PDA

View Full Version : Is Yoda a hard figure to find or what?

jad
06-14-2002, 01:37 AM
I can't believe how many times this figure has ended up slipping through my fingers. On two separate occasions i've found it and didn't have any form of cash on me, and came back later only to find it gone. :(

Anyway this seems to be an extremely hard figure to find. I've been checking Walmart repetedely for it, and this week they did get a new shipment of the latest wave in, but unfortunately no Yoda's in it.

Anyone know if this is gonna be shipped in a more appropriate amount in future cases? Any suggestions or help will be most appreciated, thanks :)

Jaina Solo
06-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Yeah, it's hard to find right now. I've only ever seen one in a store, in Target a few weeks ago. A kid was holding onto it for dear life. I gave up looking and bought my Yoda from KBtoys.com (this is before they were out of stock)

I'd give it a while, keep looking, and have patiance. It will turn up.

Otherwise, I think the lunatics on Ebay might have lowered their prices a little when they realized no one wants to pay $10-15 for Yoda. Might be worth a look, although personally I think it's more fun to find it in the store.

Hmm...here's a thought, too. If you find one again, take it to the counter and ask the employee if they can hold it for you. Some stores won't- I don't think Target will hold "collectable merchandice" but some stores will. Then you can come back and get it.

yukface27
06-14-2002, 01:53 AM
I think it was about a week or two after 4/23, when me and some friends were cruising through KB. I laid my eyes on their SW pegs and there was at least twelve Yodas stairing back at me. I was broke at the current moment, so I begged my friend to front me the cash. I kept saying, "Dude this fig is gonna be gone SO fast! Please just give me eight bucks, I'll pay ya' back!" Well, to end this story, Yoda is now flaunting his saber next to my Mr. Orange fig and he's never looked happier. Happy hunting!

yukface27
06-14-2002, 01:54 AM
PS

I haven't seen one in any store since.

MasterYoda
06-14-2002, 02:05 AM
On 4/23 when everything hit the stores I went to look for figures walked out with everything except Yoda couldn't find it. Looked for weeks and still couldn't find one. Then I look around and found out why I could not found one. Apparently they made a big mistake at the factory and had one heck of a variation from the others. Yoda was missing TM behind its lightsaber. I finally found one and of course it was not this variation. So I am guessing you might have to wait until the next wave of Yoda's hit the store, but don't quit looking for him.

QLD
06-14-2002, 02:10 AM
I have run across many in my searches for other figures.

Forhekset
06-14-2002, 09:10 AM
He's not warming the pegs, for sure, but I've seen him quite a bit on toy runs. You just have to hit the stores at the right time. I think he's easier to find right now than say, Bespin Luke or Vader (at least in my area).

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:13 AM
I saw a bunch of Yodas in San Diego last week. It was at KB Toys. It seems like every one of the KB's is getting stuff in later than the other retailers, so you might want to look there.

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 09:20 AM
His availability is nowhere near as sparce as Dooku, but he still takes some work to locate. For the weeks prior to the film, but after 4/23 he was much easier to locate.

lunchymeatball
06-14-2002, 09:21 AM
Using the force I predicted Yodas being hard to find and made him my first purchase.

Not really, I just had to have his sabre so I bought him first:D
over here in england he is everywhere.

Jedi Drew
06-14-2002, 10:01 AM
I have only seen Yoda at retail three times since the release of the figures on 4/23. I was at a TRU and a mother and her two sons were looking for him. It seems that the younger kids really want him. HH

Rogue II
06-14-2002, 10:03 AM
I've seen way more Dookus than Yodas. In fact, I've only seen Yoda twice. I bought him the 1st time. I saw him a 2nd time, but he wasn't there very long, there were 3 Dookus next to him, a month later, one Dooku is still there.

RAVAZ
06-14-2002, 10:52 AM
I seen a bunch of Yodas and Dooku's at a TRU. I'm going this weekend, I'll let ya'll know if he's still there in abundance.

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:37 AM
I know I passed on a dozen yodas thinking I'd be able to get him anytime. I think it's ironic that the kids have made yoda so rare 'cause they all want him, after all the adults/scalpers made dooku so rare. Guess the little ones still do have some control over the market!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Everyone here seems to always be looking for him......

Jaina Solo
06-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Difficult to find is the little green guy, yes.

Darth Sidious
06-14-2002, 02:50 PM
I have never seen a Yoda...Hopefully I do soon...

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 05:09 PM
It seems that kids only want the main Jedi characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace and especially Yoda. I've seen many kids happily running out of the aisle with a Yoda figure in their hands. In fact, he gets cleaned out faster than Dooku or Anakin HD.

I sense a huge wave of Yoda merchandise in the stores soon once Hasbro catches on that Yoda is the hot one among kids. Plus, if he gets a bad-a** lightsaber duel in Ep3 as well, that popularity will skyrocket.

saladin
06-14-2002, 07:49 PM
On 4/23 i couldn't find much at tru but later i went to WM and found a bunch since i saw three at my TRU about 2 weeks ago and 1 tuesday but now there gone.

ConvergeDW
06-14-2002, 10:16 PM
out of about 10 CVS pharmacys I went to, I have seen Yoda in about 8 of them so there might be a place to look.

cptpinkerton
06-14-2002, 10:22 PM
I've seen a few yoda's. I myself have purchased two of them, both at different times, and since have given one of them to my 9 year old sister for her birthday, along with Dooku, Anakin Hangar Duel, Luminara and a couple others. Before her birthday she was talking about how she wouldnt open them, and so I trekked out with Jeff (my proverbial collecting pal) and found the variations of each figure and then I gave her (Grace) the rare ones to start her collection.
She's since been occupied with Gameboy Advance.
Cheap.
Luke

Paul-Kenobi
06-15-2002, 02:55 AM
you know i've seen Yoda two times and i didnt want him now that i want him i can't find him and i'm kicking my self for not buying him!!!!