PDA

View Full Version : What sports teams do you love/hate?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Quite Long Dong's post about his faves/unfaves in the Lakers thread made me think that a post about who we like/dislike/abhor in the sports world. We all seem to be very opinionated about sports, so maybe this is a good place to just let it out. Vent away! :)

Here's my list...

MLB
Like: Dodgers, Angels, Yankees, BoSox (that's kind of a paradox), Mets
Hate: Mariners (I so loathe them), A's, Giants, Braves (and that phlegm-wad TT and his ex-hag Jane Fonda)

NFL
Like: 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Packers
Hate: Cowboys, Seahawks, Raiders (Gruden and Davis are the biggest jerks on the planet), Rams (it's that golddigger Frontiere that I really can't stomach), Falcons, Titans

NBA
Like: Lakers (of course), Spurs, Kings (except when they play the Lakers), Mavs (except for Mark Cuban)
Hate: Sonics, Jazz, Blazers, Knicks (that Latrine Sprewell is a piece of work)

NHL
Like: Kings, Ducks, Red Wings, Avalanche, Sabres
Hate: Stars (that S.Cup "goal" should have been disallowed), Sharks

QLD
06-14-2002, 12:01 AM
NBA

Dislike - Bulls, Lakers, Knicks, Pistons, Blazers, Sonics, Sixers
Like - Hawks, Pacers, Mavs, Cavs, Jazz, Suns

NFL

Dislike - Saints, 49ers, Rams, Bucs, Cowboys, Ravens, Broncos, Giants, Jets
Like - Falcons, Steelers, Titans, Colts, Chiefs, Bills, Packers

MLB
Dislike - Yankees, Mets, Astros, Reds, Indians, Marlins, Orioles, Cubs, Dodgers
Like - Braves, A's, Expos, Rangers, Mariners

And Ted Turner has NOTHING to do with the Braves anymore. That is all AOL/Time Warner now. He is just another share holder.

And how can anyone hate the Falcons? They are soooo horrible. Most people don't even acknowledge them.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-14-2002, 01:14 AM
MLB

Like: Bo Sox, Expos, and most small market teams (especially KC)

Hate: Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, and the Yankees

NFL

Like: Buffalo Bills, Packers, Cardinals

Hate: Redskins, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys

NHL

Like: Sabres (my num #1 fav sports teams) Sharks, Ducks, Flames, Canucks

Hate: Filthidelphia Flyers, Maple Laffs, Penguins, Oilers, Stars

NBA

Like: Atlanta Hawks, Toronto Raptors

Hate: Bulls, Lakers, Heat

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2002, 01:59 AM
MLB
Like: Mets, Braves, Cardinals
Dislike: Yankees, Mariners, Expos
NFL
Like: Panthers, Jets, Steelers, Cowboys
Dislike: Bills, Rams, Vikings, Ravens
NHL
Like: Hurricanes
Dislike: I dont dislike any team really, but I respect Detroit.
NBA
Like: No one really, dont care for the NBA at all.

figrin bran
06-14-2002, 02:17 AM
NBA

like: Lakers, Clippers...i don't really like their respective teams but i like Tracy McGrady and Baron Davis
hate: Jazz, Blazers

NFL

like: Rams
hate: Broncos, Raiders, 49ers

NHL

like: Kings, Ducks
hate: Avalanche

MLB

like: Dodgers, Angels
hate: Yankees, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Giants

NCAA

like: UCLA
hate: USC!!!!!!! Arizona, Duke, Wisconsin

jjreason
06-14-2002, 03:05 AM
Funny topic. I support Jerry Seinfeld's "laundry" theory on this. Jerry said something about free agency moving so many players from team to team all the time, that there are no teams. Only players and laundry. So, my favorite laundry belongs to:

Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Chicago Bears, Toronto Raptors.

The laundry Id sooner burn than look at would be that of:

Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays, Minnesota Viqueens, Green Bay Fudge Packers, Florida Marlins (yes, Im still mad at Wayne Huizenga for ruining the Indians chances at a World Series with his crappy rented team), and the Yankees. Im also not a big Laker fan, but have too much respect for Phil Jackson to really dis them here.

