PDA

View Full Version : If you were given the chance...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-14-2002, 09:48 PM
If you were given the chance of having a free case full of 1 particular Saga toy, which would you pick?

Beast
06-14-2002, 09:51 PM
That's easy, Jorg Sacul's. So I could keep one, and share the rest of the case with the people here that weren't able to get one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-14-2002, 10:34 PM
Such a noble Gungan. :)

I'd probably do the same, since there're more than 11 hungry mouths to feed here....

figrin bran
06-14-2002, 10:38 PM
if everyone else is going to pick Jorg Sacul, i will pick either Han or Chewie and share with all of you guys.

QLD
06-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Do they HAVE to be Saga figures?

How about a case full of Zuckuss! :)

InsaneJediGirl
06-14-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Do they HAVE to be Saga figures?

How about a case full of Zuckuss! :)

Yeah..I'd get a case of Aunt Berus!:D

But to answer your question,I'd like to have a case of Jorgs.

Sidiously Darth
06-15-2002, 01:56 AM
I'd pick the Sacul figure, too. But there would be a strict verification procedures. If you have one, you don't get another. If you're going to sell it, you don't get one. If you lie about not having one, that's okay b/c you're not getting one. I think candidates homes/businesses would be checked. Their location at the time of C2 and polygraph tests.:crazed:

2-1B
06-15-2002, 02:15 AM
Padme Arena or Ani Outland Peasant Disguise.
Whichever one is more HTF at the time.

Beast
06-15-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Padme Arena or Ani Outland Peasant Disguise.
Whichever one is more HTF at the time.
You scare me sometimes, Caesar. Want a case of Malakili's, too? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
06-15-2002, 02:42 AM
Obviously Sacul is #1 but #2 for me would be a case of the Bloody Stump Luke. It's a legitimate variant and will be sought after for some time IMO.:greedy:

aharry
06-15-2002, 03:43 AM
6 x Jorg Sacul
6 x Toy fair Darth Vader
or
6 x Darktrooper
6 x Spacetrooper
or
6 x Freeze Frame Boba Fett
6 x Freeze Frame Weequay

Jargo
06-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Jabba with glob and frogs. I know it's not a saga toy but rather an episode one toy. But i think if you want a collectible that's going to be worth money you should go for the oddities rather than just some figure that got painted wrong. You don't get more odd than Jabba with glob and frogs. I forsee this item being worth rather a lot in future years. Ask any collectibles expert and they'll say the same, it's the novelty value that adds to the monetary value. Not necessarily the shortage in the production run.

If I had to pick a real saga figure or toy I'd go for Ephant Mon. Just something about that figure that calls out to me. :)

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 10:28 AM
I don't care which variant of Bespin Luke it is-- since I've yet to find a single one, I'll just take what I can get!

Dooku Fett
06-15-2002, 11:09 AM
I would take a case of Bloody Lukes. :)

Lord Tenebrous
06-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally quoted by EMPEROR JARGO

You don't get more odd than Jabba with glob and frogs. I forsee this item being worth rather a lot in future years.

My local Kaybee Liquidator just got a case of these @ $1.99 ea. And you know what they say about a desperate Hutt and his money. :D

Ephant Mon was my second choice, followed closely by the 50/50 of the Geonosian and Tusken w/ Massif - aka the Kennel Club of the Outer Rim. :p

hango fett
06-15-2002, 01:43 PM
i would get a case of either yoda or dooku and share it w/ the people who don't have them yet...i also agree with dooku fett. a case of bloddy lukes! the one we don't have yet.

QLD
06-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Case of Malakilis.......heh, wasn't too long ago I could have made several.

FETT
06-15-2002, 02:15 PM
simple...a case of nothnig but jango fetts....can't find any around here in tornoto unless i pay $40...>_<

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I'd pick the Sacul figure, too. But there would be a strict verification procedures. If you have one, you don't get another. If you're going to sell it, you don't get one. If you lie about not having one, that's okay b/c you're not getting one. I think candidates homes/businesses would be checked. Their location at the time of C2 and polygraph tests.:crazed:

Holy Moses.....Folks we have a new meaning to the nth degree!

