PDA

View Full Version : R4-M9 Questions

Darkross
06-14-2002, 11:44 AM
Ok...how many of these guys do people have?

I have 4...2 carded and 2 loose. Again I bought him in the US since he never came to Canada...so when I saw him I picked him up. I thought that he would be more rare than most others in the POTJ line...but the clean Scout Trooper is by far the rarest!

sideswipe1984
06-14-2002, 11:46 AM
I have 1 loose and 1 carded. I don't believe that I have seen him at retail - ever. I purchased mine online.

lunchymeatball
06-14-2002, 11:47 AM
Just the one, loose.

Darkross
06-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by sideswipe1984
I have 1 loose and 1 carded. I don't believe that I have seen him at retail - ever. I purchased mine online.

Lucky for me...I found him retail at the same store about one month apart. I bought two of them back in late March and bought another two late April.

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:59 AM
I got 1 to open and 1 to display through a trade with Banthapoodoo. For some reason his area was crawling with the BoShek wave.

Rogue II
06-14-2002, 02:02 PM
I never saw the BoShek wave it in the retail stores either. I had to buy mine online. I opened it.

I never saw the the clean biker scout. I managed to get 1 dirty scout.

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 02:33 PM
The local Wal-Mart when they got the wave I think they only got one single case of them which I was able to nab half of. (2 of each of the 3 figs) so I have 1 R4 loose and 1 carded.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-14-2002, 04:29 PM
I have two of them carded. I've only seen the wave at KMart, which is really odd.

fourtwo
06-14-2002, 05:17 PM
i have zero, zilch, nada.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-14-2002, 11:52 PM
I saw him and the rest of the BoShek wave at Wally-Mart back on my birthday in March. Funny story and how I acquired him.

I drove 35 miles to where my dad works (he manages a tire store) because I had some car problems. I had some time to kill so I went online while waiting for my car to be fixed. I checked my E-mail and my collector friend had just sent me an E-mail saying he spotted the BoShek wave in the same city I was in. The thing was that I was broke and I did not yet own a credit card. So I just told my dad that he could get me one last gift. He gave me 20 bucks and I was off to Wally-Mart for a surprise gift. I don't believe I would have ever saw that wave anywhere else (and I didn't). The funny part was that I only go to his place of business 3 or 4 times a year so I was lucky.

BTW I have one carded R4

Croaker
06-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Got mine online as well.

QLD
06-15-2002, 02:02 PM
I have 1 open R4. But there are tons down the road from me. That wave is everywhere now. Though R4 ususally gets snagged up quickly.

I also have 2 clean biker scouts and 1 dirty. All open of course.

Old Fossil
06-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Got two loose. Bought 1 online from Yestertoys and 1 from Toys-R-Us.

He's a nice figure, a nice change from all the black Imperial droids.
All this talk makes me want to buy another...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Yes, Toys R Us might be getting this wave in now, or just got this wave recently. They are notorious for getting in the waves a month or two after most retail stores get it. I know the Zutton wave has been hanging around the store for awhile and it only seems logical that the Bo Shek wave is next. Problem is that this wave will be snatched up quick cuz of the low production numbers. And who knows, they might put them on clearance? Good luck finding them.

BoShek
06-16-2002, 12:06 AM
Lowly Bantha Cleaner, my TRU in Wilkes-Barre PA had a lot of Zutton warming the pegs. Maybe the hard to find BoShek wave is next for me too! I sure hope so because I never found Teebo nor R4-M9.

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 01:41 AM
I don't think there are really low production numbers on the BoShek wave, just they haven't been distributed very well.

Jayspawn
06-17-2002, 12:02 AM
I have one loose. He's too cool to keep in the package. I thought about picking up an extra though. I've seen him at retail a few times.

DarthBrandon
06-17-2002, 12:07 AM
I've got one loose along with Bo Shek and Teebo, got them in a trade with one of the members on these forums. Sadly they didn't come to Canada so that's why I traded for them.

WesleySr
06-19-2002, 02:57 AM
I have just one, loose.

Big Chewie
06-19-2002, 03:24 PM
I just started collecting recently and came across Bo Shek, Teebo, & R4- M9 but did not buy them. They were $8.99 each. Is that to high of a price or are these worth it.I like to open mine but if they are no fun to play with I might keep them carded.

