PDA

View Full Version : A quick question..........

britcit3
06-15-2002, 06:19 AM
Hi

I snagged a Shaak Ti and Battle Droid from a UK dealer about 3 months before the release of AOTC.

These 2 figures have a cardboard Arena background behind them in the packaging.

However, all figures that I have seen since the release of AOTC don't have these backgrounds.

Are they rare?

Cheers

BC3

jedi_uk73
06-15-2002, 06:28 AM
The first 15 or so figures in the series came with backgrounds. They are not classed as rare because they are still available if you look. The likes of Ebay and collectors stores have pushed the secondary market price up because they think they are rare as always.

You were lucky to get Shakk Ti, it's not released in the UK till July.

But I bet you paid a high price for getting those figures early ???

Wattosjunkyardonline had them for around 15-20 back then. Now they are only worth 5.99.

A local collectors store near me had them for about that price, and people were buying them. OUCH.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 08:38 PM
It's the first 16, I believe (not counting Jorg Sacul), and the rarity seems to be unknown as of yet. Since it was only on the first run, they'll probably end up being rare, but it's possible the first runs went longer than the later runs, so rarity is difficult to tell this soon in, I believe. There are a few other threads in this section about them, try searching just this section for "background".

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Why is Shaak Ti not released in the UK yet?