I HATE teams that rent championships and then sell off the players and break the fans hearts. The Wings may look like they're in that boat, but they've been a contender for nearly10 years. Ilitch is SUPER dedicated to the hockey fans in Detroit. Now spend some money on 2 pitchers!

Arrogant Arse
06-14-2002, 09:25 AM
JJR, ONLY 2 pitchers for the Tigers?????? Maybe some hitters also

(Basically I agree with you.)

Vortex
06-14-2002, 11:56 AM
NBA - Don't like a team out there, and only check up on the local Timberpuppies to see how bad they choke and fall apart.

NFL

Likes - Vikes, Bears and sadly the Bangles.
Dislikes - Cowboys (Never mention the name H. Walker in Minnesota) Green Bush, Tampon Bay, and the Giants.

MLB

Like - Twinks, O's, St. Louis.
Hate - Yankes and the Braves...and the Brewers...ahh lets throw in Bud for good measure too.
Feel sorry for the Rays, Tigers, and San Diego.

NHL (Hard one since I'm from MN and we live breath and die hockey around here)

Love - Wild, Leafs, Panthers, Lanch. The old Winnipeg Jets and the Blues.
Really Hate - Dallas (Stars should still be in MN), Detrot, Rangers, and Canucks.
Like - Everyone else.

Might as well toss some college hockey teams in too. Obiviously my national champs, The Golden Gophers. Michigan, BC, and UNH.

Dislikes - Wuss-sconsin, St. Cloud State, UND, Duluth, CC, BU and Harvard.

European Soccer (football teams)

Like - Glasgow Rangers, Grasshoppers, Freiburg, Bayern, HR, and Red Star.
Dislike - Manchester United, Inter, Ajax,

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 12:00 PM
NFL
===
Like: Saints, Eagles, Dolphins, Browns

Hate: 49ers, Rams, Giants, Bills, Jets

NBA
===
Like: Lakers, Twolves, Raptors

Hate: Kings, Spurs, Suns

NCAA
====

Like: Syracuse

Hate: Miami, Va Tech, Georgetown

Darth Shifty
06-14-2002, 12:23 PM
NFL
+++

Like: Broncos, Giants, Lions
Hate: Raiders, Texans:D

NHL
+++

Like: Avs, Islanders
Hate: Red Wings, Stars

NBA
+++

Like: Kings, Nuggs (some day, some day...), Celtics
Hate: Lakers and pretty much all the rest

MLB
+++

Like: BOSOX!! (This is the year!), Rockies
Hate: Braves

NCAA
+++

Like: Nittany Lions, Buffs
Hate: Cornhuskers

Mandalorian Candidat
Originally posted by jjreason
Funny topic. I support Jerry Seinfeld's "laundry" theory on this. Jerry said something about free agency moving so many players from team to team all the time, that there are no teams. Only players and laundry.

**in best nasal NY accent** So what's the deal with free agency?

I forgot my NCAA picks too.

Like: UCLA all the way, Long Beach State (my alma mater), BYU (that's where I am now), Cal State Fullerton (almost went there), Cal Poly Pomona (went there one year, but do they have any sports? NO! except for rugby), Michigan, Florida, Penn State, Notre Dame (for football), Minnesota (for hockey), Army (was in ROTC for one year)

Hate: USC (I'm not a Trojan man ;) ), Cal Poly SLO, Florida State (can't stand Bobby Bowden), Texas, U of Wash, or Wazzoo (freakin dumb nickname for a school), Ohio St., Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan State, Navy (see reason above), Purdue (what kind of name is that?), Utah State, and U of Utah (can't like BYU and them at the same time--if I did I would explode)

Whew! **Taking a deep breath now**

stormie
I'm not much into hating other teams...too much energy...but I just naturally dislike some teams as a direct result of liking another team. Here goes:

MLB:
Like: Giants and sometimes A's (though definitely not this weekend)
Dislike: Dodgers and Yankees (a holdover from the days when all three played in NY, and even more so now that Clemens can get away with intentionally throwing at batters).

NFL:
Like: Niners
Dislike: Raiders (Wanna get beat up even when rooting for your own team, in your own stadium? Go to a Raider game. No wonder they can't sell tickets!)

