PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Act Of Kindness!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Ok, I have to mention this because I would like to recognize a person I met here on SSG forums.

Unfortunately, I do not know his SSG name, only his real name which I shall not divulge BUT...we had been doing some trading back and forth starting when sneak peak figs came out and this person sent me, for absolutely nothing, just out of the kindness of his soul...The Jorg Sacul figure after he got back from SW Celebration II. I proudly display Jorg, not just as the coolest figure he is but also because he means even that much more to me for the reasons he was sent to me!

THANKS, even though we only "talk" through e-mail, I've enjoyed it very much and you are a good friend!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :p :D :) :D :) :D :) :p :D :) :D :) :D :) ;) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :p

DarthBrandon
06-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Lucky you, wish I could get my hands on one. Hats off to the Gent or Lady that got you one, you lucky devil.

Talk to you L8R Deoxyribonucleic

DeadEye
06-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Isn't the Sacul figure using the same body as the POTF2 Biggs figure?

Darth Cruel
06-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Now this is true collecting. I have always been an advocate of this type of behavior. There are a few collectors (including a few who frequent this site) who have recieved things like Skiffs, Y-Wings and such from me. I sent one of the 12" Luke/Speeders to a buddy in Europe and have given away countless hard-to-find figures. I apologize for sounding like I am patting myself on the back I just hope the word gets out about helping each other out like this when we can.

AND DON"T BUY FROM THE SCALPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
I apologize for sounding like I am patting myself on the back I just hope the word gets out about helping each other out like this when we can.

Don't EVER apologize for being nice :) I've done the same stuff too, as much as I can afford to because I know how much these figs mean to me and to others and I like to get them to people who aren't as able to get them as myself.

From hanging out in the LA JUST FOUND thread, alot of the peeps do the same there to help their fellow collectors. It's just all around very cool!

jjreason
06-15-2002, 06:05 PM
That is cool. I'd like to take this same opportunity to send another shout out to SWFREAKER who posts here from time to time. If you search his site name and email him, you'll find he's selling his whole collection, which was very close to complete with HTF exclusives, etc. at COST. From him I received a Skiff, YWing and 3.75 Luke with Wampa for COST. Wow. It's cool things like that which lead me to repeating Darth Cruel's words of wisdom: "DON"T BUY FROM SCALPERS!!!!". Truer words were never spoken. Patience will prevail, especially on the really hard things to get. Nothing is the apple of the eyes of the masses forever. Good luck everybody, I hope you all find good collector-friends like this. They can make a potentially frustrating hobby very fun and rewarding.

QLD
06-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Glad to hear there are upstanding citizens in the world today!

Obi-Don
06-16-2002, 06:28 AM
Thats the main reason I stay with this site. The best DAMN people in the Star Wars community is here.