PDA

View Full Version : Endor Han only 1 per case???

Orn Free Taa
06-14-2002, 09:18 AM
I went looking last night in the north Houston area just to see what was floating around. And all of the Wal Marts in north Houston had between 6-10 cases of Wave 4, Collection 1 figures (Bespin wave) sitting on pallettes. Some stores might not put the out because their pegs are still full. They had 2-3 cases each of the Ratio 5 cases (the originals were marked Ratio 3), and there was only one Endor Han per case. They had yet another Clone Trooper (same one) packed with him. :rolleyes: The rest were more Bespin Wave figures (Luke, Vader, Jango FB, Mace Windu, blah, blah). I got my one case fresh Han and handed a couple away, so it's not likely these will last long. But on a positive note, if anyone is missing Bespin wave figures, they're all over the place up here now. :)

Oh, and there were Dookus and Yodas a-plenty at the Tomball (249) location.

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:24 AM
That's the way it works. The next assortment that comes out will have more Hans and Chewies. Notice the previously shortpacked Bespin figures were in abundance in that box. No reason to panic.

Orn Free Taa
06-14-2002, 09:37 AM
Out of 10 cases which I actually helped the clerk put on the pegs :happy: there were no Chewies and only 3 Hans. Oh, well. I'll keep looking.

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:41 AM
"helped" that's a nice word... what you meant is that you "helped" yourself to the figures first! :happy: Funny!

Orn Free Taa
06-14-2002, 09:47 AM
LOL! No, seriously, I already had all of the Bespin wave, so the only figure I left with was Han. Had there been any bloody Lukes, I might have grabbed one or two for trade (there were bunches of him, over 15), but they were all the fleshy peg and silver hand peg versions. :)

jedi_uk73
06-14-2002, 11:25 AM
What is it in the US with case assortments ?? The UK get 12 of the same figure per box. No problems availability wise over here.

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Found a lonely Han today at Wal-Mart, what was cool was it was the white droid caller version and I wasn't even looking for the variants of the Han, just the Han. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-14-2002, 03:43 PM
Is anyone sure about the case assortment for this wave? My wife found a Han with no chewies or OB1s. If it were one-per-case, then why was only one left in this case. More than likely it's multiples of Han and a single or deuce of Chewie.

Dar' Argol
06-14-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Is anyone sure about the case assortment for this wave? My wife found a Han with no chewies or OB1s. If it were one-per-case, then why was only one left in this case. More than likely it's multiples of Han and a single or deuce of Chewie.

Why yes, I am sure:D. I just updated
Case Assortments (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8703)
So check there:D

Darth Narcis
06-14-2002, 11:48 PM
i was on vacation last week, in TN, and i found 2 hans, 1 i got, since the other way badly mangled. i saw literally 40-50 lukes, vaders, etc., but only 2 hans...

Sidiously Darth
06-15-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Why yes, I am sure:D. I just updated
Case Assortments (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8703)
So check there:D

What's up with that? Where's the assortment that includes Han, Chewie & "Fly Boy" Obi? Those have been found. Dar's not playing with a full deck here.:p

Aeros Kahn
06-15-2002, 01:52 AM
just got back from midnight shopping at walmart

they were stocking the shelves right when i got there
and the guy was nice enough to let me go thru them
he also let some other kid go
and i think the kid was a scalper cuz he was snatching up alot
he got the 4 massifs that the stocker put out
and 3 lukes and 3 vaders

since i got there before him
i got the only han figure
and yah there were no ob1s or chewies in the bunch
but i got qui-gon and orn free taa as well

the only thing i didnt pick up was the rebel soldier
but there are plenty of him so ill get him someday

i wanna chewie though :(

Darth Nihilus
06-15-2002, 05:08 AM
What' the "White Droid Caller" Han?

cptpinkerton
06-15-2002, 10:38 AM
RE: white droid caller http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=9036

I'm not sure what the deal is with the han shortpacked no chewie/no obi case.
A couple weeks ago I picked up pilot Obi-Wan at KB, but my guy on the inside (some kid I've helped out with htf Saga and 12")said they came on a drop shipment, and weren't part of the regular stretch of shipments via truck.
Last night at walmart though, same story as elsewhere, an absolute ton of Lukes and Vaders, and I found the closed hand vader which was nice, and the only two hans were the white caller nub, and jeff and I picked up one each of those.
Last night ended up being a really good shopping night for figures overall.
Luke

Darth Nihilus
06-15-2002, 12:43 PM
You mean that stupid button that stick out of his waist? Big deal, I got one of them.:)

QLD
06-15-2002, 12:51 PM
You know......if this was going to be an Endor Han, couldn't they have thrown in an Endor coat?

