PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro ships in strange amounts...(MERGED)

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Okay, I went out yesterday and found plenty of deluxe Nexus and Anakins at a wal-mart. However, there, TRU, and Target all had strange figure selection:

-Hordes of Zam Wesells
-No acklays
-No Obi-Wan Pilot, Han, or Chewie
-They DO have lots of Palpatines and Djas Puhrs, which makes no sense because those figures are higher numbers than Obi-Wan, Han, and Chewie
-A bunch of Mace Windus and Final Battle Jangos
-Despite all this, there were still no Bespin Lukes or Vaders!

Jargo
06-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey, it's Hasbro... ;)

To understand the vagaries of the Hasbro distribution system you need to have a degree in quantum contrariness. Hasbro dictates what's in the cases and the poor retailers have to take whatever arrives despite not wanting another half case of the stuff they got sixteen cases of already. You have to pity the retailers who get saddled with so many figures no-one wants. Of course the retailers would love to offer the latest stuff in great quantities but that's not how the system works. For a deeper insight you should read the thread 'so you want to buy direct from hasbro' I think that's the thread title or very close. It goes into how retailers have to set up the account and why they end up with millions of figures no-one wants. Bottom line is that Hasbro as a company sucks. The product lately is very hit and miss and the retailers are struggling to keep an interest. And now there's rumblings of many collectors quitting. Things aren't good. If hasbro would simply allow retailers to pick and choose the product they know they can sell or that they know customers will want things might improve. The mixed cases should definately go though. Solid cases all round would work better and allowing a retailer to order cases of the figures they actually want. But with hasbro not announcing any figures in advance it makes it very hard for retailers to plan ahead. If they could order solid cases of say Aayla Secura now, Hasbro would have a better idea of how many to produce. Rather than Hasbro just blindly producing crappy resculpts and gimmicky figures that no-one really wants when they get released. If retailers had a clearer idea of what's being released further in advance wouldn't it be of benefit to everyone?
But that's too logical. Hasbro has to make it really hard for everyone in a totally asinine way. The problem with hasbro is that the top guys are still living in the dark ages and holding back the progression of the company into the 21st century. There was a report out last year that said hasbro was pulling back on movie tie in toys to concentrate on brand favorites like Mr. Potato head.... hello? Like how many kids are desperate for a frickin potato!!!!!!! If they concentrated on getting the infastructure of the company straight, making sure that their outposts in foreign countries and neighbours like Canada were actually up to speed with the releases they have oot then maybe we'd start getting somewhere. As it is its more like the company is sending the product out by horse drawn stagecoach and the foreign countries don't exist or are too close to the edge of the world for Hasbro to sail near. It's an outdated company that we deal with. Its time they got their act together. Sooner or later somethings going to crack and it won't be us.

As an indication of how wacked the distribution worldwide is, Hasbro is only just shipping Shaak Ti to the UK next month. Hello? Wasn't she released worldwide on April 23rd? And yet I found the Massif and Orn Free Taa before many of you my American friends. It's totally ludicrous and quite intolerable.

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 10:17 AM
You're right...this is ludicrous!

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Yes!!!! At wal-mart today I found:

-Hordes of Endor Hans
-And believe it or not, lots of Lukes and Vaders!!!
-But still no acklay :cry:

So now my question is: The Endor Han wave is out, along with the extra Lukes and Vaders that were said to have shipped with it; so where are Chewie and Pilot Obi-Wan?

Beast
06-15-2002, 04:43 PM
There looks to be a middle case, with the Bespin Wave and only 1 Han: Endor in the case, and no other new figures. Then there is the case with 2 Obi-Wan's, 1 Han, and 1 Chewie. And then the next case is going to be 3 Han's, 3 Chewie's, and probably 2-3 Obi-Wan's as well. Sure is confusing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 05:09 PM
But there were actually more Hans than Lukes and Vaders!

And when is the Obi-Wan/Chewie case coming?

Beast
06-15-2002, 05:13 PM
The 3 per case one should be hitting very soon. I expect them to start popping up in the next 2 weeks or so. That's odd about the Han, DeadEye. Either not many people are buying him, compared to the Vader and Luke, or there is another case, with more Han's and less of the others? Weird.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 05:19 PM
I don't know. I've read Dar'Argol's list of case assortments, and while the list is accurate, figures come in a different ratio per case than people have been saying. I saw about twenty Hans and maybe two Vaders and four Lukes. I saw a few Palpatines and Djas Puhrs, and and the complete Massiff/Qui-Gon/Orn Free Taa/Endor Rebel Soldier wave. (Hmm, did I just list the whole wave? ;))

Darth Detori
06-15-2002, 06:11 PM
yeah, at Newbury Comics (the only place I can ever find new figures, just because they're so over-priced) they've got a GOOD amount of Han's, luke's, vaders, and the qui-gon wave- but no obi's or chewies!!! There must be another case going around that we don't know about

LTBasker
06-15-2002, 06:42 PM
Hasbro might've taken a gander at the way Kenner shipped figures during POTF2, there were several different packings for one assortment that weren't all that easy to figure out, IIRC.

When I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they had hordes of Bespin wave figs but they only had a single Han. 'Course I might've not looked close enough and I know someone else was there before me because they had 2 of each of the Endor Solider wave but no Massiffs.

hango fett
06-15-2002, 07:06 PM
just went to local wal-mart and saw at least 75 mace windu anirisams there. they had that entire wave for the first time and boy did they flood the place! my god! i have never seen so many lukes, vaders, jangos, or maces at one time! there had to be at least 50 of each there. down side part one is we already have them. down side part 2 is they won't be getting any of the han wave out this month. i'll have to go to the auxzillary stores like meijers and k-mart and the wal-mart to the south and the one to the north of us. if anyone needs any of these, i can get you one in 2 weeks. PM me if ya do.

DarthMushy
06-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Yeah... ditto here, Hango. Those things were everywhere... must have been 20-30 lukes, vaders, maces, etc. And 3 Hans. Thank you, Hasbro, for your bizarre figure distribution.

QLD
06-15-2002, 07:38 PM
A week ago people were screaming we need more lukes. *sigh* I feel like an old fogey.

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Well now my Wal-Mart has all 40 of the Saga figures except Pilot Obi-Wan and Chewie.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-15-2002, 08:23 PM
tons of Jango :eek:
tons of Mace :eek:
tons of Luke :eek:
tons of Vader :eek:

hango fett
06-15-2002, 09:33 PM
this just goes to show you what the stores have NOT got into yet or don't have yet....uncanny how it can vary from waly world to waly world. to the south, they have the qui-gonn wave and the electronic obi-wan lightsaber for the first time! i want to get this one ASAP! it's an awsome electronic lightsaber!

Dar' Argol
06-15-2002, 10:12 PM
These 2 threads were talking about the same thing, So I merged them:D

Originally posted by DeadEye
I don't know. I've read Dar'Argol's list of case assortments, and while the list is accurate, figures come in a different ratio per case than people have been saying. I saw about twenty Hans and maybe two Vaders and four Lukes. I saw a few Palpatines and Djas Puhrs, and and the complete Massiff/Qui-Gon/Orn Free Taa/Endor Rebel Soldier wave. (Hmm, did I just list the whole wave? ;))

Deadeye, each wave/ratio case comes with a different Asst #. This makes it easy for Hasbro and Stores to keep it organized. What I have listed is what I have seen. If someone else has seen a different ratio case, that has case qty's and an Asst # that is verifiable, I would post it.