PDA

View Full Version : No one on SSG should pay more than retail.....

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:13 PM
This may be a dumb idea, if it is just flame me. It always seems like people in different parts of the U.S. can find different figures. I mean, some people laugh at the thought of someone never having seen a Dooku or Yoda yet, as the shelves of their local toystore are clogged with them. What I propose is a special section on the trading/selling forum where people can purchase figures from other SSG members for retail (5 bucks right now) and only pay shipping. If people did this they would still be well below most figure selling websites. All that would be required is for people to pick up extras of figures they know others on SSG need, and then take 5 minutes to box them up and ship them out. It would help others in the Forums and help take a bite out of scalping!:)

AT-AT Man
06-14-2002, 11:21 PM
hey thats a great idea

Beast
06-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Not a bad idea, either that or in the collecting club area. We just need to make sure that you don't get any of the crooks from the trading forum in there, like Tastetesta and his 5-6 aliases. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
06-14-2002, 11:56 PM
Yes, the deadbeats would be the main hitch. It would have to start with known reliable folks, until feedbacks grew and grew. I'm sure a few people would get shafted, but that happens anyway. Damn the deadbeats, they ruin everything!!!!:mad:

Dar' Argol
06-15-2002, 12:18 AM
If you want I can post a copy of this in the Comments/Suggestions board So SirSteve will see it better. But there has to be more of a responce then 2 ppl. I will let it go a few days and if I see enough ppl respond. I will post a copy:D.

Sidiously Darth
06-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Having references w/ others on the forums would help and post count, too. How many of the pro-scalpers that you see defending the practice around here have a post count over 10, very few, if any. I've used my ebay feedback for a reference but you can't always go off that. Weeding out the bad ones will take a little work.

Hellboy
06-15-2002, 01:26 AM
I usually don't have a problem finding any figures in my area but I wouldn't mind helping out some of the forum members who aren't as fortunate from time to time if a good system was implemented.

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 05:26 AM
IMO, this is pretty much what the "Collectos Clubs" section of the forums is for. Not every club has to meet in person, some can be by mail. Here's the original concept and rules behind our Collectors Clubs forum: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60 (posts 2 and 7 cover the basics and how any toys-for-cash transactions would have to work)

CrossWizard
06-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

DrewDewce
06-15-2002, 10:34 AM
I hadn't thought of using my ebay feedback for verification of being a decent person before. Thanks. I'd be interested.

RAVAZ
06-15-2002, 06:49 PM
That would be a great idea.

fourtwo
06-15-2002, 09:00 PM
some people don't use evil-bay. what about us?

i'd like to see this happen but i see many drawbacks. people are greedy and its seems most want to make a buck so many folks may not even bother. plus no one seems very interested in tri-logo stuff so canadian collectors would have a tough time participating.

as far as the collector club thing, not all of us want to belong to an online collector club, and i've also noticed that only certain areas are represented. so a seperate forum may be better. best of luck with your campaign, i will support the idea.

oh and let me just ad no one should pay extra for toys, they are pieces of plastic meant to be enjoyed by all, not horded and sold off to the highest bidder.

KIDD
06-15-2002, 09:28 PM
ill help anyone that i can if there is any figure anyone needs just let me know

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Hmm, well if you can detail how it's different in clear-enough terms for SirSteve to get a really good understanding of, and post this in the Comments/Suggestions section, it might happen.