PDA

View Full Version : What do the lightsabers mean?

DeadEye
06-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Upon entering these forums, there's the list of places to go: Video Games, Reviews, General Discussion, Episode III (Spoilers), etc., but sometimes next to one of these is a red lightsaber igniting...what does that mean?

InsaneJediGirl
06-14-2002, 09:42 AM
It means there is a new post.See the bottom of the page,and it explains the lightsabers :D

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 09:46 AM
You need to ask your big brother about these things... :D

Don't go making yourself look all a fool on these forums. We have our family name to uphold! :D

Miss Insanity is correct, though. The symbol codes are at the bottom of the main forum screen.

DeadEye
06-14-2002, 09:50 AM
That's what I always thought...but I always look for something explaining it...and it said nothing. Besides, I've gone to forums when there were new posts and the saber was merely a hilt!

Sorry for making a moron of myself...I'm really just as cool as my big brother JEDIpartnr! Honest! :crazed:

JEDIpartner
06-14-2002, 10:03 AM
yeah... honest! :rolleyes:

QLD
06-14-2002, 03:54 PM
It means "business".

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
That's what I always thought...but I always look for something explaining it...and it said nothing. Besides, I've gone to forums when there were new posts and the saber was merely a hilt!

Either you just saw it when the blade "de-ignited" and didn't see it re-ignite, or someone made a post after you had loaded the page so it didn't have the info to display it when you loaded it.

DeadEye
06-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Ok. Makes sense. Thanks.

(Here's hoping people won't think I'm some moron!)

187-Maul
06-15-2002, 07:13 AM
Suuuuure your no moron deadeye, I believe you
no really, I do:D

j/k Deadeye, dumb things can happen to anybody from time to time

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Basker, I designed the current set of lightsaber icons so that the "on" version (an animated gif), when stopped, would appear in its original or final state - both the beginning and end should be the "full-blade" position. However, I have noticed that while the page is loading, the gif's animation seems to slow down, which gives the appearance of being the "off" version -- such is the wacky nature of animated gifs and web browsers.

scruffziller
06-17-2002, 04:49 PM
It indiactes the weilder is a SITH!!!!!!! Sorry I could not resist.

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 06:52 PM
They were originally blue, then green, but neither of those colors stood out on the current main forum page, so there was only one real choice. ;)

Beast
06-17-2002, 07:08 PM
I miss the X-mas version. I liked the lil lightsaber candy canes. Those were cool. Will they be making a return apperance this December, JediTricks? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-18-2002, 02:45 PM
That is up to SirSteve, but I sure hope so, I had a great time making that one! (of course, I had a great time making it 3 different times because the first 2 weren't quite what I had in mind ;))

Beast
06-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
That is up to SirSteve, but I sure hope so, I had a great time making that one! (of course, I had a great time making it 3 different times because the first 2 weren't quite what I had in mind ;))
Cool, good job JT. Infact, I was using it well past Christmas, it looked so much nicer. Until Sir Steve finally pulled the alternate look. I hope it does return. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 02:24 PM
And here I thought this thread was going to be about the psychological meaning of lightsabers and their almost phallic appearance in the movies.:eek:

My mistake.:o;):D