Way to go SD...can I help...can we hurt the scalpers that try to lie? Bust some knees...break fingers....blast them into space?

CooLJoE
06-16-2002, 05:07 AM
I'd take a case of Stormtrooper 4-packs or Concept Stormtroopers.

Stormtroopers just flat our rule! Plus with all those stormies it would be the best troop-builder case ever! Imagine how many 4-packs you could fit into a case that they use for saga figures. Probably like 200 or so stormies.

*drool*

Jedikmg
06-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Jabba with glob and frogs. I know it's not a saga toy but rather an episode one toy.

Go to a KB Toy Works the 2 i have been to have about 20. They are practically free.

gibbspaulus
06-16-2002, 09:05 AM
I'm there with the stormtrooper multi-pack idea. All the old potf2 ones look like they're line dancing in dioramas!!!

Failing that then it'd have to be Dooku aplenty as we ain't getting him that often!

Bad Hasbro - go to your room.

Jargo
06-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jedikmg

Go to a KB Toy Works the 2 i have been to have about 20. They are practically free.
I was implying that I feel this item is a future goldmine. I wouldn't want more than the one I have but if you wanted to collect to acrue in the future, you would be better off going for the oddities of the line not the widely released figures. The holographic light up packs that went down like a lead balloon at WAL*MART will be worth a fortune one day. Take a look at other areas of toy collectibles like tin toys or whatever. It's the weird and wacky ideas that get made which are the most coveted by collectors. It's not the rarity that counts but the novelty. Five year from now how many of us won't have a Dooku or Yoda? These are very common items and really not that hard to locate if you put a little effort into looking. Jabba with glob and frogs would probably have been overlooked by most as a stupid item and not worth buying. But that's why it's worth buying becaiuse it is stupid. Things like the bobble heads will be more valuable than the Dooku or Yoda figures. The playschool all in one adventure sets will be more valuable than Dooku or Yoda. The palm talkers will be highly valuable in the future. more so than the action figures.
The only value in action figures is if they are exclusives. The rest are just nothing really. Sure they may have a few moments of the high life on EBAY auctions but ultimately thay are all far too common to be of any real value. :zzz:

Lt Kettch
06-16-2002, 08:37 PM
case of kyle's for me

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Not Saga figures, but:

Case of Darth Vaders with removeable helmet and "white" lightsabers. Why? POTF2 cases have 4 figures more than the current cases plus they could be traded to scalpers for a Sacul and depending on how gullible the scalper is, possibly a Toy Fair Vader to go with it.

or

Case of Vlix figures which would most likely be worth multiple Saculs and Toy Fair Vaders in trade which would make it possible to distribute more than just 12-16 Saculs and/or TF Vaders to the collector community.

That is, if nobody kept the Vlix's or Removeable helmet Vaders. ;)

maul4ever
06-17-2002, 12:04 AM
i'd have to go with a full case of darth sidious holograms from ep1. oh wait i found a full case of them in 1999 and shared them with freinds. funny how they limit figures at the beggining and then send full cases at the end. it wasnt really a full case of them it was 8 cases with 2 in each that i made a case.

aceguide
06-17-2002, 12:08 PM
White Clone Troopers!!

Darth Sidious
06-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Well, if it didn't have to be a Saga figure, Id say Dark Troopers or Space Troopers. But for Saga, Id say Geonosians. I open all mine (Unless I ever get a carded vintage one), and one can never have too many Geonosians... :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2002, 06:12 PM
I'd get a case of Concept stormies, then mail them out one by one to Tycho, Caesar and others who voted for Riekeen and impdig as a consolation prize...or just to rub it in. ;) :crazed:

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-17-2002, 06:36 PM
i would get a case of jango fetts with unpainted visor