Dar' Argol
06-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

What's up with that? Where's the assortment that includes Han, Chewie & "Fly Boy" Obi? Those have been found. Dar's not playing with a full deck here.:p

I list them when we get them. Unless its a reliable source who gets me the asst #, and case qty. We just got those cases in yesterday:rolleyes:.

Beast
06-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
You know......if this was going to be an Endor Han, couldn't they have thrown in an Endor coat?
Han's Trenchcoat is included in the Return of the Jedi Accessory Set, coming from Target soon. It also includes an AT-ST driver helmet so you can custom a Han: AT-ST Driver disguise. I agree though, it should have been included with the figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Yeah, as happy as I am for the accessory sets, I shouldn't have to buy one to make my Endor Han complete.

Darth Annexis
06-15-2002, 03:25 PM
He's not a very good figure anyway..."Spring Loaded Han"
Damn gimmicks are stupid...to Hasbro "If you practiced your sculping & paint techniques like you practice your gimmicks, you would rival even Mc Farlane toys"

Beast
06-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Ugh, don't even mention McFarlane Toys and Hasbro in the same breath. I have never seen so many horrible figures in my life. Arms snap off at the lightest touch, heads as well. Compared to McFarlane, Hasbro is doing a much better job on their figures. Not only in quality, but availability, detail, and painting, IMHO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 04:12 PM
So which Han is the rare one? White or grey droid caller?

Beast
06-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Appears that white is the mistake version, and grey is the corrected version. I doubt that either will turn out to be that rare in the long run. But the white version is the one that is a mistake. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-15-2002, 05:32 PM
The white will probably turn out to be the "rarest" of the two after the grey has shipped in more amounts but it's really no big deal, doesn't make any real significant change to the looks of the figure.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Ugh, don't even mention McFarlane Toys and Hasbro in the same breath. I have never seen so many horrible figures in my life. Arms snap off at the lightest touch, heads as well. Compared to McFarlane, Hasbro is doing a much better job on their figures. Not only in quality, but availability, detail, and painting, IMHO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar...I agree with you about McFarlane...

I was mearly going for dramatics...Hasbro has a good fig once in a while...but honestly they must be smoking crack or something...

Forhekset
06-16-2002, 02:04 PM
Endor Raid Han is a "passable" figure....the sculpt is pretty cool, but he's locked into one really goofy pose, and I hate the figures with the dumb "quick draw McGraw" gimmick. And, without a gun in his right hand Han appears to making a rude gesture, as one of my co-workers pointed out.... Plus his crooked neck sucks, he can't even face forward without looking ridiculous. Though he would anyway because of his pose. Mine has the white droid caller variation, by the way.

So, don't worry about finding this figure. Be patient, he'll be warming the pegs soon enough. At Target today there were Bespin Vaders and Lukes as far as the eye could see almost; 2 weeks ago those two figures were hideously difficult to find in my area.

Darth Narcis
06-17-2002, 12:34 AM
I like the han figure for what it is. hasbro should make no more gimmiack figs though, and let us decide how they will look...

Darth Narcis
06-17-2002, 12:36 AM
by the way , where ishtis white/grey difference, i dont see it...

Dar' Argol
06-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Darth Narcis
by the way , where ishtis white/grey difference, i dont see it...

Its on the button on his left side. The one you press for his "quick draw McGraw" action. It was originally white, and then they changed it to grey. Although I have not see the grey version yet. Kinda like the "shaved" Endor Rebel???

Beast
06-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Kinda like the "shaved" Endor Rebel???
You mean the non Tom Green version? :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
06-17-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

You mean the non Tom Green version? :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah I mean the Non-Tom Green Version.

Man, and I thought I was beating the dead horse:rolleyes: :D.

BTW, any luck on thinking of who I could customize into a Jonny Knocksville fig???:D

Beast
06-17-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah I mean the Non-Tom Green Version.
Man, and I thought I was beating the dead horse:rolleyes: :D.
BTW, any luck on thinking of who I could customize into a Jonny Knocksville fig???:D
No, this is beating a dead horse: I want a new SSG chatroom. :D

No clue on the Jonny Knocksville. I never saw a figure that looks like him, thank gods. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks