PDA

View Full Version : Does the new battle droid suck or what...

Lonely Padme
06-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Why would anyone buy an inferior version of this guy compared to EP1?

Your thoughts...?

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 08:32 PM
The only problems I've got with it are gummy plastic (okay for accessories, NOT FOR FIGURES), and no knee articulation.

Lman316
06-13-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The only problems I've got with it are gummy plastic (okay for accessories, NOT FOR FIGURES), and no knee articulation.

Yep, my thoughts too. I was expecting the same level of articulation when I opened my first AOTC Battle Droid, and I was shocked that his knees couldn't bend.
And the gummy plastics suck. I bet that would mostly get rid of the problem with its head falling off. The POTJ Battle Droid (Security)'s head falls off every once in a while; but nothing like what the AOTC one will do if you take off the rubber band.
But, all in all, I really don't mind them. I bought a few more since the price drop, and if they ever go on clearance (or I ever get some more money :rolleyes: ), I'll get some more.

End :).

mrmiller
06-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Yea, he sucks pretty bad, but not near as bad as the Super Battle Droid. They should have at least made his arm rotate into firing position. And good luck getting him to stand up. Lame. I'll be posing a 1-10 review on this in a couple of days, just like I started with Padme, and tomorrow Obi Wan. You should join the disscusion.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

=MATT=

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-13-2002, 10:45 PM
He has one nipple! Oh wait, that holds the blast effect.

Count Dooku
06-13-2002, 11:29 PM
All the Battle Droids suck big time. I will not, not, buy one until they are being cleared out for 1.99.

brentfett
06-14-2002, 12:24 AM
I agree with you mrmiller, the super battle droid is far worse. In terms of construction and durability, this could be the worst figure of the new Saga line.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-14-2002, 08:27 AM
Are you guys mad? The Super Battle Droid rules!!! I have two (one carded and one loose) and it stands just fine! The arm doesn't rotate, but you can fix that by bending the arm after suubmerging it in boiled and then in icecold water.

:eek:

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 08:37 AM
The SBD is a cool figure, IMO. I have a few standing on real stands, so that may be why I don't have a problem with them. I imagine that they might have a problem standing on their own. The regular BDs, DO suck though - entirely too "gummy" all around.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-14-2002, 11:56 AM
I love the SBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!?!? He's an awesome figure! How could you claim him as the worst figure of the SAGA line?

PygmyAllosaurus
06-14-2002, 12:01 PM
My SBD stands just fine, in several different poses actually. He's far better than I was expecting.

NiktosRule
06-14-2002, 10:02 PM
The Super Battle Droid is one of my favorite figures. I have 5 of them.

The regular battle droid would be pretty cool if he had knee articulation.

Hellboy
06-15-2002, 01:59 AM
I agree that both Battle Droid and SBD are poor figures mostly due to the lack of good articulation. I never should have taken the rubber band off of my BD's heads. ARRRGGGGHHH!!!

The Destroyer will hopefully be the best of the bunch.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Well I finally took the rubberband off my SAGA BattleDroid's neck and......

It stays on pretty good for me I like now with it off because with it on he's looking up and he looks way better looking down more!

:D

Jargo
08-12-2002, 07:26 PM
I have four super batle droids standing free and easy without the aid of any real stand or poster tack stuck to their feet. The lack of a correct firing position is not a problem to me as the presense of the droids is imposing enough. A brilliant toy in my opinion apart from the cheaper plastic used to make him. that's the sub par part.

The battle droid is a litle gummy in the leg department I'll agree. I only bought one deciding to wait for the red/brown version. When that shows I'll go mad for them. I suppose it helps living in a country that doesn't have hot summers so they don't all wilt and fall over. So there is a blessing in disguise to living in cold wet britain after all... :)

hango fett
08-12-2002, 07:30 PM
i think this has been over-descused....i know that i did a thread on this a while back...it will probably all get merged.....anywho...it is the worst figure of the saga line yet. not an opinion, a fact.

pthfnder89
08-13-2002, 01:02 PM
The regular BD was one of the first figures I bought in the Saga line and I was so disgusted with it I can't even speak of it...

But on the bright side, the BD that come with the AOTC Accessory Pack is created from the Security Battle Droid mold (the best BD ever) and it is also correctly colored for Arena scenes. (although he doesn't have a communication backpack)

I've bought 5 of them so far so I can build my army:D

Jargo
08-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Wish we got a proper release of those accessory packs over here so we could army build with them. It's costing an arm and a leg just to get one. :( Damn exclusive crappity crap policy *grumble mutter Jonna left mumble grumble mutter damn and blast it mumble mutter.........*

aceguide
08-13-2002, 04:54 PM
The Battle Droid is the worst.

What was wrong with EpI? It was fine. No need to change.

Security did do justice in the pose category - again, why go changing?

SAGA BD is just plain bad.

BUT - SBD rocks. Very cool fig. No complaints here.

Jek Porky 2002
08-13-2002, 05:16 PM
I have to disagree with the majority of you, I like it, it's not one of the best in the line, but it's not one of the worst, not like Mace or Ki-Adi Mundi!

hango fett
08-13-2002, 05:48 PM
ki-adi is one of my favs! probably because i don't have an TPM one out of the pack...
<O>

Mandalorian Candidat
08-13-2002, 06:16 PM
I haven't opened up my Saga BD but the one that comes with Mace is totally excreble. It's only good for a diorama where you need a sliced BD.

On the other hand the SBD is terrific. It stands fine on my desk and the blow apart feature is great. I couldn't ever picture it going up to Nute or Rune and saying "Roger, roger" in that dopey synthesized voice.