Darkross
06-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Big Chewie
I just started collecting recently and came across Bo Shek, Teebo, & R4- M9 but did not buy them. They were $8.99 each. Is that to high of a price or are these worth it.I like to open mine but if they are no fun to play with I might keep them carded.

I only bought R4M9...I plan on creating a couple of dioramas with him...so I bought 4 of them. I currently have 2 open and 2 carded (but not for long). I'm not interested in the others...since I don't plan on doing a cantina diorama or anything like that.

Tycho
06-19-2002, 05:42 PM
I have 4, all opened. I recommend you sniff the Mouse Droid! :D

This is very important to me.

It's a different smell than the one that comes with the Death Star Droid.

But I use 2 R4M9s as part of the population in my vintage Death Star Playsets,

1 on my custom blockade runner

and

1 in my scene from Heir to the Empire, when Luke and Mara are disguised as TIE Fighter Pilots in order to rescue Talon Karrde.

This scene noticeably lacks a Talon Karrde figure :(

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Ahh yes, you DO need to sniff that mouse droid!!
Hey Tycho, is the sniffers club still going strong? I know you are the leader, so could you give us all an update??

Tycho
06-19-2002, 08:18 PM
The Sniffers' Club is on hiatus unless another member has something new or funny to post with what they did or found to be a strong smelling action figure.

Meanwhile, I am busy concentrating on helping Darth Mouse and his band, Mousy and the Sniffers in the action figures band competitions which you'll find in the Misc/General section of the forums.

So basically, a lot of people sniffing their action figures are welcome to join us on the rode as we try to steal the Plastic Grammy awards from that CloneTrooper band Stanse and the plastic boy band Back'Sync, plus the punkers Plastic Meltdown as well as some others that have entered the competiton.

I'd describe Mousy and the Sniffers as hard rock, with variety to them pulling some classic numbers similar to Fleetwood Mac because in addition to Darth Mouse taking lead vocals, Luminara Sniff-me Undulli sometimes takes lead vocals along with playing lead guitar. We're one of the only bands to have women represented amongst our talent, too. Our Bantha-lady, Olfac Tory is also a girl under all that fur. She contends that sniffing mouse droids is more pleasant when you let your nose hair grow to that length. She sings Bantha Vocals for the band. Soon, I'm going to post interviews with all the band members. We were waiting to see who'd turn out to be our breakout pop star. It looks like it could be Snort, our Gamorrean-Italian accordian player who throws the polka-solos into our hard rock to give Mousy and the Sniffers a sensation unlike anything you've ever stuck your nose up to before.

Please check out our band poster announcing our "Fresh Scent Tour" in that Forum.

Remember kids, R4M9 is special because right now, only he ships with THE MOUSE!:crazed:

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Ah yes. Thanks for the update. I am going to go get my mouse droid and start sniffing now.

AdmiralPiett
06-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey Tycho,
You say you've got a custom blockade runner?
That's my favorite ship but it's never made it out of prototype form. Could you post some pics?

Tycho
06-21-2002, 11:52 PM
Here's a link to where they're posted in SSG's old collectors' collections displayed pages (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&search_and_display_db_button=yes)

Note: My hotmail account is no longer current though. So pm or e-mail me from my posts and forums registry here please.

Hope you enjoy. Let me know.

thespar
06-27-2002, 05:50 PM
I have only of the little he was the last one i need to get all of the POTJ basic

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 01:34 AM
I've got 2 (Both carded). It is the Warning sticker/printed variation.

robman71
07-20-2002, 02:41 PM
I found a ton of these last night and managed to pick up 2, One carded and one loose, all were the waring sticker version.

Darth Sidious
07-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Wow! That is a very impressive blocade runner Tycho, I like. And it is large too, now all you need is a Star Destroyer. :D

Tycho
07-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Thanks! I want to make a Star Destroyer. I don't have the room or money right now. It will NOT be in scale to the blockade runner, but rather maybe just a few feet longer and a little bit higher (on the tower). I drew up the plans, though not in the detail you could build it from. I just haven't done more than that now, due to the other constraints.