PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Pilots!

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 01:36 PM
I think Hasbro was onto something with the Rebel Pilots 3-Pack that came out in 1998. I would like to see more different and generic pilots made. And to help increase the value and fill that giant saga bubble, I think each one should come with his own unique Astromech Droid. Removable helmets are also a must.

Here is what I was thinking of:
X-Wing Pilot - generic no name guy, they can even do the 50/50 face sculpt like they are doing now with the Endor Rebel Trooper.
Y-Wing Pilot - grey flight suits we saw in ROTJ, 50/50 face sculpt
B-Wing Pilot - human version, red flight suit, 50/50 face sculpt
B-Wing Pilot - Sullustan version with the correct color red flight suit
A-Wing Pilot - 50/50 face sculpt

Snowspeeder Pilots (all with removable helmets):
Zev Senesca (Rogue 2)
Hobbie
Wedge
Luke (with blaster and lightsaber to recreate his landing on Dagobah)
Generic Pilot 50/50 face sculpt

Things not to do:
action poses - these are pilots we're talking about here
gimmicks - we've covered why these suck many times over
"beefed-up" bodies - hasn't been a problem recently but with Hasbro you never know, this trend ruined what could have been some cool figures like the A-Wing Pilot, TIE Pilot and original Luke in Snowspeeder gear from the POTF2 line.

And while this thread concentrates on Rebel Pilots I would also add that we need a newly sculpted TIE Pilot without the heroic proportions and a more accurate looking flight suit.

icatch9
06-14-2002, 02:00 PM
I am down with that. Pilots are my thing. Like other have Stormtroopers, I have reble pilots. I imagine myself more of an X Wing pilot more than a Jedi or a Stormtrooper.

Anyway, you'be got my vote,and the more faces/heads the better. Oh, the removable helmet is a must!

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 02:23 PM
For the Rebel Helmets, PLEASE do the correct visors like on the Luke X-wing helmet. The X-wing helmet visors were edgy on their angles.

Rogue II
06-14-2002, 02:28 PM
That's a pretty good idea. Maybe Hasbro could make those pilots and include the generic astromech droid with them as the accessory (besides the helmet). I'd like it even if it cost a little more than a basic figure.

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
I am down with that. Pilots are my thing. Like other have Stormtroopers, I have reble pilots. I imagine myself more of an X Wing pilot more than a Jedi or a Stormtrooper.

Anyway, you'be got my vote,and the more faces/heads the better. Oh, the removable helmet is a must!

I'm the same way. I never wanted to be a Jedi as a kid since :eek: they aren't real. Aspiring to be a mindless drone was never that appealing either; so Stormtroopers were out of the question. A pilot is something that is entirely possible in our world, which was why it was so appealing to me as a kid.

I was thinking that since the Astromech droid mold has already been made, then churning out several different ones wouldn't be too hard and wouldn't cost Hasbro all that much. It would also kill two birds with one stone and please the droid-lover crowd too.

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 03:24 PM
What I'd like to see the pilots come with mostly would be the yellow ladders that went to the cockpits. If they made an astromech series they could come with the ladders that the techs used to get up to the droid socket to help lower the droid in.

Eternal Padawan
06-15-2002, 04:04 AM
And make all future rebel pilots with articulated knees, so they can sit in little folding chairs in front of an Atari readout screen while General Dodonna tells them the exhaust port right below the main port is only two meters wide and it's ray shielded, so they'll have to use proton torpedos.

Oh. And I'm also counting on you, Hasbro, to make the little chairs, the Atari readout, and General Dodonna.

Thanks.

bigbarada
06-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Yes, knees like the new Bespin Luke and Red Cloney would be perfect.:cool:

Jargo
06-15-2002, 12:30 PM
I think all figures should have knees. And ankles. And elbows and forward-back motion on the neck. And wrists. And bicep articulation. And removable helmets and hats working holsters and all the accessories they used in the movie.