NHL:
Like: Sharks
Dislike: Avs (though it's only spite!;))

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm not much of a sports fan; but I do keep up with football. The only teams I really like are the Steelers and the Bears.

Darth Shifty
06-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Sounds like BigB is a fan of the old school gridiron, before sissy contract negotiations and pitty-pat players. True Football! Walter Payton is still my all-time favorite player and I loved the Steele Curtain.

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
Sounds like BigB is a fan of the old school gridiron, before sissy contract negotiations and pitty-pat players. True Football! Walter Payton is still my all-time favorite player and I loved the Steele Curtain.

You're right, I do prefer the old days when football players didn't look like fashion models and weren't afraid to inflict bodily harm. Modern day football is a little too civil and sportsmanlike for me. Walter Payton, Dick Butkus....ahh the good ol' days.:)

Vortex
06-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Minnesota (for hockey),

Alright another Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey Fan!!! Pride on Ice!!! M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, Yea GOPHERS!!!!

I just hope we don't have to wait another 23 years for a national title.

Lone Jedi
06-14-2002, 06:55 PM
I only follow baseball, so here's my list:

Like: A's, Diamondbacks

Hate: Giants, Yankees, Giants, Braves, did I mention the Giants? ;)

Darth Cruel
06-14-2002, 08:11 PM
NFL

Like - Been a Steeler fan for 25 years. Also like the Packers because they represent their fans well.

Hate - The Raiders. They have been a team of thugs forever. And even though they were the closest team in the NFL to the FOX TV studios...I don't remember ever seeing them commit a player to the FOX Under The Helmet campaign. I figure it is because they know and are comfortable with the fact that a large number of their fans are thugs. That is not even to mention how big a jerk Al Davis is. And the Cowboys. They seem to be a team of drug addicts and trafficers . Pretty soon the whole team will need to be moved to the Texas Penal League. And Jerry Jones must be a buddy of Al Davis'. They are cut from the same fabric.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Gotta go for my local teams

NHL- Capitals
NFL- Redskins, Ravens
MLB- Orioles
MLS- United

2-1B
06-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Hate: Stars (that S.Cup "goal" should have been disallowed), Sharks

Nope, it was legit. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Nope, it was legit. :)

This will be debated (especially in Buffalo, we thrive on whatshouldhavebeens and whatifs) until the cows come home. Basically under the preexisting rules of that time the goal was illegal. The NHL tried to justify the fact they didn't review the goal after the play by citing a little known memo stating that that type of goal was legal. I believe the rule was adopted months before the game and was only enforced once before that night. I will however concede the NHL Finals of 99' to the Stars because they worked and played a much better game than the Sabres.

jjreason
06-15-2002, 02:33 AM
Actually, what makes it sadder for the Sabres is that they were calling goals back left right and center for guys having a skate in the crease (unless the puck was already in there, and they had put a skate in to get it). That was BS, 100%, and to top it all off that ex-patriot Brett "I know, Ill play for the US, they'll take me even if I can't make Team Canada" Hull was the one to capitalize. Bugger. I really wanted the Sabres to pull that one out, that city needs a championship in something worse than any other.

QLD
06-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Glad to see the Cowboys are on mosts people's lists. I HATE them. I definately think they are heads above any other football team as far as my hate goes.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2002, 08:21 PM
See if you can sense a pattern here:

NFL-
Like: Steelers
ABSOLUTELY DESPISE WITH EVERY BONE IN MY BODY: The football franchise from San Francisco (I refuse to acknowledge their name) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MLB-
Like: Pirates (arr! :Pirate: )
Dislike: Braves

NHL-
Like: Penguins

NBA-
Like: Clippers (until the Condors return to the 'Boigh :p )

NCAA-
Like: Pitt, Youngstown St., Ohio St.

And yes, I do live in... southern California.

Capitan_Moroni
07-16-2002, 04:53 PM
heh, I'm gonna go with the football team I play for. The Bountiful Braves.

MikeAndTheBots
07-16-2002, 05:11 PM
I'm not a huge sports fan (I only really follow football and baseball. And I don't really follow them that passionately. I used to but I just lost interest)
NFL
Like: Giants, Packers
Dislike: Viking, Cowboys, Rams, Ravens

MLB
Like: Yankees, and the twins are kind of cool
dislike: Indians, Diamondbacks, Giants

jedihunter25
07-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Detroit Red Wings Rulz !!!

