saga figures. Too much comedy!

Think about all the gas money and time spent grinding it out day after day, only to turn around and sell an Orn Free Taa for 7 bucks online, and make 2 bucks on it overall. Wow, that's hilarious. You can't even buy a pack of butts with that.

Everybody in this forum is angered by them. But they just make me laugh, what losers! Get a life scalpers!

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Interesting view on "the life of a scalper." Anyway, true, very true.

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 08:02 PM
I was at a few stores when they opened and watched these clowns run to the toy dept. to get the "Hottest" toys to sell on E-Bay. Let me tell you it's not only SW figures, it could be Hot Wheels, Harry Potter, or even Barbie or G.I Joe. It's whatever is "HOT". But in all reality how much can you make doing that when you factor in gas, wear and tear on your car, shipping it ect...:confused: :confused: Oh well....HH It is pretty funny to watch them.:crazed: :crazed:

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-13-2002, 08:35 PM
yes they actually save us tiem and keep the pegs a movin!

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Say What????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Darth Sidious
06-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Yes, I also find them quite humorous. I wish I could see more of them to laugh at, theyre not very common in my area.

QLD
06-13-2002, 09:07 PM
I can't decide who I laugh at more. The scalpers, or the people who get worked up over them.

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 10:50 PM
I really don't get too worked up over them (scalpers)-I'll find what I need in time. You just need to be patient. It's only a hobby and they are only toys that we collect. Have fun and HH:) :)

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 10:54 PM
But as I said before-It's funny to watch them run their a@@ off to the toy asile for the HOT toys.:crazed: :crazed:

Count Dooku
06-13-2002, 11:24 PM
They are so pathetic, just old men making &sses out of themselves. Too much.

brentfett
06-14-2002, 12:29 AM
They ARE humorous and ridiculous in concept, but the reality of all the good newer figures missing because of these clowns does make one's blood boil at times.....

Cubehead
06-14-2002, 01:16 AM
This thread really hits the mark. Scalping is a pathetic and sad way of life. Like leeches in the toilet of American capitalism.

However in my neck of the woods, it's not just for 50 year old sex offenders, it's also the 'goatee wearing' 30 somethings who are getting in the trade. I guess there has to be a new generation of losers to replace the sleazy old men when there gone.

I don't get worked up over scalpers either. But I do find f'ing with them to be amusing, and I always do so with a smile. Never let them know your the enemy;)

QLD
06-14-2002, 02:15 AM
I saw a scalper once. So I shot him in the face with a shotgun. The manager of Wal-Mart came over, and said, thank you. We have been waiting for liberation for sooooo long. At last the chosen one has come. I said, "Hail to the King Baby", as I pumped more lead into his corpse. Then we strung it up on a giant Star Wars display in front of the Wal-Mart to deter anyone from trying it again. I was carried on my peers shoulders through the streets in parade style, and given a medal by the president. He said that the war on terrorism is finally over. Then I said, it's not over until we shoot them all in the face with shotguns. And he said, "You're right." So then.....................

Ah, nevermind. Maybe I should have just used the Salemn Witch Trials as an example.

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Being a scalper with SW is fool's gold, and it has been for a few years. The golden age of the scalper would have to have been 97/98 - with all of the 12" exclusives and figure shortages during POTF2's zenith. Those days are long gone.

QLD
06-14-2002, 11:21 PM
True sideswipe.

Darth Cruel
06-20-2002, 07:58 PM
I see still scalpers all the time. And I still see people buying figures from them all the time. I try to tell people to be patient and they will find them on the shelves, but it seems like two attitudes are prevailing, the gotta-keep-up-with-the-Joneses attitude and the gotta-be-the-first-to-have-it one. But at least the scalper prices seem to be coming down a little.