But i don't work for hasbro so we get poopy figures. If I did work there I'd get this thing sorted right off the bat :D

Eternal Padawan
06-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Hasbro should take a look at Toybiz's new Marvel line with over 30 points of articulation in each figure. I realize 30 might be hard to do with smaller figures, but surely there can be a happy medium where Hasbro let's US decide which "action" pose to put our figures in...

How 'bout it Hasbro?

QLD
06-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah, HOW BOUT IT!

:D

abell748
06-15-2002, 07:41 PM
they put out the reble tech fig with that little pilot transport they ride on in new hope.

Eternal Padawan
06-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by abell748
they put out the reble tech fig with that little pilot transport they ride on in new hope.

THEY DID?!?! And I missed it? I can't believe it! All this time I've been clamoring for Yavin Tech with Rebel Hangar Transport and Hasbro slipped it right past everybody without even a whiff of it coming to SirStevesGuide. That's amazing. Is it an exclusive somewhere? How much is it going for? I'm gonna get me a few of those. Rebel Techs! Wow. I had no idea...I'm heading out right now to look for them!! Wish me luck, everybody!!!

Huh?

What?

Oh. He did, huh.

Didn't proofread. O.K.

I see. They should put out...

Hmm. Well thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing.

:mad:

Jargo
06-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Hehehehehehehehehehe. :D duh, yousa funny guy, guy. :crazed:

I'm working on a listing for all the figures I'd have done if I was in charge. With articulation and the accessories. The way these things should be arriving in stores. I just find it so hard to believe that Hasbro puts so much time and effort into releasing crud like the cancelled episode one Qui-Gon when they could have spent the money on more accessories or more articulation for other figures. Who's in charge at hasbro these days? Who makes these crap decisions that we have to endure? Who is it and why the hell do they still have a job? Time they went i think.

Eternal Padawan
06-17-2002, 01:18 AM
I challenge the guy in charge of the Star Wars line to a one on one discussion in a chatroom somewhere. Just him and me, discussing some of the more dubious choices being made in this line.

Oho...I don't hear your response, Hasbroman...

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF, LITTLE MAN?!?! :mad: :evil:

I'll be hear waiting for your reply...IF you ARE listening...

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm all for new pilots, especially a new A-Wing Pilot. One of the POTF2 atrocities that still needs to be corrected (three guess on what my favorite starfighter is :) ). Only this time give him a flight suit in the correct shade of green, the white straps and hoses hanging down from his waist and a working holster with a blaster. We don't always want the figures to just sit in the ships, we sometimes like to take them out from time to time and have little adventures. Otherwise why not just make all the figures built-in like the Power FX X-Wing Luke? (Don't take me seriously on that Hasbro, I'm saying that we DO NOT like having built in figures)

The ball is in your court now Hasbro, we've been assured that you read these forums and we're telling you what we want. So now it's time to put up or shut up.:mad:

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 06:05 PM
ahem......bump......

I've decided to make this, along with the TIE Pilot thread my quest. Just like Jargo has his Yarna quest and stillakid his bucket o' stormtroopers quest.:) So Hasbro, I'm not going to leave you alone until you at least give us a grey Y-Wing Pilot, a new more-accurate A-Wing Pilot, and a human red-suited B-Wing Pilot. Along with everything else I asked for; but do those three first.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I've decided to use my 5000th post to bump this back up to the top.

So let's see what has been accomplished in the world of Rebel Pilots since I first wrote this thread:

Cool:
Dutch Vander

Uncool:
pack-in pilot for the Green A-Wing
Red Leader

I still think we need an accurate A-Wing Pilot, since Hasbro seems to think that they wore the Y-Wing Pilot helmets. Most likely due to the shoddy "research" and information handed out in the Star Wars Chronicles book.

Just look at these reference photos from the actual film, Hasbro, does that look anything like the helmet you have included with the last A-Wing Pilot? I didn't think so either.

Oh yeah, and we still need a grey Y-Wing Pilot also.