Dislikes- Colorado Avs. ofcorse!!!

mabudonicus
07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
I only understand Hockey. Just quick- I agree with JJ, that goal came during a RASH of "callbacks", and it did kinda sting, though I've no love for buffalo, they're a solid team. The reason I know the "called off goals" so well?
I'm a Leafs fan. I even made my own Tie Domi figure, a pic of which is in the twisted figure thread (called domistanse, I think)
I don't dislike any teams from any sport, except maybe the Mighty Ducks, but that's more Disney's fault than anything particular about the team.

Pendo
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
The only sport I watch is football, and that's the English one!!! I support Liverpool FC, of course!!
And the team I hate I am not even going to say on these forums because it's a swear word here in Liverpool. Let's just say David Beckham plays for them...

PENDO!

Darth Nihilus
07-17-2002, 01:01 PM
What? Manchester United?:D

I could list the sports teams I like but I doubt anyone here will know what I'm talking about.

icatch9
07-17-2002, 01:04 PM
MLB Like: Chi Sox and Astros
Hate : Any team from LA or NY

NFL: Da Bears, the Bills and The Jets
Hate: Giants, Pats, Packers, Cowboys

NHL Like: Blackhawks
Hate: Rangers

NBA LIke: Da Bulls
Hate: any team from NY or LA (except the Clippers, I'm indifferent towards them:)).

Jonna
07-17-2002, 01:16 PM
I am not into sports, but I will tell you who I HATE: the Eagles and the Giants (football). But realize that it is not really them that I hate but the fans that I have interactions with. I have lived near both in Philly and NYC and the these people are the most violent testosterone driven inbreds that I have ever seen. They actually, during games, throw beer bottles out of resturant windows and onto the sidewalk on South St., Philly. What is wrong with people today????

OCB
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich

Alright another Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey Fan!!! Pride on Ice!!! M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, Yea GOPHERS!!!!

I just hope we don't have to wait another 23 years for a national title.

I'm with you too! I graduated class of '97 from the U of M, now all we need is a good football team :)

NFL:

Like: Vikings
Sorta Like: Colts, Rams
Hate: Packers, Bears, Lions, Buccaneers, Giants

MLB:

Like: Twins, Expos
Hate: Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Diamondbacks, Mets, Braves

NBA:

Like: T-Wolves, Kings, Mavs
Hate: Lakers and Knicks (and anyone else NBC crams down your throat every weekend)

NHL:

Like: Minnesota North Stars, errr, oh the Hartford Whalers, oh wait the Winnipeg Jets, huh, the Quebec Nordiques...hmmm

Hate: Stars, Carolina, Phoenix and Colorado...get the picture???

NCAA

Like: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Hate: Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana

icatch9
07-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Got a big ten phobia huh?

I L L I N I :)

Lt Kettch
07-17-2002, 03:07 PM
NHL: Love the penguins hate the devils

MLB: Love the pirates hate the braves

NFL: Love the Steelers hate the bills

NBA: Love the Magic hate the Lakers

aceguide
07-17-2002, 03:20 PM
NHL:

Like - AVS
Dislike - Red Wing ($uck)

NFL:

Like - Donkeys (Broncos)
Dislike - Raiders, Cowboys, 9ers, Redskins, Giants

NBA:

Like - the (green) Nuggs
Dislike - the NBA

MLB:

Like - Rockies, Cubs
Dislike - AL

NCAA:

Like - Camp Ho Ho Statesmen, DU Pioneers
Dislike - Florida, Miami

OCB
07-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Got a big ten phobia huh?

I L L I N I :) No phobia, there can be only one ;)

Pendo
07-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
What? Manchester United?:D

DON'T SWEAR in these forums, little children could be reading this!! :D But yes you are right, I hate the scum!

PENDO!

Lobito
07-17-2002, 05:31 PM
SOCCER

Well...u dont know any mexican teams so i wont go there...and i'm guessing if almost nobody placed international soccer clubs (i saw Manchester United :D ) you guys would not know of AC Milan, Real Madrid, Atlante, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, etc. just to name a few.

