PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

WesleySr
06-15-2002, 04:54 PM
This has something to do with Star Wars. Maybe someone can help. My 2 year old son loves Bob The Builder. Naturally, I have brought him almost all the toys. Well yesterday, one of them died (batteries). Today, another one started dying. Well they take 3 of those A76 type batteries. The cheapest place I can find them is at Wal-Mart for $1.96 each. I can't see paying $6 to replace the batteries in an $8 toy. Well guess what else I found at Wal-Mart? Deluxe Nexu!!! Lucky me!!! (But no Deluxe Anakin). Anyways it also takes 3 of those A76 batteries. So is there anywhere to get these batteries cheaper than $1.96 a piece at Wal-Mart??? Let me know.

LTBasker
06-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Probably not unless you look around and find some very generic versions of them which probably wouldn't last as long as name brand versions.

Lord Tenebrous
06-15-2002, 10:33 PM
I'm with Basker, buy the best batteries you can, because even if you do find a cheaper alternative, they will be less potent, and you'll be paying more to replace them at shorter intervals.

Another alternative is just getting three batteries, and putting them into the toy you want to use at the time. When you're done with the one, put them into the toy you want to use next. That's a more efficient method of cost-cutting.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Crap Shack.....

I mean Radio Shack

Obi-Don
06-16-2002, 06:45 AM
You get what you pay for. If the toy is used a lot. I would get the best I could. You might even try some stores like big lots like that. Sometimes you can get stuff cheaper and it will be just as good.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 08:57 PM
I've found that with these A76 button-cell batteries, the difference between big brand name and lesser, more generic ones is fairly slim since this battery has very little capacity in it - but there is a difference, the materials of the housing and the capacitance core can recycle the energy throughout the circuit more efficiently if they're of better quality, which means longer life.

I bought a few "sheets" of these batteries a while ago at a local collectors show - it was $3 for a sheet which contained a dozen batteries on it. However, the brand was brand-x and the retailer didn't go back to the show for me to get more of 'em, so I haven't found more since. Luckily for me, I have used up the dozen so far, but there's got to be a cheaper way to regularly get these.