Anyway.....

NFL: I am a Redskin fan, Cowboys and Steelers come in 2nd and 3rd...then The Broncos and the Dolphins are in 4th and 5th place.

Teams i hate:....well...being a Redskin fan u would assume i hate the cowboys, but as i stated b4 i dont, (2nd team for Lobito) but instead i used to hate the niners...(waaaay back when they were invincible).

NBA: I like the lakers and used to like the bulls when Jordan was there.

MLB: YANKEES!!!!! All the way.

NHL: Montreal Canadiens!!!!!

Thats it.:D

Pendo
07-17-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
SOCCER

Well...u dont know any mexican teams so i wont go there...and i'm guessing if almost nobody placed international soccer clubs (i saw Manchester United :D ) you guys would not know of AC Milan, Real Madrid, Atlante, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, etc. just to name a few.

HEY, you missed out LIVERPOOL!!!!!

PENDO!

Lobito
07-17-2002, 05:43 PM
I know...how could i miss Liverpool with Michael Owen in there???? You can add Liverpool to my list!!:D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
NFL: I am a Redskin fan, Cowboys and Steelers come in 2nd and 3rd...then The Broncos and the Dolphins are in 4th and 5th place.

Isn't Dallas a big favorite in Mexico. I thought that's why they play an exhibition game in Mex. city once a year.

I wonder if they'll ever put a team down there? Heck, it seems that even a town the size of Mesquite, NV will get an NFL team before LA. :D

Vortex
07-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by OCB

I'm with you too! I graduated class of '97 from the U of M, now all we need is a good football team :)

Me, Summer 98...I miss that place in the spring, especially the mall watching the women sun themselves after a long cold winter...ahhh memories.

Give the football team about 2 more years before they are competitive and are taken seriously. Might help to get better refs too. How many losses did we have with the help of very poor officiating that could have been upsets?

Hey Lobito, I know all the major european soccer power houses, AC Milan, Inter, Real, Parma, Liverpool (Glad the Red Devils didn't win the league title last year) I'm a Rangers Fan myself.

Exhaust Port
07-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Love: Ohio State football

Hate: Michigan (obviously) and Notre Dame (stop wasting Saturday broadcast time televising these games!!!)

Lobito
07-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Isn't Dallas a big favorite in Mexico. I thought that's why they play an exhibition game in Mex. city once a year.

It is!!! The most part follows the cowboys, and the other part is a Steeler's fan...other popular teams here are the Raiders and the Dolphins. The exhibition game they play here is the American bowl and u are right, Dallas always plays that game.

Hey Lobito, I know all the major european soccer power houses, AC Milan, Inter, Real, Parma, Liverpool (Glad the Red Devils didn't win the league title last year) I'm a Rangers Fan myself.

Its good to see there are some soccer fans other than me.:)

Jango Jett
07-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Ive never really been a sports fan , I hate football , basketball,
baseball, boxing, etc there all too violent, I dont like the type of
people that they attract, ussually foul mouthed , loud, rude,
people that think they are macho, especially boxing! a lot of those guys are ex-thugs and low lifes or ex-cons! I prefer more peaceful sports like boating, fishing, bicycling, long distance running. I dont watch sports on tv, I prefer a good movie anytime.
:D

stormie
07-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Not to say you're wrong or anything Jango (I agree that Boxing is one ugly, violent "sport"), but how is baseball violent? I like baseball specifically because it isn't violent. Sure, the occasionally hit batter, or collision on the basepaths, but overall it's a very noncontact type of game. Especially compared to football, hockey and basketball, where contact is necessary. Hockey would, in my opinion, benefit greatly from a little less violence.

mabudonicus
07-18-2002, 02:15 PM
C'mon, LESS VIOLENCE?!? Less cheap shots maybe, but since the 90's, anyone who uses the hackneyed old cliche "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" is just saying that they haven't seen hockey since the mid 80s. The game is honestly WAY less violent, trust me, I'm a Canadian who's first fave team was the Bruins circa 1977. THAT was violence. Most of the bad stuff in hockey currently is the result of the "exciting" race for the puck to negate icing.
Off the top of my head, I don't recall anyone ever having their career ended by a hockey fight, but I've seen plenty due to (feigned or otherwise) carelessness.
Not grousing, I just LOVE hockey, and it really isn't the "bare knuckles, bucket of teeth" slugfest it used to be.
BTW- I must agree that Baseball is a bit more violent than, say, golf or chess, but not much:)!!!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sideswipe1984
[B]NFL

[QUOTE]
Go SU. being from th Syracuse are I have to say you gotta love the Orangemen, The Cuse is in the house.

Why do so many of you dislike or hate the Yankees? They're awesome, I mean come on Jeter with the toss, whats not to like.

stormie
07-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Yes, less violent. It may be better than it was, but hockey still has a ways to go. And I'm not talking about incidental injuries during scrambles for the puck; more like purposeful hitting, tripping, slashing, high-sticking-to-the-head type of contact. Playoff hockey is close to what it should be, because everyone is much more interested in winning the game than elbowing someone's face. It also makes for a much more interesting and fun game to watch. :)

mabudonicus
07-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Glad you cleared that up, sorry if my last post was too harsh. It was written in a "awww,c'mon!!" way, I really do love hockey (and I like Don Cherry, which is I guess who my "hockey persona" is mostly drawn from) and I would rather see players fight than see em run each other into the boards at the crazy speeds that the game features these days, so I am in disagreement (personally) more with the policies of the NHL. With big money on the line, it seems that "respect" amongst the players has been somewhat "re-defined", and IMO kicking a guy out for a season (or worse!) for fighting a few times is a bit harsh, when you can just lay a "clean" hit on him and end his playing days, and not even draw a penalty for it!!
Just wanted to make it clear, I've no argument with you, Stormie.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough earlier about that. WOOOOOOOO!!!

stormie
07-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Wasn't harsh at all, mabudon. (hope you didn't think my response was harsh?) I think we actually agree, but just have different ways of writing it down. ;) Yes, NHL policies are schizophrenic at best. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sideswipe1984
[B]NFL

[QUOTE]
Go SU. being from th Syracuse are I have to say you gotta love the Orangemen, The Cuse is in the house.

Why do so many of you dislike or hate the Yankees? They're awesome, I mean come on Jeter with the toss, whats not to like.

If you've heard the quote from the owner of the Cleveland Indians this week (his name escapes me), I think it summarizes the frustration of many fans of MLB in regards to the Yankees. Basically the effect of his quote chastized Yankees' owner Steinbrenner for constantly going after all the big priced players, spending all of his revenue on these players (Giambi, Mondesi just to name a few) while other teams are trying hard to compete but just don't have the financial clout of the Yankees. I think someone pointed out the Yankees get twice as much revenue from radio then the Milwaukee Brewers get from their TV contract.

One thing I do admire about Steinbrenner is winning is the bottom line for his team and not showing a profit. However, is spending is rather ridiculous when you compare it to other teams. He has by far ahead of the next most team. Selig and MLB needs to get it's financial situation in order as too many teams are losing money and it seems droves of fans have been turned off by the disparity of the league and more might follow.

QLD
07-18-2002, 11:51 PM
Yeah, that, and they are from New York! :D

Big Chewie
07-19-2002, 02:20 AM
NFL:
Favorite team: Cowboys then anyone who beats the Redskins

Hate: Redskins,49ers,Redskins,Arizona, & the Redskins

NHL:
Favorite team: Dallas Stars then Colorado Avs (yes I know they are Dallas rivals, but they are good and I used to work for the company that owns them)

Hate: Detroit yellow legs, Phoenix doggies,San Jose guppies,and Edmonton greasers

MLB
Favorite team: Tx Rangers allthough they never seem to be able to beat those darn Yankees when it counts) then Baltimore O's

Hate:NY Spankees, & the Arizona lizzards

NBA:
Favorite team: Mavericks ( How can you not love what Mark Cuban has done to this team? You may not like him personally but he turned this team around. I love watching for what he'll do next and I love my free chalupas!)
Hate: Utah Jazz They just su ck

College: I'm an Aggie TX A&M Gig'em

All in all I like just about any team from TEXAS and
hate any teams from NY & Arizona, Except maybe Buffalo NY, every time a TEXAS team plays them its money in my pocket!